test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assassin Builds for PVP

Equivalent - IllyfueEquivalent - Illyfue Posts: 75 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Assassin Discussion
Edit: Forgot to change title, it's both PvP and PvE

Hey.
I'll make this thread as an attempt to try to stop people from making 1 thread per day asking how to build their newly made sin.

Gear
Edge Sin = Crit Chance Gear with Crit Damage IDs.
Evasion Sin = Accuracy+Evasion on all additional attributes and all identified attributes! (crit chance+evasion and attack+evasion is decent too)
Venom hybrid = Crit Chance Gear with Crit Damage IDs.
Venom pure = Attack+HP Gear with Attack IDs

Rune-Talents PvP (Some are very hard to obtain. Note: there are 16 rune slots.)
Must-have:
-Focused Maneuver 4/3
-Rapid Attack 4/3
-Stealth Theory 1/3 non-dark
-Sudden Strike 4/3 Venom
-Hurried Pain 5/4 Venom
-Advanced Shadow Protection 5/4 Dark

Recommended:
-Itensified Aggression 3/2
-Stealth Theory 4/3 Dark
-Art of Hunting 4/3 Dark
-Pain Of Nightmare 4/3 Venom

Optional:
-Shadow Spikes 4/3 (60 eva-debuff)

Talents: Always feel free to adjust a little depending on Your Playstyle this thread is only guidelines to give new players a good start. The indicated levels are only requirements for the listed talents, it's not to inquire: use this build when you become 77.

Edge Hybrid PvP:
lvl 65
lvl 68
lvl 77
#lvl 80

Evasion Build PvP:
lvl 55 dark
lvl 71 edge
lvl 73 dark
#lvl 79 dark
lvl 80 edge

Venom PvP:
lvl 65
lvl 77 without Lurking Sting
#lvl 80 hybrid
lvl 80 with Mutilation

Venom PvE:
#lvl 80 hybrid
lvl 80
lvl 76 without lurking sting

Edge PvE:
lvl 59
lvl 75
#lvl 80 hybrid

# = My personal favourites.
Critics: feel free to reply with constructive arguments, but keep in mind this is only to Help Beginners. As previously stated: Do Adjust these builds to fit Your Playstyle.
That was all, I hope this thread contributes to something good.
Post edited by Equivalent - Illyfue on

Comments

• Zarania - DyosZarania - Dyos Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wy didnt you skill the talent "Compound Blades" in your hybrid lvl 78 & 80 edge build? :)
  • Equivalent - IllyfueEquivalent - Illyfue Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why didn't you skill the talent "Compound Blades" in your hybrid lvl 77 & 80 edge build? :)

I don't find it very important since in pvp you use dark nightmare which is dark mastery while u supposedly only have high physical mastery. 20% bonus damage from dark nightmare = 383 dark attack.
    It's definitely not bad and if one would want it 2/2 I would recommend lowering Wound infliction to 1/3 or the Seal Knowledge above (crit dmg per blast orb).

Off-topic:
    In the talent calculator where it says "required level: 78" it actually requires lvl 77.

Edit: I'll calculate the damage difference later in Excel if you want me to compare them more in detail :)
  • IceIceEvie - LionheartIceIceEvie - Lionheart Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Hey.
    I'll make this thread as an attempt to try to stop people from making 1 thread per day asking how to build their newly made sin.

Gear
    Evasion Sin = Accuracy+Evasion on all additional attributes and all identified attributes! (crit chance+evasion and attack+evasion is decent too)

Must-have:
    -Focused Maneuver 4/3
    -Rapid Attack 4/3
    -Sudden Strike 4/3 Venom
    -Hurried Pain 5/4 Venom

Recommended:
    -Stealth Theory 4/3 Dark
    -Art of Hunting 4/3 Dark

Optional:

Edge Hybrid PvP:
    lvl 65
    lvl 68
    lvl 77
    #lvl 80

Evasion Build PvP:
    lvl 55 dark
    lvl 71 edge
    lvl 73 dark
    #lvl 79 dark
    lvl 80 edge

Venom PvP:
    lvl 65
    #lvl 80 hybrid
    lvl 80 with Mutilation

Venom PvE:
    #lvl 80 hybrid
    lvl 80

Edge PvE:
    lvl 59
    lvl 75
    #lvl 80 hybrid

Critics: feel free to reply with constructive arguments, but keep in mind this is only to Help Beginners. As previously stated: Do Adjust these builds to fit Your Playstyle.

I highly recommend seed of agony rune and darkness expert rune for venom build.

Secondly, a venom without abomination 3/3 talents is not considered as venom. The ability to treat 7 agony orbs and 3 blast orbs to amplify your finisher. What make a venom decent on PVP is their DoT, finishers and DPS. Without abomination your finisher will not be as powerful as it suppose to be.

Thirdly, I mean no way LS is good at anything. PVE when u use LS u sacrifice your hp(kindred),(yea I know u can argue that human venom sin don't have to scarify hp when using LS but the skill won't hit as high as kindred one) Furthermore, I don't like healer to spam heal on me when running instance, for PVP LS is simply useless. If u r gonna need to rely on that 60 acc from LS to hit someone in pvp, seriously just go for edge or dark. Because venom simply just don't suitable for u.

Based on my personal PVP experience the one who use controlling effect on target will most likely gain an advantage and higher chance to win a match. Taking away a point from secret art - agony and 2 points from advance secret art doesn't seem like a wise choice. Even for edge/dark hybrid build they put in at least one point in secret art - blast and 2 points in advance secret art blast. I understand what u trying to do. Using secret art - agony to get 2 agony orbs then use either ToP or LS to get third agony orb. Simply because u think that it's easy to get agony orbs and advance secret agony it's a waste of talent point. But I can tell ya u got the skill totally wrong. Things don't always go the way u want it to be. When fighting bards they will just have to put u to sleep and when your orbs ran out it doesn't bring benefit to u at all. What I'm trying to say is you need to get as many orbs as quick u can get and if possible wraith and red hand so u can perform a better finishers. Vamp will dark bond u most of the time, ice Mage will also frost u and keep a distance with u. If think they will let u ToP and LS them to build up your orbs then I can tell u that u have done a very terribly mistake. When War activated BoD will u even hit them? The answer is obviously a NO. You will have to keep a distance with them until BoD ware off.

Putting a point just on secret art - agony, that means it will be a 60 seconds CD skill. And u have no advance talent that means NO additional orbs for sure. Completely a mistake for PVP. As for the reason I've already stated it above my point.

Fourthly, 5 points on ghost shadow and 0 point on Swift stalk. Are u going to put 3 swift stalk rune in rune slot or something? I got no idea what u trying to do either way. Even your edge build, evasion build is completely messed up. But, I'm not going to discuss into it since I'm not edge, Eva build anymore.
    edited February 2013
    I really like your arguments about venom, I also dislike Lurking Sting but I know many others like it, so I made at least 1 build with and 1 without.

Darkness Expert rune, I agree 100%. I forgot that rune talent existed when I uploaded this. (also recommended but but a must for dark sin)

Swift stalk is (almost) completely useless in my opinion.
    It gives u (In Stealth only): 11,4 evasion per level it does NOT increase your evasion by 20%/lvl as you may think.
    You already get 57 eva in stealth as an eva-build that means you will already have around 500-650 in stealth, adding (3/5) 34 more eva isn't worth the talent points in my opinion when no1 can hit you in stealth anyway as an eva-build.

I've played edge hybrid (non-eva) for a very very long time and I would say that (from my experience in Edge) Secret Art upgrades are NOT worth any talent points. Since the Gain is so small and the talent points are very useful in other places. You can easily get many orbs before dark nightmare's cooldown is ready, even with the sleep/bonds etc They aren't a huge problem for getting the blast orbs (although they are for Wrath -.-). (Take into consideration of having rapid attack 4/3 and Throat cut 3/3)

Abomination:
    I only get rank 1 abomination. Because usually I only have time to get one blast orb and directly DN to silence target.
    Secondly, a venom without abomination 3/3 talents is not considered as venom. The ability to treat 7 agony orbs and 3 blast orbs to amplify your finisher. What make a venom decent on PVP is their DoT, finishers and DPS. Without abomination your finisher will not be as powerful as it suppose to be.
    Sorry for being mean to pull up such a counter, but you seem so eager to saw down my builds that you even contradict your own words.
    And as far as I see the only build where I made the mistake of having it 0/3 on the possible level is Venom PvE: #lvl 80 hybrid. I regret that one. :p

About the edge eva build, please go into that one :p cuz I don't see any 'wrongs' with it. And if you say "add this talent" don't forget to mention which talent you Remove points from.
  • mrsooshimrsooshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    IceIceEvie I'm a venom without abomination. So you're saying I'm not venom? Venom doesn't always rely on DoTs. I don't even have DoT in my rotation and I do enough dps.
  • iryiairyia Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    a great guide ty for it just a lil thing i noticed and i think was a fault of attention ^^

on the lvl 71 edge eva u have put gouge 4/4 but the last point need to be lvl 75 to being able to use it ^^

except that great guide ty
    edited February 2013
    I really like your arguments about venom, I also dislike Lurking Sting but I know many others like it, so I made at least 1 build with and 1 without.

Darkness Expert rune, I agree 100%. I forgot that rune talent existed when I uploaded this. (also recommended but but a must for dark sin)

Swift stalk is (almost) completely useless in my opinion.
    It gives u (In Stealth only): 11,4 evasion per level it does NOT increase your evasion by 20%/lvl as you may think.
    You already get 57 eva in stealth as an eva-build that means you will already have around 500-650 in stealth, adding (3/5) 34 more eva isn't worth the talent points in my opinion when no1 can hit you in stealth anyway as an eva-build.

I've played edge hybrid (non-eva) for a very very long time and I would say that (from my experience in Edge) Secret Art upgrades are NOT worth any talent points. Since the Gain is so small and the talent points are very useful in other places. You can easily get many orbs before dark nightmare's cooldown is ready, even with the sleep/bonds etc They aren't a huge problem for getting the blast orbs (although they are for Wrath -.-). (Take into consideration of having rapid attack 4/3 and Throat cut 3/3)

Abomination:

Sorry for being mean to pull up such a counter, but you seem so eager to saw down my builds that you even contradict your own words.
    And as far as I see the only build where I made the mistake of having it 0/3 on the possible level is Venom PvE: #lvl 80 hybrid. I regret that one. :p

About the edge eva build, please go into that one :p cuz I don't see any 'wrongs' with it. And if you say "add this talent" don't forget to mention which talent you Remove points from.

Swift stalk is not useless talent. Each point u added into it reduce the cooldown of stealth. I have the rune so my skill is 13 secs cooldown only. The reason I'm saying it's useful because u can keep going into stealth at 12v12. That means every few seconds you will be able to enter stealth mode. By using stealth mode you will be able to sleep target. Secondly, the ability to observe in 12v12 without letting anyone killing you. Third, if you will be able to go stealth mode, that means you be much easier to stealth flags from opponent (ability to steal flags from opponent without group). I guess u misinterpret what I'm trying to say.

Don't worry I get what u trying to say. On my other post I stated that I've only get one abomination because as I said it's hard to build up blast orb for venom and I need to use that immediately to silence target. After using talent compass adjustment I've figure out that by taking away the points from LS. It's possible to get abomination rank 3 and also be able to hybrid dark. So yea... U can look at the date that I've posted. It's completely different date. Sorry if I confused u.

Edge Eva without swift eva an advanced shadow protection is really weird. Nothing wrong with that too. It's just that u've already sacrifice 2 points on compound blade. If u want to go eva swift evasion + advance shadow protection will be good. Shadow spike is not really useful imo.
    edited February 2013
    mrsooshi wrote: »
    IceIceEvie I'm a venom without abomination. So you're saying I'm not venom? Venom doesn't always rely on DoTs. I don't even have DoT in my rotation and I do enough dps.

Alright a little correction for what Ive said previously. What I'm trying to say is that a PVP venom without abomination is not really consider as good PVP venom. (focus mainly on PVP). Abomination will increase the damage of finishers for your FINISHERS skills. Which is higher DoTs for NT and higher damage for DN. By spamming TS and ToP it's possible to get 4 agony orbs and 3 blast orbs. If u have Rank 3 on abomination that mean u will be able to treat 7 agony orbs and 3 blast orbs on FINISHERS. So I concluded that abomination it's better for pvp compared to LS.

If u going dps routine. Then yes, abomination is indeed useless. LS will be better than TS. TS is only for building blast orbs. Abomination is not for dps wise, and it's not good at all compared to LS for dps rotation. DoTs don't even work on mobs that immure to controlling effect. Furthermore, TS is a physical skill the entire tree of venom doesn't have a single skill to enhance the skill. LS is better for dpsing.
    edited February 2013
    By the time u even farm 4/3 orbs u would be dead in pvp. 3 blast orbs takes 15 seconds to achieve. You cant focus everything just on ur finisher. VS me in pvp sometime and ill show you that you dont need abomination to be good in pvp.
    edited February 2013
    mrsooshi wrote: »
    By the time u even farm 4/3 orbs u would be dead in pvp. 3 blast orbs takes 15 seconds to achieve. You cant focus everything just on ur finisher. VS me in pvp sometime and ill show you that you dont need abomination to be good in pvp.

15 seconds? No lol. If you have 4x hypnotic aggravation rune. I'm currently at the progress of 1/4 runes. 8 seconds of silence should be enough for building up the orbs I need trust me. What makes a venom good it's their finishers. Not basic skills for pvp. No way venom could even have higher cc rate than edge. Spamming basic skill is not a wise choice. I know you are a full cc build. But can u imagine that if u r currently edge, u can definitely do better than venom isn't it?
    edited February 2013
    Lol trust you? i dont think you even know how hypnotic aggrovation works. its 8s silence OR until they take 3 hits. I never ever mentioned once anything about which class has more cc LOL no one even said anything about spamming basic skills. only thing i said was you cant focus everything on ur finisher. You think venom basic skills arent good for pvp? ToP/LS is equivalent to TS/gouge on edge with recent patch adding in 3s crit silence on each. Try taking on someone strong in lionheart and see how fast u build ur 4/3 orbs before they kill you.
  • wizarddeveloperwizarddeveloper Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi, I would like to thank you for this guide. I am going to lvl up my first assassin char (Lycan) and I am going to use this build
    Edge Hybrid PvP:
    lvl 65
    lvl 68
    lvl 77
    #lvl 80

Is there anything in this build that have to be changed to suit Lycan?

Thank you all in advance.
    edited March 2013
    Finally a thanks :) I appreciate that.

And when reading through the builds you quoted I saw that I made a mistake on the lvl 65 where gouge is 4/4 but should only be 3/4 and the single talent point should be moved to wound infliction/nightmare seal.

Since Lycan isn't available yet on the talent calc I'll just try to guess from my memory of a lvl 20 lycan alt in-game. I think their version was the same as human (Nightmare Seal) = super good talent to max :) more important than maxing Keen Eye in my opinion :)

Sorry I'm too lazy right now to start up the game and login to the lycan alt, but if I recall correctly you should spend the talent points at quite much the same places.
    I might double-check their talents at another time but I don't think it's needed :)
    Take care wizarddeveloper.
  • Vaira_Sant - Storm LegionVaira_Sant - Storm Legion Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just came over from egde/dark pvp into dark eva pvp friends gave me your 79 eva dark and am playing with it just feels a little off for me or am just not used to ti but mess around with it a tiny bit and come out with something like http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t3a45t3b13t3b23t3b34t3c24t3c43t3d23t3d34t3e43t3f21t3f31t3g21t3g44t3h11t3h22t3h33t3i33t3j12t3j22t3j43t3k23t3k32t3l21 being edge I like the toe to toe dmg and dark seems a little more back doorish to me any suggestions ?
    Storm-Legion Server
    Vaira_Santia 80 Dark Assassin
    VaileaRen 80 Light bard
    KeirenDraven 80 Blood Vampire
    NeroVexys 80 BloodLust Warrior
    Amytiel 77 Aegis warrior
    FyrreStorm 77 Fire Mage
    TsukiMyst 74 Divine Priest
    Selendrah 78 BloodWind Reaper
  • heliosflamesheliosflames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just came over from egde/dark pvp into dark eva pvp friends gave me your 79 eva dark and am playing with it just feels a little off for me or am just not used to ti but mess around with it a tiny bit and come out with something like http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t3a45t3b13t3b23t3b34t3c24t3c43t3d23t3d34t3e43t3f21t3f31t3g21t3g44t3h11t3h22t3h33t3i33t3j12t3j22t3j43t3k23t3k32t3l21 being edge I like the toe to toe dmg and dark seems a little more back doorish to me any suggestions ?

T.T geez Vai you coulda just pm'd me (is Prince btw) i woulda gave you the build i use and some tips on what to do.. btw max out Accuracy boost and take points out of Shadow Snare it's not a stun anymore ever since the lycan update it's just a dumb ensnare. Go with Venom runes (Sudden Strike, Hurried Pain, and Darkness Mastery) making thrust of pain your main skill (if you're Dark mastery built) (Darkness poison rune) for the little DoT (which surprisingly have killed a few people for me :D) but i use it for the 10% slow which may not seem a lot but really helps... If you were recently edge "I ASSUME" you use assassinate personally i haven't used that skill since i was like lv45 but you can get by without "Eyes of Shadow" and "Speed of Darkness" and throw those 2 points into "Still Shadow", I say this because I only recently put points into EoS and SoD and did pretty fine w/o em... Other than that it looks good enough and I can show you how to play Pure Dark better than i can tell you just shoot me a pm whenever ya on...
  • heliosflamesheliosflames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Evasion Build PvP:
    lvl 55 dark
    lvl 71 edge
    lvl 73 dark
    #lvl 79 dark
    lvl 80 edge

Your Dark eva build im assuming you did a speed type of build (which isn't bad, great for getting a quick RH) I am positive it can be wonderful to pvp with and i'll give it a try sometime so good job on it. Here's my thoughts however: It's good for closing gaps with someone but seems rahter limited to just that which isn't all that good for a melee class, reason why is if you try to kite with it against melee you'll probably only get away from a prot, Sins will DC you, warrs will assault you, ranged classes will have about 12m range (minimum i think that's a vamp) and others will have more think 23m (or more for MM). This is assuming the sins eva is ok at best and you can be hit and you're in arena (worse case scenario i did) and im not sure how your build will do in open world pvp. Only if you wanna be able to hold your ground in a fight a bit better then I'd suggest taking points out of Persistant Chase, Art of hunting, Speed Flash, Swift wind, Wind Speed, and Shadow Snare. Max out Assassination Mastery (not for the idea of a mana drain but the damage it'll do in return, so you'll be hitting classes like mages, priest, and bards harder than you'll do warrs and other sins unless their mana builds lmao), Accuracy boost (even with VI at our side there's no such thing as too much accuracy), Rapid Attack (if you have a point in speed of darkness then you'll want rapid shadow to proc often), and Focused Manuever (15 sec of 45 acc and 18 eva sounds good to me). Then when you hit 80 you'll have 1 point left go have a field day with it.
  • Vaira_Sant - Storm LegionVaira_Sant - Storm Legion Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think its just a 'speed dark sin' that's got me confused so kinda agree with ^ post on it, am to used to just hitting someone instead of running around (as running about usually gets me face planted into walls). I stick near wars so they don't use assult on me as it's my wars pet pev, and usually get myself around mms to hit them anyway. Only thing i see this speed sin on really is chaseing down someone trying to run off what I think DC would help to close the gap and but a slow on them so u dont need the speed buffs on everything. getting speed buff really annoys me and with every skill i have now doing it am not really likeing it.

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t3a45t3b13t3b23t3b34t3c24t3c44t3d23t3d34t3e43t3f21t3f31t3g21t3g44t3h22t3h33t3i33t3j12t3j22t3j43t3k23t3k32t3l21

((also can't fnd the pm thing))
    Storm-Legion Server
    Vaira_Santia 80 Dark Assassin
    VaileaRen 80 Light bard
    KeirenDraven 80 Blood Vampire
    NeroVexys 80 BloodLust Warrior
    Amytiel 77 Aegis warrior
    FyrreStorm 77 Fire Mage
    TsukiMyst 74 Divine Priest
    Selendrah 78 BloodWind Reaper
  • isydaisyda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is one difference in the edge lycan build that I was wondering about. Earlier Compound Blades was dismissed as its not enough damage to be concerned with. The Lycan version of Compound Blades is called Sharp Claws, which does this at rank 2:

The crit rate of each stack of Finisher Skills is increased by 3.0%
    The Additional attack of Finisher Skills is increased by 30% in Werewolf state

Does this make Sharp Claws (lycan's Compound blades) more or less useful?
  • kanogokanogo Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That means you get 3% crit chance and for sin crit chance it is needed.
    As per compound blade skill i take it for the extra 2% crit chance just because the finishers are the highest in damage skills and a crit from them is always welcomed.
  • dirilticidiriltici Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Hey.

Gear

Must-have:
    -Focused Maneuver 4/3
    -Rapid Attack 4/3
    -Sudden Strike 4/3 Venom
    -Hurried Pain 5/4 Venom

Recommended:
    -Stealth Theory 4/3 Dark
    -Art of Hunting 4/3 Dark

Optional:

Talents: Always feel free to adjust a little depending on Your Playstyle this thread is only guidelines to give new players a good start. The indicated levels are only requirements for the listed talents, it's not to inquire: use this build when you become 77.

Edge Hybrid PvP:
    lvl 65
    lvl 68
    lvl 77
    #lvl 80

Evasion Build PvP:
    lvl 55 dark
    lvl 71 edge
    lvl 73 dark
    #lvl 79 dark
    lvl 80 edge

Venom PvP:
    lvl 65
    #lvl 80 hybrid
    lvl 80 with Mutilation

Venom PvE:
    #lvl 80 hybrid
    lvl 80

Edge PvE:
    lvl 59
    lvl 75
    #lvl 80 hybrid

thanks