test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wich talent tree to choose?

maoa96maoa96 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Mage Discussion
Hi all, I'm thinking of making a mage and i was wondering what talent tree would suit me better.
I like to play pve, solo, if I'm in a party dps.
Also what are the pros and cons of each tree.
Thanks
Post edited by maoa96 on

Comments

• maoa96maoa96 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    by squishy you mean that i would die quickly right?

so wind has aoe knock backs
    ice frezes them but its more pvp
    and im guessing fire does more aoe damage but low survability

am i right?
  • MeowHeals - EyrdaMeowHeals - Eyrda Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maoa96 wrote: »
    by squishy you mean that i would die quickly right?

so wind has aoe knock backs
    ice frezes them but its more pvp
    and im guessing fire does more aoe damage but low survability

am i right?

Pretty much.
  • RandomSlas - LionheartRandomSlas - Lionheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mage hmm? Well Fire i think has best dps aoe. but if you want aoe mobs and pve Alot of people preferr lightning talent tree. Ice mages are prefferrably for pvp so i'm told. so yah. Fire = Dps (i think good for pvp or pve) and lightning for aoe mobs (best for pve) and ice (preferred by most for pvp) hope this helps =]
  • noseynosey Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From my experiences as a mage, Fire is more 1v1 good for taking down bosses and with very high damage but not major AoE (Area of Effect). The only aoes I see that fire gets is Rage of Demons and Spark(75 skill in fire tree)

Ice I've noticed is more towards PvP making your ice skills stun and lower your targets defense.

Wind is more focused AoE. Purgatory of lightning (75 wind skill) is a big AoE spell hitting up to 16* enemies I believe, You also get Streak of Lightning which is a frontal aoe.
    Thunderclap is another aoe but is more focused smaller so may need to get enemies close together to do good enough effect of AoE damage.

Besides those tree specific skills, all skill trees get rage of demons (fire frontal Aoe), Ice Realm (Ice all Around Aoe) and Thunderclap (wind aoe spell depending on Target)

Hoped this helped, I am happy to share my experiences and knowledge with the mage class.
    _MagesRule_ - 77 Lightning Mage - Storm Legion
    Guild: Outrageous
    Badass Rank: >9000

Some say the Ban Hammer is the strongest weapon, Mess with the GM's you get this so called Ban Hammer, Mess With me you get the Nuke Hammer T;Angry

Words of a Wise Alien Killer
    "Come Get Some"
    -Duke Nukem
  • DeathRider - EyrdaDeathRider - Eyrda Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Best DPS Mage is Fire. Highest base damage + DOTs kill a way faster and by Mass of mobs or players.

Wind is a high dps as well with many Spike damage, but its CD compared to Fire gets it behind on total damage dealt.

Ice... Ice is good for nothing nowadays just to annoy ov pvp probably.
    [sigpic]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-46579-1307226035276116204-green.png[/sigpic]

Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the FINAL Victory comes.
  • janelle90janelle90 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I made a fire mage that focused on survivability/Damage. I know that seems at cross purposes but if you know what your skills are and have them stacked correctly it works very well, I can even tank bosses for a little while while the main tank is preoccupied, which is a very good thing because half the time I end up stealing agro anyways.
  • Telrasila - IllyfueTelrasila - Illyfue Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi everyone. I started in FW yesterday, but I just need to ask. Is it possible for a mage to have hybrids like vampires? Say if there's going to be a pvp battle, you have to choose what's right for yourself and your teammates. If you got some hints or valuable information, please respond.