test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pitch

swaggboy12swaggboy12 Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Assassin Discussion
ok let me get this straight... Assassin skill pitch just about the weakest skill in game (unless you're a venom sin and still its pretty trash) has a 15sec CD??? Oooh big deal 100% chance to interrupt... seems like the skill you interrupt doesn't even go on CD it just stops casting, i've interrupted plenty of mages (i use mages because they're like the easiest to interrupt with their more powerful skills) and right after i interrupt (PoL, or Fury of Ice, or even the fire mage final skill don't remember the name) they use it right away as if it didn't go on CD... So what's really the point of 15sec(9sec) CD on this skill???
Post edited by swaggboy12 on

Comments

• VagueAngel - Storm LegionVagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swaggboy12 wrote: »
    ok let me get this straight... Assassin skill pitch just about the weakest skill in game (unless you're a venom sin and still its pretty trash) has a 15sec CD??? Oooh big deal 100% chance to interrupt... seems like the skill you interrupt doesn't even go on CD it just stops casting, i've interrupted plenty of mages (i use mages because they're like the easiest to interrupt with their more powerful skills) and right after i interrupt (PoL, or Fury of Ice, or even the fire mage final skill don't remember the name) they use it right away as if it didn't go on CD... So what's really the point of 15sec(9sec) CD on this skill???

It has a 100% chance of dismounting while stealthed. A 50% chance unstealthed. There is no CD on the player's spell that is interrupted because it was never cast. A spell has to be cast for it's CD to start.

Used properly, pitch is a VERY useful skill in getting a quick kill on someone passing by while mounted, or to stop a priest from casting AH or Light of Ressurection. It isn't, and never was meant to be a skill that is "spammed" so it's not given a short CD. Also, if it's such a bad skill, why do you care what the CD for it is?
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a utility skill not a damage skill and its really useful.

Its a sins only ranged attack, it can dismount, if you interrupt a multi hit skill like purgatory after 1 or 2 hits, it goes on cooldown. Does more damage if you have orbs built up.

Additionally if you're venom it silences for 3s as well as has a shorter cooldown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • heliosflamesheliosflames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pitch is pretty useful to me, not damage wise of course but it buys me time to avoid being hit buy something like PoL or skills with long cast time and also lets me get my attack off if even helps with those glacial priest who can be quite annoying if left unnoticed...... If you're trying to pitch something like a sin or warr with longest cast time being 2sec (for sins) then you're doing it wrong (though i have stopped a few Dark Nightmares in my lifetime with pitch)... If you're fighting most people won't be button mashing their skills(unless it's a warr :P) they'll use it once and on to the next skill... As Delta said if you let the other persons skill hit even once then with .50sec cast time pitch will stop the rest of the hits and place their skill on CD... As far the the dismount goes I'd never waste stealth to dismount someone that's what flair is for (to me)... It's not the best skill but not the worse try using it differently than how you are now and honestly you can live without using it... Other than myself and maybe a handful of sins on my server no one else really uses pitch in their fights (atleast i don't see them use it)... Happy Sin playing :D
  • Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swaggboy12 wrote: »

i lol'd

at first glance, pitch is the weakest attack...BUT is has its advantages

for venom, Pitch is almost definitely one if its biggest saving graces, the interruption + 1 second silence (Delta said 3, but its actually 1) is more than enough time to pop in a throat seal + dark nightmare. Pitch's low cast time is great at getting an opening if someone is trying to stunlock you. Yes, 9 seconds at its lowest cd is a long time compared to other skills, but if i was able to spam it more often it would definitely be a little op.

most ppl that i fight tend to QQ about my pitch, why? because they hate getting interrupted while they attack, only to get silenced even more shortly thereafter.

Now for the other trees, Pitch doesnt have a very big place, if at all. if you are dark or edge and dont like it, dont use it, you can live without it. But in the right hands and with good timing, it is a good tool to use.
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • mrsooshimrsooshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sin when is a venom's pitch pretty trashy with 155%+2.8k at 4 agony orbs :O
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrsooshi wrote: »

Haha I just went and double checked and this adds up, that's actually really good damage, especially for your only ranged skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrsooshi wrote: »

Yea, it hits at roughly the same damage as Thrust of Pain at 4 orbs
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • d3adlyshad0wsd3adlyshad0ws Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If your venom sin its a good skill, interrupts, silences for 1 sec if you have 3 agony orbs, its your only distance skill cast, does nice damage if you have agony orbs up, my ToP does about 17k-18k on mobs non crit, and Pitch with 4 agony orbs does about 18-19k non crit.
  • rougeinformantrougeinformant Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pitch is mainly a pvp skill. If you seek out mages and other caster type skills you can use it to disrupt long cast times. For example if you see a lightning mage preparing to use Purgatory of Lightning, you can use pitch to stop it then attempt to go in for stuns and silence, it can also be used to dismount enemies on mounts so they cant get away. Also if youre REALLY mean you can beat someone into an inch of their health and then throw pitch to win...this is also effective for people who run when their hp gets real low to try and recover. Also if you have talents for Darkness Poison or Darkness Expert you can use pitch as a way to bleed enemies from afar or reduce their movement speed to keep them there. Pitch isn't weak if you use it right, no skill is really you just have to find uses for them.

ShibuyaNobody - Lionheart.