test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Dark Sin build.

vyniusvynius Posts: 66 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Assassin Discussion
So, here is my build. Feedback is appreciated.

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t3a25t3b13t3b23t3c13t3c24t3c44t3d12t3d23t3d34t3e21t3e43t3f21t3f31t3g21t3g44t3h11t3h33t3i11t3i33t3j12t3j43t3k23t3k32t3l21

The idea of my attack is to come in with Deadly Chaser, do a few Thrust of Pain and Throat Seal attacks for orbs then use Shadow Protection, Swift Evasion, and Blade of Hypnosis on the opponent to collect any orbs, use Vicious Intention and then Dark Nightmare from Stealth for maximum damage.

I don't know what all the runeable skills are yet so a list of those would be nice.
Post edited by vynius on

Comments

• DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Couple things:

I would take Ghost Shadow over Swift Stalk, Swift Stalk only increases the bonus evasion you get in stealth not your overall evasion, and running full speed in stealth is really useful.

I would lower persistent chase to 1/3 and max art of hunting

and I would put at least one point in contract of blood, its quite useful as it will remove sleep and transform

From your tree it looks like you're planning to go evasion (if you're not ditch all 4 points in shapeless) while evasion build can be good its only really good if you have full evasion gear with evasion/double evasion IDs and evasion rings/soul power everything. If you're not full evasion don't bother, 1/2 evasion might as well be no evasion (full evasion is really expensive to do well)

As for the scenario you described, it sounds good in theory but in reality you would only get a couple orbs off those 1st few attacks and then your DN from stealth wouldn't kill them unless they're really squishy, and you just blew every single one of your cooldowns within 20 seconds and you're screwed.

runable dark skills off the top of my head: swift stalk, ghost shadow, assassination mastery, art of hunting (bit rare), adv. shadow protection(rare), rapid attack, stealth theory, focused maneuver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • d3adlyshad0wsd3adlyshad0ws Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been playing a sin since beta, I call tell you a few things about your plan for pvp. You don't want to lead with deadly chaser, because it unstealths you, and you just wasted your skill to get yourself to your target trying to get away from you.

Also you only use shadow proctection if your in trouble and you have to get out of line of sight. your best thing to lead off with is shadow bites, because that skill can only be used while stealth. It hits 3 times so sometimes your get a few orbs from that.

Being dark your going to need to focus dark mastery, so spamming ToP is key for you build which comes in hand with runes like (hurried pain which mine has a cd of 0.50 seconds and that is 5/4, Sudden strike is also key for max damage of ToP, an extra 40% of your base attack really comes in handy) With having Hurried pain 5/4 you don't have to take the chance of rapid attack, you could just eliminate your points that that skill completely.

A Secret- art Agony rune would be nice for you, so you can get agony orbs before you attack

True seed of agony would be very nice for you- but i've been looking for seed of agony rune forever and still haven't found one. Or a true Lurking sting, to have another dark based skill
    edited January 2014
    I've been playing a sin since beta, I call tell you a few things about your plan for pvp. You don't want to lead with deadly chaser, because it unstealths you, and you just wasted your skill to get yourself to your target trying to get away from you.
    Eh this is only partially true, the cooldown is halved when you use from stealth, so its not as bad, and if used from far enough away its a guaranteed 2s stun (only stun dark sins get) making it a pretty good opening move.
    Also you only use shadow proctection if your in trouble and you have to get out of line of sight. your best thing to lead off with is shadow bites, because that skill can only be used
    while stealth. It hits 3 times so sometimes your get a few orbs from that.

Yeah shadow protection is an 'oh-****' button most of the time, don't waste it unless you need to.

Shadow bites is another great opener for orbs+chance to silence, depends on the situation.
    Being dark your going to need to focus dark mastery, so spamming ToP is key for you build which comes in hand with runes like (hurried pain which mine has a cd of 0.50 seconds and that is 5/4, Sudden strike is also key for max damage of ToP, an extra 40% of your base attack really comes in handy) With having Hurried pain 5/4 you don't have to take the chance of rapid attack, you could just eliminate your points that that skill completely.

A Secret- art Agony rune would be nice for you, so you can get agony orbs before you attack

True seed of agony would be very nice for you- but i've been looking for seed of agony rune forever and still haven't found one. Or a true Lurking sting, to have another dark based skill
    The Hurried pain and sudden strike runes are really nice, but the build you describe is pure dps and completely ignores CC, making it great for PvE but not so good PvP

Rapid attack is essential for being able to spam throat seal for blast orbs, and resetting the cooldown on DN so you can silence frequently. Hurried pain+rapid attack is amazing.

A True Secret art agony rune would be nice, but I don't think it'd be that important and I'm pretty sure seed of agony isn't runable. True Secret art blast might be more useful for starting with silence on DN, but I suspect that is also almost impossible to find.

True Lurking sting wouldn't be worth it either as without the talents to improve it its worse damage and agony orbs than just using ToP twice, with the same/longer cast time and much longer cooldown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Federico - Storm LegionFederico - Storm Legion Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Eh this is only partially true, the cooldown is halved when you use from stealth, so its not as bad, and if used from far enough away its a guaranteed 2s stun (only stun dark sins get) making it a pretty good opening move.

Yeah shadow protection is an 'oh-****' button most of the time, don't waste it unless you need to.

Shadow bites is another great opener for orbs+chance to silence, depends on the situation.

The Hurried pain and sudden strike runes are really nice, but the build you describe is pure dps and completely ignores CC, making it great for PvE but not so good PvP

Rapid attack is essential for being able to spam throat seal for blast orbs, and resetting the cooldown on DN so you can silence frequently. Hurried pain+rapid attack is amazing.

A True Secret art agony rune would be nice, but I don't think it'd be that important and I'm pretty sure seed of agony isn't runable. True Secret art blast might be more useful for starting with silence on DN, but I suspect that is also almost impossible to find.

True Lurking sting wouldn't be worth it either as without the talents to improve it its worse damage and agony orbs than just using ToP twice, with the same/longer cast time and much longer cooldown.

I'm a dark sin from Storm and I dont open with deadly chaser, only use if the person runs away is it nice for that 2 second stun. Shadow bites is a great opener for the silence chance and I feel True Secret Art blast is better for silencing than agony.

I do agree with Delta though, there's no point in describing an eva build unless you're dedicated to it. I havent finished my double eva's yet but its kinda full eva or no eva. I do spam throat seal + DN for silence locking so rapid shadow is great man.
    78 - Full Dark Assassin.
    77 - Dark Vampire
  • vyniusvynius Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, I am going to go with a full Eva build btw and try get all my IDs with Evasion.

I was thinking of starting with Stalking Shadow, Shadow of Gale(The speed buff), and Deadly Chaser for 3 stacks of Advanced Maneuver(These stack, right?). After a few quick Throat Seals to get like 3 Blast orbs(Use Thrust of Pain if the Rapid Shadow chance failed for another chance for instant cooldowns + each orb would give a speed bonus which would stack onto Advanced Maneuver), I would force stealth(Would add a stack to Advanced Maneuver because of the speed bonus) and gain the last orb for maximum effects then use Blade of Hypnosis right away, collect orbs, use Swift Evasion and Vicious Intention then Dark Nightmare.

Question: Does putting points into Ghost Shadow remove the movement speed penalty or just take off an amount per point to end up running 7.5% faster than normal at 5/5?
    edited January 2014
    vynius wrote: »
    Yeah, I am going to go with a full Eva build btw and try get all my IDs with Evasion.

I was thinking of starting with Stalking Shadow, Shadow of Gale(The speed buff), and Deadly Chaser for 3 stacks of Advanced Maneuver(These stack, right?). After a few quick Throat Seals to get like 3 Blast orbs(Use Thrust of Pain if the Rapid Shadow chance failed for another chance for instant cooldowns + each orb would give a speed bonus which would stack onto Advanced Maneuver), I would force stealth(Would add a stack to Advanced Maneuver because of the speed bonus) and gain the last orb for maximum effects then use Blade of Hypnosis right away, collect orbs, use Swift Evasion and Vicious Intention then Dark Nightmare.

Question: Does putting points into Ghost Shadow remove the movement speed penalty or just take off an amount per point to end up running 7.5% faster than normal at 5/5?

Assuming you're talking about focused maneuver, no it does not stack. and and the speed bonus from orbs with belief of speed doesn't trigger it or it would be essentially permanent.

again shadow protection is an oh-**** skill don't waste it to grab orbs, and you're still using all of your cooldowns at once, which is fine if its a duel I guess, but it'll leave you really vulnerable otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vyniusvynius Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh lame! I thought they stacked! D: Hm... I will have to rethink some things then...

Ok, so how does this look?

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t3a45t3b13t3b23t3c11t3c24t3c44t3d13t3d23t3d34t3e43t3f21t3f31t3g21t3g44t3h11t3h21t3h33t3i12t3i33t3j12t3j43t3k23t3k32t3l21

Edit: Just saw Belief of Speed and kept the points there because I don't like people trying to run away.
  • Dannyy - LionheartDannyy - Lionheart Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seed of agony rune does exist. just extremely rare. only seen 2 on lionheart.

also contract of blood is a typo. its not immune to all cc. only a few. doesnt even dispel silence QQ.
    edited January 2014
    Seed of agony rune does exist. just extremely rare. only seen 2 on lionheart.

also contract of blood is a typo. its not immune to all cc. only a few. doesnt even dispel silence QQ.

It doesn't dispel silence, but if you have it up it does make you immune.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vaira_Sant - Storm LegionVaira_Sant - Storm Legion Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It doesn't dispel silence, but if you have it up it does make you immune.

Silence and Disarms still goes through a CoB. Does break sleep, trans, and dark bonds if you want it to most the time i just sit there in db anyway, yay eva. It can also help against wars stuns and mostly as a life safer if used on time against the pesky edge sins stun lock of doom. And that's if they don't be cheesy and just (panic sleep) sheath vi gouge anyway.
    Storm-Legion Server
    Vaira_Santia 80 Dark Assassin
    VaileaRen 80 Light bard
    KeirenDraven 80 Blood Vampire
    NeroVexys 80 BloodLust Warrior
    Amytiel 77 Aegis warrior
    FyrreStorm 77 Fire Mage
    TsukiMyst 74 Divine Priest
    Selendrah 78 BloodWind Reaper