test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who do you heal first?

Alyssian - IllyfueAlyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Priest Discussion
You faced an AoE almost wipe out. There are 1 Prot, 2 mages, 1 sin and 1 warrior.

the prot has been healed, but the rest are one hit away from dying. You know your heals will bring them back safely, but you only have one spell not on cooldown.

Who do you pick?
Post edited by Alyssian - Illyfue on

Comments

• Reichle - EyrdaReichle - Eyrda Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The warrior. DD and tank. That was a no-brainer. The squishies should know to run or pot while you get your heals back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Inferno <3
  • Erianthe - LionheartErianthe - Lionheart Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    warrior; sin; mages
    edited April 2011
    warrior; sin; mages

Yes, exactly. In that order. HA-->LA-->AA :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Inferno <3
  • Tsukiyo - Storm LegionTsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This is assuming everyone is playing to my liking:

I heal the squishiest first cause they are most liable to die. The less squishy know to pot cause they can take more hits before needing a heal.

Yourself is the biggest priority, then the tank. Then i save the support healer... after that save squishiest or sins/warriors if there is a close range AoE

if there is someone i don't like how they are playing (playing stupid) then i heal them last if at all.

• Craymoss - LionheartCraymoss - Lionheart Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I heal the squishiest first cause they are most liable to die. The less squishy know to pot cause they can take more hits before needing a heal.

Yourself is the biggest priority, then the tank. After that save squishiest or sins/warriors if there is a close range AoE

if there is someone i don't like how they are playing (playing stupid) then i heal them last if at all.
    I like this.. Thats how I play too:D
    Or if their begging me for heals.. Usually its people lower lvl than me that beg. It then results in me usually makeing them wait till their freaked out & about to die then heal em. That & because I can usually fully heal them with one shot...

Pretty much how its done..
  • Hope - Storm LegionHope - Storm Legion Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Yourself is the biggest priority, then the tank. Then i save the support healer... after that save squishiest or sins/warriors if there is a close range AoE

About the same thing I do :3
  • Erianthe - LionheartErianthe - Lionheart Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yourself is the biggest priority

good point, the scenario didn't mention if our own HP was at 1 also :eek:
  • VanZemljak - IllyfueVanZemljak - Illyfue Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    AOE does not choose targets lol
  • Rubichan - EyrdaRubichan - Eyrda Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    AOE does not choose targets lol

which post said they choose target?

everyone should now how to pot in emergencies.. i heal my friends first :P strangers later. haha
  • Swagger - EyrdaSwagger - Eyrda Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Treat it like a medical triage would go IRL. Those most likely to survive get healed first. Plain and simple. A warrior has a hell of a lot more survivability (in most cases at least) then a mage so I'm not going to waste my time healing a mage the will probably be on the brink of death soon again War/Sin/Mages. They better be potting and running far away.
    [SIGPIC]testing blah blah[/SIGPIC]
  • Epistle - LionheartEpistle - Lionheart Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I heal the warrior, sin mage and then the ones that can heal themselves i heal those people last.:D
  • Keyne - LionheartKeyne - Lionheart Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Swag is right. War/Sin/Mages. Although, I would have used my group heal at this point :D Bring your pots squishies! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nightwolf200nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    like above people said heal the warrior first then the sin and finally mage. as a sin myself i use my pots till the priest gets to me
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Tsukiyo - Storm LegionTsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well.. to answer the OP (which i didn't lol)

I'mma heal the warrior then the sin, the mages should have both used ice barriar to stall as they wait for heals. Since i'm human my heal is 1second.. i'll definally save both the warriar and sin before the next AoE.

• Luciferia - IllyfueLuciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'd probably go for sin>mage>warrior, because I want everyone to survive, and if I don't leave the class with the most survivability dead last, someone among the squishies will almost certainly face the dirt...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    I disagree Luci.
    If you don't heal the tank/off-tank and they die, everyone will die (not to mention the boss will reset D: ).
    If you don't heal the squishies and they die, there will still be a party alive and waiting for them when they run back from death (not to mention a stable boss who hasn't reset).

When squishies die, you lose damage. When the tank dies, you lose your protection and then your life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Inferno <3
  • YggdrasiI - Storm LegionYggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You faced an AoE almost wipe out. There are 1 Prot, 2 mages, 1 sin and 1 warrior.

the prot has been healed, but the rest are one hit away from dying. You know your heals will bring them back safely, but you only have one spell not on cooldown.

Who do you pick?

Protector> Warrior> Mage> Sin> Mage. Tanker is always priority; secondary tanker is one step below main tank. I could heal sin, but I chose warrior as secondary tank and decided to save a DD.

However, you can sometimes avoid, or at least soften, AoEs. From your level, I'm thinking this is a situation in Lighthouse. Let me guess- you're the only healer when you go, right? Even if it's not, file away this information in case you run into someone else who is struggling in this instance.

Same thing- I hated the instance- until someone took the time to actually teach me the proper way to do this instance. So, I'll share.

Boss 1 (shark- head- mcgee). Frontal AoE. Non- tanks, stand behind him. Simple as that.

Boss 2 (fish- face- mcgee). Have your tank greet him at the top of the plank and have the boss face TOWARD the boat. Have your rangers stand under the plank/ in the water. Everyone will still be hit by one of his two AoEs, but it's the least damaging one. His other AoE will still hit if you drag him onto the island and everyone is on the boat or plank. It aims up, but not down. Other melee, non- tanks, stand behind him.

Boss 3 (Marina). Comes with her loveable husband. Pick off the adds using a pet via the veno- lure method as seen in PWI [ send pet on monster, attack connects on monster, then recall pet and re- summon pet]. Lure her out from the entrance once the trash is dead- at the door can lead to glitches. KILL HER ASAP. She has the deadlier AoE of the two, so have everyone focus on her and have the tank just take the beatings from Sebestian.

Boss 4 (Sebestian). Drastically easier when Marina isn't around. Heal everyone normally.

Boss 5 (Mortulor). DO NOT FOCUS ON HIS 'MATEYS'- he will only spawn them again if you kill them. Have a pet tank them both, but make no efforts to actively destroy them. This boss has a small trick- drag him to the stone pillar off to the right of the center pillar and have him face away. Rangers, stand behind the central pillar- if correctly positioned, the center pillar should block his AoE most of the time.

I've done this instance with myself, 2 sins, and a mage, killing all bosses but the arsonist (really not worth going after) with no problems. Even after they said it wouldn't be possible to complete the instance, but decided it was worth a shot anyway. I'm glad they decided to listen, too. :)

<Instance info credit goes to Lustashious of Grandia>

EDIT: I thought about it a little bit and also drew this conclusion: it may not seem like it at first, but levels matter. How? Talent points, that's how. When I first encountered Lighthouse and Emperor's Canyon, I was being expected to heal everyone and everything (pets) and not a single one bringing potions. I was actually struggling to keep my parties alive- something that was never encountered or heard of after playing a healer class for over 10 years.

Then I got my main heal's cool- down from the talent tree. Now it's laughable and healing problems are a thing of the past. People often forget that there might be a huge difference between someone at level 35 versus someone at 34, especially for a divine priest and their ability to sustain your life, and ultimately, their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • Alyssian - IllyfueAlyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Protector> Warrior> Mage> Sin> Mage. Tanker is always priority; secondary tanker is one step below main tank. I could heal sin, but I chose warrior as secondary tank and decided to save a DD.

However, you can sometimes avoid, or at least soften, AoEs. From your level, I'm thinking this is a situation in Lighthouse. Let me guess- you're the only healer when you go, right? Even if it's not, file away this information in case you run into someone else who is struggling in this instance.

Same thing- I hated the instance- until someone took the time to actually teach me the proper way to do this instance. So, I'll share.

Boss 1 (shark- head- mcgee). Frontal AoE. Non- tanks, stand behind him. Simple as that.

Boss 2 (fish- face- mcgee). Have your tank greet him at the top of the plank and have the boss face TOWARD the boat. Have your rangers stand under the plank/ in the water. Everyone will still be hit by one of his two AoEs, but it's the least damaging one. His other AoE will still hit if you drag him onto the island and everyone is on the boat or plank. It aims up, but not down. Other melee, non- tanks, stand behind him.

Boss 3 (Marina). Comes with her loveable husband. Pick off the adds using a pet via the veno- lure method as seen in PWI [ send pet on monster, attack connects on monster, then recall pet and re- summon pet]. Lure her out from the entrance once the trash is dead- at the door can lead to glitches. KILL HER ASAP. She has the deadlier AoE of the two, so have everyone focus on her and have the tank just take the beatings from Sebestian.

Boss 4 (Sebestian). Drastically easier when Marina isn't around. Heal everyone normally.

Boss 5 (Mortulor). DO NOT FOCUS ON HIS 'MATEYS'- he will only spawn them again if you kill them. Have a pet tank them both, but make no efforts to actively destroy them. This boss has a small trick- drag him to the stone pillar off to the right of the center pillar and have him face away. Rangers, stand behind the central pillar- if correctly positioned, the center pillar should block his AoE most of the time.

I've done this instance with myself, 2 sins, and a mage, killing all bosses but the arsonist (really not worth going after) with no problems. Even after they said it wouldn't be possible to complete the instance, but decided it was worth a shot anyway. I'm glad they decided to listen, too. :)

<Instance info credit goes to Lustashious of Grandia>

EDIT: I thought about it a little bit and also drew this conclusion: it may not seem like it at first, but levels matter. How? Talent points, that's how. When I first encountered Lighthouse and Emperor's Canyon, I was being expected to heal everyone and everything (pets) and not a single one bringing potions. I was actually struggling to keep my parties alive- something that was never encountered or heard of after playing a healer class for over 10 years.

Then I got my main heal's cool- down from the talent tree. Now it's laughable and healing problems are a thing of the past. People often forget that there might be a huge difference between someone at level 35 versus someone at 34, especially for a divine priest and their ability to sustain your life, and ultimately, their own.

Actually, it was just a scenario from one of convos i had on skype...LH is never a problem for me since i am the luckiest priest alive (i always get a bard or a clever vamp O_o)

Also, it goes into some theories of doctor training, who do you operate on first? I actually was a bit suprised about this, i thought you guys would heal the mage/squishy first, but all of you opted for the Tank...Though that what's i heard what happens in real life.

Quite suprising read, is all i have to say. Personally, i would heal myself with HP pots (Yes, i forgot to mention) and heal the tank first. Though it really depnds on the situation, like the bosses.

FYI-I'm level 42, avatar is bugged.
    edited April 2011
    Actually, it was just a scenario from one of convos i had on skype...LH is never a problem for me since i am the luckiest priest alive (i always get a bard or a clever vamp O_o)

Also, it goes into some theories of doctor training, who do you operate on first? I actually was a bit suprised about this, i thought you guys would heal the mage/squishy first, but all of you opted for the Tank...Though that what's i heard what happens in real life.

Quite suprising read, is all i have to say. Personally, i would heal myself with HP pots (Yes, i forgot to mention) and heal the tank first. Though it really depnds on the situation, like the bosses.

FYI-I'm level 42, avatar is bugged.

That is a difference in play styles. As long as your tank stays alive, keeping the squishies alive is perfectly fine- you'll probably end up killing the boss/ monsters faster in the end because you didn't lose any DD.

Also, manually re- selecting your avatar should fix it; been doing that myself and it seems to keep it up to date every time I level and it doesn't automatically update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]

• devontydevonty Posts: 0
    edited April 2011
    Second healer doesn't help anyway since usually I was always the one that started casting first and then second would try heal the person I healed while the others are dying. When there was a second healer I always tried to guess who they are going to heal so I can heal different...

I found that almost every priest like 90% just healed the person who had the lowest hp bar tank or not
  • Luciferia - IllyfueLuciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I disagree Luci.
    If you don't heal the tank/off-tank and they die, everyone will die (not to mention the boss will reset D: ).
    If you don't heal the squishies and they die, there will still be a party alive and waiting for them when they run back from death (not to mention a stable boss who hasn't reset).

When squishies die, you lose damage. When the tank dies, you lose your protection and then your life.

OP suggested to take the fact that prot has been already healed for granted. So I just resumed from that point.
    In a tight clash I would ofc heal the main tank first, but then I would go on to ensure we have the maximum amount of people alive (you only need one tank, and if I have to sacrifice one of the rest I'd sacrifice the one with the least damage output and the most chances for an unexpected survival, ie the warrior)

PS. There is ofc another option - da trolling healer one: leave everyone dead and just tank the damn thing yourself alone while they are coming back :D
    Of course you'd probably die a painful death and recieve a few blocks afterwards, but who cares?:D:D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    devonty wrote: »
    Second healer doesn't help anyway since usually I was always the one that started casting first and then second would try heal the person I healed while the others are dying. When there was a second healer I always tried to guess who they are going to heal so I can heal different...

I found that almost every priest like 90% just healed the person who had the lowest hp bar tank or not

Why don't people trying something called 'communication?' Ask the secondary healer to take care of ___ just in case their HP falls to a dangerous level and your main focus is still on something like the tank. It's better than wasting your mana healing the same target.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]

• embyy93embyy93 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why don't people trying something called 'communication?' Ask the secondary healer to take care of ___ just in case their HP falls to a dangerous level and your main focus is still on something like the tank. It's better than wasting your mana healing the same target.

Lol, I was going to say this, but you beat me too it.

Sadly, if you get random groups there tends to be no communication at all, especially with a second healer.
  • devontydevonty Posts: 0
    edited April 2011

Yes well done. I can say I'll heal the tank and you heal whoever and then there's a AOE everyone is about to die like the OP say's and then it's the situation I said. Also I was making a point that most priest's will just heal whoever has the lowest hp what does that have to do with communication? GJ for forgetting what the topic is about.
  • Kierstyn - Storm LegionKierstyn - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Main Healer and Secondary Healer.

Main takes care of Tank and Secondary takes care of everyone else including Main Healer.

Always seems to work out well for me in other games.
  • Alyssian - IllyfueAlyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Main Healer and Secondary Healer.

Main takes care of Tank and Secondary takes care of everyone else including Main Healer.

Always seems to work out well for me in other games.

Kinda already said i healed myself with pots.
  • anikyuanikyu Posts: 67
    edited May 2011
    I'm a elf divine priest, I'll choose mage > sin > warrior.
    Because mage have more DD than other two and low hp whereas warrior have almost two times over than mage's hp.

Heal Over Time on Mage, Instant cure on sin, five seconds on warrior and then instant heal on mage. Lastly, focus on warrior on full hp.
    Then I have my whole entire party on full hp in short time ^^

Or

Use LoS; I will have enough time to heal everyone back to full hp.

Elf is the opposite of human, which they have easier time to spam skills on parties than humans and they can also replace a bard.

Just one of my heal skills (Heal over Time skill or instant Cure) and I can heal Mage, Markman, Vampire and Assassin back to their full hp in a very short time.
    Shizunghi
    Gauntlet [EN] Server
  • Divineheal - IllyfueDivineheal - Illyfue Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    anikyu wrote: »
    I'm a elf divine priest, I'll choose mage > sin > warrior.
    Because mage have more DD than other two and low hp whereas warrior have almost two times over than mage's hp.

Heal Over Time on Mage, Instant cure on sin, five seconds on warrior and then instant heal on mage. Lastly, focus on warrior on full hp.
    Then I have my whole entire party on full hp in short time ^^

Or

Use LoS; I will have enough time to heal everyone back to full hp.

Elf is the opposite of human, which they have easier time to spam skills on parties than humans and they can also replace a bard.

Just one of my heal skills (Heal over Time skill or instant Cure) and I can heal Mage, Markman, Vampire and Assassin back to their full hp in a very short time.

Probably i would do the same in this situation. Supposing that party members are almost at same level and gear. Then if mage(6-7k hp) has survived an aoe then for sure warrior(12-13k hp) will survive the next aoe even if he wasn't healed. As an elf priest my regen(1.3-1.4k) will heal mage to full and with heal sin will be out of danger of next aoe.

So far in my 4-5,all guild runs, welkin castle runs(cant affort to make more instance runs with my daily 3-5 hour game play) i have always been in party with secondary healer and in our first run no one died in whole instance, thanks to our marksman for pulling last boss without aggroing his minions. With two healers in party you just have to decide who are the main targets for each of you. One healer has to take care of tank and one other while 2nd healer take cares of rest of the team members including main healer and himself. As a secondary healer i'll heal tank if his hp starts falling below 40%.
  • Resa - Storm LegionResa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm a human divine priest, so I might do things a lot differently than elf priests. since I have a one second cooldown on my main heal and a 4 second cooldown on my HoT, I usually cast HoT first on the casters, then ones with higher def and hp. Basically, my priorities are mage, assassin, then warrior, IF I've already gotten the main tank healed.

I'd pop LoH really fast on the squishy first and then heal the assassin. Since I have a short cooldown and my LoH probably is ready to go again, I can heal the warrior with either LoH or my normal heal. I usually go with my normal heal so then I can just quickly use LoH on the tank and be back to normal again. If there's a bard, I don't have to panic too much on the speed of my heals, and if there's a vampire, I'd expect them to heal themselves if their hp is too low so they're on medium priority as well, but some vamps never heal themselves so I have no choice but to also keep a close eye on their hp. Dark vamps especially.
  • Narii - Storm LegionNarii - Storm Legion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    hmm as a bard i heal all at the same time lol at times i wish i could turn off healing for certain rather rude ppl lol we arent priests...anyhow on subject as my priest Id heal myself then the warrior cuz should he aoe again what if that somehow drops our tank O.O somethings gotta stand between me and that boss; second the secondary healer if there is one cuz she should/ could help me heal the others provided she hasnt healed herself already...then the sin and then the mages