my experience several times in arena mm = sucks
cant even use weakening cloud!!!
plss share your experience in arena
ima precision build
Post edited by jesgojes on

Comments

• PugnusDei - Storm LegionPugnusDei - Storm Legion Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    MM in arena equals target. MM versus anything except priest/bard, MM destroyed in first 10 seconds.

However. While this is true, IF MM goes in with 2 Assassin's, winning combo or if MM goes in with 2 Warriors, or Warrior/Sin combo. Now for 6 on 6, better chance because more confusion.

Basically, go in, and run like heck -- except if you see a priest/bard hammer it as fast as possible. Then die.
  • Patty_ - EyrdaPatty_ - Eyrda Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I believe the weakening cloud problem is just graphic issue.
    edited May 2011
    Here is part of the problem.
    Humans can be: Warriors, Assassins, Mages, Priests
    Elves can be: Warriors, Priests, Bards
    Kindred can be: Assassins, Mages, Vampires

But if they are smart enough to select "Fashion" and appear in their underwear, it is very very hard to determine exactly what you are facing quickly. So is that a Priest -- or a Warrior? But -- Stonemen and Dwarves -- you know what they are immediately.

Dwarf = Marksman. So it is easy to play "hunt the squishy" when you see a MM. No need to think, no need to try and determine what you are facing. Kill the dwarf first -- easy kill in 3x3.

And it is not like MM can't kill anything. It is that you will be doubled teamed often. They kill you first because they know they can. So you may get a kill -- but you will almost always die. (Not always of course -- you may be playing noobs -- but if they are not a noob team you WILL die.)

The trick then is to see how to tactically turn this to our advantage. If they are targeting us, then they are not targeting our team mates. If, hypothetically, we KNOW they are going to go after us -- how can we take advantage of that?

I am going to try some 6x6 to see if that changes the calculation.
  • crystalhopecrystalhope Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    yea mm is really weak and yet instead of buffing us they nerf us -.-
  • Baby - Storm LegionBaby - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    No class "sucks" in arena if your team works together properly. I've really only done 6v6 and so long as you know when to kite and to save your Invigorate til youre slept/stunned it really isn't THAT bad as a MM. Sure, youre a prime target but use that to your party's advantage and make yourself a hard target to bring down. Even if you are brought down you're giving your teammates valuable time to take others down. Arena isn't about YOU its about the whole team.

Also, weakening cloud does work, trust me. I'm soul spec and I use wc to my full advantage. Hitting 60 and having soul resolution doesnt hurt, either.
    Baby
    Soul Marksman
    Storm Server
    Leader of Legit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wish - Storm LegionWish - Storm Legion Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i don't need arena experience to say "false"

You have lousy teammates who don't protect you :/ i can say even in wars i had people who target anyone on me.
    edited May 2011
    No class "sucks" in arena if your team works together properly. I've really only done 6v6 and so long as you know when to kite and to save your Invigorate til youre slept/stunned it really isn't THAT bad as a MM. Sure, youre a prime target but use that to your party's advantage and make yourself a hard target to bring down. Even if you are brought down you're giving your teammates valuable time to take others down. Arena isn't about YOU its about the whole team.

Also, weakening cloud does work, trust me. I'm soul spec and I use wc to my full advantage. Hitting 60 and having soul resolution doesnt hurt, either.

You are confirming what I was saying about the team part. I was mainly addressing 3x3 though. I haven't been able to do 6x6 because it appears that people don't want to do 6x6 "pick up" teams (rather than party teams). In 6x6 I think there are enough chars, and pets, that the MM is not immediately targeted and so can therefore bring skills into play.

You should try personal queue (so random team) for 3x3 and see how it works out -- I would like to see your perspective since you are a very high level MM.
  • TheSprite - LionheartTheSprite - Lionheart Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I run 2x MM and healer or 2x MM and tank in 3v3s and we win quite frequently. I even have vamps crying about MM's in 6v6 pvp. I honestly think marksmen are quite good in Arena at higher levels. We are priority targets though, so you need to build a team with multiple priority targets. If you don't, you will just get disabled and killed and make no difference. Arena is 50% team composition 50% gameplay. (of course gear factors in as well). From what I have seen, all 3 trees of MM's do fairly well in Arena. Last night, we have a 3 MM 6v6 team, me as the burst, KageSenko as the Precision, and BigFoot as the Soul. All 3 of us had at least a double kill in every battle. One of us would always die first (as we get focused) but the other 2 would get 4+ kills. That being said, if you are the only MM in arena, you will die. You are a squishy high dps target. You will be the first person the warrior will go after. You are the first person the sin will go after. You are THE primary target. That being said, choose a team that will allow you to win even if you are targeted first.

Edit: that is the case unless your healer doesn't bubble themselves. Then they are the primary target.
  • Bigfoot - IllyfueBigfoot - Illyfue Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    hmm i thought names cant be duped cross server, i c thats not the case...

btw my ign is as used in above post, not how shown on avatar
    edited May 2011
    His screenname is XxBigFootxX or something like that with the X's. I didn't bother putting them in as I didn't know exactly how it was. People on Lionheart generally know who he is.
  • Veloria - Storm LegionVeloria - Storm Legion Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    NGranted, I only read 2-3 posts here but since ima just post my experience I feel it wont matter...

And im a burst not precision btw...

I only played around with 6v6. I had a preformed group and we formed strategies going in beforehand and heres what happened.
    We won... Every time. With 2 deaths in about 12 rounds, each round lasting about 30 seconds. And I had about 90% of the kills. Im not bragging as I feel that in all honesty ot was our strategy that kept us winning but it was almost laughable doing the same set thing each round 1 then a certain set strategy for 2 over and over. Marksman, at least good bursts and prolly well equipped and gemmed out souls should have no problems. Precisions are squishy and are targetted first because everyone thinks thwy are a burst I think. If you go in preparing to be the first one taken out and prepare for that beforehand you should be alive and responsible for most of the kills at the end.

Look at it this way, if you hop in an pop quick reload and spam rof with crack on, even if you die your burns will prolly take them out afterwards. Learn from each match change your party and strategy and go again. I guarentee no matter what build you are if you figure out how to use our s kills properly with the right mix of classes supporting you hint hint you can win almost all the time. People expect mm to be squishy but thats fine, use that to your advantage.

Honestly its a competition and I dont feel like going into my strategy atm but lets jus say I treated it like a guild war.
    We GOT <Sebestimated> title~

~Paradise~

Watch out Pedobear...
    Loli Flamethrower FTW~
  • Cutitarul - IllyfueCutitarul - Illyfue Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Same Arena subject is debated in assassin discussion.
    While in individual duels and in 3 vs 3 Arena, I loose only on rare ocassion ( and yes, in 3 vs 3 I attack mm first :) ) we also have big problems in 6vs 6 Arena esspecialy if the opposite team has a good strategy.
    Problem is both our classes have low def and in a long fight we stand less chances to survive compared to other classes, thar have high def or skills that gives them shielding from dmg or hp regen.
    Cutitarul - venom assassin - Engage Guild
    LVL 63 now, GM fix my avatar
  • asldfkjasldfkj Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    try to be priest in 6v6 :D maybe you get off 1-2 heals before you die
  • deduaxdeduax Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZpmdugnwcI

music sucks cuz i was forced to change it inside youtube,
    but mm still rocks ;P

_______
    Coenna
  • Jigglypuff - EyrdaJigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    you pick up a group in arena, thats youre problem not that you are a mm. Hell i know an mm in another 6v6 guild party who is just beast and my mm is a beast too.
    So mm dont suck, and yes they get focused down sometimes, i get too as a bard. Some fight im the first to go down others i stay alive entire time. This is the same with MM but as stated before survive it as long as you can.
  • asldfkjasldfkj Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    deduax wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZpmdugnwcI

music sucks cuz i was forced to change it inside youtube,
    but mm still rocks ;P

_______
    Coenna

nice video, really like it despite of being real sloppy and slow gameplay (maybe its my fault seeing it wrong).

But what about 3v3, burst ther real good aswell when they spread out?
    edited June 2011
    I would definitely say that soul(lvl 55+) is the best MM build for 3v3 arena. There are very few instances where I feel that burst is better in 3v3. I still maintain that right now, in 6v6 burst MM's are better as you will hit more targets.
  • KageSenko - LionheartKageSenko - Lionheart Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    NGranted, I only read 2-3 posts here but since ima just post my experience I feel it wont matter...

And im a burst not precision btw...

I only played around with 6v6. I had a preformed group and we formed strategies going in beforehand and heres what happened.
    We won... Every time. With 2 deaths in about 12 rounds, each round lasting about 30 seconds. And I had about 90% of the kills. Im not bragging as I feel that in all honesty ot was our strategy that kept us winning but it was almost laughable doing the same set thing each round 1 then a certain set strategy for 2 over and over. Marksman, at least good bursts and prolly well equipped and gemmed out souls should have no problems. Precisions are squishy and are targetted first because everyone thinks thwy are a burst I think. If you go in preparing to be the first one taken out and prepare for that beforehand you should be alive and responsible for most of the kills at the end.

Look at it this way, if you hop in an pop quick reload and spam rof with crack on, even if you die your burns will prolly take them out afterwards. Learn from each match change your party and strategy and go again. I guarentee no matter what build you are if you figure out how to use our s kills properly with the right mix of classes supporting you hint hint you can win almost all the time. People expect mm to be squishy but thats fine, use that to your advantage.

Honestly its a competition and I dont feel like going into my strategy atm but lets jus say I treated it like a guild war.

In my experience as a Precision MM, I am more of a focus point DPS, give me a target, he is down in 2 hits, We are the Sniper class in Arena. I dont think we would be mistaken for a burst, and i wouldn't give all credit to burst in Arena, Burst is good for multiple targets, but single target is either soul or precision inside arena. Soul is best for Arena for the simple fact that they have less cool downs and more stuns. I enjoy being in the arena, even if im a Precision MM, I do very well in there.
    KageSenko - Lv90 Eva Burst MM
    Proud Guild Leader of Avatar Guild on Lionheart.