test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good lvl 60 MM gear?

ElleMuffin - LionheartElleMuffin - Lionheart Posts: 63 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Marksman Discussion
I am lvl 56 going to be lvl 60 soon (I will make it soon! :D) What is a good armor and weapon for lvl 60? Also isn't it Ragefire that increases health? or is that a different gem? I am a Burst MM if that makes a difference
Post edited by ElleMuffin - Lionheart on
Name:ElleMuffin
Class:Marksgal
Race:Female Dwarf
Level:5X
<Fairey's Princess>
"Man is immortal; therefore he must die endlessly. For life is a creative idea; it can only find itself in changing form"

Comments

• RiiH - LionheartRiiH - Lionheart Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I am lvl 56 going to be lvl 60 soon (I will make it soon! :D) What is a good armor and weapon for lvl 60? Also isn't it Ragefire that increases health? or is that a different gem? I am a Burst MM if that makes a difference

1. Depends on the individual, some would say Shard gears since a full complete set gives added stats per set equipped. Such as Set(2) gives added Mana, Set(3) gives Def. And some would say Instance/Dungeon gears are better. So, I'd recommend comparing both shard gears and instance/dungeon gears if you are getting too much feedback on which gear is best. As for weapon, you might want to check out both the Porudock and instance/dungeon version and get the one that is better. Shard weapon will definitely pale in comparison when compared to either Porudock or instance/dungeon version.

2.The gem that increases HP is called Bloodstone. Ragefire increases Attack.
    RiiH | Marksman | Ascension Guild

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

◊ Ascension is recruiting active Lv50+ players
    ◊ Ascension is all about need before greed and building ourselves up together!~

tinyurl.com/ascensionfw
  • asd29asd29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    1. Depends on the individual, some would say Shard gears since a full complete set gives added stats per set equipped. Such as Set(2) gives added Mana, Set(3) gives Def. And some would say Instance/Dungeon gears are better. So, I'd recommend comparing both shard gears and instance/dungeon gears if you are getting too much feedback on which gear is best. As for weapon, you might want to check out both the Porudock and instance/dungeon version and get the one that is better. Shard weapon will definitely pale in comparison when compared to either Porudock or instance/dungeon version.

2.The gem that increases HP is called Bloodstone. Ragefire increases Attack.

Shard gear is awful. While they have set bonuses - they refine terribly because the base stats are awful. Honestly Shard gear is a waste of time past 40. Whatever bonuses you get are easily attained from refining normal gear to +3 . If you're burst the 60's set from OAC is no use to you. As it gives only an earth attack bonus.

As you are on a pve server - Go with Warded/stout, Blazing/stout, Precise/Stout gear. Evasion eg (warded/Agile, precise/Agile, Blazing/Agile) is only worthwhile if you can stack enough of it. 250+ at 60, 300+ 70, 350 at 75+
    As a level 80MM my advice for anyone wanting to be a MM - fun class to play. But it's not a button mash class. Be prepared for some frustration
  • RiiH - LionheartRiiH - Lionheart Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    asd29 wrote: »
    Shard gear is awful. While they have set bonuses - they refine terribly because the base stats are awful. Honestly Shard gear is a waste of time past 40. Whatever bonuses you get are easily attained from refining normal gear to +3 . If you're burst the 60's set from OAC is no use to you. As it gives only an earth attack bonus.

As you are on a pve server - Go with Warded/stout, Blazing/stout, Precise/Stout gear. Evasion eg (warded/Agile, precise/Agile, Blazing/Agile) is only worthwhile if you can stack enough of it. 250+ at 60, 300+ 70, 350 at 75+

That's why I say "Depends on the individual". I'm not forcing everyone to use shard gears cos I like them -_-
    RiiH | Marksman | Ascension Guild

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

◊ Ascension is recruiting active Lv50+ players
    ◊ Ascension is all about need before greed and building ourselves up together!~

tinyurl.com/ascensionfw
  • Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Except Shard gear is bad.
    1. Base stats are horrible
    2. Bonus stats aren't great.... at all.
    3. I've seen greens that are better than some shard gear.
    4. The time you put into collecting the shards, and refining it, you could be spending on gear instances like OAC which many lvl 70's are still willing to do and you can get good gear.
    5. Depending on server mm gear is really really reasonable, and so if any class should be able to buy our gear, it's this one. My full 75+ set cost less than 15g. ofc, I don't have the actual set, but none the less, warded stout when I can and mighty blazing when I can and that's all but 1 item.
    6. Don't even bother with 60 gear unless you level up really slowly. I went through 60-65 in a matter of a week, 2 days on my bard alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • melniimelnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    That's why I say "Depends on the individual". I'm not forcing everyone to use shard gears cos I like them -_-

If you like items that give extra's when in a set you may want to try the blue sets. They have better stats and give better extra's most of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • Valmissy - NyosValmissy - Nyos Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
  • dr4koedr4koe Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If you're only pve, I'd go with Axym's suggestion.

If you're pvp, I'd focus more into precise equips... I personally think precise/stalwart are better than precise/stout, but both would be fine.
    OR if you pvp, and have decent rating --> get the blue pvp set. Even 2 or 3 pieces would give you a lot of health, as a base (when fortified) and for additional adds.

@ Valmissy - as soon as you have lev 1 gems it's worth embedding. If you're in a guild, you can remove them for 'free'.

When you start getting lev 2/3 gems, I'd almost wait until your fortification is 9/12. At that point, you'll always fortify xfer. But make sure they are gems you want to keep in - I'd recommend against embedding say an azure lv 2 - cause u def don't need that later...
  • Zeryz - LionheartZeryz - Lionheart Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    if eva build go prec/mighty/blazing agile
    if hp build go with prec/might/blazing stout
    Avoid wise, I play on lionheart and I see a ton of Mms with azureclouds embeded like they actually need them or something.
  • Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    if eva build go prec/mighty/blazing agile
    if hp build go with prec/might/blazing stout
    Avoid wise, I play on lionheart and I see a ton of Mms with azureclouds embeded like they actually need them or something.

TBH I think many classes overuse Azures (like actually have them) because they are cheap wings. Those that stack them are just really cheap and want the wings. I know gem prices have been greatly reduced but it wasn't too long ago on my server that Azure 3's were 75g and Blood/Rage 3's were 5d.

I know I have 1 azure 3 for that exact reason.... but now with gem forging that will be my first and last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa