test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A few question about venoma.

Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Assassin Discussion
Well i changed to venoma about 2 week and i have got some question related to it.

First question is how to make best single target dmg, after becomming venoma it feel like attack skill got no cooldown at all and no idea which skill to use. For now i am using skill just based on howmuch dmg they do.

In pve, this is how i use skill, assuming I always keep full 4 agony orb all time, which i almost always do. Top,LS(sometime),DN,ToP,Multilation,NT,ToP,Pitch,DN,,Multi,NT,top,pitch,DN at HR boss room. I use TS and LS whenever i got time(I am kindred so LS drain HP and i avoid to use it at solo place usually) Then use TS sometime to increase poison and DN dmg.

ToP, Thrust of Pain
LS, Lurking Sting
DN,Dark Nightmare
Multi, Multilation
NT, Nightmare Termination
Pitch, Pitch

So question is is Multilation and NT worth using at all(AT HR PVE 40-41 BOSS ROOM)? Multi is better than Flair and it increase poison, NT got poison, but i got no physical mastery and its dmg is half of DN dmg+dot. Should I use TS at all at pve even thought one blast can increase 35% basic att on DN but worth wasting 1sec on casting it? Currently i am stuck on hr room 40-41 with boss have 10% hp left.

Secound is pvp related. Darkness Expert
Talent calculator say "inflict bleed effect on target and reduce target mastery by 60" at 4/3.
In game talent say "60".
At both place say increase dark bonus dmg by 40% at 4/3.
But when i play and use dark skill, it does not inflict bleed at all, nor it reduce mastery of target(Exept when i use NT it inflict NT bleed and reduce mastery for 5sec)

At the moment i got Darkness poison at 0/3, Do i need to use Darkness poison to trigger the mastery reduce effect? or Does it work at all?

Will i need Darkness poison effect to trigger Dyos poison? or it 16% chance+xx is the only thing that matter to trigger Dyos poison?
Post edited by Nyos - Nyos on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    personally i use a venom/dark build but the basics remain the same. Dark for the +9% ToP crit chance. but i lose Mutilation, which in my opinion isnt good. yet(until 90 update comes).
    So question is is Multilation and NT worth using at all(AT HR PVE 40-41 BOSS ROOM)? Multi is better than Flair and it increase poison, NT got poison, but i got no physical mastery and its dmg is half of DN dmg+dot. Should I use TS at all at pve even thought one blast can increase 35% basic att on DN but worth wasting 1sec on casting it? Currently i am stuck on hr room 40-41 with boss have 10% hp left.

In my opinion, Mutilation isnt good to use, still a bit low damage and the bleed from it doesnt work on bosses and 1% of its hp in bleed doesnt make a massive difference.

NT is a bit more useful since it works on bosses as well, but unless you have Abomination AND the ability to spam and/or gain blast orbs quickly, via rapid shadow from Shadow Assassin in Dark tree, or Drastic Banish rune (i use both, easy to get 2-3 blast orbs in a few seconds) then the bleed from NT won't help too much.

right now, since you are pure venom, you dont have rapid shadow effect, so if you want to stay pure venom you need Drastic Banish runes to generate blast orbs quickly to make use of abomination and upgrade your NT bleed/ DN damage.

typically the only time i use NT in PvE is when DN is in cooldown
    Secound is pvp related. Darkness Expert
    Talent calculator say "inflict bleed effect on target and reduce target mastery by 60" at 4/3.
    In game talent say "60".
    At both place say increase dark bonus dmg by 40% at 4/3.
    But when i play and use dark skill, it does not inflict bleed at all, nor it reduce mastery of target(Exept when i use NT it inflict NT bleed and reduce mastery for 5sec)

At the moment i got Darkness poison at 0/3, Do i need to use Darkness poison to trigger the mastery reduce effect? or Does it work at all?

either it's bugged or wrong description, but most likely bugged. it's been like that for a long time.
    Will i need Darkness poison effect to trigger Dyos poison? or it 16% chance+xx is the only thing that matter to trigger Dyos poison?

target needs to be bleeding first
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • Ronyon - Storm LegionRonyon - Storm Legion Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, I'm not certain about the kindred version but the human version of Darkness Expert does reduce masteries. They call it a "bleed effect" but it's just a debuff.

It is possible that it's a debuff tied to the dot effect from Darkness Poison. I've never skipped Darkness Poison so I wouldn't know for sure. Could be you've discovered yet another incorrect talent tooltip.