test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

May calendar creation contest thread

Comments

• Krisx - LionheartKrisx - Lionheart Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Your submission won't be show up immediatly. That website was *manually* updated by admin.

As long as you get the message "thank you for submission, blah blah blah 48 hours to show up", then your entry is successfully submitted. And the admin not really put all entry on the website, just a few among all
    edited April 2011
    Good to see, I'm not the only one, who is a Henry fan :)
    I hate Henry! Because he ask me buy armour recipe cost over 70s and only pay me back like less than 50s alot of times today.

Btw, still got 7 days for this competition to go, good luck guys.
  • Lucifer - IllyfueLucifer - Illyfue Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I already submited my art in the contest area but until now its no there -.-
    http://img90.imageshack.us/i/forsaken.jpg/
  • Synkron - EyrdaSynkron - Eyrda Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    calendartheo.jpg

My calendar, hope you guys like it ! Simple, yet elegant.

Full-Size Link : http://img33.imageshack.us/i/calendartheo.jpg/
  • Kaelestis - EyrdaKaelestis - Eyrda Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Your submission won't be show up immediatly. That website was *manually* updated by admin.

As long as you get the message "thank you for submission, blah blah blah 48 hours to show up", then your entry is successfully submitted. And the admin not really put all entry on the website, just a few among all

I realize that it is manually updated, but something about the 48 hours is ticking me off. It's been 5 days since I've submitted...naturally that's more than 48 hours. If they're goingn to have a contest and somehow not show all the submissions, I have a problem with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature made by Kaelestis.
  • Leviticus - LionheartLeviticus - Lionheart Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If they're goingn to have a contest and somehow not show all the submissions, I have a problem with that.

That is what crabclaw said.
    crabclaw wrote:
    A bunch of new ones are up now

And yeah, not every one submitted will appear on the page. Also, it is a manual process, so there will probably be some time between you submitting an image and it getting checked out.
  • majixe15majixe15 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I uploaded my entry about a week ago (well over 48 hours) and it has yet to show up on the page, although other new ones keep being added :/ it seems a little ridiculous to have a contest and not show every one submitted now, doesn't it? (somewhat defeats the purpose..)

ForsakenWorldCalender2-1.jpg
    edited April 2011
    The problem is, if they show every single entry, they will have these problem:

- staff working overtime (don't forgot they said they MANUALLY update those things)
    - website pagination go boom (too many pages, and I'm sure no one want to click through 100+ pages)
    - and now they even mix the fashion contest entries together.........................

So, just stop worrying about the submission :(
    As a web developer myself, I know it's so tiring to do things manually when the system is not built to handle large amount of data automatically :(
  • Nanali - Storm LegionNanali - Storm Legion Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Phew, just in time ^_^. Here's a small preview of my entry

forsaken_world_may_small.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshellychaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Phew, just in time ^_^. Here's a small preview of my entry

forsaken_world_may_small.jpg

:eek:

Beautiful!
  • Nanali - Storm LegionNanali - Storm Legion Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    :eek:

Beautiful!

Thankya thankya :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NixilisthS - IllyfueNixilisthS - Illyfue Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    fw1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    fw2.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    fw3.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    fw4.jpg
    I hope i had some more time anyway i wish luck to everyone:D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • driiodriio Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    NixilisthS gratz for the images they look awesome and i think you are the only one who remembered do add something about spring time i mean on the second image...gl
  • XZodiaCx - IllyfueXZodiaCx - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    fw4.jpg
    I hope i had some more time anyway i wish luck to everyone:D:D

Gz and gl for the contest.All of your images are great but this ones is holy motha f**** :D already saved in my pc and it's on desktop....gl on everyone
  • jinn090jinn090 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    but the contest is finish right?:confused:
  • enunaenuna Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Definitely wish I had more time; took at least 40+ hours. @[email protected]

Anyways, this is a smaller version of mine:

maysmall.jpg
  • hopebreakerzhopebreakerz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Doing this a bit last minute, so posting it here too to make sure it gets seen.

Hope you guys like it! :)

fwelfmaycalendar.jpg

http://img863.imageshack.us/i/fwelf

Used a mix of the contest banner that FW used to promote the event and a background of Freedom Harbor since that's just where we are... 80% of our time.
  • jinn090jinn090 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    StonemanMay2011.jpg

Elf-1.jpg

heres mine.. I wonder if the last entry is accepted :confused:
  • michellepoonaxmichellepoonax Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Went for a simple and clear calendar design that I thought would work well as a background for people. Hope Crabclaw likes it :)

2a5hfn4.jpg
  • Arwyna - Storm LegionArwyna - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    This one I submitted last night... but after seeing such beautiful entries from others.. my confidence is waning D:

http://i52.tinypic.com/72erf7.png
  • bunnypiratesbunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Zzz my second entry doesn't show up even I submitted it like... Almost two weeks ago e_e
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • XKitty - NyosXKitty - Nyos Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Zzz my second entry doesn't show up even I submitted it like... Almost two weeks ago e_e
    As said a couple of times; Not all entries will be shown on the page, but that doesn't mean that they won't look at it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bunnypiratesbunnypirates Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    >_______> They better see the entries that aren't shown on the page, people have spent hours on making those calendar pages and I'm sure many great designs would be left out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*CB1 player, herp-a-derp.*
    forsakenworldart.deviantart.comJOIN
    Retired; playing a game called life. O:
  • Luciferia - IllyfueLuciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited May 2011

None of my entries show up, and I submitted them the first of them the 1st day of the contest...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • renegadexzrenegadexz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    At the very least, I feel like the devs will look at this thread, so if you've posted here, you should be safe

"should"
  • crabclawcrabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    All entries submitted through the fan content tool are viewed, but as has been said before, not all make it onto the page. Just because yours isn't showing up (yet?) doesn't mean it's not being looked at as an entry!

Anyways, the deadline for submissions is over now. Same as the fashion contest, I'm hoping to be able to announce the three winners by the end of this coming Friday.
    edited May 2011
    Crabclaw because the images didn't show up on the fun content i posted them all here cause i thought it counts too....you'll count my pics in this thread?:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.