test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mm and bard

Inaveri - IllyfueInaveri - Illyfue Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Class Discussion
So, I was thinking of making one of my alts go the expensive path of the evasion.

And my decision boiled down to my wind bard and burst, for now, mm.
But, because the mm being the first thing ppl in arena kill and the bard being more support unless I'm going water which I'm not ever.

So, I need some of your help, and I say some because a lot of ppl will comment on how should I reroll as a sin or vamp if I want to go eva and even though I'm not interested in that, sure, post that too, raise your post count.

basically I'm asking if it's a viable way of "doing arena"? Can you actually survive longer and be of any use in pvp as an mm and a bard?
Post edited by Inaveri - Illyfue on

Comments

• IMBALANZE - LionheartIMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    survive longer? go a bard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • Inaveri - IllyfueInaveri - Illyfue Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    what I meant was, am I able to "do" arena with an eva wind bard or eva mm?

don't know how bards are yet in arena but my thoughts are that they are killed very fast just like the mm, although I might be wrong.

I got them both at lvl 55 so I was wondering which one to pick and go full eva with it and have any success in arena.

I don't expect 100% misses and all matches won, but if my party and I would come across against an equally gear and skilled party I would like for it to be more of a real match

just to get your thoughts and opinions
  • Kinaril - IllyfueKinaril - Illyfue Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    about wind bard, there is NO talent related to eva or acc debuff.

Water tree got eva talent, and acc debuff at higher lvl.
    Light tree got acc debuff earlier, eva talent at higher lvl.

So, if you wanna to go as eva bard, either water or light.
  • homosimpsonshomosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    if you plan on doing eva for arena now, i would say its too late unless you get full 15 evasion on each gear. New patch coming out, eva builds getting nerfed further with new acc talent for certain dps classes. Also, after patch i would foresee people playing more mm.

if u go half assed eva you probably gonna be fed to people with eagle IVs and champion set gears. Don't forget this, the foundation of eva is still having decent to high resistance.

If you have the gold for resistance i would say don't waste your time on eva because it is gonna take you a very long time before you can get a decent one unless you spend 10 over thousands in a month on this game. And even then, you might not get what you want. Re-iding eva is a long term process if you don't plan on wasting any money.
    edited March 2012
    the thing is, I've got 4 lvl3 mists in my main (unbound), and was planing to go with eva warr, but that blew up in my face.

and I know re-id can take a while, but it's not like I got purple lvl 55 gear.

can you name or link the source for this new eva nerfing acc talent thing?first time I've heard of it.

and I think I'm going towards mm, dunno why though
  • homosimpsonshomosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    the thing is, I've got 4 lvl3 mists in my main (unbound), and was planing to go with eva warr, but that blew up in my face.

and I know re-id can take a while, but it's not like I got purple lvl 55 gear.

can you name or link the source for this new eva nerfing acc talent thing?first time I've heard of it.

and I think I'm going towards mm, dunno why though

you can check out those translated threads or if you know how to read chinese you can do a search on the chinese server.

oh i forgot to ask what level is your toon? the post above i was referring to end game pvp, as in 7x-8x pvps.

For lower lvls pvp you can try, i have never tried getting eva builds on a low level before at the current game state. Back in the good old days, 200 eva is strictly enough to handle arena when people detest putting eagle eyes in their gears. Nowadays, more and more alts are showing up though.
    edited March 2012
    you can check out those translated threads or if you know how to read chinese you can do a search on the chinese server.

oh i forgot to ask what level is your toon? the post above i was referring to end game pvp, as in 7x-8x pvps.

For lower lvls pvp you can try, i have never tried getting eva builds on a low level before at the current game state. Back in the good old days, 200 eva is strictly enough to handle arena when people detest putting eagle eyes in their gears. Nowadays, more and more alts are showing up though.

yeah, they are both 55 atm

and that's the problem, you have to have 300-350+ eva from the start, not just when you get to your 70s

but that's not a problem for me,I don't mind putting some money in the game if I need it, but so far my money making skills have proven enough for everything I need
  • sacrifarraveltsacrifarravelt Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    they nerf it in a indirect way , the ratio is not nerf.
    etc champion set 3 set + 40 accuracy, more and more set + accuracy, and ezier to get double accuracy
  • Jigglypuff - EyrdaJigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    wind bards can go eva but only after 70ish, actually wind bard pvp isnt good at all before 65ish. Wind bard can go eva from 70because they can get fantasy up pre battle and once its up, it shouldnt go down.
  • kye8kye8 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    if you plan on doing eva for arena now, i would say its too late unless you get full 15 evasion on each gear. New patch coming out, eva builds getting nerfed further with new acc talent for certain dps classes. Also, after patch i would foresee people playing more mm.

:eek:

They "nerve" EVA? Did that crazy mage pay someone off in China? :D:p