test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Priest arent meant to battle

GHealz - EyrdaGHealz - Eyrda Posts: 23 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Class Discussion
Ok i have been seeing a trend in priest gears, with crappy adds such as +4% heal crit chance, +4% super healing, but wat about the battle priest like those who are rebel or glacial, why cant we have proper stats on our gears? or varied sets for varied Tree's which should b implemented for all classes, but why the constant favouritism to sins and vamps, ESPECIALLY sins who can stun sleep seal, but wat can a priest do stun with a VERY low success chance and ensnare for 2 seconds, but maybe PWE is telling us* u healers arent meant too fight we jus gave u 2 other tress so u have something to look at* its becoming really annoying, i am a priest( divine) but i do pk and it becomes annoying when all ur blue set gear( not shards) have crappy stats and group effect.
Post edited by GHealz - Eyrda on

Comments

• Tsukiyo - Storm LegionTsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Craft gear, get +crit rate or water/light attack crafting bonuses on all your gear pieces. Thats all ya need for your battle priest. HP adds are a bonus, but rely on refine for HP (+9 boots hello)

I have a glacial priest as an alt.. she got 23% crit rate fully buffed xD but no water mastery cause I ain't mastery training two chars.

hit hard.. and crit often but... too squishy xD and can't heal back damage without good water mastery
  • namestakenffsnamestakenffs Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Craft gear, get +crit rate or water/light attack crafting bonuses on all your gear pieces. Thats all ya need for your battle priest. HP adds are a bonus, but rely on refine for HP (+9 boots hello)

I have a glacial priest as an alt.. she got 23% crit rate fully buffed xD but no water mastery cause I ain't mastery training two chars.

hit hard.. and crit often but... too squishy xD and can't heal back damage without good water mastery

GobY has like 17k hp Glacial priest.
  • Tsukiyo - Storm LegionTsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The last line i said was purely refering to my alt. I don't invest gems into her.
  • Dragonsbreath - IllyfueDragonsbreath - Illyfue Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Honest if game is supposed to be focused around group play why not?

Why not have a Healer class be that.

It forced people to group, which is in itself nice, mmo shouldnt be soloable not even for quest leveling (at resonable speeds, there should be payoff for solo exp rates).
    MMO's are ment to bring people together, working together to accomplish something.

Also the harder something is to pull off the better the feeling of accomplishment when you do.
    I kinda disliked WoW that you could just fly though everything with ease.

You should have seen how <white mages> where in FFXI ^-^.
    But at the same time, the <Bard> dps sucked too, and the <Warrior> couldnt kill anything on his own (without help from a <white mage> or so class, to heal him).

And you know what? that was the best team play mmo, Ive ever played.

maybe PWE is telling us* u healers arent meant too fight we jus gave u 2 other tress so u have something to look at*

Its probably just there so you can solo quest :P

I dont think the developers want healers to be anywhere near the top dps in the game.
    Because it would break the ballance, and the need for dps, would drop, and the game would only be populated by priests then.

"balance" = because you can heal crazy well, you wont ever be able to dps like a dps class.

You could always play another class, if you want to play a dps.
  • GHealz - EyrdaGHealz - Eyrda Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Balance? the classes in this game is FAR from balanced, one call can seal stun and sleep also can rush u from far away, one can burn, seal stun and heal, and u say fair?nothing in this game is fair, melee classes which can rush atk and stun u making having range non important
    fought many warriors, they stun u run around collect orbs and then rush and stun u from a far, and u say its fair cuz we can heal? wat would u say about vamps and sins? are those FAIR in ANY way?
  • Wish - Storm LegionWish - Storm Legion Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Glacial priest is deadlier in mass pvp than a vamp, that's the balance..

Also glacial priest does have light of santuary to remove and make self immune to controlling effects..

• Rhap - EyrdaRhap - Eyrda Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    if priest had good stun.... that would be... extremely... annoying >.> i kno some preist are hard to beat by myself with them just healin and attackin every now and then, add a good stun on to that and thats on the verge of being op!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig thanks to OnlyDolly!
  • LasT_Tearz - EyrdaLasT_Tearz - Eyrda Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If anything, I say Fire Mages are the most underpowered class in this game =]

No silence/stun/sleep. We dont even get a new shield at lv60+ like the rest of the class.
    We got our stupid Sinister Protection (mana shield) which is complete fail, drains twice the damage recieve, they really need to change that mana shield, OR give us a new shield. Im talking a shield that actually acts like a shield. Such as a Preist's Shield or Warriors Blade shield w.e its called. Even MM's shield is fkn OP...

Oh btw, ive had a lv 42 Preist **** the fk outa me when I was lv 55 >.<"
    But aye I love mages, and if this is what PWE says is balanced then its balanced =]
  • Risette - EyrdaRisette - Eyrda Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If anything, I say Fire Mages are the most underpowered class in this game =]

No silence/stun/sleep. We dont even get a new shield at lv60+ like the rest of the class.
    We got our stupid Sinister Protection (mana shield) which is complete fail, drains twice the damage recieve, they really need to change that mana shield, OR give us a new shield. Im talking a shield that actually acts like a shield. Such as a Preist's Shield or Warriors Blade shield w.e its called. Even MM's shield is fkn OP...

Oh btw, ive had a lv 42 Preist **** the fk outa me when I was lv 55 >.<"
    But aye I love mages, and if this is what PWE says is balanced then its balanced =]

+100
    I totally agree with this.
    Fire mages... pfft. they are terrible in pvp, yeah sure they get +3% crit shield, 30 physical and fire resistance. but its utterly terrible compared to other classes lv55 sheild/skill/ect.
  • TrueNoir - EyrdaTrueNoir - Eyrda Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I can only agree.
    So many of our skills have drawbacks.

Sinister Protection sucks too much mana and we cannot activate it when we have low mp.
    Our transform HEALS the opponent 10% of his max health per second.
    Wind Drive's cooldown is too long.
    Ice Barrier = Rocky Protection, but Protectors can still move and attack.
    Ice Arrow works only every 10 seconds, while we get perma stunned/silenced.
    And even if you freeze someone successfully, Priest/Bard/Mage/MM/Vamp can still attack you and Warriors/Assassins just jump to you. Freeze even INCREASES their defense.....

The last patch ruined Reflex Mirror talent and our Lv65 skill Magic Purge doesn't purge any of the GOOD buffs.
    Fire has no stun/silence or good kiting skills and lowest survivability of the 3 trees.
    And even though fire mages die the fastest, they gave the high spike damage to Lightning and Ice. Fire got only DoT which is **** in mass PvP IF there is a healer.
    We seem to be the only class with drawbacks....
    Edit: Even Magic Meditation sucks our mana.

Priests are not allowed to complain ._.'
  • philomelphilomel Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If you think Glacial priests aren't borderline overpowered, then you've CLEARLY never seen a decently geared high level one. They do extremely stupid damage, extremely fast - nothing can smash you down faster than a glacial priest, geared properly, who knows what he's doing. Not a vampire, not an assassin, not a warrior, no; glacials are hands down the kings of spike damage. No, they don't have very high sustained damage, they're not supposed to. But, with Prayer of Frost, they're basically able to redhand themselves at will. GG.