test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mana and Healing pots.

phrenikosphrenikos Posts: 1,140 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
How do you think they should be implemented into Forsaken World. Should they be spammable? Having a second cooldown and become almost a necessity, or maybe not even implemented, so that you have to rely on self and party heal skills and sitting to regain hp. Should pots have an instant effect or an over time effect?
Post edited by phrenikos on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sadotoki - 40 Warrior

Comments

• soulxlsoulxl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    phrenikos wrote: »
    How do you think they should be implemented into Forsaken World. Should they be spammable? Having a second cooldown and become almost a necessity, or maybe not even implemented, so that you have to rely on self and party heal skills and sitting to regain hp. Should pots have an instant effect or an over time effect?

Prolly the common way, non spammable and heal over time. They can also have some special ones that instant heal some amount. I wonder if this game has hierogram like pw, i prefer no hiero tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mackowmackow Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    well pots wont be so easy to get. If you read blog carefully you will notice that after lvl 30 npc stop selling pots and only way to get them is cooking (subclass). And probably they will have some colddown. otherwise PvP is who will run of pots first :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaikanamekaikaname Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    u can craft pot by have profession as a Herb collector and such, and i think cash shop will have HP/MP pots batteries too ^^
    KaiKaname!!~Executioners;)

Strongest and Sexy player in BoI:cool:.. maybe?:rolleyes:
    God of Ninja! Viet/Korean Pride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • pizzblackpizzblack Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There is a cook profession for making food too, but I rather not have to rely on HP/MP potions.

Making your own restoring items is better biz, to me.
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

There once was a BlackCard...~
  • zappygunzappygun Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    In my opinion: They should have a cooldown. No spamming them, because if they were spammable, in both PvP and PvE, it won't be a question of who has the most skill in battle, but who brings the most pots.
    Also, the cooldown should take short enough to make them do what they should: avoid death, but long enough to maintain the goal of avoiding death, and not keeping health bar all the way up.

The effect shouldn't be too big, either, and, in my opinion, should be instant: "When HP falls below XX%, can be used to immediately restore XX amount of HP". This way you can avoid death, but not spam pots. Of course, the cooldown should remain, so that it still won't be possible to outpot a boss or players 20 lvls above self.

As for the MP pots, I think those should be pretty much the same; "When MP falls below XX%, can be used to immediately restore XX amount of MP". This, because you can then get the little extra boost to your amount of MP to finish that last one mob, but eventually you'll need to sit down and recover it by yourself, anyway. Also, like with the HP pots, the cooldown should remain so you'll be unable to constantly keep kiting bosses or players and constantly use slow/stun skills on them, so you'll still have virtually no chance of outlasting them.

And lastly, the HP/MP pots that cannot be used in combat. These do restore HP/MP overtime, and can only be used while sitting down/make you sit down. Makes the slow and boring process of meditation speed up a little bit.
    For Phoenix I ride, for Phoenix I fight, for Phoenix I die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join NeverForever! Go to boi-never.guildportal.com and apply; or look for "Join our guild!" in the community tavern (be sure to post your future IGN). :)

IGN: MurderZ
    Class: Champion
    Guild + Rank: NeverForever Leader
    Server: Atlantis
    Level: 42
    edited March 2010
    pizzblack wrote: »
    There is a cook profession for making food too, but I rather not have to rely on HP/MP potions.

Making your own restoring items is better biz, to me.
    yup
    zappygun wrote: »
    In my opinion: They should have a cooldown. No spamming them, because if they were spammable, in both PvP and PvE, it won't be a question of who has the most skill in battle, but who brings the most pots.

disagree with Zappy.. if u strong enuf u could kill the other guy even with his pots spam ^^ that call skills... pots cool down if so take less than 1-2 second and alot of HP regen if not, PvP orient game like FW would fail... because ppl die too easily and it would be no fun ^^, stuns can make other player stop pots too ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • bulletstormbulletstorm Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Take in account that squishy classes need pots to be able to solo, unless they have a healslave. A 10-15 second cooldown would be fine with pots, and since gold is hard to come by and Soul Points are needed for just about everything I doubt you could carry an insane number of pots to just spam for no reason. Even in PvP if pots are spammable you can still take them down if you know what you're doing, it's their money and if they wanna be broke all the time that's their problem.

A longer CD makes soloing much slower having to take a ton of breaks to just sit and restore Hp/Mp. I'd rather keep gameplay fast and exciting rather than long and boring. I've played games with both types of CDs and can personally say a smaller CD makes the game better and more enjoyable.
    IGN: BulletStorm
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Marksman
    Guild: N/A
    Server: N/A

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You found a moralistic decay, all you need!"
  • riionxriionx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Or they could be non spammable, instant heal xx amount and can only be used consecutively to heal xx hp? Same with mp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Neosdex for the sig, no thanks to my broken Photoshop >>
    edited March 2010
    kaikaname wrote: »
    disagree with Zappy.. if u strong enuf u could kill the other guy even with his pots spam ^^ that call skills... pots cool down if so take less than 1-2 second and alot of HP regen if not, PvP orient game like FW would fail... because ppl die too easily and it would be no fun ^^, stuns can make other player stop pots too ^^

Yeah, but stuns make things too imbalanced, anyway. If you can use a ranged stun skill of some sort, and you capture, say, a mage, he/she is practically dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join NeverForever! Go to boi-never.guildportal.com and apply; or look for "Join our guild!" in the community tavern (be sure to post your future IGN). :)

edited March 2010
    Maybe you could buy different level/kinds of potions...hopefully they will all have a separate cooldown...

Otherwise, fish, meat and berries are the way to live!
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

edited March 2010
    maybe You Could Buy Different Level/kinds Of Potions...hopefully They Will All Have A Separate Cooldown...

Otherwise, Fish, Meat And Berries Are The Way To Live!

Food Ftw!!! :D :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• merokotenshimerokotenshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I just hope that it won't be like the ones in PWI

I really didn't like the heal xx in xx time..

Cause if you are near death it won't save you....

And I'll be looking forward to cooking ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks mortalz for sig!
    edited March 2010
    Maybe you could buy different level/kinds of potions...hopefully they will all have a separate cooldown...

Otherwise, fish, meat and berries are the way to live!

there notthing confirm on cool down so far ^^... we'll have to way few more days for all of our question to be answer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • iisockuuiisockuu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There should be a cool-down like a 5 sec cool down .. Coz if they make it spam then PvP is idk .. Just not right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Name: Mize
    IGN: iiSocku

Bubble teaa!!!
    edited March 2010
    iisockuu wrote: »
    There should be a cool-down like a 5 sec cool down .. Coz if they make it spam then PvP is idk .. Just not right

5 seconds would suck.... -.- how bout none... and in duel u can't use pot ^^ how that? :) and in PK u can spam.. but remember! pots are rare and hard to make in FW ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • riionxriionx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I shall survive on a caveman diet D< Fish slowly roasted over a camp fire with a nutritious berry smoothie...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Neosdex for the sig, no thanks to my broken Photoshop >>
  • bulletstormbulletstorm Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    5 seconds would suck.... -.- how bout none... and in duel u can't use pot ^^ how that? :) and in PK u can spam.. but remember! pots are rare and hard to make in FW ^^

You would need pots, or the natural regen rate better be crazy fast. Otherwise solo is gonna be a huge bore. I'd rather be able to spam in PvE and in Duels/PvP rely solely on Priests and luck.
    IGN: BulletStorm
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Marksman
    Guild: N/A
    Server: N/A

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You found a moralistic decay, all you need!"
    edited March 2010
    riionx wrote: »
    I shall survive on a caveman diet D< Fish slowly roasted over a camp fire with a nutritious berry smoothie...

meat and berries is fine for me xD..i wonder how hard it is to make pots =.=

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • kaeryskaerys Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    mana pots better be easy or priest's mana regen better be fast lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no idea about what my IGN might be lol...
    i'll put it on my sig once CB/OB Is out ^^
    edited March 2010
    the way i look at it.. FW regen will be fast.. with no pots.. how the hell we grind =.= or mobs suck? hit 1 HP with good gear like JD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • pedrobpedrob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I would say give the Alchemy profession the ability to make instant and over time pots, the over time being only a 5 or so seconds buff, and the Cook (if that's really in the game as I don't see it in the list) would make 30mins buff items that boost the natural regeneration. Of course the longer timed one would have a much longer cooldown of about 20mins and the pots would be 1min each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    wth.. if pots system like that and mob hit crazy.. no super fast regen = fail

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
    edited March 2010
    pedrob wrote: »
    I would say give the Alchemy profession the ability to make instant and over time pots, the over time being only a 5 or so seconds buff, and the Cook (if that's really in the game as I don't see it in the list) would make 30mins buff items that boost the natural regeneration. Of course the longer timed one would have a much longer cooldown of about 20mins and the pots would be 1min each.

Isn't Alchemist the same thing as a cook? o.o?

Cause the Cook came from Cinderboy's direct translation right?

And when the teaser site went up they gave all the jobs a proper name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks mortalz for sig!
    edited March 2010
    LOL, transmute bricks into fish!

Maybe...but I wonder if those are all the professions?

If not, there might be a cooking profession!

But if that is it then I might go with alchemist for entrees!
    QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

edited March 2010
    Isn't Alchemist the same thing as a cook? o.o?

Cause the Cook came from Cinderboy's direct translation right?

And when the teaser site went up they gave all the jobs a proper name

how much u wanna bet sum nae have notthing to do with that profession/job/class? XD anyway there 2 kind can make pot herb collector and cook.. so which 1? im confuse

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
    edited March 2010
    how much u wanna bet sum nae have notthing to do with that profession/job/class? XD anyway there 2 kind can make pot herb collector and cook.. so which 1? im confuse

Ok I am reading this from the teaser site

it says

Botanist (Herb Collector)

botani10.jpg

Alchemist (Cook)

alchem10.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks mortalz for sig!
    edited March 2010
    thnx man cook is more important imo then

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • diablosspeardiablosspear Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    some healing potions that are harder to acquire but good. but to go with it also healing energy from monster drops (exe diablo 3 concept or currently seen in mytheon ) drops is new. or a mix of larger slower over time potions, and little spammable potions.
    edited March 2010
    some healing potions that are harder to acquire but good. but to go with it also healing energy from monster drops (exe diablo 3 concept or currently seen in mytheon ) drops is new. or a mix of larger slower over time potions, and little spammable potions.

fyi stop tlaking about other game.. .FW will not be like any other game u seen out there, and we don't know anything yet till 11 more days.. and pots will be hard to fine here not found in NPC Like other games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Executionersfw.ning.com
  • towermastertowermaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    In the first limited testing of FW, players reported that HP pots has a cool-down of 10 secs and heal less than consuming food.
This discussion has been closed.