I know I don't post too often on the MM forums. I don't have much time to do posting, but thanks for your comments Guns, Isock, and a few others. After slacking for so long on my character with a Burst / Prec awful hybrid build, bad outdated runes, and way behind on gears... I'm finally motivated to change my character and be useful outside of PvE which is all I have been good for since Night Fall.
I'm going to try full precision and your input has helped a lot. I haven't been Precision in over 2 years so can't wait to see what it's like now. Hoping to survive the occasional 1v1 after switching spec, hoping... Gear very outdated. Currently using War God mostly (5 set bonus), war god shoulder, got 85 zod equipped, 1st piece of 85 champ helm currently working on and prioritized thanks to ESHM yesterday, and ele hands being worked on. I'll try and make some comment with my new spec after I play with it the next couple weeks. I am not on too often so I'm sure I'll need 2-3 weeks of playing to feel competent commenting.
Anyways, thanks to all the active MM's that have helped keep this forum up to date to help slackers like myself.
A - PvP / B - Precision / C - Group Support and Utility / D - PvE capability are my main concerns from most important A to D least important with my new changes.
Things I've always wondered about: Usefulness of:
1) Burst Talent - Soul Resistance 4/3 ??? anyone ever try it, might be worth it with Soul Resolution duration going from 10 > 15 sec. Perhaps definitely for a Soul Build with double shield.
2) Stone Smelt 4/4 or 5/4 - I realize very situation-based with need of careful timing to be effective. Best used within an arena team, or solid party of friends? Anyone ever give it a go and see what it's like?
3) Soul Guidance - rare as hell rune at least on Eyrda. I only know of OneShot having it. No one answered Isock's previous post, does it even work ?
4) Weakpoint Tag - If going 6/5 ie. using a rune slot for an extra 2 second mark duration, 5 > 6% defense reduction, and 15 defense. sounds lame, gotta be something better?
5) I agree on what Guns commented mostly for rune priorities for Precision, but I am so far behind on runes I'd be interested in suggestions for replacements on, until that glorious day comes I get any one of these below.
1x Master Sniper
1x (True) Encourage - don't think anyone on Eyrda has this tbh
4x Soul Guidance - as rare as Master Sniper on Eyrda.
6) With Forsaken Falls Class Balance. I've noticed they're trying to boost Soul Spec effectiveness again, how does the new balance factor in to a Precision vs Soul MM. Just by glancing at the updates, all of the changes will benefit a Soul MM, whereas Precision / Burst MM's get only a few benefits. Also taking into account Iron Skin nerf, don't know much about that, just heard someone mention it, as well as Soul Resolution going from 10 > 15 seconds, soul bullet regen with CST on, and increased Soul Bullet from QR. Sounds really nice for MM in general, but definitely all Soul contributions.
7) Lastly perhaps, some of you could comment on the viability of 85+ gear sets or mix and matches. I'm aiming to be useful in PvP like the good ol days pre-NF for me LoL. There aren't too many #1 main character MM's left on Eyrda. Me, Isock, Gwenny ? Krogun and OneShot are the best geared, rich bishes, but either not their Main or under New Ownership and no longer a main, so need input from other server MM's how to best mix and match 85+ gears for my goal. I can only have 1 set as well, I don't have +12 gears waiting to be used for a second set unfortunately.
Long post, so i'll cut it off, and comment later with more questions.
Thanks for any and all input, suggestions, thoughts, and ideas!