test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Road

dragmoshdragmosh Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Marksman Discussion
I've read a lot about how Hell Road is for other classes, but I find that MM information is pretty sparse, so I'm asking you guys for information about your personal Hell Road experience. Another thing I'd like to know is if anyone has noticed any difference in the toughness of Hell Road since the content update (when they supposedly made it easier for everyone else).

For me, I'm currently struggling on the low 30s room. I go as Burst for Levels 1-29, then switch to soul for Levels 30-31, then switch back to burst for Levels 32-34, then back to soul for 35. I've never beaten 35, and I've only beaten 33 twice and 34 once.
I only use offensive pet buffs until room 25, where I start using defensive buffs (mainly deflection III). Still I usually rank 2nd-3rd on the Storm server, with less than 100 points below NorthernLights, who always ranks 1st.

Some information about me:

General: I'm an evasion built MM with dual masteries.

Burst: I have max runes for contact, motivate, speed of fire, swift penetration, and shrapnel, with dual masteries. I go Nyos for the extra crit chance from Magic fuel, of which I currently get 11.6%. I find my single target DPS as burst is roughly equal to my DPS as soul because of the additional crit chance, but I sacrifice 30 evasion when I switch to Nyos.

Soul: I have max runes for contact, soul discharge, and speed of fire. I have motivate at 3/3. Although I would have significantly higher DPS as Nyos (due to the magic fuel buff), I still go Dyos for the extra 30 evasion it gives, plus I have my soul runes in my dyos tree. The main reason I do this is because as soul it is much harder to activate magic fuel (I have it active about half the time if I actively spam penetrating shot and burning swirl). A side reason is that I've found with higher evasion, Ayshri isn't forced to heal me as much, giving her more time to attack, allowing me to kill faster.

Roses: For room 1-28, and 30-31 I place 51 roses in attack, and the rest (130-140 at the moment) in health. For room 28-29 I put 45 roses in attack and the rest in health.
I do sometimes have trouble holding agro until she starts healing herself, but after that I hold it steadily.

tl;dr:

I want to know how far you other MMs have gotten to in HR. Please respond with your personal room record, rank on your server, build, tree, and any strategies you think help.
Post edited by dragmosh on

Comments

• Warcrox - Storm LegionWarcrox - Storm Legion Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heya Dragmosh,

I'm from the same server BTW :D (storm)

When HR first came out i had trouble killing boss 20, Now i can reach 28.

I play: Burst/prec hybrid / DYOS tree / lvl 80 / rank avg 9

Reasons: NPC got stronger (more helpfull) / increased my mastery by 30 lvls / increased basic attack by 1000

I still do HR with zero 12/12 gear. 2 out of 8 = 10/12 rest is 9/12. But stil very doable to reach higher lvls.

But lets also be fair. Our top 3 MM are not weak at all, but they still can't reach the avg limit of the other classes (40) . Kinda sad, but that's the distribution. we are the last kid that gets picked for a game of football :eek:
  • ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can do 41, haven't tried 42 yet. nyos burst
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
    edited May 2013
    I can do 41, haven't tried 42 yet. nyos burst

Wow you're in the 40's :eek:

@storm we are stuck at high 30's with best MM around.
  • boredog1boredog1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if northern was better geared then he is now he would prob also be reaching lvl 40. most mm on our server are not as well geared as big guns
  • OneShotUDie - EyrdaOneShotUDie - Eyrda Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm stuck at Room 33.. >:(
  • toofastbbtoofastbb Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to room 49.

Edit : I'll prolly do a movie after I beat room 50 to explain everything.
    My youtube : youtube.com/Tolgrang
    edited May 2013
    toofastbb wrote: »
    I'm going to room 49.

Reached 49 already? what's your defense/atk/crit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    Reached 49 already? what's your defense/atk/crit?

And server? :eek:
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to room 49.

Wow... Tips on Rose Distribution please? ;D
  • chuminniechuminnie Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cser rofl
    edited May 2013
    natsss wrote: »
    it's going to be hard :p

30kt34g.jpg

screen of so丶影伤 (for the participant of FWIC you'll maybe remind him he was top 1 wealth rank and one of the CN server marksman ) on the boss 50 he got 100 fire earth masteries i dont have his recent stats i only got some old stat ( before nightfall patch ) and his weapon lol ^^

http://images.event.wanmei.com/event/2012/03/weaponesshow/1331826134910543.jpg

PS : you dont have really tips on rose distribution just get 460K rose points ! ;)

you can adjust your rose every 2 or 1 room all rooms have a specific rose distribution

just test it and investigate a little it takes me so much time to found the best distribution

x0 x1 x5 got the same distribution ( boss room )
    x2 x3 x6 x8 x9 got the same ( AoE room )
    x4 x7 got the same ( they are stronger than aoe room monster )

except for 49 and maybe 48 ?

and for room 1 to 30 you can have the same distribution it doesnt really matter because it's too easy

EDIT : i forgot to say we are from the same server me and toofastbb we got likely the same gear but we dont have the same masteries and gemstone so far i've down 46 stucked at 47

what's ur total rose count :o
    edited May 2013
    it's going to be hard :p

30kt34g.jpg

screen of so丶影伤 (for the participant of FWIC you'll maybe remind him he was top 1 wealth rank and one of the CN server marksman ) on the boss 50 he got 100 fire earth masteries i dont have his recent stats i only got some old stat ( before nightfall patch ) and his weapon lol ^^

http://images.event.wanmei.com/event/2012/03/weaponesshow/1331826134910543.jpg

PS : you dont have really tips on rose distribution just get 460K rose points ! ;)

you can adjust your rose every 2 or 1 room all rooms have a specific rose distribution

just test it and investigate a little it takes me so much time to found the best distribution

x0 x1 x5 got the same distribution ( boss room )
    x2 x3 x6 x8 x9 got the same ( AoE room )
    x4 x7 got the same ( they are stronger than aoe room monster )

except for 49 and maybe 48 ?

and for room 1 to 30 you can have the same distribution it doesnt really matter because it's too easy

EDIT : i forgot to say we are from the same server me and toofastbb we got likely the same gear but we dont have the same masteries and gemstone so far i've down 46 stucked at 47

I don't think so, I put the boss even lower, he's using burst spec as we can see on screenshot, that's maybe why he isn't able to clean the room.
    edited May 2013
    I don't miss that much to kill it, and has I can still upgrade my gear and masteries I guess it should be clear in few weeks
    edited May 2013
    And server? :eek:

Shilya, I don't know my exacts stats in HR as I'm using fullbuff
    edited May 2013
    yeah i know but i think that it's still hard to down it x)

i got 281k roses.. any tips on distributing them for 30 rooms +?:D
    edited May 2013
    search by yourself i dont know your dmg :D

ermmm

7128-7459 attack
    400.50 crit damage
    32.50 crit chance

80 fire
    25 earth mastery :/
    edited May 2013
    3881162 if your rose die try it with 1628138

errrrrr i have 106 heal, 72 attack, 108 shield if that helps o_o
    edited May 2013
    Proof than i'm going room 50 :

mini_70481220130512144628.png

Maximum hell road points for 1 HR is actually around 5400 but I do less points at second HR because of rose's points farming.

Hope I can clean it soon :(
    edited May 2013
    Proof than i'm going room 50 :

mini_70481220130512144628.png

Maximum hell road points for 1 HR is actually around 5400 but I do less points at second HR because of rose's points farming.

Hope I can clean it soon :(

i'm only like 30k roses behind and i'm wayyyyy behind in terms of rooms cleared >.<
    edited May 2013
    toofast could u tell ur stats? full buffed or not i dont really care, easier to compare this way
    personally i feel i lack defense to keep on right now, I still have like 50 saved roses and haven't placed much into atk yet so i get more roses each run, still have no idea if i can make high rooms or not.
    Crafting high level chest/waist atm so once i try i'll get all the way (waiting till i got maxed roses then i'll place them into atk)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2013
    toofast could u tell ur stats? full buffed or not i dont really care, easier to compare this way
    personally i feel i lack defense to keep on right now, I still have like 50 saved roses and haven't placed much into atk yet so i get more roses each run, still have no idea if i can make high rooms or not.
    Crafting high level chest/waist atm so once i try i'll get all the way (waiting till i got maxed roses then i'll place them into atk)

Unbuffed :

70k hp
    7200 atk
    1400 def
    28%cc
    28%cdodge
    413%cdmg
    200%cdef
    918 fire mastery
    517 earth mastery
    edited May 2013
    Unbuffed = 67xxx dunno I had to be that exact ;) Buffed is around 76k dunno exactly but I don't think 2xxxhp is doing the work xDD