test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Venoma assassin tree

Kiright - ShyliaKiright - Shylia Posts: 16 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Assassin Discussion
Hello !

I would to change my assassin, i play an hybrid assassin ( Edge/Dark )

Before restart my talent, I wonder if this tree is correct, have your opinions. is to make pve / pvp :

http://fwcalc.com/human-assassin/#KmtUajg3g6bG77BR-

Thank for your help ;p
Post edited by Kiright - Shylia on

Comments

• Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pure venom is for pve mainly

venom/dark, for the shadow assassin talent is much better to combine with pvp.

you didn't have Abomination (great talent for your finishers) but when you do it requires some drastic banish runes to be used for the maximum efficiency

Strength Fortification is junk, very little bonus.

Dual Stings isnt needed really because you'll generate orbs very very fast

Link: venom/dark

venom/dark has more focus on ToP spam(for crit + silence effect) and finisher damage
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • Impoa - EyrdaImpoa - Eyrda Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    for strength fortification it depends, if you have relatively high base attack, it can give a decent boost. but usually not a lot for most people.

I'm not so sure on abomination, but since you have shadow assassin to trigger rapid shadow, you will be able to generate blast orbs. abomination won't work for someone who can't spam throat seal a lot.

Wouldn't you add venomous blade (assuming you need mutilation as well) for extra slow effects? I know mutilation isn't as strong but it's 4 hits and slows. Slows and deadly chaser are vital to be able to prevent kiting and to keep your opponent close since unlike the edge tree, you don't have as many stun/silence chances to keep them under lock.
  • Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    for strength fortification it depends, if you have relatively high base attack, it can give a decent boost. but usually not a lot for most people.

it's a very minor bonus, at 2/4 i think i got like a 30 attack boost back when i tested it.
    I'm not so sure on abomination, but since you have shadow assassin to trigger rapid shadow, you will be able to generate blast orbs. abomination won't work for someone who can't spam throat seal a lot.

You don't even need to Throat Seal alot, 1-2 Throat Seals in a few seconds is more than enough with enough Drastic Banish runes + Rapid shadow effect. I used to doubt the usefulness of Abomination long time ago, but since Nightfall when runes came along, it is *very* easy to get 2-3 blast orbs within 2 seconds, Drastic Banish runes and rapid shadow effect help immensely.
    Wouldn't you add venomous blade (assuming you need mutilation as well) for extra slow effects? I know mutilation isn't as strong but it's 4 hits and slows. Slows and deadly chaser are vital to be able to prevent kiting and to keep your opponent close since unlike the edge tree, you don't have as many stun/silence chances to keep them under lock.

I mostly rely on Darkness Poison slow effects, 10%(or 15% with lvl 4) slow isn't amazing, but it helps enough and it works with all Dark attacks, and 100% chance. Plus, if you go venom/dark you won't have Mutilation, and Flair is rarely used so the usefulness of Venomous Blade is lowered.

Choosing Abomination over Venomous Blade is just maximizing the amount of damage finishers can deal.
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta