test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5th Anniversary Event! Share your fondest memories!

Comments

• kyvosekyvose Posts: 4 Arc User
    I REMEMBER A GAME WHERE AFK WAS KICK FROM 12V12 WHEN THEY ARE AFK !!!!!!
  • alwanralwanr Posts: 294 Arc User
    For me it has been a trip I was sharing for a while.

After joining a big guild almost 4 years ago I met a certain priest player I used to appreciate a lot. I used to talk to her a lot and we became very good friends to the point I was set in my mind to 'follow' her wherever she went. She would change guilds and I would go with her a leave the rest of the people behind just to be with her. After a while she decided to create her own guild and as expected I joined her.

After a while I left FW for about a year for personal reasons and I could not contact her or even tell her that I would be absent. When I got back she was a little distant and stopped started playing less every day until 1 day she just disappeared. One true friend and one of a kind. We all have friends that have left and some that are still around, but FW has helped lots of people to make new friends even if we're literally in different parts of the world.
  • matryematrye Posts: 41 Arc User
    The best times for me during this game would have to be a long long time ago... In joining the first guild that felt like a home on Lionheart - Avatar led by ChozinOne. After following my friend TheSprite from Midnight, a friend I'll always have for life even though there is more time of quiet periods between us now due to real life and different directions. To flash back to when the Fissure bosses JUST became killable when we all grouped together and tackled the monster as a guild to get everyone their skill scroll. We were the only guild able to do this in the beginning and thus sold the scrolls for a high price (which nobody else agreed was fair) but it took a long time to kill these bosses, and eventually others started doing it too which was a good thing. Strong bonds were made with a lot from this guild, and others a betrayal, hate from other guilds but all in all we got through it for the better. Friends I'll always cherish. Shout out to Haygar, TheSprite, Sutrikism, ChozinOne, teaLz, Makia, iTzProdigy, Khaladon, Delocroix, KinVackta, Piplup - You all made this game better for me. Some I still see and talk to everyday as others, I have wished them well and luck in life.

The first time I cleared FP when we accidentally aoe'd upstairs and it triggered Kleur hahaha... all you see is this really fat moster running towards you - and your priest (In this case LightCleric) leading him down the hallway going "Ruuuuuuuuuuuuun!!! It's the Koolaid Man!!!! OooooOOooHHHhhh Yeahhhh" In voice chat hahaha... Then watching everyone turn around and run or try to run back to the beginning but we all die anyway.

Killing Koubo as a guild with only inappropriate chat to entertain us. Back when he took like 40 minutes to kill even with everyone botting. Being on Ventrilo with everyone also made a big difference and added more fun to the game for me.

Making friends, friendships breaking, marrying friends, marrying lovers, making enemies, joining new guilds, quitting, and coming back.... This game has been a long journey for me since playing from closed beta in another country, with different plans. Having friends in all different parts of the world across other servers, breaking the game limits to skype chats and voice calls and onto social media and IRL meets. Leaving this Forsaken World to join a new one and make friends there, and to be back with them on Retail - and still have the bond or deep connection you had with them on the previous server.

After spending 8 months PvP'ing somewhere else I've made close knit friends, and a stronger relationship with one in particular - xHonor, BornAtLast this game would be very boring and lonely without you both And joining a new guild Mjolnir with kind and a little crazy, helpful people with old friends AndrewRoxxz, Tweetlicious and KinVackta.
    Salynn - Divine Priest (Lionheart)
  • misshimisshi Posts: 84 Arc User
    matrye said:

The best times for me during this game would have to be a long long time ago... In joining the first guild that felt like a home on Lionheart - Avatar led by ChozinOne. After following my friend TheSprite from Midnight, a friend I'll always have for life even though there is more time of quiet periods between us now due to real life and different directions. To flash back to when the Fissure bosses JUST became killable when we all grouped together and tackled the monster as a guild to get everyone their skill scroll. We were the only guild able to do this in the beginning and thus sold the scrolls for a high price (which nobody else agreed was fair) but it took a long time to kill these bosses, and eventually others started doing it too which was a good thing. Strong bonds were made with a lot from this guild, and others a betrayal, hate from other guilds but all in all we got through it for the better. Friends I'll always cherish. Shout out to Haygar, TheSprite, Sutrikism, ChozinOne, teaLz, Makia, iTzProdigy, Khaladon, Delocroix, KinVackta, Piplup - You all made this game better for me. Some I still see and talk to everyday as others, I have wished them well and luck in life.

The first time I cleared FP when we accidentally aoe'd upstairs and it triggered Kleur hahaha... all you see is this really fat moster running towards you - and your priest (In this case LightCleric) leading him down the hallway going "Ruuuuuuuuuuuuun!!! It's the Koolaid Man!!!! OooooOOooHHHhhh Yeahhhh" In voice chat hahaha... Then watching everyone turn around and run or try to run back to the beginning but we all die anyway.

Killing Koubo as a guild with only inappropriate chat to entertain us. Back when he took like 40 minutes to kill even with everyone botting. Being on Ventrilo with everyone also made a big difference and added more fun to the game for me.

Making friends, friendships breaking, marrying friends, marrying lovers, making enemies, joining new guilds, quitting, and coming back.... This game has been a long journey for me since playing from closed beta in another country, with different plans. Having friends in all different parts of the world across other servers, breaking the game limits to skype chats and voice calls and onto social media and IRL meets. Leaving this Forsaken World to join a new one and make friends there, and to be back with them on Retail - and still have the bond or deep connection you had with them on the previous server.

After spending 8 months PvP'ing somewhere else I've made close knit friends, and a stronger relationship with one in particular - xHonor, BornAtLast this game would be very boring and lonely without you both And joining a new guild Mjolnir with kind and a little crazy, helpful people with old friends AndrewRoxxz, Tweetlicious and KinVackta.

i like the fact that me and sis are in that koubo pic xD i have somewhere a few screenies of first koubo kills too but sadly i had players off so it doesnt look as awsome D:

♫Pic by awsome wifey Ryu♫
    poppyxmassig1_zps8mupkvbk.jpg
    PoPxTart - Wind Bard
  • matryematrye Posts: 41 Arc User
    misshi said:

i like the fact that me and sis are in that koubo pic xD i have somewhere a few screenies of first koubo kills too but sadly i had players off so it doesnt look as awsome D:

Haha I have lots of pics we were in together, I had to look through them all and the good times were amazing. Only two wind bards in Avatar for the longest time xD In this one I had alt k on and then decided to take a screenie so I shut it off, I think it took like 5 minutes to pop up all the graphics. Mannnn this was on my old computer too haha how different everything looks now always playing on high graphics.
    Salynn - Divine Priest (Lionheart)
  • littleshoppelittleshoppe Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I just want to say ty. All jokes about problems aside - I cant thank you enough for introducing me to some of the best people. I get frustrated about P2W and glitches that we know you are also overwhelmed by, but even after leaving for a year, coming back felt like coming home. Thank you to friends on Storm, for VSQR and Allegiance for being so amazing and for the dearest friends E..n and C..y. <3 Love you guys!
    What I would love... Henry as a Final boss! You know he is shady, what does he do with all those metal rings? >:)
    MerryRaksha~
  • negemaanegemaa Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I started playing fw coming from (another mmo that wont be said) with a friend who no longer plays, she showed me the ropes on how this game was and what it was about. i was a so lost and so confused when i first started. Most of all I was lonely, Along the way I started making many friends along the way meeting people and starting to understand fw a bit more. There were times I left the game but came back with new vigor and motivation to do better for myself and my toon. There were bad Memories and good memories but overall I loved everything bit of friendship I've had with all my friends. They all motivated me to do my best and always try and for that I'm grateful to them. Friends come and go but I still made some new pals.

A good friend and a "sister" figure to me, back then and even now! when i was just a baby war

wlr4fk.jpg

back when arena season 2 arena was still fresh!

rmsfo4.jpg

I made some amazing friends along the way

o8grd0.png

2ev6jqc.jpg

2z4xmjp.png

10i6vk4.png

1zp2w53.png

( me currently) I would post more but don't wanna spam yall but I am thankful for all the people I mean though out my fw gaming experience, and all the memories i made for myself from my small steps to making big things for myself.

2wftmw5.png​​
    Post edited by negemaa on
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • unusualsuspect1unusualsuspect1 Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I was a late starter to the game. I'd actually logged in for a few hours in September 2012 back when my daughter and I were looking for games to play other than Minecraft and Mass Effect 3, but it wasn't until Feb 2013 when I looked at the game again and my cheeky little girl said: "Wouldn't it be awesome to have a little dwarf girl as character and beat someone and say `You just got your **** kicked by a little kid!'". Mind you, I dislike PvP and I would never gloat like that over anyone, but the thought and laughter of the moment struck a chord and Shapelle was born with blonde hair like my daughter (but on a PvE server).

I remember Luneriel, a light bard from the Inexorable guild who took a nabby little MM under her wing so to speak, became my mentor, and showed me the game. The number of times I died trying to solo everything... If it wasn't for her kindness and patience with my never ending series of questions about the game and all its ins and outs, along with the rest of the Inexorable guild, then I doubt I would've stuck around. I have a great number of very fond memories of those first few months in the game. Sitting on the shoulders of a rugged Protector as Shap kicked her little legs playfully. So cute! Dancing in FH. Guild runs through OAC, AC, FP, ToK, LLH, Welkins, GL, farming gems and materials and all helping each other. We weren't a guild of OPs or anything like that. Just a bunch of people out to have fun. I made a lot of good friends along the way, but sadly most all have since left the game.

MA15+ paragraph warning: One of my most memorable and funniest moments was, as playing a female character and not being well known at the time, many initially suspected I was actually female. At the time I had a good female friend in the game, a well known funny lad believed that we were both female in real life and "into each other" and was drooling over that prospect. Mind you, we played up that aspect for fun a fair bit. Eventually we got onto Ventrilo and out came my very deep baritone radio voice to introduce myself. Almost immediately comes the statement from said excitable male: "Holy f...!! Shap is a dude! I feel so dirty! Do you know all the things I was imagining about you?!!". Laugh? We were all in tears!!

Ah, the joys and laughter of interacting with people, all joined together by the common interest of Forsaken World. There's something about the community that keeps pulling me back even though I've left the game a few times. I've enjoyed the challenges, the guild and party banter, the friendly sparring of setting Hell Road records, leading raids, trolling world-chat, making jokes, sticking up for and helping out the little guys. All of it.

My most memorable moment is by accident running into my (now) beloved while I was on an alt. Independently we were both probably within a week of departing the game of our own accords never to cross paths again, but a chance encounter brought us together and the rest has been almost two years of the most wonderful history. Here's to many, many more my love <3

Forsaken World and its community has given me so many happy and good times, especially through some rough patches in life. Thank you to everyone who has been kind.
  • clownsneverdieclownsneverdie Posts: 36 Arc User
    As an old school player there's alot of things I miss......

Low Level Arena Alt's

photo 58af6ba5-fba9-4d9b-9cb4-cdc66f801b84_zps28f95cf6.jpg

Running away from friend's in Freedom Harbor when you get married...

photo 385871_419287014831247_1976314542_n_zpskockhu6y.jpg

Random dance parties/matching fashions with friends regardless the guild we resided in....

photo 165960_419286281497987_709001263_n_zpsagb3heb8.jpg

Doing FF with Domino and having my highest amount of assist points ever o/

photo 2015-12-19 21-35-04_zpsnvxustdg.png

Yelling at him to stay put for a screenie coz hes one hyper dude...

photo 2015-12-20 22-09-48_zpsl6apn6lg.png

Having more of a fashion selection in the market.... HINTHINT.......

But most of all, my fondest memories and biggest achievements were with the friends and frenemies I have made along the way... Many have quit or we don't talk or we hate each other passionately but.... they've been the reason I played and they are the reason I continue to play.
    photo d2b55694-5985-4cd3-b7c3-1fa1a23fc278_zpsfqg6lnnr.jpg
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,040 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    negemaa said:

I started playing fw coming from (another mmo that wont be said) with a friend who no longer plays, she showed me the ropes on how this game was and what it was about. i was a so lost and so confused when i first started. Most of all I was lonely, Along the way I started making many friends along the way meeting people and starting to understand fw a bit more. There were times I left the game but came back with new vigor and motivation to do better for myself and my toon. There were bad Memories and good memories but overall I loved everything bit of friendship I've had with all my friends. They all motivated me to do my best and always try and for that I'm grateful to them. Friends come and go but I still made some new pals.

A good friend and a "sister" figure to me, back then and even now! when i was just a baby war
    ​​

you are still baby war >: :*
  • negemaanegemaa Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    amarantos wrote: »

you are still baby war >: :*

D: oh yea? .... well you're still a whale >:​​
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • keakua808keakua808 Posts: 222 Arc User
    I've been playing since 2011. This is the first and only mmorpg I've ever played. So everything was new to me. Learning the ins and outs took a while but in time I got it. As fun as learning the game was meeting new people is was kept me playing. Making friends from places such as England, Malaysia, Phillipines, Chile, even Australia has been amazing. Talking to everyone and learning about new cultures has been eye opening and educational.
    Conovar
    79 Dark Vampire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misshimisshi Posts: 84 Arc User
    matrye said:

misshi said:

Haha I have lots of pics we were in together, I had to look through them all and the good times were amazing. Only two wind bards in Avatar for the longest time xD In this one I had alt k on and then decided to take a screenie so I shut it off, I think it took like 5 minutes to pop up all the graphics. Mannnn this was on my old computer too haha how different everything looks now always playing on high graphics.
    Avatar times where the best times with Chozin i really miss it. was the time i enjoyed playing the most, despite being still a total nub xD ya gud ol wind bard times...back then when we could still feel special! Q_Q
    ♫Pic by awsome wifey Ryu♫
    poppyxmassig1_zps8mupkvbk.jpg
    PoPxTart - Wind Bard
  • trikaizer88trikaizer88 Posts: 1 Arc User
    i love the game. easy to play but hard to get nice enchant gear (12/12). Overall this game awesome and ppl who play this was so nice. it make me want play more ....
  • kindlyspiritkindlyspirit Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Hi everyone, I join Forsaken World December 2011. what to say about gaming. Forsaken World my first on line game. Your graphic is awesome. I was a true game noob , XD. I was so nervous play online game. I join Guild Sky (IIIyue server ). Become friends with some caring people. It was so diffcult for a player so shy too. Players make Forsaken game awesome an fun. Most fun I ever had was laughing at myself an learn about gaming . Most amazing the event have every year Romanic Island I was in awww. I true enjoy the Lost city Event , wish was more once a day. Enjoy dance styles wish more to select. I want to thank you Forsaken world making all this possible. It was not for you would not meet friends, discovering all this fun. Thank you guys so kindly
    From. Radiance-Rosie/Princess-Leia {Don't not exist but did have fond memories}
    Post edited by kindlyspirit on
  • xelloss999xelloss999 Posts: 63 Arc User
    Some of my favorite memories of FW include:

Doing Forgotten Prison, and getting past that badass boss Patrick Ironwhip. Especially hard since nobody in our group had Angelic Harmony yet (it was very hard to get, and cost a fortune if someone was selling it).

Our first hard epic world boss as a guild - Mayes Tinclaw. Oh did it ever take a lot of dps at the time to out-dps his regen near the end:

Doing Mercury Summit on Sunday, "rigging the votes" to get the über rare scrolls for guildies:

Killing Balerion in DT3 with Domino:

Domino, you are a great asset to this game! Having someone at FW who actually plays the game to know the game, economy and player issues, and who organizes events, live streams on Twitch, and just chills out with people is a real asset to the community! Thanks Domino!

Xanthros, Rebel Priest and GL of Starlight, Lionheart Server
  • When I first started playing FW it was much different than what I see today. Freedom Harbor was the place to hang out, and running around endlessly to get 30 daily tasks for Henry was my first stop. I took a break from FW and when I came back to a few weeks ago I didn't recognize any thing. So I decided I would start all over with a new character and account so I can get a feel for how FW has evolved and so I don't feel lost.
  • bboymigobboymigo Posts: 100 Arc User
    Honestly, this might sound weird but the thing that I enjoyed the most was WESTER AND REEVES. Why? Well, a lot of my old friends from even RL played the game with me. It was the only time I got to spend time with them as some have deployed and just generally lost touch. It was fun to troll the clash between Wester n Reeves by yelling random blabber through Normal Chat. Even more importantly, the entire Lionheart Server seemed to get along great just having a blast dueling, chatting and dancing around the NPCs. I guess it's nice to reminisce on simpler times before who controls what TS and EB boss!

Thanks,
    supadupa_HYPHY
  • systemburnsystemburn Posts: 49 Arc User
    Vamp remember when FW first announced and said you could play as a Vampire. Then Vamp started playing because Vamp could get the name Vampire and play as a Vampire o/
  • kaliflowerkaliflower Posts: 53 Arc User
    I joined sometime in 2011 I think. I remember how friendly people were, back then because we were all noobs. I remember the random spam guild invites and how everything in FW seemed so massive. I do miss FH. The layout was a thing of beauty. You have this basically giant circle as a gathering point and off on the edges are all the little shops and other necessary character building places. I miss Columbus..odd enough I know. I liked the weird quests. Haha. As well as quell the elements. :/
    I do like the attention from GM's FW now receives though. ;)
  • sharmeshamsharmesham Posts: 22 Arc User
    My fondest memory is the day me and my brother created our guild and celebrated with a dance party, which I posted on my youtube account :D :D

:D https://youtube.com/watch?v=BuS0-b-I4XU :D

• thenamesdominothenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    I'm not in the entry for this contest, but as a player, I want to share a story with everyone. Be warned, there are parts to this that can be a little difficult, but in the end, it's my story and I wouldn't change it for the world.

WARNING: WALL OF TEXT BELOW

I came to Forsaken World to do a favor for DefenderofDreams.

Before I begin, let me preface everything by saying that the thought processes of people in the video game industry tend to be more on the jaded side. Yours would be too if for months and even years at a time, your task is to sit in the same game every day and report issues that seemingly get ignored and never fixed. (Coming from a console QA background I know this pain all too well)

Around the office, the people who tested FW also tended to fit into this category, this is just a side product of months of tedium and couple that with people coming from a community who was a bit salty because these same issues that they were complaining about were the exact same ones that QA were pleading to have fixed and no results from the developers. And yes, GreyjoyKraken, who was and still is one of my closest friends, was at the very forefront of this frustration. I heard many stories about this game and none of them were good.

That being said, Forsaken World was one of those games I would never wanted to have touched with a 10 foot pole.

At the time, I was very very invested in a game that despite the negativity around the office, just could not pull myself away from. One of those rare gems that even when I got home from doing a full day's worth of testing, I would login and join my friends and just game on until the wee hours of the morning. My co-workers thought I was crazy. They were about to call me stupid soon.

One day I'm talking to one of my closest friends and she tells me about this game called "Forsaken World". I believe my first response was "Oh god, why would you do that to yourself?" And then she starts telling me about the game and the people in it. She asks me to check it out. So after a few weeks of her talking about how much fun it was, I decided to bite the bullet and log in.

Thus, out of sheer curiosity alone, CallMeDomino was born. I figured it was a bad sign that I couldn't keep the "They" at the beginning of my character name Because truth be told, my full character name (and you can verify this across multiple platforms and titles) is actually "TheyCallMeDomino" because frankly, that's what they call me.

So I create a Lycan (not even knowing at the time that it was the current race with the most issues) and begun to embark on my electronic journey.

The game on first glance seemed okay enough, I mean the graphics were a little dated, but the attack animations were pretty cool. Also did I detect a little snark in the story? That's different. It's almost like the game knows it's a ridiculous Chinese import. Anyways, after about 2 hours or so I made it to Freedom Harbor. Wow... So many people. Having never really played MMO's before I was completely lost. My head hurt from trying to figure out what the hell to do. My friend who had championed this game so hard for the past few weeks had disappeared so I had no guidance and I wasn't about to ask a perfect stranger because I heard they were bitter and salty. I logged out expecting never to log in again.

I went to work the next day not thinking anything of my excursion and was immediately cornered by DefenderofDreams (Moe). He asked if that was me in Freedom Harbor last night and I told him what had happened. You could just tell the man had made a plan as of the previous evening and it was about to come to fruition... Little did I know this plan would change the very course of my career.

He asked me what I saw in forsaken world, and me explaining the frustrations of a person who had never played an mmo before put his plan in motion. He needed a streamer.

Now around the office, apparently I'm one of the more outgoing people who occupy a space here, and was very well known as the Hyperactive Lemur who streamed Blacklight Retribution. Moe wanted me to stream Forsaken World. He believed in the game, but he wanted to get others on board and to do that he needed me because apparently again, I supposedly am good at getting people excited. So we made a deal.

I had to level up my character to be of worth to an established gaming community and I wanted to look cool. He wanted a streamer. So after several discussions, I agreed to host Forsaken World as part of my gaming showcase in the Extra Life gaming marathon and in return, I got some cool looking fashion and [Combat] Princess, because that's the best mount ever conceived by a human being in the history of EVAR.

So, alone, I set off to grind a character to level 60, which was at the time no easy feat. Occasionally my friend would pop by from time to time to see how I was doing, but she was ever so busy with her guild, among other things, that most of the time I had to fend for myself. However, this was a good thing, as it introduced me to a gaggle of people whom I never would have met otherwise.

It was working with these guys that the reasons why this game was so beloved to the players began to show. There was humor everywhere. There were also alot of really cool people here too. Overnight, I couldn't stop playing. I was hooked.

I suppose in all this my favorite memory is doffing the PWE Guild tag and beginning my Forsaken World Livestream when everyone realized that "CallMeDomino" was actually the Toon of an employee. After the stream was over I talked to Moe again and told him I wanted to stream weekly. To show off the different things you could do in game, to get people as excited as I was about playing this overlooked gem.

My co-workers just couldn't understand why and when I tried explaining it to them (remember, at the time there were alot of jaded testers) They dismissed me. But in being who I am, I pressed on. There were times I wanted to flip my desk and up and out quit. There were times I laughed and cried. Times where I was over the moon and times when I was brought back to earth. But each and every time I've had here, I owe to my friend and Moe. If it weren't for them, I never would have fallen in love with this, a game which was at the time, panned and dismissed. But because of the drive of myself and a few of my fallen compatriots, we are now a game that my peers do indeed take seriously.

We are not a blip and flash on the radar. We are more. We are a community of some of the coolest people a guy could ever love to hate, hate to love, and above all else, love to adore.

Love you guys. Happy Anniversary

- Sean (aka Domino)

• iorransiorrans Posts: 56 Arc User
    I really like this game, my girlfriend and I spend much of our time having fun playing. I made many friends in the game and I hope to continue. Although some foreign suffer some prejudice by some players because they do not master the English language perfectly, we learn to deal with it with an effort to study a new language and at the same time learn the Forsaken World.

Giving up was never part of my goals, even if they insist. I will never give up.
    We are here to stay and get used to this idea.

I do not like people who just offend the other people.
    If you do not have anything constructive to opine then be silent is better.

by: XTC

Thanks for the event (Domino) :)

• jcoderajcodera Posts: 10 Arc User
    Began playing the game in October 2011, a little under five years. It's almost bittersweet thinking about it because I began playing this game with five other friends and now it's just me and another that still plays it.

I remember my friends and I discussing new games we could play since things were getting dry and I recalled seeing Forsaken World on the free to play listing on Steam. I pitched the idea to them and we all agreed to download it overnight and give it a go in the morning. I stayed up late that night however, just to get a feel for the game, since it honestly was the first mmorpg I've played in a loooong time. Hell, I was running around having trouble finding anything in Aurora County because I didn't know you could move your camera with the right mouse button (...yep.)

Then the next morning, my friends hopped aboard and I had to make a new character because I couldn't remember what server I made the original one was (...YEP.) We all got together in Freedom Harbor, teasing each other's characters because of how ridiculous some of us looked but went about doing quests together and tip toeing our way through our first instances by ourselves.

Then came Emperors Canyon. I remember jumping off the cliff and dragging all the mobs over to everyone and hearing them **** a brick after seeing the numerous mobs following me. We wiped lol. But the six noobs that we are were able to beat the instance together.

Then came the part where some of us decided to quit FW a little after we hit Lunagrant Woods. I did too but my boyfriend and I decided to come back a few months later, and soon after our priest friend as well. The three of us stuck together doing quests and dailies and going as far as trying to solo instances to grind our levels up to catch up to our friend, Iolar, who still stuck around even after everyone left.

Then came the time where we joined Avatar. It was a bumpy road in the beginning, but after coming out of my box little by little, I was able to make more friends that went beyond the ones I started with when I playing this game. Despite seeing friends and all around good people come and go from the guild and the game itself, there were still plenty of good times and belly laughs that I still hold dear.

This picture is from the party Avatar had before we lost Freedom Harbor. We decided to have a final group picture and posted in world chat that we were having a sort of "end of the world party" lol

...And now for something less sappy. I've made some video compilations of some friends and I having some laughs in FW.
    Warning: there's gonna be a few swear words here and there lol.

Avatar and Mjolnir's DT2 progression runs. Someone had an oops...

Shipping people's toons in world chat.

Herbert...

Avatar getting stuck in a hole during rift.

Some fun in the FHoF raid.

Self explanatory...

Getting spawn camped in an erc

Iolar dcing and expressing his rage

Aaannd more world chat shipping

Aaand that's it for my TL;DR post. Hope you guys get a good laugh from the videos lol. It's moments like those the main reason I'm still playing Forsaken World. I hope to make more friends and memorable moments like those.

• becky99#4782 becky99 Posts: 2 Arc User
    i remember when the game came out the first year i played it at first i had troubles but there was people that helped and i rememember them i hope the game stays as good as it is is and continues to grow more. i hope the people i miss alot on game are all good. i miss someone but i know thy are in my heart. i miss the old fw but the new one is good too lol..

:)))))))))))))) :smiley:
  • redmoonlight1redmoonlight1 Posts: 29 Arc User
    this game has brought me thru alot..it has given me a place to come be with friends and find REAL support from some....i lost my 14 year old daughter Alice to suicide, due to bullying on 4/10/14 and i truely am greatful for the many friends i had on this game that encourged me to keep playing and get my mind off all the horrible crapp that was happening in the REAL world...thank you to all of storm for your support and fun throughout the years...
  • dantedemise1dantedemise1 Posts: 15 Arc User
    i miss some of our old guilds. just tired of seeing good guilds die

• d4bigm4nd4bigm4n Posts: 75 Arc User
    Wow what to say. I started this game with 2 other friends in High-school. We all got to level 77 and got invited to a guild, where I eventually became a corp member in the first week and then a Vice in the second. I met so many people, made so many friends and enjoyed myself way too much. My two buds quit the game after getting to lvl79. They just didn't feel like it was the game for them. I however stayed because I made some good friends. I became great friends with the guild leader and still her friend to this day. First time i met her we just joined the guild and during a CF my buds dared me to embrace the guild lead so I did and became friends. Fun stuff! I was in the guild for 3-4 years, the guild is Temptationx. We started at the bottom and constantly grew and grew in numbers and strength, staying moderately high. Then after a year and half people started leaving or not coming on and the guild became harder to manage. We all pretty much took a break from the game for a while and then came back not as many as before, but a moderate amount of people, we built the guild up again, only for it to then fall because of fights within the guild etc. After a long time and pretty much what was left of the guild, we who remained left and joined a stronger guild, which the guild ended up merging with multiple and now we are all in separate guilds. It's sad but we all still talk and have fun. I've met knew people and made more friends. I've tried quitting this game a few times, most for 6 months, but always end up coming back. There's something about it that just always brings me back, and I love it.
    I'm not leaving the game not until it completely dies and i prolly wont if theres that small chance of the fabled server merge.
    Peace out!
    Eyrda server, BookerDewit

"BookerDewit: Blood Warrior"

• sedativexsedativex Posts: 148 Arc User
    Some nice old moments... :)

HOc2ScJw.png
    SEDATIVE_Mage | Soul_Savior | Hunicum | Illyfue
  • yosiasyosias Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    i remember when i started playing the game, took me a whole 3 days to figure out you could move the camera around
    after reaching lvl 30 i was getting pked at least once every 5 mins, that made me quit the game for a while but i eventually came back

i remember randomly meeting the girl i would spend the better part of 4 years annoying, kramerkat, some random gods trial party, not talking to her for a year, later randomly pming her and a week later getting married

after the spanish speaking guild i was in died, i decided to join IMMORTAL, the guild i quit quite a few times but always ended up coming back to, all the times we should have just died i like to think my sheer stuborness/dumbness made us keep alive even if barely, i still feel proud to be the leader that managed to finish our base than remained unfinished for 2 years

after meeting some friends i made in another server, finding them almost randomly made me so happy, so glad they decided to stay in here

but my favorite moment in the game was a patch between the nightfall update and the lycan one, when marksman got a small rework and made them a decent class, finally got free of all the %chances to stun/silence or be usefull at all

thanks for all the memorys forsaken world, may the never ending grind never stop but become more manageable at least!

Isock-Soul marksman since 2011
    Tlatsotsonki-light bard