test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

agility technique

yosiasyosias Posts: 118 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Marksman Discussion
skill book says it gives 4 evasion more....
why the hell would i spend exp for 4 more evasion q_q
does is it bad written or it really only gives 4 more eva?
Post edited by Unknown User on
Isock-Soul marksman since 2011
Tlatsotsonki-light bard

Comments

• asd29asd29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    yes it is 4 eva. Why would you buy it? Just save your soul chalices it's pretty unimportant unless you've gone all out evasion which from previous posts indicate you're not.
    As a level 80MM my advice for anyone wanting to be a MM - fun class to play. But it's not a button mash class. Be prepared for some frustration
  • yosiasyosias Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i was about the buy it, but still, even if i were full eva i would be disapointed, why its so little eva? what is 4 going to do? :c
    Isock-Soul marksman since 2011
    Tlatsotsonki-light bard
    edited June 2012
    You do realise how hard eva is to get up? It's approximately 1.5 ratio for acc to eva. The simple fact is eva is OP in a pvp sense. They can't hit - they can't get orbs, and unlike evasion, accuracy is almost worthless in pve. But I capped out at 362 eva a few others i know managed to get it 370-380 or so. Basically back when eva was viable for me 500-550 acc people would miss a lot still, we're talking approx 40% succes rate or less. Now that it's common to run into 600+acc people in 75+ arena in particular. If it gave something like +13eva it'd be to imbalanced for pure eva builds. But basically the game is moving away from evasion in the long run. Evasion is all or nothing you either go all out or don't bother at all. So if you're not eva spec even if it did give something like equal a mist4 unless you already had 330-340+ eva it does nothing for you.
    As a level 80MM my advice for anyone wanting to be a MM - fun class to play. But it's not a button mash class. Be prepared for some frustration
  • Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I used my soul chalices and unlocked it after I got to 80, didn't seem like a waste too too much, was something to spend exp on since those treasuries aren't 100% awesome.

I will agree that 4 seems kinda low, but every bit helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • YukikoMika - NyosYukikoMika - Nyos Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes, it does give just 4 more evasion. Not a huge amount, but it's slightly useful if you're an eva build.
    I'd personally save up your chalices to get the level 80 scroll Burning Swirl before you get Agility Technique, since it costs a lot more chalices as far as I remember.
  • momoyamamomoyama Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i think the skill should be changed to 5% or 10% instead of just 4. it would make the skill a little more usefull . that way it is a technique...:D
    edited June 2012
    momoyama wrote: »
    i think the skill should be changed to 5% or 10% instead of just 4. it would make the skill a little more usefull . that way it is a technique...:D

5-10% of what? Base evasion ie without any gear? probably be around 5-10 eva anyway. If it was 5-10% of total, then the uber eva freaks would be super op.

Anyone that pvp's regularly should be running a minimum of 500-550 acc. On my server 75+ arena is 600+acc territory hence eva is dead. You're looking at around 350-400 eva to have a chance, but that's before you get hit with the many many evasion debuffs