test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is Soul really that bad early on nowadays?

ntknntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Marksman Discussion
ive read the stickied guides and its been mentioned that the soul tree in earlier levels is utter trash. but these guides were written in 2010/2011 and hasnt been touched since the, so im assuming there severly outdated (idk why pw keeps threads stickied that the OP abandoned years ago in almost all of there forums).

so is or is this not the case today?
Post edited by ntkn on

Comments

• DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At early levels, like around 40ish it is pretty meh, however with the perma 3x exp and all the new guides and quests there is, no one stays 40 for more than a day or 2 so it doesn't really matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • Isock - EyrdaIsock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    precision mm gets a skill that stuns for 3 seconds and does bleed effect, also their hunter mark is awesome

burst marksman gets their aoe's pretty early

and soul.....soul gets a thing that drains mana and does meh damage T;Astonished
    only cool thing is the 5 sec invisibilty every 5 min
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwenny - EyrdaGwenny - Eyrda Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've played as a Burst into the high levels before I bothered with Soul so I have not experienced low level Soul gameplay. If you want to be Soul from the start go ahead. I would not call it trash. This game has an item called Talent Compasses that resets your tree and allows you to re-distribute your talent tree points. So you can switch trees if you're not enjoying low level Soul gameplay. Soul tends to be viewed as the main PVP tree, though I've seen plenty of MMs playing Prec in PVP too. Burst tends to be viewed as the PVE tree and not seen often in PVP. Many MMs start as Burst and switch to the other two trees at end game. Those Aoes are fun as Burst. It's still my favorite tree.

It's super easy to level in this game nowadays so you wouldn't be a lowbie for long. Back then you'd be stuck in the 30s or 40s for long periods of time. Nowadays you can hit those levels in a day with all the exp quests give nowadays combined with high levels doing Phoenix Orders with you. So really you can pick any of the three trees and be perfectly alright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Gwenny> - Precision Marksman - Eyrda Server
    <Gvanza> - Torture Tormentor - Eyrda Server
    <Gwendolyn> - Bloodwind Bloodraider - Lionheart Server

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
  • johnnybnezjohnnybnez Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Saying Soul MM early game is trash is like saying Sins suck at AoE. Soul MM doesn't suck in early level, it's the fact that he doesn't pretty much have any capacities. Besides the Accuracy buff, he doesn't bring much to the table. Till level 55, Soul MM is almost nothing. It's a ranged Sin. If you compare Prec with Burst with Soul, you'll see that the other two trees provide something useful in a way. Prec at lv55 can give 2% more Crit Chance and an increased duration to 25 mins. Burst on the other hand, at lv55 it's better than a mage in the idea of spam capacities. Quick Reload + Rake of Fury = high damage burst. Soul... Soul does okay-ish damage after lv55. Burst of rage does the job.

Pretty much as Isock said