test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

to all experienced priests (help)

Fufinha - Storm LegionFufinha - Storm Legion Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Priest Discussion
i have a high levelled priest who has always been divine and i really haven't pvped much.
My guess is that they are not very good. The only thing i like is the shield. Now i never tried other trees and talent compasses are quite expensive. If i want to pvp, should i stay divine or not? In my opinion, if i can't overheal other people's damage then there is no point in staying it but i do like the shield.
People say glacial is good in mass pvp but they also seem to be very squishy, they also only have one stun which has a low chance to work.
What about rebel? Can a rebel priest tell me if they are any good? They seem interesting with their mana drain and stuns, i'd really like to know more about this tree.
Overall, what i want to know is if it is worth staying divine if i want to pvp or if i should switch and if i do switch which tree should i be? If anyone has patience, please tell me the advantages and disadvantages of the 3 trees.
Thank you very much in advance!
Fufinha<3
Post edited by Fufinha - Storm Legion on

Comments

• Wish - Storm LegionWish - Storm Legion Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    divine priest can pvp but to pvp as divine you're main goal is to stall with kiting and heals while picking up orbs. Shield provides time where you can DD harder on classes that can't heal the damage off or to start red hand DDing.

Blood vamps are you're worst enemy ._. As they have an easier time building wrath. Sins are a bit hard as they can silence and stun lock.. Marksman can spawn and gather orbs significant faster while putting you in a dire need to heal especially when his stun goes off and is impossible to kite. Ele warriars DD hard and they can kill you with within a two move stun lock..

Basically a divine priest's weakness is being prevented from healing for too long. But i'm not a pro dueling divine priest.. Most dueling priests are rebel or glacial... But i was divine at one point. Equally geared nothing can kill you until they get 2-3 orbs as a DD class and 4-5 as anyone else. Melee classes get wrath easier than ranged which makes it hard against sins and warriars...

When it comes to mass pvp, divine priest makes a difference in a team dying or not you are the pillar of support.
  • Fufinha - Storm LegionFufinha - Storm Legion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    thank u for your reply, do you have any information regarding rebel and glacial priests?
  • Wish - Storm LegionWish - Storm Legion Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i've found glacial and rebel to have more success in winning duels over divine but again.. Most fighting priests don't like being divine.. But a big help is how rebel and glacial have a +50 acc talents to help against evasion =_=

Glacial is a heavy hitter... They want a high crit rate to amplify their hugh damage as it is. The weakness to glacial is slow casting. Getting stunned out of your attack ends up with you needing to heal and well.. To heal as glacial you NEED water mastery so you can heal enough.. Glacial gets a 13 second speed buff so you can kite to give yourself breathing room to heal back up or to DD again.. Depending on your race also determines how you fight... Elf can Stun while human snares... Snare helps against melee and prevents others from gathering orbs... But stun will stop the other person in thier tracks... The easiest way to beat a glacial priest is to stall the prayer buff by either running away or to prevent him from using any skills (silence, stun, transform, etc)

Rebel is a bit weak until higher levels.. And even at 60.. A bit tougher to use as your stun is still a low rate... But you have invincibility for 12 seconds (light of santuary talent) and MP drain constantly to the point people will be forced to use mp pots to win against you. You also get your light mastery heal talent much later in the 60s unlike glacial at 55-58.. Rebel has good dps but i like glacial's spike dps with the prayer buff..

Glacial also becomes a threat in mass pvp with that aoe.

• FreakyPriest - NyosFreakyPriest - Nyos Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well, it also depends on what kind of PvP. Divine are indeed a pain to get down at higher levels thanks to their shield and increased healing. From what I've experienced in the 6vs6 arena so far is that 90% of the time the priest will be jumped by 2/3 people so the only thing a priest can do is try and survive 5 seconds longer, in which case divine is the best choice.
    edited May 2011
    actually i don't think that is correct. People usually don't jump on priests unless they have gathered orbs already. Usually they will just transform us until they get orbs and then they kill us. I think that the main targets are usually the DPS because the longer they stand, the more they can kill, wouldn't u agree?
    edited May 2011
    actually i don't think that is correct. People usually don't jump on priests unless they have gathered orbs already. Usually they will just transform us until they get orbs and then they kill us. I think that the main targets are usually the DPS because the longer they stand, the more they can kill, wouldn't u agree?

In the first place, I can't be wrong. I'm stating what I've experienced MYSELF when I enter the 6vs6 arena. So maybe you got different experiences, but experiences can't be wrong.

Also you ask for our help, I spend my time to help you by sharing my personal experiences and you then go on to tell me I'm wrong, which I think is rather rude.
    edited May 2011
    >.< i didn't mean it like that, sorry if i offended you. I was just stating my opinion and some of my friend's experiences. I just think that it's rather pointless to try to get the priest first without any orbs cus of their shield. Usually when people try that, they fail.
    But yes, there is the general idea of targetting the priest first.
  • florinpiersicflorinpiersic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    In the first place, I can't be wrong. I'm stating what I've experienced MYSELF when I enter the 6vs6 arena. So maybe you got different experiences, but experiences can't be wrong.

Also you ask for our help, I spend my time to help you by sharing my personal experiences
    and you then go on to tell me I'm wrong, which I think is rather rude.

Actually, when you give an advice you CAN be wrong, as your experience, while valid and true, doesn't mean it is the norm or the most likely to happen or the only that could happen. So yes, in the context of giving an advice you may or may not be wrong. Also, the guy actually asked if you consider what he said is correct he didn't say "YOU ARE WRONG". But you immediatly turned into a drama-queen and climbed on your high horse getting ultra-sensitive. TL;DR: get.laid.more.

Ontopic: Wish is basically spot-on. You'll have a much easier time (and more fun) pvping as glacial or rebel than as divine. Fighting as divine will give you slow, tedious fights, frustrated opponents and wasted time. I don't see that as being fun. But hey, some get their kicks in this kind of stuff :D
    edited June 2011
    Actually, when you give an advice you CAN be wrong, as your experience, while valid and true, doesn't mean it is the norm or the most likely to happen or the only that could happen. So yes, in the context of giving an advice you may or may not be wrong. Also, the guy actually asked if you consider what he said is correct he didn't say "YOU ARE WRONG". But you immediatly turned into a drama-queen and climbed on your high horse getting ultra-sensitive. TL;DR: get.laid.more.

Ontopic: Wish is basically spot-on. You'll have a much easier time (and more fun) pvping as glacial or rebel than as divine. Fighting as divine will give you slow, tedious fights, frustrated opponents and wasted time. I don't see that as being fun. But hey, some get their kicks in this kind of stuff :D

Awww how cute, you made your first post to lecture me. I feel honored.