test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tormentor Talent Builds?

garlaanxgarlaanx Posts: 58 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Class Discussion
So there's no Tormentor section yet, posting here.. Move if need be in the future.

So best PvE Build? Discuss and Why

I initially went Hellfire as it looked to be the most DPS via the stacking DoT system then wiping them with Burnout - Rinse Repeat non-stop. As the Hellfire tree increases this tactic a good bit. My Demon was doing some series DPS at a mid-lvl with trash gear. But...

Now that I am looking at each tree more in depth, the Torture Tree appears as if it could be more PvE DPS than the Hellfire.

Looking at the talents, there is a lot more DoT Building / Crit / Extensions. Also the Torture tree looks to have more self healing capabilities

And lastly the Darkpact pretty much looks like PvP

As more and more people are getting their Demons to 70+ now... Discuss please?

Looking for the best PvE build
Post edited by garlaanx on
Storm Server

[90] Inferno Vampire - Garlaanx

<TeamVISA> Guild Leader

Comments

• sobe25sobe25 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I love the Torture tree.. The dot building and multidotting mechanics are something I've missed from my wow warlock for years.

The damage is insane on solo with max dot stacks and the self healing keeps you alive like nothing else. Only drawback is simple aoe, if you are lazy its better to stick to single target lol.
    xn855c.png
    Created by my amazing wife!
  • garlaanxgarlaanx Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No one else want's to discuss this? The new class?

or are you all to good to show your secret builds? :P

Still been toying with Hellfire, I still like it, but most likely to switch to Torture at 85+

Torture seems better for raiding... Hellfire seems as if it's better for farming/grinding.. with all the AoE Fire, Etc.

Maybe I'll just make another toon and have one of each lol... Dual Spec takes too long
    Storm Server

<TeamVISA> Guild Leader
  • IStealth - EyrdaIStealth - Eyrda Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcor8pJgM_Y Posted this a while back and re-posting to show the crazy dots torture tree does, hence I went torture with mine. The stats on this demon has no wowing effect but the damage does.... I can imagine what a full +12/80+ mast etc. torture demon can do~
  • tutilake88tutilake88 Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    garlaanx wrote: »
    No one else want's to discuss this? The new class?

or are you all to good to show your secret builds? :P

Still been toying with Hellfire, I still like it, but most likely to switch to Torture at 85+

Torture seems better for raiding... Hellfire seems as if it's better for farming/grinding.. with all the AoE Fire, Etc.

Maybe I'll just make another toon and have one of each lol... Dual Spec takes too long

Well, right now it's Hellfire for my little demon baby all the way. But she's 76 and still a long way to go. And I'll be honest, when I read Hellfire tree I was so mesmerized by all the crit rate, dmg, and attack increase that I didn't even study the Torture tree yet... :D

I'll have a proper look at it when it's lv85 most likely, but for now it's Hellfire hands down.
    jh93qt.jpg
    EvilSheep - Lv100 Dark Vamp - Illyfue
    Here since July 2011 <3
    <Balerion Slayer>
    <First In Server! Freedom Harbor Recovery Army>
    <First In Server! Terminator of Dark Dragon>
    <First In Server! Terminator of Khnum>
    <First In Server! The death of The God of Disaster>
    <Bloodletting Dispeller>
    <Decisive battle with the Bloodletting Beast>
    And another pile of never ending titles... Hue...
  • XaNVonKlauz - NyosXaNVonKlauz - Nyos Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well i began with darkpact one, is pretty awesome, but i didnt want a melee class! It's interesting for co op pvp. From my point, hellfire is the best pve tree, still, all the 3 trees are nice for any purpose. About torture, has an enormous amount of dmg, but still is slower than the others in terms like HR... so maybe is not the best choice for early game farming and building, just a matter of choices, u can pvp and pve with all them.
  • sculacciapaperesculacciapapere Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't know if is good enough for pve or if i've missed something

but actually due to considering hellfire the best PvE tree i've worked on something like this :

Burn 5/5
    Heart Burning 5/5
    Incinerate 3/3
    Burning Ire 4/4
    Enraged Pyre 4/4
    Inferno Rain 4/4
    Inflame 3/3
    Flame of Abyss 4/4
    Burning Down 4/4
    Pyrokinesis 4/4
    Lava Heat 4/4
    Fire Step 3/3
    Ignition 2/2
    Ember 5/5
    Undying Heartfire 2/2
    Flesh Burn 3/3
    Akdala Follower 3/3
    Doomsday 1/1
    Doomsday Stretch 4/4
    Scorched land 3/3
    World End 1/1

Suggestion / Correction and some other tips are welcome T;Cool
    edited February 2015
    sobe25 wrote: »
    I love the Torture tree.. The dot building and multidotting mechanics are something I've missed from my wow warlock for years.

i know that feel bro.... Affliction warlock here!
  • ocelotl12ocelotl12 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well i began with darkpact one, is pretty awesome, but i didnt want a melee class! It's interesting for co op pvp. From my point, hellfire is the best pve tree, still, all the 3 trees are nice for any purpose. About torture, has an enormous amount of dmg, but still is slower than the others in terms like HR... so maybe is not the best choice for early game farming and building, just a matter of choices, u can pvp and pve with all them.

Well I am trying Torture tree with my demon, it looks really nice to play with. The first time in HR was really nice (reached floor 10 without reset). I agree that Hellfire is good for PvE. However, I like the DoT of Torture stacks + Burnout. Can't wait to reach lv75 and see Soul harvest Skill.
    edited February 2015
    Alright, so yea.. I started out as Hellfire. I liked it... The AoE / Crit Damg / Attack DoT's where pretty insane. This tree should be able to crush HR pretty fast with +12/80 Mastery

If you like AoE killin mobs / Farming / etc - then yea, this tree is for you.

I however did switch to the Torture tree and love it. It's basically single target DoT's, but they are beyond insane. With trash gear and +6 gear with no gems, I was doing 5k+ a tick non stop. It tears thru stuff.

But alas, Not very friendly in HR.. With the gear mentioned above I was able to get to floor 14 before having the bat's tear me apart. The self healing is decent, but not enough to keep ya alive. Maybe eventually when you start maxing soul power stuff, the healing will get better. But yea, the damage right now is insane... I can't even picture Torture Demon with full +12/80 Mastery and lvl 3-4 wings. 25-30-35k a tick Dot's? With Crits? Yes please.

I've also heard that Demons have been nerfed pretty bad on CN.. so I would expect that to happen here eventually lol.

As far as Darkpact.. Not interested. It's more for PvP than anything.
    Storm Server

<TeamVISA> Guild Leader
  • AeonRuin - LionheartAeonRuin - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have Lv40 Earth Mastery on my Demon and I tick 9-15k

DO NOT SPEC BURNOUT IF YOU GO TORTURE! Waste of points.
    edited February 2015
    Well Torture tree looks more for tanking and taking aggro.

Which gems would you suggest for Torture tree?
    edited February 2015
    I have Lv40 Earth Mastery on my Demon and I tick 9-15k

DO NOT SPEC BURNOUT IF YOU GO TORTURE! Waste of points.

So do you suggest not to point Annihilation talent? :((
    edited February 2015
    ocelotl12 wrote: »
    Well Torture tree looks more for tanking and taking aggro.

Which gems would you suggest for Torture tree?

Ragefires would be he best bet since Torture is all about increasing base attack to make the DoT ticks more effective since they are based off of a percentage of your attack. Everything else is up to you.

Hellfire would want Ragefires, Goldsparks, and Shattershards because their Ignite stack's DoT ticks are attack based and their crit chances increase Ignites DoT ticks damage even further. Also, may as well up crit damage if you are becoming crit focused.

I have the same selection of gems for all classes though so this isn't something I thought about changing.
    ocelotl12 wrote: »
    So do you suggest not to point Annihilation talent? :((

Yes because you can spend those points in other areas that will benefit you further.
    edited February 2015
    Ragefires would be he best bet since Torture is all about increasing base attack to make the DoT ticks more effective since they are based off of a percentage of your attack. Everything else is up to you.

Hellfire would want Ragefires, Goldsparks, and Shattershards because their Ignite stack's DoT ticks are attack based and their crit chances increase Ignites DoT ticks damage even further. Also, may as well up crit damage if you are becoming crit focused.

I have the same selection of gems for all classes though so this isn't something I thought about changing.

Yes because you can spend those points in other areas that will benefit you further.

Interesting... could you elaborate a little bit more about tormentor talent build please? I would like to check it with some options I have :)
    edited February 2015
    I'll post my Torture Tormentor Build when the servers come back up.. I don't know it off hand and the FW talent calc hasn't been updated with Tormentor yet so I have to manually type it out.
    Storm Server

<TeamVISA> Guild Leader
  • wolfenstormwolfenstorm Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I went the route of Hellfire, but I am certain I messed up the tree build because I never know what I am doing without a guide to follow. xD

edited February 2015
    I'll post my Torture Tormentor Build when the servers come back up.. I don't know it off hand and the FW talent calc hasn't been updated with Tormentor yet so I have to manually type it out.

Fwcalc.com is not yet uptadet, you have to type it manually like i did ..
    edited February 2015

this is my theorycraft

it have 8 free points , due to no Annihilation and no Dusk

Deepened Pain 5/5
    Demonic Torture 5/5
    Pricking 4/4
    Styx Ferry 4/4
    Evil Breath 4/4
    Infernal Sorrow 3/3
    Cursed Seed 4/4
    Netherworld shock 4/4
    Cease Heart 4/4
    Styx Ghost 3/3
    Abusive intention 2/2
    Heartless 3/3
    Cruelty 2/2
    Gift of the Styx 2/2
    Bloodmeld 3/3
    Soul Harvest 1/1
    Soul Melt 4/4
    Wraith Explosion 3/3
    Hatred 2/2
    Embrace of death 1/1
  • gatalinaggatalinag Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    my game name is MooneyAshling
    ive been playing since the game first came out so far I made a tormentor Ive tried out both hellfire and torture I like both but I love my hell fire tree once I get higher level I will post a talent tree of mines but as of now my main is my mage I love the hellfire tree because of the nice AoE and Crit Dmg its awesome the dmg is unbelievable I saw in this thread someone posted a hellfire talent tree you don't need heart burning that's useless to put points into just to reduse their resistance enless your trying to PvP with the toon you want to focus on your Dmg/Dps you can put those 5 points into something better that will give off more damage. torture is more for tanking but it doesn't matter you can tank with a hellfire tree to it all depends on how you set your tree up the gems you put into your gear and how hard you work on putting a lot of masteries and resistance into the character itself
    edited March 2015
    http://fwcalc.com/demon-tormentor/#W-W-W-

is now updated with tormentor calc...
  • rzr13rzr13 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    is the demonic torture talent in torture tree worth getting over evil breath?

http://fwcalc.com/demon-tormentor/#W-CUA7sppAZzSj3zSbbP200T0TT68888-W- my build
    edited March 2015
    rzr13 wrote: »
    is the demonic torture talent in torture tree worth getting over evil breath?

http://fwcalc.com/demon-tormentor/#W-CUA7sppAZzSj3zSbbP200T0TT68888-W- my build

Do mean "Is it good to rune Evil Breath?" Because if so, yes. All torture bleeds are highly potent on attack so increasing it in any way is a big plus.
  • rzr13rzr13 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the torture tree talent brutality is not working at times.. some times it does but not always..
  • Ryuue - Storm LegionRyuue - Storm Legion Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Question about Torture talents: namely Styx Ghost. It says it (styx ferry) reduces the target's casting time. Does that mean ur buffing whoever ur attacking by increasing their cast speed? (if ur reducing casting time that means they cast faster)

Or does this mean that it reduces the casting time of Styx Ferry?

Also regarding the decision between annihilation talent and abusive intention (I've noticed that there is a recommendation against annihilation), what are the pros/cons of each?

For me abusive intention has a 3 minute cooldown (180 seconds) but allows u to turn painful torture into an AoE DoT. Whereas annihilation gives u a hellfire like burnout spam but with 20% ur atk.
  • Ryuue - Storm LegionRyuue - Storm Legion Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the torture tree talent brutality is not working at times.. some times it does but not always..

cud that be because of the 60 sec cooldown?
  • eberg33keberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Question about Torture talents: namely Styx Ghost. It says it (styx ferry) reduces the target's casting time. Does that mean ur buffing whoever ur attacking by increasing their cast speed? (if ur reducing casting time that means they cast faster)

Or does this mean that it reduces the casting time of Styx Ferry?

Also regarding the decision between annihilation talent and abusive intention (I've noticed that there is a recommendation against annihilation), what are the pros/cons of each?

For me abusive intention has a 3 minute cooldown (180 seconds) but allows u to turn painful torture into an AoE DoT. Whereas annihilation gives u a hellfire like burnout spam but with 20% ur atk.

All of the skills that "reduce" target cast time are mislabeled: styx ghost, gut drain, and nether lament. They increase the cast time, useless in pve but useful in pvp.

Correct.
    cud that be because of the 60 sec cooldown?
    The trigger isn't 100% when its off cd, some people say it only procs when the killing blow is styx but I've tested it and its not. It also doesn't work at all in hellroad. I specced out of brutality before trying it 12s so dunno if it works there or not, but not working in hr was enough for me to move the points.

As for the debate on Annihilation, I've found that when I have all my dots up, the earth dmg from hellfire is about the same as a tick from soul harvest. I personally love it. And I have annihilation and abusive intention.

Edit: My build for now http://fwcalc.com/demon-tormentor/#W-CCs77ppZZpSjazbjbk202T0Bh66h88-W-
    When I get more runes in mental abuse/torture mastery I'll shift points to Soulless Body.
  • conterkillerconterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    O.o rofl.. idk what u guys doing but i use brutaity all the time.. in both pvp and pve!! .-.

• eberg33keberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    O.o rofl.. idk what u guys doing but i use brutaity all the time.. in both pvp and pve!! .-.

Good to know it works in pvp, watch for it in hr. Me and a guildie tested it, it never procs. And, outside hr, when the cd ends, it wont proc 100%.
  • conterkillerconterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eberg33k wrote: »
    Good to know it works in pvp, watch for it in hr. Me and a guildie tested it, it never procs. And, outside hr, when the cd ends, it wont proc 100%.

Hmm..well when i tested it proced normally.. the thing is that the talent i worded kinda badly..

its not Any kill that procs it.. only Direct Damage kills proc it.. no dots.. or reflect kills..