ESO Shutdown Notice

lminmay
lminmay Posts: 2 Perfect World Employee
Hello, everyone. It is with great sadness that we announce the closure of ESO. Please see official announcement here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/arc/#/discussion/1202918/eso-shutdown-notice

Thank you,

LM

Comments

• xzyzek
    xzyzek Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Can't say I'm suprised, but somehow it will still feel empty after it's gone. After all I started playing this game soon after the release back in 2009. Been fun and I've met many fun and awesome people.

But to be honest, lately the best about this game for me, have been the memories of it. And that is when you know it is time to move on, if the past is the best. If I would make a list about fun things and my best memories, for sure most of them would be more than two years ago, most likely even three years ago.

I have no regrets about the time I've spent on this game, after all it been mostly fun. Even though the game been looking kinda depressing now at the end. I've done most of the things I wanted in game, last thing to do was to reach max level 150. Which I did not long time ago. Already the day after I hit 150, I started downloading another game as I was done here.

So yeah, this announcement don't upset me or making me sad in any way. Sure it will feel weird to not being able to log in on ESO anymore. But hey, it was fun as long it lasted. :)

~ Vanadzor
    Post edited by xzyzek on
  • xduskspiritx
    xduskspiritx Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm gonna be honest here but when I saw this it felt like my heart dropped. This used to be my all time favorite game back then and I'm really sad to see it go. I guess it's time to try and see if I can store enough pictures for memories. Hopefully one day a game like this will appear or so. I used to play this game all the time, but now that hardly any of my friends play it anymore I just stopped. I wish the devleopers kept working on it. They could've continued it but all things have to come to an end.

Well there goes two games I played and loved. At least there are new games coming in the future. Maybe there will be and outlet for players of the game to meet.

I enjoyed this game a lot and the highest level I reached was level 101..strange how I stopped there. I even started a new character but seeing that the games ending I guess there's nothing much left to do. The important thing is that everyone had a good time while it lasted.
  • bobywendy
    bobywendy Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm very sad to hear the news today. Although I have only been playing the game since July of this year.
    I play three other Arc games so I did not hear about it to today. I was wondering if anyone knows when
    the accounts will be credited for money spent after June 1 to Oct. 6.
  • siiiiii1o0
    siiiiii1o0 Posts: 1 New User
    This was my childhood. Back when it was just Ether Saga Online... I'm so sad to see it go
  • chickenpoodle
    chickenpoodle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    i heard from a couple players in game, there were mentions of a proposed merger between the two servers of fort and ancestral? whatever happened to that?

I feel like it would be a much more player friendly alternative to a full discontinuation to the game server...
  • xmashup
    xmashup Posts: 1 Arc User
    I played this for a while in 2012, I fell in love with the scenery and people in it. Every place felt like I was immersed it them. I stopped playing due to exams. 2015, november, I felt the sudden urge to download this game again...only to see this announcement being placed here. Can't lie, I am very upset, used to mean so much to me. I hope to see this game relaunched and updated frequently in the near future if it gets picked up again. I love you, Ether Saga Odyssey.
  • ramjot
    ramjot Posts: 5 Arc User
    This is a shame.
    Cant the developers sell to another developer?
    If I had the money I would buy it.
    I could then crowd source the development effort.
    Surely there are gamers who are developers who would love to spend some of their time working on fixes and improvements.
    I know I'm one.
  • padawan1
    padawan1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Crushed. I agree with ramjot, why is this being scrapped and not picked up by another developer... It would be nice to know more than we are being told but I guess seeing only seven responses here tells the story doesn't it. I will miss this game but it's a lonely place when you log in and play for two hours and never see another player.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 256 Community Moderator
    There's several reasons why another developer wouldn't pick it up. There's just as many reasons why they may not sell it out.

"Picking up" a title and starting new development isn't cheap. Where would the money come from? With an already decreasing playerbase, where do you expect to go?

Or maybe the current owner doesn't want someone else to profit from what they spent a lot of time and money on.

That's just the easy stuff. There's a whole lot more if you want to get into legal ramifications. Pages and pages of it.​​
  • applejooce
    applejooce Posts: 1 Arc User
    nah bruh
  • jeeps001
    jeeps001 Posts: 4 Arc User
    We should organize an event where all the players get together on one server and just hangout and say final farewells, while also making new friends... It's painful to see this game go, honestly the place it holds in my heart cannot be put into words
  • magicdisgea1
    magicdisgea1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Who would someone contact to discuss purchasing the game or maybe just giving it away since they are showing they do not want it anymore?
  • kagome1022
    kagome1022 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Me: Amarah from Fort Pheonix Server

While I've made this username out of favoritism of InuYasha because I couldn't come up with anything else, I played this game with excitement when I was able to play it for the first time at the age of 12. I made many friends, and enemies, but it doesn't mean that I hate them. All of whom I met were good people, I'm sad that this game is going, but not so much as happy, because this game needed to be put to rest for a few years now. I had many memories, so much laughter, and happiness. Unfortunately, this game has been driven into the ground, just like Rusty Hearts. When you truly have fun with a game, you notice a lot over time of what's been taken away. For all who know me, I play Vindictus, Elsword, and Swordsman. I'm Jazmaen, on the first two, and PnutBrittle (lol) on Swordsman. I hope to reconnect with whoever remembers me. Have a good day, and good luck to you all.
  • kagome1022
    kagome1022 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2015

nah bruh

Oh my God, AppleJooce. I saw you all the time XD
    You had the yellow rocker hair or something like that, that's all I can remember.
  • Really sorry to hear this is going away...
  • owarlock10
    owarlock10 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Im not gonna lie, this is verry upsetting to me and my girlfriend. ESO was a HUGE part of our lives for a long time, we met eachother, became friends and after years of playing together fell in love and moved in together all because of this game. Even after all the bad stuff that I have experienced in ESO with trolls and game drama, like everything that happened with Dissidia and other alliances, I will always have fantastic memories of Ether Saga and all the great people I have played with over the years. Its so sad to see it getting cut away like a tumor. ESO could have been so great with a little more attention and support. Im definately gonna have to find a server somewhere that picks it up and tries to keep the original feel. Im gonna miss you ESO thanks fr all of the fantastic memories, experiences, and all the fun.
  • lucindagalvez
    lucindagalvez Posts: 1 Arc User
    I feel like I kind of need to comment on this. ESO was the first game I had ever played from this company and my favourite, I've been playing it ever since it was just Ether Saga Online. I left it myself too a while ago, after coming back to it and not seeing much people, but in this game I've made a lot of good memories that I never want to forget. It was its destiny to close, I guess, but it's still really sad to hear about this happening. I'm gonna miss this game, the people I met, the fun experiences a lot. Thank you Ether Saga Odyssey for everything!!
  • poff44
    poff44 Posts: 1 New User
    I remember playing ESO back in 2009 when it released. I played with my stepbrother, who introduced me to it, and it was my favorite game of all time. It still is, to this day; and if I could go back and play it again I would. I originally played a shaman and got to level 52, but then my PC got a deadly virus and kicked the bucket. To find out this great game is going to be shut down (hopefully not for good and some dev company decides to pick it up), it breaks my heart into many pieces. :(
  • b013
    b013 Posts: 1 Arc User
    ESO has been the game I grew up with into adulthood so it holds an important part in my heart. I hate to see it being shut down but I'm happy that it's been put to rest in this kind of state rather in a worse one. I'm going to hold all the memories of the days I spent with friends, the friendships created, the fights, etc and I'll cherish it all. Thank you game developers for making this game and thank you all for being apart of it.
  • hamachialt
    hamachialt Posts: 1 Arc User
    I don't think it's fair for how you guys are giving the money back especially on FP server. There was little to no people around in June 2015 in our server because of the lack of people and how you admins didn't even update the cash shop. So basically not many people were buying a thing except for new players that fell for it. But however in 2013-2014 things were still being updated almost every month therefore lot's of people were still buying stuff including me(on this account at least). Now you guys pretty much sucked all of the heard earned cash from these people like some sort of piggy bank and are not giving it back. haha I don't think I'll be playing anymore of these games after ESO gets shut down if that's the case unless something similar in style is made. Also those so spent $900 or making their evolution pets maxed...just think about how much of that money you are all stealing from them. I'm pretty disappointing at that. But that out of the way I really did love this game the characters,pets and graphics were so well done. I made lot's of friends along the way and we all had a blast, it was up until pokari had a makeover is when people started to scatter including those friends I still miss them all. 2009-2010 is when I actually started playing on my main account, there was so many helpful people always ready to help me in a dungeon or a quest those were good times. Hope someone can bring this game back sometime in the future.
  • thfierying
    thfierying Posts: 3 Arc User
    Sad to see this game go, I started playing in 2009.

I will mainly miss the scenery and the monsters, not to mention the soundtrack. To remember it I've taken screenshots of all the locations, all the monsters (so i can draw them) and recorded the soundtrack to listen to even once the game is closed down
  • xzyzek
    edited December 2015

Sad to see this game go, I started playing in 2009.

I will mainly miss the scenery and the monsters, not to mention the soundtrack. To remember it I've taken screenshots of all the locations, all the monsters (so i can draw them) and recorded the soundtrack to listen to even once the game is closed down

Ah, I miss the feeling of discovering the world of Ether Saga the first time... The scenery felt magical together with the soundtrack playing the background. And it was a joy finding all the different kind of monsters on the journey through the world. I think ESO had what many games is missing - charm.

Anyhow. Can any GM/Mod say around which time ESO will shut down on the 4th? :)
    Post edited by xzyzek on
  • shadowolf#6441
    shadowolf#6441 Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2015
    Im starting to dislike MMO's, not because they're bad, but every time i find a good one, they're either VERY close to shutting down or arent as good as advertised, you can prob guess which ESO is :/ was looking forward to trying this one out.
  • thfierying
    thfierying Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    If anyone is interested, I have the soundtrack uploaded here - with screenshots of the locations within ESO~

• f0xybabe
    f0xybabe Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    @xzyzek
    > Can't say I'm suprised, but somehow it will still feel empty after it's gone. After all I started playing this game soon after the release back in 2009. Been fun and I've met many fun and awesome people.
    >
    > But to be honest, lately the best about this game for me, have been the memories of it. And that is when you know it is time to move on, if the past is the best. If I would make a list about fun things and my best memories, for sure most of them would be more than two years ago, most likely even three years ago.
    >
    > I have no regrets about the time I've spent on this game, after all it been mostly fun. Even though the game been looking kinda depressing now at the end. I've done most of the things I wanted in game, last thing to do was to reach max level 150. Which I did not long time ago. Already the day after I hit 150, I started downloading another game as I was done here.
    >
    > So yeah, this announcement don't upset me or making me sad in any way. Sure it will feel weird to not being able to log in on ESO anymore. But hey, it was fun as long it lasted. :)
    >
    > ~ Vanadzor

I will miss you and all the others, tho i stopped playing a long time ago. I will miss our first alliance and all the great memories. All our friends, i have to post this from one of my alts tho, maybe you will still remember me. Maybe not but i wanted to say a real goodbye when i took notice that this game will stop completly.
    Lizzy :(
  • xzyzek
    f0xybabe said:

I will miss you and all the others, tho i stopped playing a long time ago. I will miss our first alliance and all the great memories. All our friends, i have to post this from one of my alts tho, maybe you will still remember me. Maybe not but i wanted to say a real goodbye when i took notice that this game will stop completly.

Lizzy :(

liesbeth!?

• f0xybabe
    f0xybabe Posts: 2 Arc User
    @XZYZEK yes it's me :)
  • xzyzek
    edited January 2016
    f0xybabe said:

@XZYZEK yes it's me :)

Of course I still remember you! One of my first friends in ESO <3 I miss you and all the other people in Cookies, that was fun times (:
  • mecatrocueva
    mecatrocueva Posts: 2 Arc User
    Good bye you uglies, take care and have fun!

-Drackan
  • xmiinatsu
    xmiinatsu Posts: 1 Arc User
    Here's to one of my favourite MMO's before Odyssey.

EtherWolf, a member of the old Prodigy from Ancestral ^^

Categories