test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Venomous Blade

YggdrasiI - Storm LegionYggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Assassin Discussion
Really, most of the guides are so old and out- of- date, they make absolutely terrible advice. Note this build was intended for PvP but fairs well in PvE as well. Reposted from elsewhere.

I've had a couple of people PMing me asking what my tree looks like, so here:

• 6/5 Ghost Shadow
  • 5/4 Assassination Mastery
  • 6/5 Strike of Pain
  • 4/4 Killer of Darkness
  • 4/3 Pain of Nightmare
  • 4/3 Sudden Strike
  • 5/4 Hurried Pain
  • 4/4 Lurking Sting
  • 3/3 Advanced Lurking Sting
  • 3/3 Blood Burn Strike
  • 1/2 Toxic Strike
  • 4/3 Pain Amplification
  • 3/3 Pain Strike
  • 4/3 Darkness Poison
  • 2/2 Amplified Endings
  • 4/4 Strength Fortification
  • 2/2 Offense Break
  • 1/2 Secret Art- Agony
  • 2/2 Intensified Nightmare
  • 3/2 Seed of Agony
  • 3/3 Darkness Expert
  • 3/3 Venomous Blade
  • 1/1 Mutilation

• 2 ghost shadow
  • 1 strike of pain
  • 1 pain of nightmare
  • 3 sudden strike
  • 1 pain amplification
  • 2 darkness poison
  • 1 seed of agony
  • 1 hurried pain
  • 5 assassination mastery

Build Breakdown:

Ok, I can already hear the "oh, but this skill is a waste of points" and such. Just because a build is put up doesn't mean it fits your play style. This build fits my play style and accomplishes what I was looking to do. So what is Zol trying to do? Glad you asked!

[*]Maximize bleeds.

As far as I can tell, bleeds are not effected by crit dodge, crit defense (they can't crit), divine shield or even sonata of water. This is guaranteed damage, no matter how miniscule. This includes Mutilation, which places a debuff that increases poison damage taken to the target, inflicts a bleed because it's a dark skill, and bleeds the target for 1% of it's MAXIMUM HP. Ouch; the more HP you have, the more this will hurt. The most optimum time, and my absolute favorite timing for Mutilation: catching a vampire right after Bloodrite.

Those partied with me in 12s have probably noticed I'm not afraid of jumping into Feasts purposely to kill vampires. That is why- I want to catch them with Bloodrite still active.

The more bleed damage I do, the more it will return to me in heals.

Keep in mind, bleeds compliment the damage you do with your attacks. Poisons also scale with your wrath.

[*]Maximize Seed of Agony.

Think of seed of agony as a crappier BoR. It's single target and only goes into effect every time the target attacks. This is similar to just maximizing bleeds. These bleeds, however, drain 10% of the target's current HP with every attack with 4 agony orbs. Combine this with the fact that you can stack 3 seeds.

A new stack of Seed of Agony resets the timer.

[Thank you Cosette for being my test subject~]

[*]Exploit extra damage.

"Assassination mastery"- the hell? Alright, let me explain. Everyone uses MP and obviously, skills do more damage than auto attacks. Derp, right? Why not to try and exploit that? Granted, I'm not rebel priest with those insane drains, but I can drain and add half of that drain as attack damage. A mage with 42,000 MP will be drained around 3,000 MP and add 1,500 damage on top of my normal skill damage and bleeds.

Of course, this isn't as effective on, say, another assassin or a warrior. However, putting those runes in wasn't to focus on those classes. It was actually made as an anti- priest and mage measure. Oddly enough, you'd be surprised at how often priests or mages don't seem to use mana serums (or are they always in cool down?).

[*]Get a spam- able Thrust of Pain.

This was an important one. This skill does several things:

Being Dyos, my dark skills have a 20% chance of interrupting a target's skill at 90 energy. Not a large percent, but enough to make it highly annoying should it proc often enough.

Remember that Assassination Mastery? Guess what- it's effects are on Throat Seal and Thrust of Pain.

Agony orbs. If nothing else, agony orbs. It's fast, it's spam- able; give me those orbs for those finishers ASAP.

[*]Maximize Lurking Sting

The highly regarded useless skill in question. Only, it's not so useless if you set up for it. Think of it similar to bloodlust warrior's skills: it drains HP to add as damage. That's exactly what Blood Burn Strike does. It is the only skill to gain additional accuracy in the venom tree.

[*]OMG that Pitch.

I've heard of people overlooking this skill.

Foolish.

Pitch is a guaranteed interrupt- enough time to give you that one extra attack that could mean life or death. Being the build I am, it is not uncommon for me to see a 25,000- 50,000 pitch kill a mage across the room (and then seeing the text of "omg hax reported"). Either or, the point here is this skill makes pitch hit harder and gives a guaranteed interrupt/ silence.
[Taken from vexxers combat log on 8.27.2013:]
u0wn.png

[*]Maximize stealth speed.

I still run around in stealth just because I walk faster in stealth than I do outside of it. Seriously, I hate the movement penalty stealth had and I'd rather keep my speed buff for a time I really feel I need it.

[*]Debuff, debuff and buff.

You'll noticed that I actually took the time to put points in raising my attack. This is one of the main 'pros' I heard about venom- it had the highest base attack out of the three trees.

Toxic Strike reduces defense of targets not at full health. On a server with maximum resistances, I figure reducing defense will help increase my damage. If nothing else, this can be tossed to the side of PvE and help take down bosses that much quicker.

Darkness Expert increases your dark damage while reducing the target's masteries.

[*]Keep those orbs!

Getting 80% chance to not use up agony orbs on use of a finisher is amazing. Seed of Agony drains 10% of the target's current HP every time they attack (four agony orbs and runed to 3/2).

Each agony orb adds attack. This, again, goes along with the most heard of pro of venom, so keeping agony orbs just means higher damage in general.

[*]AoEs

You heard me. An assassin with an AoE- venom is the only assassin tree with this ability. Nyos makes all targets attacking you suffer poison damage as long as Nyos's Poison/ Blood are up. As part of the Dysil's Wrath expansion released 11.27.13 on official, Mutilation has gained a 90 degree AoE arc.

[*]Add some stability to so many instabilities.

Venom is a tree of chance; a gamble, if you will. If you crit, your target is silenced. Your dark skills have a chance of interrupting the target. Dyos' Poison has a chance of resetting the cooldown on Deadly Chaser. Your dark skills have a chance of activating Dyos Poison.

You'll notice I did NOT opt for dark's rapid shadow effect on Thrust of Pain just because it'd be adding one more gamble. The added critical chance is nice, though.
Soul Power, Equipment and Other Notes

I picked Dyos. I found that the interrupts, with even only a 20% chance of happening, to be more valuable to having immunity to controlling effects.

I also went with accuracy and health armor. I wanted to add as much as I could to Lurking Sting while being able to hit evasion builds. Accuracy and critical damage with more accuracy IDs over critical damage due to venom lacking any real accuracy boosts. (IE: Acc/acc/ crit damage VS acc/ crit damage/ crit damage.)

[No pet buffs, no gemlights, no ID'd fashion, no pray buffs, etc. Armor IS 100% reforged. Nyos and Dyos soul trees are 100% completed. Updated 12.3.2013]
o96f.png

My second rune energy was fervor. Every time I use a physical attack, it adds 1% critical chance, up to 10 stacks. For annoying characters, or even Hell Road, between Flair, Assassinate, Nightmare Termination and Throat Seal, it's easy enough to cycle through those attacks for added critical chance and possible silences [on players].

Venom has no dependable silences or stuns. This is probably one of the biggest turn offs for players, especially those used to edge or edge- hybrids. At it's core, I'd have to say venom is more like a constant DPS race- kill them before they kill you.

Maybe you've noticed already, but in case you haven't, ALL of my rune slots were used to have very specific skills. Most were kept inside the venom tree. I don't expect others to mimic my build- again, it fits my playing style and what I was trying to accomplish and nothing more. This post was mainly made to show others what my personal tree looked like as I had gotten quite a few of these PMs, both inside and outside of the game.

I do actually encourage others to try venom. It's a little difficult to adjust to at first, but once you do... Oh it's so much fun~
m336.png

Pick Your Poison
I've continued to receive a few PMs asking about gear, runes, possible skill rotations and Nyos or Dyos. I'll try to cover some of the more frequent things I've been asked.

[*]Equipment

As I have mentioned before, venom assassins do not pick up extra accuracy from rune energy or their skill tree besides points invested into Lurking Sting. This makes anything other than accuracy builds very hard to succeed.

Evasion can be increased within the venom tree, but they all seem to stem off of Shadow Protection or Vicious Intention. In other words, no lasting boosts which means you'll be relying heavily on what you can muster from your equipment, IDs in both gear and fashion, trinkets and offhands, rings and necklaces as well as pet buffs. This also includes going down Nyos to max out evasion and switching over to Dyos for the full evasion buffs. If you honestly do go this route, I wouldn't suggest just settling for 4 evasion on your fashion.

Stacking critical chance is very desirable on a venom assassin. Any time you crit with Thrust of Pain, Lurking Sting or Mutilation, your opponent is silenced for 3 seconds. With a Hurried Pain rune, this could easily demolish anyone not stacking critical dodge. However, again, you will need to be able to hit them. Players that stack evasion will remain a constant bane. The same will apply to any venom that stacks critical damage; you will hurt when you hit- if you hit.

Health, critical dodge or critical defense are good complimentary stats along with accuracy. It's hard to tell which one to pick here. Against edge assassins, stacking critical dodge or defense will help immensely as most rely heavily on getting criticals off to kill you. Be aware that your lower health will still make you very susceptible to a warrior's Sacrifice. Of course, even with 89,000-92,000 health fully buffed, even I have been one- shot with Sacrifice from a warrior not at full health. All I can really advise here is pick what you think would be cost effective and more functional for your play style in the end.
  • Nyos or Dyos (see matching color for pros)
Awards extra evasion if Nyos evasion is maxed (standard on all characters);
Awards extra accuracy if Dyos accuracy is maxed (standard on all characters);

[I'm aware that Nyos and Dyos award stats other than evasion and accuracy when their respective counterparts are leveled. However, evasion and accuracy are the main things I am asked, so that was my focus.]

Venom- Nature
Both increase slow and bleed effects; both are effected by rune energy levels;
Dark skills have a chance to trigger Dyos Poison; causes target's casting time to be reduced (says, but not actually sure if it's a misprint); heals the amount of bleed damage done to the player character; Dyos Poison can be triggered more often with higher rune energy;
Dark skills have a chance to trigger Nyos Poison; when attacked by a bleeding target, their bleed effect turn into Nyos Blood and will slow them and reduce their max HP every second; if the target is a player character, you will be healed an equal amount to the bleed; stacks up to 3 times; health loss from Nyos Blood is increased by rune energy;
Dyos Poison has a chance to reset Deadly Chaser's cooldown; your dark skills have a chance to interrupt the target; interrupt chances are increased by rune energy;
Nyos Poison has a chance to reset Deadly Chaser's cooldown and make you immune to controlling effects; chances are increased by rune energy.

Edge- Fervor (listing only up to level 2 rune energy bonuses)
Both have blast orbs increase accuracy; accuracy bonus from blast orbs are increased by rune energy;
Physical skills trigger Dyos' Blade; each Blade increases your critical chance by 1%- up to 5 times;
Physical skills have a chance to trigger's Nyos' Blade; Blade increases your next attacks critical chance; critical chance increased by rune energy.

Dark- Wisdom
Both increase the effects of Vicious Intention, Swift Evasion and Shadow of Gale; increases durations and decreases cooldowns; increases effects of Stalking Shadow; increased duration based off of rune energy.
Stalking Shadow, Shadow Protection, Gale of Shadow and Vicious Intention give Dyos' Shadow; Dyos' Shadow gives a chance to remove all controlling effects when you evade an attack; chances of removal increased by rune energy.
Stalking Shadow, Shadow Protection, Gale of Shadow and Vicious Intention grant Nyos' Shadow; Nyos' Shadow has a chance to make you immune to all controlling effects; chances of becoming immune are increased by rune energy.

[*]Invaluable or notable runes to consider

I'm not going to tell you how to build your runes anymore than I've told you "oh, pick Nyos" or "oh, pick Dyos." It's all up to you; however, I can show you runes that may compliment your venom trees.

Hurried Pain I covered before in my personal build above in red text. Since both Nyos and Dyos heavily rely on dark skills triggering poison, it's best that you use as many dark skills as you can. Having Thrust of Pain's cooldown reduced even further accomplishes this.

Darkness Poison guarantees that your dark attacks will inflict a bleed. Both Nyos and Dyos have effects that happen only when your opponent is bleeding. Again, why add another gamble to your venom build when there are already so many?

Pain of Nightmare allows you to keep your agony orbs after using a finisher. Bump this up to an 80% chance and you'll really notice the difference in your DPS.

Seed of Agony goes hand in hand with Pain of Nightmare. The more agony orbs you have, the greater the bleed inflicted on your opponent. As long as you don't use your finishers back to back, you can easily place 3 seeds on a target.

Intensified Nightmare and Darkness Expert were both runes I heavily considered for my build before deciding upon Assassination Mastery. They fall under the category of buffing by debuffing. Both skills help further to cripple your opponent by reducing their masteries or their resistances and increasing your damage in some form.

Stealth Theory runes are now immensely more viable as Vicious Intention no longer removes stealth. The runes only worked when using Vicious Intention in stealth- basically being in Shadow Protection to stay hidden (as using the skill won't remove your combat stealth) or using the skill, get uncovered and quickly attack your opponent before they could react to your sudden appearance.

[*]Skill rotation

This is something I don't really believe in, especially in PvP. However, I will usually follow a couple of rules I've imposed upon myself when it comes to skill use.
  1. Open the assault with Throat Seal;
  2. Do not use finishers back to back;
  3. Save Deadly Chaser for mages. If someone flees, LET THEM- you'll find them later and slay them;
  4. Use Vicious Intention and Deputy of Death sparingly (if you've watched my videos, you can probably count on one hand how many times I used either buff).

[*]Races

Lycan, kindred or human? Well, to be completely honest, I've never looked at human assassin's skill tree for venom and PWE's talent calculator is horribly out of date. However, from the looks of it, kindred and human are similar, if not identical, for venom. Lycans, however, receive the short end of the stick when it comes to the poisonous tree.

Agony orbs have a chance to not be consumed when a finisher is used outside of werewolf form. If the text is actually correct, while you are anthropomorphic (aka "normal"), finishers will have a chance to not be consumed, but once transformed, they will vanish like you did not put points into the skill.

Night Hunter (aka Darkness Expert) triggers mastery reduction only in werewolf form. Unless maxing this skill out with the inclusion of a Darkness Expert rune allows you to stay in werewolf form for seconds on end, this puts a lycan venom assassin at a disadvantage.

Unlike a lycan, humans and kindred will always have a chance to not consume agony orbs. Unlike lycans, humans and kindred can reduce your masteries with any dark attack at any time.
Also, would appreciate it if no one used the white dagger I designed to split apart the two sections without my consent.
Post edited by YggdrasiI - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• d3adlyshad0wsd3adlyshad0ws Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Your build is really close to my build, I'm going the War god gears for the extra 75 mastery, my ids i want are acc, acc, crit dmg or chance, my fashions are crit chance. For now i have 3 piece tok for acc bonus, and 4 pieces of war god for acc bonus as well. Extra 75 acc is nice. but i will lose some acc once i go full war god.

You have more crit chance and damage than I do, but i'm still far from where I would like to be.

I don't have the assassination runes because most mages i rune into they die very fast. Highest critical i've gotten was 107k with my Dark Nightmare skill. But you do have a nice guide for new comers.

And I agree PITCH skill comes in handy a lot, can't tell you how many people I kill even without a crit hit with that skill when they are running by. T;Moustache
  • Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    good guide/build

personally i've ran toward the venom/dark section of venom, which pretty much focuses on the more silence/finisher side of venom rather than the bleed.

yes bleed is one of the points of venom, but unfortunately, too many of it scales with wrath, so unless you have RH, Nightmare Termination, Seed of Agony, and possibly Mutilation(as venom/dark i forfeited mutilation) all do less bleed damage than what is printed. So i decided to move away from that aspect and move towards maxing Shadow Assassin for the bonus +9% crit chance on ToP. And it works pretty well, an easily spammable move with high crit chance is super handy.

Also noticed you didnt have Abomination, but i guess at the same time its not that useful for you since you dont have much focus on building up blast orbs. Pre-Nightfall i didnt like Abomination, but once i got runes for Drastic Banish combined with rapid shadow from Shadow Assassin, it became very easy to generate 2-3 blast orbs in a short amount of time. And the amount of damage that Dark Nightmare can do with it is AMAZING. With Abomination you're NT bleeds also increase too(although i only use NT against waterbard/divine priest shields).

With an easy stream of blast orbs, silence locking someone is possible, granted that the person does not have a very high crit dodge(which are very very few on Storm, and havent run into too many problems yet with X-Server). Pre-Nightfall i would have never imagined venom having the ability to shut someone down through cc. Since ToP and LS now have typically high crit chance, easy blast orbs make DN a good source of silence, and the interrupt + silence of Pitch is invaluable.

Either or, the point here is this skill makes pitch hit harder, gives a guaranteed interrupt... and as I logged in to check the skill, realized it gives a silence if you have 3 or more agony orbs (even if it is 1 second).

Pitch will silence for 1 second no matter how many agony you have and that one second invaluable since it allows enough time for a TS + DN combo off the bat.
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • YggdrasiI - Storm LegionYggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I remember looking down the dark tree and seeing that rapid shadow could reset finishers and how amazing that would be for venom. Unfortunately, for what I wanted to do, I felt that going that far down into dark would be detrimental.

Redhand does scale poison damage, but not very much. Even with 90 rune energy, my poison does 110-660 damage. It is not like a fire mage that can go from 3,000 tick burns to 13,000 tick burns. However, the build was to capitalize on all of venom's benefits. That poison combined with seed of agony stacks and mutilation's health drain can make that health tick by faster than what it all looks like. A venom sin with redhand is a very scary thing for most.

As you said, I didn't find a real use for Abomination. Usually between pitch, lurking sting and that 2 second silence from 1 blast orb for Dark Nightmare, you can stagger is just enough to make it annoying for the opponent.

I will also admit that where this character was created and tested, it is very common to find priests with 50% crit dodge or 400% critical defense. Not to mention bloodlust warriors with 90 energy that can still use a 10 second Sacrifice even under controlling effects. Realizing this, the build had more of an emphasis on the bleed damages because silencing your opponent is just not always an option. Especially when dealing with bards that cannot be controlled at all (like water with their shield, wind with voice of freedom runed to have 0 cooldown, or a light bard with Dysil's Wrath buffing as it essentially casts a water bard's shield on their entire party).

Yes, Pitch does have a 1 second silence no matter the orbs.

I am a little curious as to what your build is as it'd seem very interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]

edited November 2013
    Warning: Wall of text

im nowhere close to being at the optimal case in stats/runes so ill put up my current build and what i aim for

Tree (Current):
    Venom
    5/4 Hurried Pain
    4/4 Lurking Sting
    2/2 Shadow Evasion
    3/3 Advanced Lurking Sting
    3/3 Pain Strike
    4/3 Pain Amplification
    3/3 Lurking Impact
    3/3 Darkness Poison
    2/2 Amplified Endings
    2/2 Offense Break
    3/2 Secret Art-Agony
    2/2 Intensified Nightmare
    2/2 Advanced Secret Art-Agony
    2/2 Seed of Agony
    4/3 Darkness Expert
    3/3 Abomination

Dark
    ______
    5/5 Ghost Shadow
    3/3 Shadow Assassin
    1/4 Assassination Mastery

Edge
    ______
    4/3 Drastic banish
    1/3 Hypnotic Aggrevation
    1/3 Swift Counter

Runes(Current):
    Secret Art Agony x1
    Swift Counter x1
    Drastic banish x4
    Hurried Pain x2
    Darkness Expert x1
    Pain of Nightmare x1
    Assassination Mastery x1
    Sudden Strike x2
    Hypnotic Aggravation x1
    Strike of Pain x1
    Pain Amplification x1

quick explanation on things that may seem off:
    short story: im a broke bum that can only improve a little at a time.

long story: Shadow Evasion -- I was testing this to see if the 3000 evasion boost would last for 6 second...it didnt, its bugged and doesnt work right. saving up for a talent compass to fix it up later on.

Higher focus on Secret Art-Agony -- I know generating Agony orbs quickly with ToP may be important, but i figured I could lessen that dependability with SA-A and its follow-up talent maxed, Pain Amplification maxed, as well as the important Pain of Nightmare maxed, I could simply use SA-A every 20-30 seconds and keep a (nearly) permanent 4 agony orbs at my disposal at any time before, during and after combat.
    SA-A cooldown would be 20 seconds, Agony orbs last 32 seconds like this.

Filler Runes -- Hypnotic Aggravation and Swift Counter, as well as some duplicate venom runes that do nothing but increase energy, are there just to boost energy until i find a more appropriate rune, mostly because of cost restraints.

now for what my goal is
    Tree (Optimal):
    Venom
    4/4 Hurried Pain
    5/4 Lurking Sting
    2/4 Killer of Darkness
    3/3 Advanced Lurking Sting
    3/3 Pain Strike
    4/3 Pain Amplification
    3/3 Lurking Impact
    3/3 Darkness Poison
    2/2 Amplified Endings
    2/2 Offense Break
    3/2 Secret Art-Agony
    2/2 Intensified Nightmare
    2/2 Advanced Secret Art-Agony
    2/2 Seed of Agony (3/2 SoA would be awesome...if it wasnt an adv. rune only talent)
    4/3 Darkness Expert
    3/3 Abomination

Dark
    ______
    5/5 Ghost Shadow
    3/3 Shadow Assassin
    4/4 or 5/4 Assassination Mastery

Edge
    ______
    4/3 Drastic banish

Runes(Optimal):
    Secret Art Agony x1
    Drastic banish x4
    Hurried Pain x1
    Darkness Expert x1
    Pain of Nightmare x1
    Assassination Mastery x5
    Sudden Strike x1
    Strike of Pain x1
    Pain Amplification x1
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • BalthazarF - ShyliaBalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ....It is not like a fire mage that can go from 3,000 tick burns to 13,000 tick burns. ...

13 000 tick????????? who, what, where?????? Oo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    13 000 tick????????? who, what, where?????? Oo

It is possible. I've been on the receiving end of those burns. Lol it's not pretty!

@Idolon Is your build evasion based? Right now I'm running around in Acc/ Hp gear with Acc/ Acc/ Crit Dam IDs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]

edited November 2013
    @Idolon Is your build evasion based? Right now I'm running around in Acc/ Hp gear with Acc/ Acc/ Crit Dam IDs.

acc based. Currently using the 5 piece Wargod set and 3 piece Hero Set. for the mastery/acc boosts.

Typically aiming for triple acc IDs
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
    edited November 2013
    It is possible. I've been on the receiving end of those burns. Lol it's not pretty!

lol no its not possible, ive got the biggest burn of shylia, and its 1900 a tick. If i stact 10 of them, then yes, its possible^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    lol no its not possible, ive got the biggest burn of shylia, and its 1900 a tick. If i stact 10 of them, then yes, its possible^^

Hrn. I'll have to re-check as I might have noticed the accumulative burns rather than the actual tick. I don't know if I can replicate it as the person who did it quit and I never asked what their build was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]

edited November 2013
    believe me, its not possible. You can stack about 10 of them in 10sec, that would be 130 k. we could os the biggest warrior with burns^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, it was my mistake. I got my friend to give me his build and fooled around on my little fire mage. The burns came out to be around 1,800 a tick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]

• Viscom - EyrdaViscom - Eyrda Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So the described effects of Dyos poison at 70 energy only starts calculating at 70 energy and above, not at 0 energy and above.

I'm assuming this is also true for Nyos.

In other words at 70 energy the 70 Dyos and Nyos effects would be basically worthless. You need 90 energy to make it marginally useful.

Well my dream is crushed.
    edited December 2013
    So the described effects of Dyos poison at 70 energy only starts calculating at 70 energy and above, not at 0 energy and above.

I'm assuming this is also true for Nyos.

In other words at 70 energy the 70 Dyos and Nyos effects would be basically worthless. You need 90 energy to make it marginally useful.

Well my dream is crushed.

That is correct. Why it just lists Lurking Sting on Mutilation, I'll never know.

pecy.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]

• konovkonov Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not bad
  • AcediaPand - Storm LegionAcediaPand - Storm Legion Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Question \o

You mention on the rune list 2 ghost shadows instead of 1.
    Won't 2 will be pointless since it won't increase to 7?
    Close to the same build as me. I actually was thinking of swapping to Abomination for higher tick on Nightmare Termination. Glad I didn't =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venom Assassin of Storm Server
    DDoS, Supernova, what's next? Mass DC? Oh wait..
  • DoomRaven - Storm LegionDoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What makes venom dark nightmare hit so hard if it's only 100% base attack?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What makes venom dark nightmare hit so hard if it's only 100% base attack?

Its 120% with 0 orbs, and each agony and blast orb increases the damage dealt, with up to 3 blast orbs counting as extra agony orbs as well.

EDIT: Just did some testing on the orbs and each agony orb is +20% base and blast is +15% base

So if the blast>agony talent works like I think it does, Venom DN with maxed orbs is actually 320% base damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
    edited January 2014
    Its 120% with 0 orbs, and each agony and blast orb increases the damage dealt, with up to 3 blast orbs counting as extra agony orbs as well.

EDIT: Just did some testing on the orbs and each agony orb is +20% base and blast is +15% base

So if the blast>agony talent works like I think it does, Venom DN with maxed orbs is actually 320% base damage.

Correct =D
    It does a lot of damage just with agony orbs and if ya stack then it'll go higher.
    If you use Abomination it'll stack 80% more since the effect of blast orb are not replaced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Correct =D
    It does a lot of damage just with agony orbs and if ya stack then it'll go higher.
    If you use Abomination it'll stack 80% more since the effect of blast orb are not replaced.

The 320% is including 7 agony orbs (3 blast orbs from abomination) and 4 agony orbs

120%+140%(20x7)+60%(15x4)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
    edited January 2014
    ya, DN is an amazing nuke type attack with enough orbs
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
    edited January 2014
    The 320% is including 7 agony orbs (3 blast orbs from abomination) and 4 agony orbs

120%+140%(20x7)+60%(15x4)

Yeah, that's what I meant xD Sorry if it was confusing >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    What can you say abt eva for venom?
  • Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    konov wrote: »
    What can you say abt eva for venom?

There is like 1 eva venom sin on EU server and 1 in US server, that is about all, maybe there is more but as always venom got low profile and very few are known as eva venom.

Here is one possible venom eva sin, you decide if it work or not.
    http://youtu.be/SoyvCKM34v4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    There is like 1 eva venom sin on EU server and 1 in US server, that is about all, maybe there is more but as always venom got low profile and very few are known as eva venom.

Here is one possible venom eva sin, you decide if it work or not.
    http://youtu.be/SoyvCKM34v4

I'm already watched this video. Are there another exaple?
  • Ronyon - Storm LegionRonyon - Storm Legion Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    well, venom doesn't get many bonuses to eva from talents. only two that I know of are the very small bonus to eva duration from Shadow Protection and the one that lets Vicious Intention consume orbs for def and eva.

we also have Seed of Agony which requires getting hit to trigger the damage. if you avoid most hits, you basically wasted talent points on SoA. if you don't get SoA... why are you venom?

not saying it doesn't work. not getting hit is the best way to survive in pvp. just saying, it doesn't really make sense when there's a whole tree that can support eva better.
    edited May 2014
    edit : nevermind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    well, venom doesn't get many bonuses to eva from talents. only two that I know of are the very small bonus to eva duration from Shadow Protection and the one that lets Vicious Intention consume orbs for def and eva.

we also have Seed of Agony which requires getting hit to trigger the damage. if you avoid most hits, you basically wasted talent points on SoA. if you don't get SoA... why are you venom?

not saying it doesn't work. not getting hit is the best way to survive in pvp. just saying, it doesn't really make sense when there's a whole tree that can support eva better.

Exept all 3 main dmg skill actully do dmg, most importantly , most important pvp skill got best dmg. it recover the lose of offensive stat by aloot. Since you are going eva, cc ability get fairly equal as other miss cc on eva venom and venom have very little cc.

Also It is never good to relay completly on eva anyway so there is no big reason to grave for 16 evasion from dark tree. It is just good to have more eva. There is lots of Edge hybrid eva sin that dont got 16 eva from dark talent.

Seed of agony skill, even that skill doesnt matter soo much, its usefulness is hard to argue about, But I believe as pvper it is best to not get hitted, espessily as assasin. I dont mean as eva, just about avoiding getting hit by aoe skill that cc you or letting other hit you and get cced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]