Install Arc

Do you need help picking a class?

123457»

Comments

• Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    paskall wrote: »
    First i want to thanks to Ashaw
    Dude this guide help me a lot but put me a doubt to between protector and assassin

I guess i'll protector because of my experience (isn't much but i've try some mmos) in other mmo's i must of the times go to warrior or tank and only in my first and second mmo (i still play my first mmo sometimes) i had try assassin so i guess is better Protector now and if i don't like go to assassin

I only read the first 2 pages so if i said something which are allready in another page in the topic please tell

i think the most pages are just editings and addings to it. Rest i think are bumps

I think 2-4 thanks

But i don't see why it would matter if it was already said but thanks for commenting. But i also want to say you shouldn't thank me. This was made by the community. I just put it togeather and threw in my 2 sense.
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hey Ashaw, you might need to take down "Server Popularity" it's largely out of date, at least on Lionheart Server and I don't want to put my foot in my mouth and make up a new list. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • Ghundam - EyrdaGhundam - Eyrda Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Synopsis:

Pick anything except a mm if you like PvP. Presently in sour qq mode due to mm weakness.
  • Reori - NyosReori - Nyos Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=298851
    Inferno Guide I wrote, to help new Infenro's in FW
    Inferno Vampire Guide: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=298851
  • yhonkyhonk Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Ok, So I am a Warrior, but when I read on Protector I was like, OMFG, I am gonna choose this class NAO!

So its the PROTECTOR!
  • lamesquirellamesquirel Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    hey its ashaw, i been having alot of computer problems and account problems in the last few months. then the holidays kinda slowed down my process of fixing. With a new job and school. Been hard to play.
  • tripoteliostripotelios Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    MarksMen FTW. thanks a lot, you helped me with that thread. I came from PWI to FW and i couldnt find a class that suits me but finally i found. PROTECTOR
  • Asnar - Storm LegionAsnar - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Nice guide but anyone got a good Aagis warrior build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crynozinxxcrynozinxx Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thanks, currently downloading the game and this guide is proving useful
    edited April 2012
    @crynozinxx, Glad I could help :D seriously, always nice to visit the forums and see it wasnt a complete waist of time and effort I put into this.
  • luckigrrlluckigrrl Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    excellent post, thanks for all of the time you obviously put into it. will make it much easier to pick a class.
  • nzforumpostnzforumpost Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    its the type of thing you want to see straight away on all class discussions when starting a new game, n1.
  • Aritea - LionheartAritea - Lionheart Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

@LuckiGrrlJust so you know, I wasn't the only one that worked with this. Xsasukex, Luciferia, nightwolf200, Orissa, and Axym, they all had a big effect on the guide.
  • diamondketodiamondketo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thank you so much very helpful XD.
    edited January 2013
    Thank you so much very helpful XD.

Glad it helped you, always nice to see the my guide with a lot of community help is still helping people. Also, if you check out my youtube channel "SirStriped" I have helpful FW videos.
  • trixienyxytrixienyxy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    :confused: Hey All,

Like so many other threads and posts, I am new to the game, I was playing PWI for years and took a break and now have tried out FW as a Lycan Priest, currently I am lvl 8 and really have no idea what I am doing. I have been reading guides and the forum, but there are so many different opinions I just need some basic advise on getting to about 20-25 and what to do with gear weapons etc, making coin you know the basics :o.

I would be so greatful for the help, you can pm in game Trixie_Lix, or send me a private message. I also play on the lionheart server; thanks so much for reading and looking forward to diving into the game and knowing what I am doing

:D :rolleyes: :p
    edited February 2013
    trixienyxy wrote: »
    :confused: Hey All,

Like so many other threads and posts, I am new to the game, I was playing PWI for years and took a break and now have tried out FW as a Lycan Priest, currently I am lvl 8 and really have no idea what I am doing. I have been reading guides and the forum, but there are so many different opinions I just need some basic advise on getting to about 20-25 and what to do with gear weapons etc, making coin you know the basics :o.

I would be so greatful for the help, you can pm in game Trixie_Lix, or send me a private message. I also play on the lionheart server; thanks so much for reading and looking forward to diving into the game and knowing what I am doing

:D :rolleyes: :p

Level up more. You should reach the main town in the game. Talk to henry and do his quests. You can do his quests 30 times a day and his rewards are great at low levels. Not only do you get decent EXP, you get money, and some items here and there. Level up quicker with Gods Trial. Just level up and learn the game. The storyline isn't the best but it is enjoyable. Also, take a gander at doing more then just questing and instances. Heck even walking around and finding the little funny NPCs gives me a reason to play.
  • trixienyxytrixienyxy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks so much for the advice, lamesquirel... will do :o
    edited February 2013
    trixienyxy wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the advice, lamesquirel... will do :o

the name lamesquirel comes from a really old inside joke.
    edited February 2013
    Double post but for a good reason

200th Reply :P
  • rexjack5150rexjack5150 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    looking for suggestions on a active server, a good class/race (mainly PVE) and crafting/job(whatever the talents are called in FW).
    hopefully one that is fairly solo-able and not very cash shop reliant.
    i havnt started the game yet but im looking for info before hand so im not constantly restarting due to frustration trying to figure out whats a nice enjoyable combo.

i just left another f2p site, and looking for a new mmo home so if anyone could take some time and give me any input or tips it would be greatly appreciated. i tried ether saga and was not impressed by it and the lack of players on the server was a bit discouraging. im hoping FW will be better
  • Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    looking for suggestions on a active server, a good class/race (mainly PVE) and crafting/job(whatever the talents are called in FW).
    hopefully one that is fairly solo-able and not very cash shop reliant.
    i havnt started the game yet but im looking for info before hand so im not constantly restarting due to frustration trying to figure out whats a nice enjoyable combo.

i just left another f2p site, and looking for a new mmo home so if anyone could take some time and give me any input or tips it would be greatly appreciated. i tried ether saga and was not impressed by it and the lack of players on the server was a bit discouraging. im hoping FW will be better

If you are looking for a PvE server, Storm is one of the most active.

The class and race you choose is up to you really, every class can be good at pve and/or pvp depending on what build you pick. Because of the perma 3x exp you can just pick a class thats interesting to you, play it to 30 or 40 and see how you like it. if you dont like, pick a new one until you find something that suits your style. Or you can search the different Class forums and see the builds and such beforehand to get a good idea what they're like.

Jobs boil down to pretty much two kinds, with some exceptions, gathering type jobs(miner, botany, scavenger) and crafting jobs (weaponsmith, jewelcrafter, alchemist, etc.). none of them are cash shop reliant, but making a decent pay from them requires some time and luck.

But a forewarning, because of the perma 3x exp, dont expect many of the areas, except the main towns, to be filled with players. Simply because everyone levels up so fast. so, it can be lonely at times.
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
123457»