test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Marksman questions *

ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Marksman Discussion
Which build do you think are most efficent for pvp as marksman? I'm currently based on critical hits which work fine, but it feel as pure atk is more endgame for pvp as critical hits can be dodged pretty well by arena set. (while pure atk have no real weakness) - and i could try work up my anima more as a way of "critical strikes" as it does 180% damage

Ps. I have mostly arena 3v3 in mind when im building this.

Right now i'm steady 5x+ crit chance in arena with 450 critical damage but all the good teams i never kill with critical hits, only pure atk, they're around 50 dodge so lets say i have 55 chance it's only a 5% chance for a critical which imo ain't worth working at the critical chance/damage from our side.

Was also curious, if stone smelt reduce the HE % even though you don't have burn on them? (if so it's pretty nice to ensnare them then do 6shot/extreme shot or so)

Believe we have quite alot going as mm for critical hits, but on the other side other classes seem to have even more, (inferno get like ALOOOT in batshape, which form they can keep pretty much nonstop at 85+energy) mages get from skills and bubble iirc, sins got alot, warriors got their DU, and so on. Is it really worth staying critical as MM?
(we got +4 in crackshot, 2,5chance/8cd +9cd passive(soul) and extra chance on few skills)

Also if I personally skip the soul guidance and motivate runes i can hit 80+ energy, right now it's not possible as i can't get the blue runes with +10 energy together with contact, and i've been unlucky with the lv 5 combines. (10/11energy)

What do you believe should work out best? I'll swap to full arena when I'm doing this change so as tank i'm decent already, also has golden gloves+boots, and if no critical build i'll go for atk/mastery ID's aswell a FEW crit def/dodge but only if they're combined (doubles) However got lots of scrolls so should succeed with a few, however not all.

As far as runes go I got currently: 60 nature / 33 fervor
Soul discharge
Burst of rage
Soul Ash
Soul guidance
Professional hunter
3 master sniper
+4 Contact
+4 Motivate

also bag with 4 flame profession and a few bad talent ones with +9/10 energy (nature)
Post edited by ILikeBigGu - Illyfue on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo

Comments

• ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    natsss wrote: »
    arena gear with 250% ~crit def and 30 % crit dodge unbuffed

then imo you can go for damage

for motivate/contact buff : use the 2nd tree for swap buff ( every 5 min but it's better than nothing when u really want those )

Yeah, and by damage you mean raw atk/mastery or crit chance/damage?
    What about stone smelt, you know if heal debuff apply even if you don't have the burn?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • boredog1boredog1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    T;Nosebleeding so jelly of dem stats!
  • MoogDog - Storm LegionMoogDog - Storm Legion Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice, but I wish they had some sort of Rating System of how powerful your gear/runes class is.
    The overall number of your toon. Just like how pets are rated.

ijs
  • shadower777shadower777 Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice, but I wish they had some sort of Rating System of how powerful your gear/runes class is.
    The overall number of your toon. Just like how pets are rated.

ijs

This feature is coming.
    It was mentioned in google doc patch notes.

It will be gear rating or overall rating, something like that
  • jblaz3jblaz3 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    can you link me a picture of a soul ash rune plz?
    havent seen on on our server yet, was wondering if it shows up only on advanced runes or what?