test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mixed info on Swift Evasion

bjornadaelbjornadael Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Assassin Discussion
Been playing an assassin for awhile now. Only recently was told that the description of Swift Evasion in the Dark Tree might be incorrect.

The original description as seen on talent calculator and in game states:

Increases your evasion by 150 and reduces your incoming damage by 20%. Lasts for 12 seconds

In further levels, the evasion increases and the damage reduction decreases. I've been told by several members there used to be a thread in the past stating the "incoming" is meant to be "outgoing" damage; that you are trading damage for Evasion.

I haven't been able to find the thread. Anyone able to help me out?
Post edited by bjornadael on

Comments

• Firebat - EyrdaFirebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bjornadael wrote: »
    Been playing an assassin for awhile now. Only recently was told that the description of Swift Evasion in the Dark Tree might be incorrect.

The original description as seen on talent calculator and in game states:

Increases your evasion by 150 and reduces your incoming damage by 20%. Lasts for 12 seconds

In further levels, the evasion increases and the damage reduction decreases. I've been told by several members there used to be a thread in the past stating the "incoming" is meant to be "outgoing" damage; that you are trading damage for Evasion.

I haven't been able to find the thread. Anyone able to help me out?

Faster to just try it out....

Un equip weapon (no damage variations that way)
    Auto attack something
    Look at damage
    Cast swift evasion
    If outgoing damage drops.... guess what?
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.