test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

War or Prot

Sagitorus - IllyfueSagitorus - Illyfue Posts: 24 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Class Discussion
Which of 2 should i pick if i want to solo killing and quests id like to kill in PVP and doing gods trial...

Short i want to kill without dieng and tell pls some special things about the 2 classes so i can pick

THX in advance:D
Post edited by Sagitorus - Illyfue on

Comments

• lazypenguin1lazypenguin1 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    im not a 100 % experienced pro end game player, but ive learned a lot past few weeks,

warrior does higher damgae while prot has more defence, however prot can also do a lot of damage, and even out damage a warrior, diamond prot is the way i go, bcause for solo questing and pvping survival is most important, and if you dont want to die choose prot,

just a side note,

prots look really cool :P
  • Ciervo - EyrdaCiervo - Eyrda Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Err. Protectors do NOT have more DPS then warriors, But they do have better DPH (Damage per Hit) .
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    however prot can also do a lot of damage, and even out damage a warrior

ewww :eek::eek:

..nop..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
    edited September 2012
    alright, im wrong not out dps, however i would still prefer a prot due to the defence
  • Sagitorus - IllyfueSagitorus - Illyfue Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok let me say this... If you put a War vs a Prot who will win if the prot is diamand and warrior Elemental
    edited September 2012
    shouldnt you put an aegis warrior since the elemental is more pve based?

(just guessing could be wrong)
  • herpd2derpdherpd2derpd Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Diamond prot should win because of the stuns - wars don't have a lot of CC based on similar skill/gear. Problem is Prot vs everything else is toast. Sins will chain silence and they always have 1st hit with stealth and minimum 40% crit chance on that hit, mages/MM can kite and stay out of your stun range and good luck against bards especially water bards who will perma slow and mana drain and you have no chance to break the shield with the **** cast times of prots. Vamps with Dark bonds and various other cc's and debuffs as well as huge spike dmg shouldn't lose to a similar skill/gear prot. Even a divine priest can be extremely difficult matchup let alone glacials and rebels lol.

And no Aegis is pretty awful for pvp the CD on skills is just worthless. Not only is your atk lower but you can't do as much dmg because the cd of skills take forever. Bloodlust and Ele are the way to go it just depends what you prefer consistent damage(ele) or spike damage (blood). Though blood needs more hp, more hp = more dmg

Also coincidentaly Wars have the highest HP base which negates any defence disadvantage they have by a long way. Wars can hit 75k+hp I've yet to see a prot get anywhere near that, highest I can recall is 60-62k hp on a prot. On similar gems and refines a war will have around 20% more hp at a minimum.
    edited September 2012
    alright thanks, so the best way to go is warrior elemental, unless there is a pvp instance with more players (assuming)
  • Fhaze - EyrdaFhaze - Eyrda Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    however prot can also do a lot of damage, and even out damage a warrior,

wot iz dis foolishnezz?
    HEIL LONGNIPS, #1 GUILD IN EYRDA
  • Sagitorus - IllyfueSagitorus - Illyfue Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So what is better PVE Ele war or Diamond Prot
  • wtfnabwtfnab Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Being no pro nor a cs'er, here is my 2 cents worth:

I have a lvl 80 Burst MM, 79 Diamond Prot, 75 Ele War and 74 Dark Vamp and for PvP situations, I just luv my Boulder Brain ;) There is nothing better than to span my stuns and see my party members take care of the rest, sure one vs one, there are times I get my butt kicked, but in a group PVE situation ....... different story :D
  • herpd2derpdherpd2derpd Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    go Ele war- Prot gear is worhtless now simply because it's generally accepted that tehy are the second worst class for pvp. Also endgame you don't need a prot unless you're in a really really weak party. Any 1/2 decent party will prefer a war instead of prot in endgame instances. (Aeon Spire, Tomb of Kings, Gauntlet of Souls etc etc) Because War is probably the 2nd or 3rd most popular class any warrior drops you get are worth more so it's easier to fund
    edited September 2012
    alright thanks