test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pure Shadow Assassin.

SharpFang - EyrdaSharpFang - Eyrda Posts: 232 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Assassin Discussion
Because I dislike Hybrids, How should a pure shadow assassin build look? From analyzing the tree the main thing that it focuses on is speed and evasion. Though I know how useful speed can be (Who hasn't felt the pain of a water bard?) I'm a bit worried about how to do any damage with it.

So what should I focus on in my build? I came up with this real quick, http://fwcalc.com/lycan-assassin/#_RvPT3atlTBpZgGjC

Also, I heard how you shouldn't do Eva unless you commit fully to it. If that's true, wouldn't that make swift eva pretty much useless unless you go full eva? Can't you just get some eva so that SE can be used as a trump card?

Also, made this troll build that is focused on assassinate.http://fwcalc.com/lycan-assassin/#URK2FKmaTPU7BBpAgl3U

between Lycan transform, Soul Power, and 0 CD, how fun do you think it would be to spam Assassinate non-stop xD?
Post edited by SharpFang - Eyrda on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Because I dislike Hybrids, How should a pure shadow assassin build look? From analyzing the tree the main thing that it focuses on is speed and evasion. Though I know how useful speed can be (Who hasn't felt the pain of a water bard?) I'm a bit worried about how to do any damage with it.

Now, I'll say upfront that i have no first-hand experience of pure Dark sins, so i cant help much with the builds.
    Use Venom runes to boost your damage, especially Sudden Strike.

Also, I heard how you shouldn't do Eva unless you commit fully to it. If that's true, wouldn't that make swift eva pretty much useless unless you go full eva? Can't you just get some eva so that SE can be used as a trump card?

Can't always rely on your base eva to get you through if it gets debuffed. SE still makes a great survival tool.
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wouldn't go with assassinate focused build, its not a very strong skill and its the wrong element.

With venom runes (Hurried Pain + Sudden strike) you can get thrust of pain to 0.5s cooldown with much better damage on the right element ( 145% base with +9% crit, 0.5s with 42% to trigger rapid shadow) much more effective, and a large change to reset your finishers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A few talent that i dont find much of usefulness.

Speed flash. It sound good to have that skill and probably good skill too, but when you use Swift Eva your main point is to kill while you still can, not to run away. You dont farm orb with swift eva on, that is totally overkill/overuse of skill. but only 2 talent point so, dosent matter if you use it and have extra speed.

Stealthy theory, the good thing is it give loong range for sleep, but not nesessarly need to max it, just get it so you know at what range you can sleep people.

Phased action, skill discription sound very good, but the only problem is you need help of a person you wanna kill for it to trigger. it is good at mass pvp were no one see anyone. But that skill is not as useful vs good player.

All above talent arent that bad to have but there is a little more important talent that you should consider having.
    -Art of hunting, it reduce Deadly chaser cooldown up to 12sec with 1 more run.
    -Wind speed, reduce CD of Shadow gale by 20sec, if you are human shadow sin, this skill is a must, shadow of gale give you immun to slow effect.
    At arena you will be able to use thouse 2 skill about 2 time each round if you have decend gear and timing.

Then MASTERY
    There is 2 way to build your chars. Either focus on physical mastery or Dark mastery. Either is fine and there is a different trick to make use of it. but Dark will give you more extra dmg, physical could give you extra cirt rate on all skill.

If you want to focus on Physical mastery, your main skill will be Throat seal, assasinate(extra), Flair and nightmare termination(Dark nightmare for silence at pvp). Also you should have at least 35 Fervor energy on your soul power skill and it will give you extra cirt rate. You could have Feral Cruelity rune to make use of TS more.

If you focus on Dark mastery, there is many more rune to boost your dmg, but you wont get much from soul power tree. Rune are Suddent Strike 4, Huried pain 5, pain of nightmare 4, Darkness Expert 4, Dractic banish 4(if you want), Darkness poison and pain amplification arent bad to have either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]