test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

kindred sin anti cc

kanogokanogo Posts: 100 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Assassin Discussion
I wonder when kindred sins will get at least one anti slow/stun/sleep etc skill ?
Kindred assassin have no such thing whatsoever apart the dark tree where they have just contract of blood, my question is will the kindred edge and venom sins have a chance to get some anti cc skill ? i got tired to get abused by the mages transform or the long stuns from protectors and so on.
Post edited by kanogo on
«1

Comments

  • SFX_Royal - Storm LegionSFX_Royal - Storm Legion Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The reason why assassins have basically no anti-cc is because they are pure cc and damage. The kindred skill is even a cc itself.
    - And I don't think any assassin likes facing a protector. It's near impossible to launch any attack :P
    If you're on my block list :rolleyes:
    Then I don't know who you are. Probably an angry troll.
  • kanogokanogo Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So is frost mage/dark vamp etc... that is not the point because all cc trees from other classes have at least some anti cc/sleep etc while kindred does not have and to give you an example as human sins apart from racial they have anti slow/stun etc on the shadow of gale skill while kindred has literally none and yeah is really needed some anti cc for kindred sin... from all races sin already have the longest cd on defensive skills so why not give them one anti cc skill ?
  • Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kanogo wrote: »
    So is frost mage/dark vamp etc... that is not the point because all cc trees from other classes have at least some anti cc/sleep etc while kindred does not have and to give you an example as human sins apart from racial they have anti slow/stun etc on the shadow of gale skill while kindred has literally none and yeah is really needed some anti cc for kindred sin... from all races sin already have the longest cd on defensive skills so why not give them one anti cc skill ?

    That is why you should have been Human or Lycan from first place xD. Anyway there is no skill that give immun to all CC, but there is a skill like Swift evasion, Contract of blood, Evasion sin gear, Stealth. with thouse you become immun to something, even if not from all.
    Resistancee, immun to dmg :D , evasion(My build) immun to many thing :P .

    Only prot got a skill that give immun to everything in game, but they arent the best class still. Bard is immun to some stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kateena - Storm LegionKateena - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kanogo wrote: »
    I wonder when kindred sins will get at least one anti slow/stun/sleep etc skill ?
    Kindred assassin have no such thing whatsoever apart the dark tree where they have just contract of blood, my question is will the kindred edge and venom sins have a chance to get some anti cc skill ? i got tired to get abused by the mages transform or the long stuns from protectors and so on.

    kindred sins are terrible. WTB racial transfer to lycan.
  • Arizll - EyrdaArizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can get it now. It's called true contract of blood rune. :O
  • heliosflamesheliosflames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    KinSin FTW xD (Full Dark Sin FTW) and the wisdom skill gives you immunities to CC though i think it's kinda dumb they have to miss for you to be immune meaning if they're missing there's kinda no point to it however, it has saved me a few times when another sin VI ~~> DN then they're like O.O how're you still using skills while silenced or stunned so it's ok i guess...
  • kanogokanogo Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can get it now. It's called true contract of blood rune. :O

    By the time you get that rune you are long gone to another game.
  • kanogokanogo Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    KinSin FTW xD (Full Dark Sin FTW) and the wisdom skill gives you immunities to CC though i think it's kinda dumb they have to miss for you to be immune meaning if they're missing there's kinda no point to it however, it has saved me a few times when another sin VI ~~> DN then they're like O.O how're you still using skills while silenced or stunned so it's ok i guess...

    Not everyone wanna be pure dark tree or close to it.
  • Arizll - EyrdaArizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kanogo wrote: »
    By the time you get that rune you are long gone to another game.

    There was one in Eyrda during the nova pack fiasco.
  • heliosflamesheliosflames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kanogo wrote: »
    Not everyone wanna be pure dark tree or close to it.

    Don't think I said he or anyone for that matter should be pure dark sin. Unless you get true contract of blood rune then the only way to be free/immune to all CC is pure dark(kindred) or racial skills which is like 5min CD. Makes me wonder can a human or lycan get contract of blood from the rune or, is it like other runes i saw and says Human Dark Assassin Freedom of wind/ Kindred Dark Assassin Contract of blood?
  • kanogokanogo Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Freedom of wind from human is different from Kindred Dark Assassin Contract of blood... tough they are both anti cc and the reason for not going dark sin is because the very core of dark sin you get it from runes or go hybrid and to dark sin for only Contract of blood/Freedom of wind again means you give away cc for that and that is why i really wonder if they will ever give some anti cc to sins.
  • heliosflamesheliosflames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kanogo wrote: »
    Freedom of wind from human is different from Kindred Dark Assassin Contract of blood... tough they are both anti cc and the reason for not going dark sin is because the very core of dark sin you get it from runes or go hybrid and to dark sin for only Contract of blood/Freedom of wind again means you give away cc for that and that is why i really wonder if they will ever give some anti cc to sins.

    Don't mean to knock ya or anything but, saying the very core of dark sin you can get from runes is... well kinda dumb... Sure you can get some of the good stuff from runes but same goes for venom (in my opinion at least being a dark sin with venom runes increases my DPS). You can't get stuff like relentless quality, Shapeless, Phased Action (which idk why many say sucks that's saved me plenty times. sure it's 5 sec stealth but in those 5 sec i can let off 9 hits w/o being unstealthed and the enemy has to take time to re target me.), deathblow mastery, cover stalker and others from runes. From just about everyone i know who hasn't gone pure dark they say they're not used to having less DPS and/or it's not as easy as the edge tree.
  • kanogokanogo Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What kindred assassin had instead of CC ? oh wait it had the cd reset for the spam skill, focused maneuver witch also helped dark tree go better as eva now is easy added with runes and so on .... so tell me now what is left from dark tree ? just Contract of blood/Freedom of wind and 1-2 skills.
  • heliosflamesheliosflames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kanogo wrote: »
    What kindred assassin had instead of CC ? oh wait it had the cd reset for the spam skill, focused maneuver witch also helped dark tree go better as eva now is easy added with runes and so on .... so tell me now what is left from dark tree ? just Contract of blood/Freedom of wind and 1-2 skills.

    For starters lets start with rapid shadow resetting cool downs of finishers. With this you can easily get a silence after silence and, with runes you can raise the chance of rapid shadow. 48% chance for mine to pop currently. I've had someone silenced so long they asked if i was an edge sin. Just the way I feel(may or may not be true) but rapid shadow pops more than the number says. Has extra 16 eva for those who go eva build, extra 3% crit chance. I've already named the stuff we have not tryna repeat it you can re read my last post for that. My main point is there's way more to a dark sin just because rapid shadow is the main thing people know about us doesn't make it our most important feature. I know a guy (though i wouldn't do this because i have better places to put my points in dark tree) actually spent some of his points in belief of speed and other speed stuff from dark tree. Haven't seen a single person be able to get away from him yet, so much speed he can get RH fast as ever, and i've seen him escape from a few fights from shear speed alone from agony/blast orbs. As for focused maneuver I hardly ever need the extra eva from it, I usually make it proc when i need the extra acc to hit someone and VI is on CD. There's just much more than you know and unless you tried and understood one then you won't know.
  • kanogokanogo Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For starters lets start with rapid shadow resetting cool downs of finishers. With this you can easily get a silence after silence and, with runes you can raise the chance of rapid shadow. 48% chance for mine to pop currently. I've had someone silenced so long they asked if i was an edge sin. Just the way I feel(may or may not be true) but rapid shadow pops more than the number says. Has extra 16 eva for those who go eva build, extra 3% crit chance. I've already named the stuff we have not tryna repeat it you can re read my last post for that. My main point is there's way more to a dark sin just because rapid shadow is the main thing people know about us doesn't make it our most important feature. I know a guy (though i wouldn't do this because i have better places to put my points in dark tree) actually spent some of his points in belief of speed and other speed stuff from dark tree. Haven't seen a single person be able to get away from him yet, so much speed he can get RH fast as ever, and i've seen him escape from a few fights from shear speed alone from agony/blast orbs. As for focused maneuver I hardly ever need the extra eva from it, I usually make it proc when i need the extra acc to hit someone and VI is on CD. There's just much more than you know and unless you tried and understood one then you won't know.

    Do not get me with that ... I have dark sin for over 2 years and if you do a bit of math you will see the extra 2 sec silence edge has is equal to that cd reset for finisher as i said if you learn to quantify the dark skills onto the edge skills you will find out that dark is just the tree from where to get the passive skills needed to further buff your skills as edge or venom ... if and only if dark tree had a better cc then yeah but until then on late game your skills can be easy interrupted just because sin relay to much on chaining the skills... and this discussion is about sin anti cc in the end not what edge has or venom or dark and witch is better... if you wish to talk about that check assassin guide.
  • heliosflamesheliosflames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kanogo wrote: »
    Do not get me with that ... I have dark sin for over 2 years and if you do a bit of math you will see the extra 2 sec silence edge has is equal to that cd reset for finisher as i said if you learn to quantify the dark skills onto the edge skills you will find out that dark is just the tree from where to get the passive skills needed to further buff your skills as edge or venom ... if and only if dark tree had a better cc then yeah but until then on late game your skills can be easy interrupted just because sin relay to much on chaining the skills... and this discussion is about sin anti cc in the end not what edge has or venom or dark and witch is better... if you wish to talk about that check assassin guide.

    lol you went off topic from me talking about CoB and the wisdom tree removing CC(dyos) or making you immune to them(nyos), I only responded to ya. Just because you played a class for over 2 years doesn't mean you're good at it (especially with what you're saying). As for rapid shadow reset = 7 sec silence (i lol'd). As all the sin trees I only ever encountered interrupt when a warr used sword cyclone (if it hits) or main one if im hitting someone and a warr uses assault on me.
  • kanogokanogo Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol you went off topic from me talking about CoB and the wisdom tree removing CC(dyos) or making you immune to them(nyos), I only responded to ya. Just because you played a class for over 2 years doesn't mean you're good at it (especially with what you're saying). As for rapid shadow reset = 7 sec silence (i lol'd). As all the sin trees I only ever encountered interrupt when a warr used sword cyclone (if it hits) or main one if im hitting someone and a warr uses assault on me.

    Yeah i must be noob being one of the top sins on server... go lol somewhere else.
  • heliosflamesheliosflames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kanogo wrote: »
    Yeah i must be noob being one of the top sins on server... go lol somewhere else.

    I'm sorry my wording on my last comment was bad. I meant a tree not a class. Funny how that's all you noticed about the last post though. Did it hurt your feelings? lmao
  • Sabriele - Storm LegionSabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kanogo wrote: »
    Yeah i must be noob being one of the top sins on server... go lol somewhere else.

    Who are you and what server are you from? :3



    As to the OP : I'm a lv80 Kindred Venom sin, i pvp alot, and yeah while we're weak as ** against CC, with the new CC that we can dish, Kindred sins are really all about CCing the other guy before he can cc you. Pitch is also great for interrupting their CC before they finish casting.
    Broken Avatar -- . --

    IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • Arizll - EyrdaArizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I forgot about the new addition from the lycan patch.

    At 5/4 talent points for shadow protection talent(adv shadow protection), you can dispel CC by using shadow protection.
  • AoOni - LionheartAoOni - Lionheart Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i should have just made a human :'(
    damn kindreds and their awesome look :(
    TIME FOR GL!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kateena - Storm LegionKateena - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i should have just made a human :'(
    damn kindreds and their awesome look :(

    I'm kindred for the aesthetics. Human female chests are too small. Go big or go home.

    Seriously though, this is an issue. The anti-CC of humans/lycans is nice compared to kindred sins, making the issue of going dark for the anti-CC skills in dark possibly more attractive than the inherent stuns/higher damage of edge.

    Go dark if you're CCed too much. Go edge if you're too wimpy. That's what I do. For a time, I got CCed out of wrath every single match, and you'd only get one badge.

    But to be immune to CC, kindred have a few options now:
    1. Yellow energy: you need to be evasion, but if you are, go sneak in stealth into some AOE damage and wapow! 7 seconds CC immunity. Just make sure it's not a mage AOE silence, because that's out of stealth vulnerability.
    2. Badges!
    3. Evasion! If they can't hit you, the CC options are limited.
    4. Advanced Shadow Protection rune: Getting stun locked by an edge sin? No problem, go in combat stealth and grab orbs. Then show him what your stun lock sequence feels like with red hands!!
    5. Contract of Blood: Yes, this requires a true rune. Glad I got one. Pop that sucker for 9 seconds of CC immunity at the cost of some health. I'd save this for when I have red hands or when some pesky bard or prot pops their CD ability to stop me every time I attack them. Absolute counter measure this!

    Generally, I've found these characteristics to have completely changed my game since last season. Gone are the days of being CCed out of wrath. Now I just feel like I can't do damage like the blood warriors or dark vamps, but with red hands, I generally do enough damage to give myself a fighting chance at victory.
  • AoOni - LionheartAoOni - Lionheart Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm kindred for the aesthetics. Human female chests are too small. Go big or go home.

    Seriously though, this is an issue. The anti-CC of humans/lycans is nice compared to kindred sins, making the issue of going dark for the anti-CC skills in dark possibly more attractive than the inherent stuns/higher damage of edge.

    Go dark if you're CCed too much. Go edge if you're too wimpy. That's what I do. For a time, I got CCed out of wrath every single match, and you'd only get one badge.

    But to be immune to CC, kindred have a few options now:
    1. Yellow energy: you need to be evasion, but if you are, go sneak in stealth into some AOE damage and wapow! 7 seconds CC immunity. Just make sure it's not a mage AOE silence, because that's out of stealth vulnerability.
    2. Badges!
    3. Evasion! If they can't hit you, the CC options are limited.
    4. Advanced Shadow Protection rune: Getting stun locked by an edge sin? No problem, go in combat stealth and grab orbs. Then show him what your stun lock sequence feels like with red hands!!
    5. Contract of Blood: Yes, this requires a true rune. Glad I got one. Pop that sucker for 9 seconds of CC immunity at the cost of some health. I'd save this for when I have red hands or when some pesky bard or prot pops their CD ability to stop me every time I attack them. Absolute counter measure this!

    Generally, I've found these characteristics to have completely changed my game since last season. Gone are the days of being CCed out of wrath. Now I just feel like I can't do damage like the blood warriors or dark vamps, but with red hands, I generally do enough damage to give myself a fighting chance at victory.

    Too many acc stackers to go eva :(
    Also i never seen any of those runes, even during the nova pack fiasco >.<
    It's not that i get cc-ed much but it gets really old when you fight an ice mage who keeps you frozen 99% of the time and when you can finally land a silence they can just pop pray out :/
    TIME FOR GL!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kanogokanogo Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well why everyone has to point out dark tree i do not understand... as i mentioned before there are players who wish to play venom or edge and for example venom tree has no anti cc at all and as venom you can not go evasion because is not ment to be evasion and yes dark tree is to be evasion to use the full potential of that tree.
    I mean seriously now lets take an example of other melee class:

    Elemental Warrior = stun locks way way better then sin would ever do it as edge especially after they get the needed energy from runes and i would trade if i could the skill we get for crit chance as sin with the warrior one, anti cc x3 for any class +1 extra for human, charge witch stuns and can be easy talented to require so damn low distance and so low cd also like was not enough they have stun resistance now witch make it very difficult to even stun them... anyway what i did wish to point out is that kindred sin really need some sort of anti cc for venom and edge.

    And for that true rune you people say i wish you good luck to get it with the drop rate of that skill.
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kanogo wrote: »

    Elemental Warrior = stun locks way way better then sin would ever do it as edge especially after they get the needed energy from runes and i would trade if i could the skill we get for crit chance as sin with the warrior one, anti cc x3 for any class +1 extra for human, charge witch stuns and can be easy talented to require so damn low distance and so low cd also like was not enough they have stun resistance now witch make it very difficult to even stun them... anyway what i did wish to point out is that kindred sin really need some sort of anti cc for venom and edge.

    And for that true rune you people say i wish you good luck to get it with the drop rate of that skill.

    I'm guessing you've never actually played a warrior... everything seems more OP when it's killing you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • kanogokanogo Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing you've never actually played a warrior... everything seems more OP when it's killing you.

    I do not know how much you know about wars but even if you know a bit you should be smart enough to see that the tree that needed the least buffs got the most and also i do not know how the pvp works out for ya there on the pve server because here on the pvp servers wars are op and is not about what kill you means is op i did not said i get killed by wars, I did show an example without to even point out all the fancy things wars have... the thread is about why kindred sins do not have any kind of anti cc for venom or edge because human does have one apart the racial skill for edge.
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry but
    kanogo wrote: »
    Elemental Warrior = stun locks way way better then sin would ever do it as edge

    Makes me think you have no idea what you're talking about. I never said warriors weren't OP, both ele warriors and edge sins are pretty OP in 1v1 situations.

    Only difference between PvP server and PvE server is theres no open world PvP here.

    Back on topic assassins main counter to CC is the fact that they can completely avoid it in stealth till they attack, no other class has that option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • kanogokanogo Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry but



    Makes me think you have no idea what you're talking about. I never said warriors weren't OP, both ele warriors and edge sins are pretty OP in 1v1 situations.

    Only difference between PvP server and PvE server is theres no open world PvP here.

    Back on topic assassins main counter to CC is the fact that they can completely avoid it in stealth till they attack, no other class has that option.


    Wow so warrior is op only in 1v1 ? And that sin stealth you say they can still get hit while in stealth and is not as op you may think also compared to wars again sins have high chance for one crit when comes from stealth if talent while warrior have it all the time... try a pvp server instead of pve... we here like to pvp not pve and stop talking things you do not know because war is not op only in 1v1 is also in group pvp.
  • heliosflamesheliosflames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm kindred for the aesthetics. Human female chests are too small. Go big or go home.

    Seriously though, this is an issue. The anti-CC of humans/lycans is nice compared to kindred sins, making the issue of going dark for the anti-CC skills in dark possibly more attractive than the inherent stuns/higher damage of edge.

    Go dark if you're CCed too much. Go edge if you're too wimpy. That's what I do. For a time, I got CCed out of wrath every single match, and you'd only get one badge.

    But to be immune to CC, kindred have a few options now:
    1. Yellow energy: you need to be evasion, but if you are, go sneak in stealth into some AOE damage and wapow! 7 seconds CC immunity. Just make sure it's not a mage AOE silence, because that's out of stealth vulnerability.
    2. Badges!
    3. Evasion! If they can't hit you, the CC options are limited.
    4. Advanced Shadow Protection rune: Getting stun locked by an edge sin? No problem, go in combat stealth and grab orbs. Then show him what your stun lock sequence feels like with red hands!!
    5. Contract of Blood: Yes, this requires a true rune. Glad I got one. Pop that sucker for 9 seconds of CC immunity at the cost of some health. I'd save this for when I have red hands or when some pesky bard or prot pops their CD ability to stop me every time I attack them. Absolute counter measure this!

    Generally, I've found these characteristics to have completely changed my game since last season. Gone are the days of being CCed out of wrath. Now I just feel like I can't do damage like the blood warriors or dark vamps, but with red hands, I generally do enough damage to give myself a fighting chance at victory.

    O.o evertime i see you, you're giving something/someone hell lol i'd kill to see ya struggle in a pvp situation ^_^
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kanogo wrote: »
    Wow so warrior is op only in 1v1 ? And that sin stealth you say they can still get hit while in stealth and is not as op you may think also compared to wars again sins have high chance for one crit when comes from stealth if talent while warrior have it all the time... try a pvp server instead of pve... we here like to pvp not pve and stop talking things you do not know because war is not op only in 1v1 is also in group pvp.

    Yes you can get hit in stealth, but you shouldn't be unless you're standing around next to an enemy waiting, also you get an evasion boost in stealth. Elemental warriors only get the crit chance bonus for 1 attack after assault, and not "all the time" as you seem to think. Which seems to be balanced with the sins bonus from stealth fairly well actually.

    Also you seem remarkably ignorant about the difference between PvE and PvP servers, even though I already explained them to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
Sign In or Register to comment.