test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Road

Comments

• MoogDog - Storm LegionMoogDog - Storm Legion Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Has anyone beat room 50 as Burst yet.

I know some ppl on other servers beat it as Prec.
    But whats their attack at?

When I tried Prec, my attack was over 10K.
    Still didn't beat it.

Current Burst build.

90 Earth / 95 Fire Mastery
    75 Fervor
    Attack with buffs and RageFire Light: 9700+
    CC with buffs 55.50%
    CD 443.50%

As Prec is still new to meh, dunno what im doing wrong or how to setup the skills.

Mostly and always Burst.

Im still changing around my burst build to see what works best for it.
    No luck so far, unless they revamp the Burst tree skills.
    I wish the Devs would try out room 50 as Burst/Soul/Prec to make more adjustment to the MM Trees.

Dunno what else to do. Im just tried of thinking of stuff to get more attack, CC or CD.

(P.S. not bumping the thread)
  • ToLLL - ShyliaToLLL - Shylia Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I know some ppl on other servers beat it as Prec.

From where did this information come ? Name ? Server ?

As I know, no one beat 50 boss as MM, even Guns didn't do it, and it's quite impossible w/o cc pray buff.
    My youtube : Youtube.com/Tolgrang
  • ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2014

As I know, no one beat 50 boss as MM, even Guns didn't do it, and it's quite impossible w/o cc pray buff.

I haven't tried it as precision. I'm only soul/burst.
    A wargod build would most likely do alot better, im using arena gears with meh IDs for PVE. MoogDog got better stats than I do when it comes to PVE. Maxed masteries + wargod and i would certainly pass, even as soul so it's certainly doable, the prize is just not worth removing arena + lowering resis for, imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • MoogDog - Storm LegionMoogDog - Storm Legion Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Its just what I hear from other players. Guess their info is wrong.

As for the CC Buff. I can never get the 20%. Got 15% once.

I only have the WG Set.

No Eb Weapon, No Gold Boots, No Gold Hands, nor Ship Boots

There is too many greedy players/Guilds on our server.

I will try to keep improving my char but I can only do so much.

And Gunz, its not about the prize. Its beating room 50 for bragging rights.

Well, maybe they could give better prizes. =)
  • Tonali - Storm LegionTonali - Storm Legion Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And Gunz, its not about the prize. Its beating room 50 for bragging rights.

This is you in a nutshell, Moog

You should use the build that Hop, the real snipe, Azo and myself use <_<

Now, if you are using it already, gg, Our class it's ****ing underpowered

Maybe nobody would be able to beat till lv90 expansion
  • LuciusOersted - Storm LegionLuciusOersted - Storm Legion Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2014

PrecTacular, Lionheart server. He's got the Infernal Majesty title so it's legit. But yes I do believe he is precision with full lv77 crafted 2% cc gear if I recall correctly but don't quote me on the gear setup.
    LuciusOersted - Lv90 Squishy Divine Priest

GregoryAileron - Lv90 Noob Water Bard

Apparently I'm the god of K-pop... ._.
    edited March 2014
    Well I guess with WG gear it's possible

My attempt few months ago (with old arena gear and 15% cc pray)

mini_50137220131212183944.png

Still waiting for cc buff since I got the new gear (As I can't put him uinder 5/10% w/o it even with new gear)
  • thehudynastythehudynasty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    FINALLY BEAT IT.

No prayer buff. 90 Earth Mastery. Prec, 70 Fervor 28 Wisdom 17 Nature

Screenie: http://tinypic.com/r/25t819t/8
  • BalthazarF - ShyliaBalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    someone on shylia did it too :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    FINALLY BEAT IT.

Just out of curiousity, stats? atk/masteries/cc/cd
    If we got similar i'll respec to precision and try :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2014
    the one on shylia is dalay, i will ask him to post his stats if you want
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    YEAH ! FINALLY !

2hn431k.jpg
    edited May 2014
    stats doing it? crit buff from pray?'

E/ Cool, grats! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2014
    nop, atk buff with pray (200).

Used arena gear season2 (quite proud of it :D)

Buffed stats :

10k5 attack
    35% cc
    415% cd
    90k hp
    2700 def
    1258 earth mastery
    edited May 2014
    gg toLLL, second mm on shylia :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    gg toLLL, second mm on shylia :)

It's the third time u say this, everyone noticed it I think ^^

Being able to beat an full PvE dwarf is my next challenge :p

E / I won't argue with you, especially about money, I don't think it's the goal of this topic, and as you're a Mage yourself, I don't really see what's your point being here. If u want to speak more about it, feel free to mp.
    edited May 2014
    so your challenge is to beat someone that never put a cents on this game? you can do it! :p

ps : my gg was sincere :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuciusOersted - Storm LegionLuciusOersted - Storm Legion Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    FINALLY BEAT IT.

Wow I wasn't around for that. Belated grats YOU OP MM! Forever will I be inferior to your mighty gun!
    LuciusOersted - Lv90 Squishy Divine Priest

GregoryAileron - Lv90 Noob Water Bard

Apparently I'm the god of K-pop... ._.
    edited May 2014
    Wow I wasn't around for that. Belated grats YOU OP MM! Forever will I be inferior to your mighty gun!
    Hah thanks Lucious XD

@Bigguns:

I had a 90 Def Prayer Buff when I beat it <_<

Stats:

9.8k Attack
    39.5% Crit Chance
    469% Crit Damage
    79k Hp
    1592 Def
    1067 Earth Mastery
  • Tonali - Storm LegionTonali - Storm Legion Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    At this point i doubt it matter, but i don't care i feel so happy about it XD

http://tinypic.com/r/2n0o96f/8

Stats if anyone curious

Lv84 (my goal was beat it without Salvo)

Attack 10.4k (I had 150 attack from pray)

Crit damage 432%

Crit chance 30%

Lv85 earth mastery (1120) lv60 fire mastery (750+)

All of this is buffed (ele warrior, blood reapear, priest , my own buffs, pet buffs, and gem lights)

So yeah, i am proud of myself XD i don't care if i can't beat it again, at least i did it once

(I aslo wanted to beat it before MoogDog <_<)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry if bad grammar/typos :)
  • Shapelle - LionheartShapelle - Lionheart Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I still cannot clear room 44, and am fairly frustrated by it, using either Burst or Soul. I try to kite, but I can be half-way across the room on my screen, and still be hit (live half-way around the world from the server), so burst is out of the question, IMO. I try to stand and deliver as Soul, and can get 3 down reliably, sometimes 4, and once almost had 5th, but get overwhelmed.

This is level 83.
    Buffed stats:
    1050 Fire Mastery (1100 in burst tree)
    700 Earth
    65K Health
    2050 def
    ~8.5K attack
    35% Crit chance
    18% crit-dodge
    375% crit-damage
    All roses

Not just me. There's probably about 6 MM's on Lionheart all stuck on room 44. Untamedone is currently the top MM (I haven't seen Prectacular around for a fair while), and Untamed is able to reliably clear room 50, but he has insane stats (1200 earth/900 fire masteries, etc, etc).

What's kinda annoying is on my glacial priest alt, I can clear further on him with less roses, less masteries, less everything, than I could ever do with my MM at a similar gear/mastery level. Same for warriors as well. Just seems like MM's get the rough end of the stick when it comes to MM difficulty.
  • aestheticsbroaestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I still cannot clear room 44, and am fairly frustrated by it, using either Burst or Soul. I try to kite, but I can be half-way across the room on my screen, and still be hit (live half-way around the world from the server), so burst is out of the question, IMO. I try to stand and deliver as Soul, and can get 3 down reliably, sometimes 4, and once almost had 5th, but get overwhelmed.

This is level 83.
    Buffed stats:
    1050 Fire Mastery (1100 in burst tree)
    700 Earth
    65K Health
    2050 def
    ~8.5K attack
    35% Crit chance
    18% crit-dodge
    375% crit-damage
    All roses

Not just me. There's probably about 6 MM's on Lionheart all stuck on room 44. Untamedone is currently the top MM (I haven't seen Prectacular around for a fair while), and Untamed is able to reliably clear room 50, but he has insane stats (1200 earth/900 fire masteries, etc, etc).

What's kinda annoying is on my glacial priest alt, I can clear further on him with less roses, less masteries, less everything, than I could ever do with my MM at a similar gear/mastery level. Same for warriors as well. Just seems like MM's get the rough end of the stick when it comes to MM difficulty.

Most people seem to get stuck there, as soul MM I was too until the introduction of PVE intensity, since my masteries were fairly low (850/450 fully buffed, +200ish PVE intensity did the trick) while my crit chance/damage were around 48% and 400%, rest of stats were pretty much the same as yours.

Master sniper runes, Iron skin, anima shield, and PVE intensity are important too, specially Master sniper 3/2 makes it a lot easier, but theyre uncommon and expensive, but at least 2/2 of them make the skill useful. If you can't kill them before next one spawns, like it was my case at first, after killing the 3rd they packed on me, so just rotate shields+wrath and you can live for at least 30 seconds despite being ganged.

Also, if you're not using pulse shot do so, it's such an underrated skill :p The ensnare+slow is invaluable when a mob spawns and you havent killed the one before, just mark+CST and you can keep him far until the previous one dies, shame the cooldown is so long xD. Sniping with runes can be used equally. Hitting weakening cloud for the slow works for this purpose as well, the range is good enough to earn you a few seconds while the mob is slowed trying to reach you. You can also stack this slow with the slow from penshot if you have any shrapnel runes, then switch back to the previous mob. Just do whatever it takes so they won't reach you before you finish dpsing one down.

Once you pass that you will most likely go straight to room 50. 45 is really easy, and for 47 use same strategy as 44 and should be ok, upside is they don't pack past 3 mobs. Rest of rooms are low damage mobs so np problem there. 50 isn't so hard either if you have some PVE intensity since with my low masteries I can take it down to 25%, hope the bonus mastery and attack from 85 champion and new skills will allow me to beat it. With your masteries and a little improvement on crit stats you should be alright as long as you use a good rotation to keep bullets up and cycle your shields well. Lv100 dyos/nyos will pump your crits a lot so farm a lot of SP, try to get lv85 fast and expect to finish HR in a few weeks :)

Good luck! And props for not going precision!
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for the response and the pep-talk. Yeah, I have been using Pulse Shot, but could probably be timing it better. Due to lag, what works best for me is to mark, soul-snipe, and then pulse (with the distance). Right now, I can get the first down just as the second is heading towards me, and I'll soul snipe the 2nd to keep it away for a moment.

I think you're right. I think once the 2nd drops, and I'm on the third, what I should probably be doing here is dropping cloud when the 4th spawns, use Fast Action, and get some distance, coupled with Pen Shot, and focus on whichever one Aryshi is also on.

I do also feel that with about +20% dps on where I'm at now, the stand and deliver method would work. As you say, once I hit level 85, and can start filling out the "Super Crit" boxes to probably at least level 10 each, would net about +15% dps right there for me. Some more gear reforging, some re-ids for, say +20% crit-damage, and filling out the last few slots of Barrage/Assault should the last +5% that I'm looking for.

Yeah, it's a matter of time. I guess I'm just kinda frustrated that lag isn't allowing me to do the strategies half as well as you guys are describing, and if not for that, I'd likely have cleared Room 44 long before now.
    edited July 2014
    Well thank you guys, I managed to clear room 44 today, using Burst and the Kite/Pen-shot slow method, with just priest and elemental warrior buffs, and Brute Force III from pet. Didn't use any Life Serum or anything.

I cleared it right on the timeout buzzer (0 hell acclaim points received) but a clear is a clear.

I then proceeded to clear room 45 with no effort on burst, but gonna switch back to soul for a faster clear.

Well, now that I know how to do it, hopefully I'll be clearing 44 more regularly from here on.

I just don't think that Soul could ever clear Room 44, not unless with +20% dps as I mentioned above. ie. around 10K attack, 1200 Fire Mastery, 40%+ CC and 420%+ CD. Maybe a full level 90 Soul MM could do it with full 85 champ gear, and then it'd be able to kill them as they spawned.
    edited July 2014
    Well, I made it to room 50. Got the boss down to 15% before running out of time. This is as Soul tree. Apparently I don't do enough dps yet...even with 8900 attack when buffed with prayer and food as well.

Near as I can tell, the final boss seems to be a mastery check/crit-rate/crit-damage check.

Kinda want 1100 fire mastery, 9000 attack, 40% CC, and 420%+ CD, and it'd probably go down with a Soul MM. I just hit level 84, so within 4 weeks for sure, I'll be able to get it down once I get the level 100 soul power slots ramped up.
    edited July 2014
    Hey all, just wanted to update some experiences I've had since hitting level 85, as both Burst and Soul Trees.

I am dual talent, with all points in either Burst, or Soul. Burst gets a sudden boost at level 85 with the Rail Gun power (140% + 4500-ish with 2s cast and 12s CD, suddenly becomes 190% + 4500, with 1s cast, 4s CD), and the Salvo skill (basically like an Earth Based Rake Of Fury area of effect, that hits twice, with each hit, hitting about as hard as a Pen Shot [rough ballpark]) 2s cast, 6s CD.

I tried this week to run through HR staying as burst, as was able to right up to room 50 and posted my highest single-run score (5700) in doing so. My bot tree is basically Burning Rage -> High Velocity Shot -> Rake -> Pen Shot -> Burning Swirl -> Salvo -> Mind Flaying Bullet -> Fire At Will.

With that, I was able to stand and deliver to getting the 3rd spirit 3/4's dead on room 44 before having to kite. Rose picked up the 4th spirit, while I kited the 3rd and 5th (and subsequent) spirits. Rose died just as I killed the 3rd Spirit, leaving me with her 4th half dead, and the 5th a little hurt, and from there it was easy to kite and kill without much drama with pen-shot, HVS, rake, run, pop 2 pots, repeat and it was done on my first try.

Room 47, I was able to just stand and deliver and kill the spawns. For brief periods there were two on the map at once, but the high intensity HVS coupled with flipping wrath and bubble, ensured that the hurt one died within 10s of the next spawning without me taking much damage.

Room 50, I got Khnum down to 20% before time was up. This is in comparison to 15% as soul at level 44. So, single target dps is still down on Burst, but it's no longer terrible and certainly not worth switching trees for at any point before room 50.

I then switch to soul at room 50, and retried, just with priest and warrior buffs, and got it down to 9% before time was up. Super-crit is 1.6% on Dyos, while I have nothing in in super-crit on Nyos yet. I reckon if I get both to 10/20, and get a handful of crit-damage ID's on my gear to get me to 420% CD (instead of 385%), and another crit-chance ID on my 2nd ring, it'll be done and dusted as Soul.

Oh, 89 Fire and 70 Earth mastery. War God set bonus set, with the blue 81-83 weapon/head/shoulders. At level 87, I can move to the 85-87 blue set for the head/shoulders/weapon, and for sure it'd go down then.
    edited July 2014
    Good luck Shapelle :)

Currently averaging around 80-85 acclaim for room 50 now :D

Still precision though >_< Gave up on trying to be fire, the dual mastery requirement is such a crutch unless you're really good at swapping your OH before using abilities with different elements :/

91 earth mastery, blue 85 wep, blue 81-83 set for chest belt pants gloves and boots, wg hat and shoulders.
    edited July 2014
    Good luck Shapelle :)

Currently averaging around 80-85 acclaim for room 50 now :D

Still precision though >_< Gave up on trying to be fire, the dual mastery requirement is such a crutch unless you're really good at swapping your OH before using abilities with different elements :/

91 earth mastery, blue 85 wep, blue 81-83 set for chest belt pants gloves and boots, wg hat and shoulders.
    Thank you. 80-85 acclaim with basically the same gear and mastery as I, with the only difference being precision? I've done a fair deal of PvE content with precision MMs of similar sorts of stats to me and as soul I'll pull aggro off them without much effort....and you're basically saying that you're knocking over room 50 in half the time? All that says to me is that room 50 is broken for fire based MMs. I failed again today. Full roses, fully buffed at 9000 attack, 40% crit chance, 425% crit damage, 1100 fire, 850 earth mastery, and it won't go below 20% when the timer is empty. Sometimes it goes on for like 20s more before it ends, and those are the times I've gotten it to 9% or so.

...and as precision you clear it in half the time?

Okay, I'm definitely gonna go with the assumption that room 50 is broken for fire based MMs
  • aestheticsbroaestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Grats on reaching 50 :)

Yeah, I believe precision have it really easy in HR, specially since the new spammable AOE is earth element and they don't depend on dual masteries as much; way lesser stat'd precision MM get almost same acclaim I do as soul.

I'm only at Lv68 fire and lv40 earth and I can take Khnum to 9% max now without pray buff. I'm using 2% crit crafted gear, so missing the mastery set bonus and PVE intensity from wargod gear, so once I get my hands on 2 more parts of 85 champion for the mastery bonus it's goign down. *nosebleed* I guess you'll finish it before me though, once you get your super crit up a little.

Congrats in advance xD
    edited July 2014
    Thank you. 80-85 acclaim with basically the same gear and mastery as I, with the only difference being precision? I've done a fair deal of PvE content with precision MMs of similar sorts of stats to me and as soul I'll pull aggro off them without much effort....and you're basically saying that you're knocking over room 50 in half the time? All that says to me is that room 50 is broken for fire based MMs. I failed again today. Full roses, fully buffed at 9000 attack, 40% crit chance, 425% crit damage, 1100 fire, 850 earth mastery, and it won't go below 20% when the timer is empty. Sometimes it goes on for like 20s more before it ends, and those are the times I've gotten it to 9% or so.

...and as precision you clear it in half the time?

Okay, I'm definitely gonna go with the assumption that room 50 is broken for fire based MMs

Oh fully buffed I have around 11200 top end att, 524% cd and with magic fuel 60% cc <_<