test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Venom Talent Debate

iamamazing2iamamazing2 Posts: 35 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Assassin Discussion
I was Edge/Dark with the swift evasion and came to crutch on it alot.

Planning on going venom and basically wondering(i am not eva gear) if its still viable spec as no eva and is it also viable to lose mutilation to get swift eva.

I have 2 sets of talents that i made:

first is without swift evasion: http://fwcalc.com/human-assassin/#KmTUaZA3gbbUMZHRK2O

Runes are:
=venom=
Strike of Pain
Sudden strike
Hurried Pain
Intensified Nightmare
Dual Stings
pain of nightmare
seed of agony
darkness expert
lurking sting
=edge=
Ghost shadow
=dark=
rapid attacks 4 or 5 assassination mastery runes

with swift evasion: http://fwcalc.com/human-assassin/#KmTUaAA3gbbsMGqRK0Tv9
haven't really planned runes for it
Post edited by iamamazing2 on

Comments

• BalthazarF - ShyliaBalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    need abomination 3/3, other than that, it s good i think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Get mastery talent Killer of Darkness, rather than that strength fortification. Also there is no need for Dual sting as you will always have max orb anyway. Intensified nightmare is also good to have. Ofc you plan them the way that make use of rune talent.

For hybrid the same rule apply, but i am not sure if you want to have Swift eva as lvl 1 only. If you have got more than 2 rune of Darkness expert, you can start to have more SE lvl and also keep Seed of agony.
    So at Hybrid use minimal talent 45+2+x point till u get +seed of agony + darkness expert. i myself am not even sure if that Seed of agony is worth it at real balanced pvp if enemey is good player too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamamazing2iamamazing2 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Get mastery talent Killer of Darkness, rather than that strength fortification. Also there is no need for Dual sting as you will always have max orb anyway. Intensified nightmare is also good to have. Ofc you plan them the way that make use of rune talent.

For hybrid the same rule apply, but i am not sure if you want to have Swift eva as lvl 1 only. If you have got more than 2 rune of Darkness expert, you can start to have more SE lvl and also keep Seed of agony.
    So at Hybrid use minimal talent 45+2+x point till u get +seed of agony + darkness expert. i myself am not even sure if that Seed of agony is worth it at real balanced pvp if enemey is good player too.

http://fwcalc.com/human-assassin/#KmtUagA3g6lCM7qRK0TU9
    is the talent i came up with I already dropped darkness expert lower to get SE after i saw lvl1 was pretty worthless

=venom=
    Strike of pain
    hurried pain
    sudden strike
    pain of nightmare
    lurking sting
    pain amplification(maybe)
    Intensified Nightmare 2
    Darkness Expert 3
    seed of agony

=edge=
    Ghost Shadow

=dark=
    Rapid attacks 4 or 5 assasination mastery runes
    stealth theory(maybe)
  • Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    imo if you're not eva, then not much point dropping so many damage boost talents for just SE

talent points in Throat Cut can be replaced with runes with Drastic banish, with a .5 sec cd on ToP + Shadow Assassin(rapid attack runes help even more), you'll be able to spam Throat Seal very easy, and save those 2 points in more important talents
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • iamamazing2iamamazing2 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    imo if you're not eva, then not much point dropping so many damage boost talents for just SE

talent points in Throat Cut can be replaced with runes with Drastic banish, with a .5 sec cd on ToP + Shadow Assassin(rapid attack runes help even more), you'll be able to spam Throat Seal very easy, and save those 2 points in more important talents

I was edge not eva and had swift eva and it makes a world of difference in 1vMany given the first set i linked with 1/4 was not worth it but if i drop darkness exper and just use runes for it I can get 4/4 SE which is worth it. Those 2 points are needed to get to SE or i could put it into assassination mastery. Basically no matter what its the same outcome just runes flip flop around.
  • Viscom - EyrdaViscom - Eyrda Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All this is very interesting to see.
    edited March 2014
    All this is very interesting to see.

It's an interesting build, but it strikes me as a little half-baked with little focus on anything but SE and the ability to spam ToP a little.

But that's just because i see venom builds as being: 'Go big or go home' types whether it be cc/cd built or acc
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • Vaira_Sant - Storm LegionVaira_Sant - Storm Legion Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    and to think a year ago every one said the venom tree was trash and pve only and veno sins were very rare to see now the most common edge/darks are starting to hop over to veno's. got to love those patch updates T;Cool
    Storm-Legion Server
    Vaira_Santia 80 Dark Assassin
    VaileaRen 80 Light bard
    KeirenDraven 80 Blood Vampire
    NeroVexys 80 BloodLust Warrior
    Amytiel 77 Aegis warrior
    FyrreStorm 77 Fire Mage
    TsukiMyst 74 Divine Priest
    Selendrah 78 BloodWind Reaper
  • Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    and to think a year ago every one said the venom tree was trash and pve only and veno sins were very rare to see now the most common edge/darks are starting to hop over to veno's. got to love those patch updates T;Cool

It is still rare to see and people still go Venom only for PVE or for fun xD. There is still like 1-2 Venom sin on each server and rich people ofc might have it as secoundary tree for PVE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014

I will always and forever be the pve venom sin nub:p
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • SirReaver - Storm LegionSirReaver - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Venom is quite nice for PvP with Seed of Agony dealing poison damage based on the target's HP. If you can just build the resistances to withstand the damage, some decent mastery, and rune out with Nyos, you'll drop Vamps, Wars, and Prots with ease.

If you plan to go down Venom, I would NOT put any points into Lurking Sting. It's not that good and your points can be better spent on other talents in the tree. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Venom is quite nice for PvP with Seed of Agony dealing poison damage based on the target's HP. If you can just build the resistances to withstand the damage, some decent mastery, and rune out with Nyos, you'll drop Vamps, Wars, and Prots with ease.

If you plan to go down Venom, I would NOT put any points into Lurking Sting. It's not that good and your points can be better spent on other talents in the tree. :)

agreed.

I had lurking sting since the start of game, and now i've dropped since i have Mutilation in my rotation now. It's soooo much better and so much fun. The amount of slows and silence you can drop can get insane.
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta