test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seeking advice from SIN experts. Please! Urgent!!!

Ooogles - EyrdaOoogles - Eyrda Posts: 24 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Assassin Discussion
B;Hello

well i have a question because I found out some bad news.

I made a new alt, a sin... researched... found out that Venom was PvE oriented, more so than the other talents. (not sure if the research took all i'm about to lay down, into consideration)

However, found out today that Seed of Agony(SoA) was nerfed so it's pretty much useless as shiit against bosses and not as awesome against mobs. My friend told me "the more HP, the more useful it is"

(I don't see my friend as an expert, but since his spouse in game is a lvl 3 epic Edge sin with big **** wings, who allows him to play his char.. i'm assuming he has some knowledge. I don't want to put all my eggs in one baske, so please help me.)

Furthermore, he also told me that most PVE sins go full Edge.

In my early research i saw that Venom dealt the most damage of the two classes. Now, Putting SoA aside... does this fact still remain? Would I be great for bosses despite SoA being crappy now? :o

At this point with all these changes, and nerfs...at level 65+ should i stick to venom or change to edge/dark? (Can you please rationally weigh this and not be too personal about it, if you can.) I don't at all want to PVP.. i don't CS so i don't stand a chance.
Post edited by Ooogles - Eyrda on

Comments

• creepyguycreepyguy Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    B;Hello

I made a new alt, a sin... researched... found out that Venom was PvE oriented, more so than the other talents. (not sure if the research took all i'm about to lay down, into consideration)

However, found out today that Seed of Agony(SoA) was nerfed so it's pretty much useless as shiit against bosses and not as awesome against mobs. My friend told me "the more HP, the more useful it is"

(I don't see my friend as an expert, but since his spouse in game is a lvl 3 epic Edge sin with big **** wings, who allows him to play his char.. i'm assuming he has some knowledge. I don't want to put all my eggs in one baske, so please help me.)

In my early research i saw that Venom dealt the most damage of the two classes. Now, Putting SoA aside... does this fact still remain? Would I be great for bosses despite SoA being crappy now? :o

At this point with all these changes, and nerfs...at level 65+ should i stick to venom or change to edge/dark? (Can you please rationally weigh this and not be too personal about it, if you can.) I don't at all want to PVP.. i don't CS so i don't stand a chance.
    A female sin with lvl 3 wings on Eyrda. Don't think there are that many of them on Eyrda...
  • Freezatron - LionheartFreezatron - Lionheart Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This build was given to me by Dannyy from lionheart for Venom Raw Dps:

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t1a35t1b13t1b44t1c14t1c24t1d12t1d23t1e13t1e33t1f23t1f33t1g22t1g44t1h12t1h22t1h32t1i21t1j33t3a23t3a42t3b23

This is my build as edge/dark and burst dps, btw I have it set up for only 1 second stuns you can increase or decrease as you like since your only doing PVE instances:

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=assassin&r=kin&b=t1a25t2a35t2b13t2b44t2c14t2c24t2c33t2e12t2e23t2e33t2f23t2f33t2g21t2g43t2h22t2h32t2i21t2j22t3a24t3a41t3b13
    Freezatron Lionheart - Retired/Quit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ok, going to dissect this bit by bit. *holds breath in for a wall of text*
    B;Hello

Yes venom is the PvE tree of the class, it has high attack and low cooldown for skills, also has really good single target DoT. in contrast to edge which has more focus on critical hits and critical hit damage

Seed of Agony isnt nerfed. it doesnt affect bosses because it counts as a 'crowd control effect'. depending on the number of agony orbs you have, whenever that targets hurts you(attacking and missing does not count) they take a certain % damage to their hp at the time SoA was inflicted. so the less hp they currently have when SoA was inflicted, less damage it will do. but, SoA is very very useful against high hp mobs, such as fissure mobs.

yes, probably 95% of sins, do go edge or a combination of edge/dark. mostly because of its ease of use and high reliance of critical hits

venom still does a large amount of damage, it has very high attack boosts comboed with low cooldowns

not going to suggest either talent tree, both are good for pve when built right, edge is probably a little more expensive since its crit reliant tho. on the other hand, venom needs alot of attack gems and such.

since i have never played edge, i cant give a good build for it, but i've been playing long enough to know its strengths and weaknesses.

should you choose venom, these are probably the best venom builds you'll find, but feel free to change things around to suit your playstyle

pure venom

the following venom/dark build is my current build. things may seem out of place because runes improve things(i.e. two runes in Hurried Pain, several runes in Drastic Banish in Edge) and cant be shown in the talent calculator. Its also built with pvp in mind. but it still works very well for pve since it keeps rapid shadow effect from Dark and Abomination from venom, which combined greatly improves your finishers since you can build blast orbs quickly, for PvE you should also move the 2 points in shadow evasion(venom) to Killer of Darkness for a small mastery boost

venom/dark
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • BalthazarF - ShyliaBalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    venom is probably the best end game pvp build for sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ooogles - EyrdaOoogles - Eyrda Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ok, going to dissect this bit by bit. *holds breath in for a wall of text*

Yes venom is the PvE tree of the class, it has high attack and low cooldown for skills, also has really good single target DoT. in contrast to edge which has more focus on critical hits and critical hit damage

Seed of Agony isnt nerfed. it doesnt affect bosses because it counts as a 'crowd control effect'. depending on the number of agony orbs you have, whenever that targets hurts you(attacking and missing does not count) they take a certain % damage to their hp at the time SoA was inflicted. so the less hp they currently have when SoA was inflicted, less damage it will do. but, SoA is very very useful against high hp mobs, such as fissure mobs.

yes, probably 95% of sins, do go edge or a combination of edge/dark. mostly because of its ease of use and high reliance of critical hits

venom still does a large amount of damage, it has very high attack boosts comboed with low cooldowns

not going to suggest either talent tree, both are good for pve when built right, edge is probably a little more expensive since its crit reliant tho. on the other hand, venom needs alot of attack gems and such.

since i have never played edge, i cant give a good build for it, but i've been playing long enough to know its strengths and weaknesses.

should you choose venom, these are probably the best venom builds you'll find, but feel free to change things around to suit your playstyle

pure venom

the following venom/dark build is my current build. things may seem out of place because runes improve things(i.e. two runes in Hurried Pain, several runes in Drastic Banish in Edge) and cant be shown in the talent calculator. Its also built with pvp in mind. but it still works very well for pve since it keeps rapid shadow effect from Dark and Abomination from venom, which combined greatly improves your finishers since you can build blast orbs quickly, for PvE you should also move the 2 points in shadow evasion(venom) to Killer of Darkness for a small mastery boost

venom/dark

(this is oogles here... not sure if i signed in with correct account i used to post this forum with lol)

but anyway, i appreciate the feedback.....
    and i've been in this game since the beginning.. SoA use to work on bosses and they nerfed it so it doesn't. it use to deal millions on Kouba alone xD

but nevermind that.. I think i'll stick with Venom based on the info i've gathered from you and a few others. Ty vm
  • Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    (this is oogles here... not sure if i signed in with correct account i used to post this forum with lol)

but anyway, i appreciate the feedback.....
    and i've been in this game since the beginning.. SoA use to work on bosses and they nerfed it so it doesn't. it use to deal millions on Kouba alone xD

but nevermind that.. I think i'll stick with Venom based on the info i've gathered from you and a few others. Ty vm

Dont think SoA ever worked on bosses, at one point of time it was Mutilation that worked on bosses (which was never supposed to in the first place) then it was counted was also counted as a 'crowd control effect'
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • rougeinformantrougeinformant Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Honestly if you want full pve you should stay venom. Seed of Agony may be [email protected]%&!$ but theres other options for you in terms of your dps, you have resistance and defense droppers, the ability to stack PURE attack and make your finisher skills deal massive damage. If you stacked your gear with attack, or crit damage perhaps and runed properly with things like Drastic Banish for faster blast orbs, and Pain Amplification for better agony orbs youll have good dps with some mastery on you. And I know probably at least half of the sins on the server might disagree, but get Mutilation. the bleed effect is ****. but it DOES have extra chance to crit per hit, and if youre looking for pve dps a 4 hit skill that matches your mastery helps.

Although on the other hand, I do like edge for pvp and pve, and I would recommend that more if you pve sometimes, mainly because you can modify your ability to crit against the opponent and crits are always helpful, some sins may recommend edge as a pve build mainly because of the ability to crit. As well as Imperilling Hack being a skill that increases in crit damage as the skill progresses, and with physical mastery you can also use Flair as a dps skill, so in total youd have blast orb crit dmg (Assuming you talent AND rune Seal Knowledge) with moves like imperilling hack + flair that have good chances to crit because of the multiple hits, along with your finishers forcing down your target's crit dodge (Wound Infliction Talent) and for edge I recommend you rune Rapid Attack so you can spam Throat Seal + Thrust of Pain for orbs toward nightmare termination...I guess I should also mention Intensified Aggression, a debuff that amplifies dark and physical damages against the target (Is also Runeable) that can also work for pve dps.

you have options, but your dps for pve will have to work in different ways is all.

-ShibuyaNobody: Lionheart server.
  • Sabriele - Storm LegionSabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dont think SoA ever worked on bosses, at one point of time it was Mutilation that worked on bosses (which was never supposed to in the first place) then it was counted was also counted as a 'crowd control effect'

Yeah, it was Muti that worked on bosses. Oh i miss those days D:
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • Lourd - EyrdaLourd - Eyrda Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dark / venom is the future for endgame assassins, seriously