I ask if Jewelcrafter has made Artisan obsolete because:
(1) The necklaces are just as good as, if not better than, the offhands
(2) Artisans have to slave for weeks mining and buying ore just to make a single level -- yet Jewelcrafters on day 1 can make necklaces better than offhands that Artisans had to work for weeks just to level up to make
(3) Offhands require class specific recipes, each of which costs coin. The necklaces and rings are not class specific
(4) The offhands require rare and expensive soul gems/crystals which are very very hard to get -- necklaces and rings require cheap gems that can be bought in the cash store; or the auction house, or even acquired for "free" from GL instance.
(5) As Artisans level up, they can't even acquire the lower level soul gems and crystals as drops any more, thus they cannot acquire the material themselves to make the lower level offhands. Jewelcrafters do not have this problem.
At this point, why would anyone continue to build an Artisan? Has the Jewelcrafter just totally made Artisan obsolete?