What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are dark vampires OP?

powergalepowergale Posts: 74 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Class Discussion
Come people post!

Go aishleen tell them how OP they are!

Vote:Yes for OP'ness
Reason:charmed strike(Yes without that broken skill they will be easy as pie)
Post edited by powergale on

Comments

• Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    To be honest, while most classes aren't really OP in ALL situations because everything has weaknesses along with their strengths, I have to say dark vamps are a bit ridiculous and the most OP.

Why? That tree is just too good, it has pretty much everything in it. Even in that sin discussion, people were taking up talents from both edge and dark to prove a point - but there's no such sin as that. On dark vamps, nobody even talks about inferno or blood trees because dark is good enough and has everything.

Long Darkbond, Long Feast, Insane long spammable slowdown (Seed of Darkness) which also brings out SILENCE if talented, stun spam with Charmed Strike along with massive damage from it as it adds up, movement speed increase and immune to slows when getting vamp form along with improved stats, crazy accuracy debuff + evasion buffs, Bloodrite skill making you tankier than a warrior when active, Imp form as a form of escape from some nasty situation, and maybe I should stop now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nightwolf200nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'll say what I said in the 'are sins op?' some classes/trees may seem unbeatable to some other trees/classes but I feel that for a tree or class to be OP it has to be unbeatable against every other tree/class
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • powergalepowergale Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    To be honest, while most classes aren't really OP in ALL situations because everything has weaknesses along with their strengths, I have to say dark vamps are a bit ridiculous and the most OP.

Why? That tree is just too good, it has pretty much everything in it. Even in that sin discussion, people were taking up talents from both edge and dark to prove a point - but there's no such sin as that. On dark vamps, nobody even talks about inferno or blood trees because dark is good enough and has everything.

Long Darkbond, Long Feast, Insane long spammable slowdown (Seed of Darkness) which also brings out SILENCE if talented, stun spam with Charmed Strike along with massive damage from it as it adds up, movement speed increase and immune to slows when getting vamp form along with improved stats, crazy accuracy debuff + evasion buffs, Bloodrite skill making you tankier than a warrior when active, Imp form as a form of escape from some nasty situation, and maybe I should stop now...

Lets be honest..its very easy to kill dark vampires if they dont get vampire form..and the only skill that bugs me(being assassin) is the charmed strike.
    (it feels like it has more than 2 stuns)your screwed if you dont have pray in cooldown(human only).
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    powergale wrote: »
    Lets be honest..its very easy to kill dark vampires if they dont get vampire form..and the only skill that bugs me(being assassin) is the charmed strike.
    (it feels like it has more than 2 stuns)your screwed if you dont have pray in cooldown(human only).
    Yes you're correct, but you have to know a thing, sins are one of the BEST class against vamps, due to short cast times and CCs (the vamp weakness). Try playing anything else and go against a dark vamp and you'll see that it goes much worse.

So even when the natural enemy of dark vamps has problem beating them, you know they're kinda OP, especially when some of their skills are also good in mass PvP (feast, imp form, darkbond, they even got a few AOEs)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OddFinrir - LionheartOddFinrir - Lionheart Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    No vamp form = not OP. And that 20% chance of vamp form is a lie...it's more like 5% -_-
  • WerePetar - IllyfueWerePetar - Illyfue Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    5%? lol whay are they then all time in vamp form ?bigest problem is thet dark vamps can activate vamp form whit self healing during waiting for start of arena they should make only blood can activet vamp form whit self healing..and they are way beter then any other class while are they in normal form to btw
  • Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Can you stop asking :))..

If you wanna read what other think, there is plenty of old post about Opiness xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Emvee - LionheartEmvee - Lionheart Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i think the issue with Dark Vamps is the amount of tools that work so well together.
    Hightest Eva spec + large acc debuff.
    a range CC thats unbreakable aside from pray and badges
    Not only an AoE root but it also deals damage scaling off their HP then add in something like bloodrite and it deals even more. and much more.

This doesnt exactly make it an OP class imo, but more of the best overall designed spec/class in the game.
  • rayminhrayminh Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    4th stack charm strike OP is the reason
    edited March 2012
    Yes you're correct, but you have to know a thing, sins are one of the BEST class against vamps, due to short cast times and CCs (the vamp weakness). Try playing anything else and go against a dark vamp and you'll see that it goes much worse.

So even when the natural enemy of dark vamps has problem beating them, you know they're kinda OP, especially when some of their skills are also good in mass PvP (feast, imp form, darkbond, they even got a few AOEs)

Meh if you dont get your crit in stealth mode(80%) in both hits of gouge your screwed if you dont have pray to save your life OR they dont get vamp form..(not getting vamp form is like same chance sins dont get crit)
    No vamp form = not OP. And that 20% chance of vamp form is a lie...it's more like 5% -_-

In my vampy i am in perma vamp form..your just unlucky sir..
  • itsphiiitsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    They don't hit as hard as sins, because if a vampire stacks crit they sort of just die... they really need high hp, or high evasion to survive. I don't consider them "op" because I don't find them so strong.
  • Unbrokenable - LionheartUnbrokenable - Lionheart Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    itsphii wrote: »
    They don't hit as hard as sins, because if a vampire stacks crit they sort of just die... they really need high hp, or high evasion to survive. I don't consider them "op" because I don't find them so strong.

Crit and survivability attributes don't overlap, you can easily have both + crit and health attributes on a gear. And vamps are pretty much the highest DPS class in the game so I'd say they hit as hard as sins.
  • homosimpsonshomosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    powergale wrote: »

yes they are if they have the wrong build and play style. if u play it right with the right gears assembled, it can gets 'overpowered'. if the CN version nerfed sins, dark vampire will probably be truly OP, but sins are there to keep them in check. Other classes hardly stands a chance against eva dark vampires with cashshop bodies 1 v 1.

sigh got to admit those vice/virtue talent trees really nerfed dark vampires a lot due to the fact that we get worthless runes while other classes/trees gets relevant ones.

dark vamps will not be as dominating as before after this patch.
    edited April 2012
    yes they are if they have the wrong build and play style. if u play it right with the right gears assembled, it can gets 'overpowered'. if the CN version nerfed sins, dark vampire will probably be truly OP, but sins are there to keep them in check. Other classes hardly stands a chance against eva dark vampires with cashshop bodies 1 v 1.

sigh got to admit those vice/virtue talent trees really nerfed dark vampires a lot due to the fact that we get worthless runes while other classes/trees gets relevant ones.

dark vamps will not be as dominating as before after this patch.

Not true,your trying to take the spotlight off dark vampires..i heard you get shield or something from nyos tree now(not confirmed)
    edited April 2012
    dark vamps not so OP anymore with rune tree
    dark vamps down the OP list and fire mages go to top of OP list..sins maintain position 1 with firemages now..water bards and protectors second that..
    mm still at the very bottom..
  • Masks - NyosMasks - Nyos Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Who the **** cares which class is op now or not lol
  • Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Fascinating....

Do you have any numbers or statistics or any proof at all to back up your "findings" or are you just pulling things out of your behind and trying to feed it to us?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • Ghundam - EyrdaGhundam - Eyrda Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Go fight a well runed fire mage now. You will be quite surprised! Gale is correct, fire mages have jumped up the OP tree now with runes. MMs are still at the bottom though Soul mms are not so bad off now.
    edited April 2012
    Fascinating....

Do you have any numbers or statistics or any proof at all to back up your "findings" or are you just pulling things out of your behind and trying to feed it to us?

numbers or statistics?what?