test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How useful are prec mm nowadays?

Lumydia - Storm LegionLumydia - Storm Legion Posts: 33 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Marksman Discussion
Old player returning here so I'm not familiar with the new 80+ instances and stuff besides the new Freedom Falls stuff. Anyway, I'm wondering how useful prec mm are now because I just see a bunch of requests for aoe classes/builds these days. When I asked a guildy he suggested I go hybrid prec/burst (which I currently am), but the problem is I don't think I can keep this up for very long with my poor gear and being one of the few free players limits me on getting decent gems (NC is my only source of income). I'd really like to go prec but not if I don't have much use for helping guildies for that one boss every once in a while.
Post edited by Lumydia - Storm Legion on

Comments

• Isock - EyrdaIsock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    honestly precision is one of the best supports in instances, now that you get salvo or absolut bombarment skill at 85, aoe isn't much as an issue as before

any group benefits from a precision marskman, specially on bosses

if you have problems getting gold, level up your mining and farm fusion gems materials to sell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lumydia - Storm LegionLumydia - Storm Legion Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. Currently 79 atm so I'm still a ways from 85. How would I go about doing HR (for gate, luck daily) with a lack of aoes though? I don't want to have to wait till 85 to get a Cornerstone for the aoes.
  • Isock - EyrdaIsock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    max the demon defense, then its attack, she can take care of most rooms whit large number of mobs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meadowcat - ShyliaMeadowcat - Shylia Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Replying a bit late, but I'm soul and I really struggled with AoE in Hell Road. Here's what I did

I beefed up my pet and bought him a purple AoE competence. He does a lot of damage, dies, regens and tries again. Stocking expensive pet health pots and food keeps him going longer. He keeps some the agro off me.

I also had to put mastery points in earth to beef up my aoe rather than fire for my single shots.

Third thing I did was keep swapping targets rather than taking down one and moving on. This was before we got the new AoE skill, so you might not need to do that now.

PS and of course Doubleshot on the aoe's.
  • ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pure precision works great in kinda all situations. great spec overall, go for it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo