test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Guide] Deciding a Class

lamesquirellamesquirel Posts: 284 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Class Discussion
In this Guide, I will try to help people decide on a class.
Click Here for my Guide that provides Class information

I made a guide that provides Class information, but this one is more geared towards helping you decide on the exact class. Also will try and give you tips.

Other Players Influences and Class Roles

Each class has three tree's, these trees are crucial to what you will be doing in a party.

Healers
Click here to watch a video of the healers (instead of reading)
If you are a Priest, Bard, or Vampire and your not spec'd for healing, tell your your party prior to the instance or right at the start of a instance. This is a HUGE factor to bring in when your a class that has healing potential and your not a going to be healing. That will annoy people. So when your specing your trees, make sure you take that into concideration. I met plenty of people that played a glacial priest that later respec'd because they got sick of hearing complaints.

Tanks

Click here to watch a video of the tank (instead of reading)
Protectors and Warriors are the usual tanks in all parties. When making a party, you want to clerify who is tanking. If a tank dies and your a Protector or Warrior, then its your job to start tanking. Don't let an assassin try to tank. That is the makings of a bad Tank. Although you can spec your Protector or Warrior as a tank in almost all the trees, be sure to get help if your not sure what you're doing. The Class discussion forums for you designated class area great place to start. Just don't go asking for someones build, but make your own and ask how you could improve it. If you are a Protector or Warrior, then you will be pressured into being a tank on most occasions. Protectors and warriors both have a tree that isnt made for Tanking, but you should be able to tank.

DPS/DD/Support/etc..

Click here to watch a video of the DPS/DD/Support/etc... (instead of reading)
All classes can be counted in this category. In parties, these are anyone not designated as a Healer, Sub healer, or Tank. Anyone can sub tank, but shouldnt be needed if the party is decent. Your role is to basically, do what ever is needed. You want to spec towards doing as much damage as possible. You can either go for most damage per second, or most damage in 1 attack. Both are great was to build. Another way to spec is support. Which the best example is the Bard. They are multiple party buffs while dealing great damage. The only time someone will tell complain to you in this area, is if your not doing alot of damage, or helping the team. Otherwise your in the clear in most cases.
Bard - Support, DPS
Sin - DPS, DoT
MM - DPS, DD (not very good, nerfed bad)
Mage - DPS, DD, mob control
Warrior - DPS, DD
Vamp - DPS, DoT
Priest - DPS, DD
Protector - DD, mob control

1 Hit Wonders

Click here to watch a video on One Hit Wonders (instead of reading)

Ever want to be a class that does great damage in 1 single blow? Well here are some classes to think about.

Protector, they have stuns and attacks that can deal great amounts of damage in one blow. although they don't attack as fast as some classes, they still hit hard. They also have high defense.

Warrior, they have high HP and with the right build can deal high damage in 1 hit. Great class to try out if you're new because it's a simple class to pick up, and great to find a use in a party

Priests, with the right build a priest can be a powerful tool. I believe it is the glacial priest that can deal a great damage at once.

There are a couple other classes but you have to be spec'd and geared properly to do it.

With these classes, you will not be able to 1 hit a boss or more powerful mobs. You will be able to 1 hit average mobs with some skills. Although the right build is crucial. You can always get help on the forums.

Quick like a rabbit, sting like a bee

Click her to watch a video of Quick like a rabbit, sting like a bee

Want to have a great Damage per second rate constantly? Well there is a few classes to think about.

Assassin (sin) - This is the most obvious and commonly known. Edge sins are great for dealing high amounts of damage in a short amount of time, Venom Sins are great for Damage over time, and Dark (shadow) sins, the stealthiest assassins of all. If you want to deal great amount of damage in a short time, then Edge sin is your class. They are the most known but the gear is expensive and you will see a sin probably very second your in a crowded area.

Marksman - This class is so nerfed i don't know what to say. All i can say is that they are a fun class to play. Although they do get dissed alot. This class is fairly decent in PvE. Gear is really cheap and this class is a once in a blue moon to be sighted. Really not as bad its made out to be, its just they need more effort in gear then other classes to be good.

Bard - This is a harder class to pick up on the spot, reasons be is that you have to remember combos and rotations of skills because the best skills are the combos. So to be good you have to focus on combos and rotations. Easy once you get the hang and the combos actually make it a very interesting class, recommend to try after a Mage or Priest.

Mage - Fire is a DPS build, Lightning for Mobs, and Ice for PvP. For the best DPS output, i would recommend Fire. You can do great damage quick and fast with this, its kind of a like an assassin but at a distance. This is recommended for any players not used to MMORPGs, one of the easiest classes to pick up and feel like a boss.

Prevent Death, be a Healer

Click here to listen about Preventing Death, Be a Healer (instead of reading)

There are 3 healing classes, bard, priest, and vampire. I will talk about the bard and priest. The Vampire will be at the end of the discussion.

Priest - The main healing class. Bard and vampires can also be healers, argueably better. The priest how ever was designed for healing while bard was for support. Vampire is a story for later. If you never been a healer but want to try or atleast be useful in a group. Then choose this for your class.

Bard - Great for healing parties on the fly. I love bard personally for a sub healer because they are a great support class. good buffs, heals, and nice damage output. Although they are excellent healers, dont let me discourage you. If you like a challenging yet fun gameplay, this is a class for you. The can heal just as good as a priest can if you get a good build.

Taste of Blood

Click here to watch a video of Taste of Blood (instead of Reading)

I will now be covering the "Vampire", this mythological creature is in a MMO, a great MMO called Forsaken World. It has multiple uses with a variety of builds.

Tanking - Vampires are arguably a decent tanking. With a decent healer and the right build, the vampire class can tank without dying. Although it is NOT recommended.

Healing - Vampires are capable of healing. They are amazing healers and you can be a DPS and a sub healer.

DPS/DD - Vampires are able to do vasts amount of damage in a short period of time like other classes.

It all comes down to your build with the Vampire.

Why be a Vampire?

The best reason to be a Vampire is if you like to switch classes alot. With the vampire, if you want to pay a small fee, you would basically be able to switch your class with out having to relevel all the way back up. This class is also great to paly because of its uniqueness compared to other classes.

I just want to play by myself

Click here to watch a video of Solo Play (instead of reading)

Just want to play the game without having to deal with instances, PvP, or guilds?
Well you will be missing out but here is some good classes to try.

1)Warrior - great survivability do to the High HP, also has a decent attack damage and speed.
2)Priest - great survivability since you can heal yourself. Also can kill mobs easy.
3)Mage - not the best survivability but has a tree, purely about killing multiple mobs at once.
4)Vampire - Most versatile of all the classes. You can get a build were you can heal yourself and kill mobs easy.
5)Drum roll please......... Marksman - what, why would this crazy guy say this class? The marksman isn't an entirely bad class. It is very fun to play if your just going to play by yourself, plus the burst tree isnt half bad.

In case I missed anything or messed up, please feel free to comment. If you believe i am wrong, please explain why so i can fix it properly with the right answer. Also, if you want something added feel free to post it also.
Post edited by lamesquirel on

Comments

• Bellzeba - Storm LegionBellzeba - Storm Legion Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Very nice guide, I'm sure this will help new players make a decision on what class they want to be and how to play their class the right way
    [SIGPIC] Siggy made by : Bellzeba <3 [/SIGPIC]

Guild : iScream
    Server : Storm
  • lamesquirellamesquirel Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Very nice guide, I'm sure this will help new players make a decision on what class they want to be and how to play their class the right way

Thanks for the input, i am glad that i made a decent guide on my first try, when i made Do you need help choosing a class guide, it kind of have like 50,000 edits. I will probably just perty this one up.
  • Brim_McRoy - EyrdaBrim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Props on the guide best one sums up the classes and keeps it simple.

+1 lamesquirrel :cool:
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Props on the guide best one sums up the classes and keeps it simple.

+1 lamesquirrel :cool:

Thank you for your support :P I am not the best at PvE or PvP so just glad i can help out this great community.
  • xgreatkhanxxgreatkhanx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I made a guide that provides Class information, but this one is more geared towards helping you decide on the exact class. Also will try and give you tips.

Each class has three tree's, these trees are crucial to what you will be doing in a party.

Healers
    If you are a Priest, Bard, or Vampire and your not spec'd for healing, tell your your party prior to the instance or right at the start of a instance. This is a HUGE factor to bring in when your a class that has healing potential and your not a going to be healing. That will annoy people. So when your specing your trees, make sure you take that into concideration. I met plenty of people that played a glacial priest that later respec'd because they got sick of hearing complaints.

Tanks

Protectors and Warriors are the usual tanks in all parties. When making a party, you want to clerify who is tanking. If a tank dies and your a Protector or Warrior, then its your job to start tanking. Don't let an assassin try to tank. That is the makings of a bad Tank. Although you can spec your Protector or Warrior as a tank in almost all the trees, be sure to get help if your not sure what you're doing. The Class discussion forums for you designated class area great place to start. Just don't go asking for someones build, but make your own and ask how you could improve it. If you are a Protector or Warrior, then you will be pressured into being a tank on most occasions. Protectors and warriors both have a tree that isnt made for Tanking, but you should be able to tank.

DPS/DD/Support/etc..

All classes can be counted in this category. In parties, these are anyone not designated as a Healer, Sub healer, or Tank. Anyone can sub tank, but shouldnt be needed if the party is decent. Your role is to basically, do what ever is needed. You want to spec towards doing as much damage as possible. You can either go for most damage per second, or most damage in 1 attack. Both are great was to build. Another way to spec is support. Which the best example is the Bard. They are multiple party buffs while dealing great damage. The only time someone will tell complain to you in this area, is if your not doing alot of damage, or helping the team. Otherwise your in the clear in most cases.
    Bard - Support, DPS
    Sin - DPS, DoT
    Warrior - DPS, DD
    Vamp - DPS, DoT
    Priest - DPS, DD

1 Hit Wonders

Ever want to be a class that does great damage in 1 single blow? Well here are some classes to think about.

Protector, they have stuns and attacks that can deal great amounts of damage in one blow. although they don't attack as fast as some classes, they still hit hard. They also have high defense.

Warrior, they have high HP and with the right build can deal high damage in 1 hit. Great class to try out if you're new because it's a simple class to pick up, and great to find a use in a party

Priests, with the right build a priest can be a powerful tool. I believe it is the glacial priest that can deal a great damage at once.

There are a couple other classes but you have to be spec'd and geared properly to do it.

With these classes, you will not be able to 1 hit a boss or more powerful mobs. You will be able to 1 hit average mobs with some skills. Although the right build is crucial. You can always get help on the forums.

Want to have a great Damage per second rate constantly? Well there is a few classes to think about.

Assassin (sin) - This is the most obvious and commonly known. Edge sins are great for dealing high amounts of damage in a short amount of time, Venom Sins are great for Damage over time, and Dark (shadow) sins, the stealthiest assassins of all. If you want to deal great amount of damage in a short time, then Edge sin is your class. They are the most known but the gear is expensive and you will see a sin probably very second your in a crowded area.

Marksman - This class is so nerfed i don't know what to say. All i can say is that they are a fun class to play. Although they do get dissed alot. This class is fairly decent in PvE. Gear is really cheap and this class is a once in a blue moon to be sighted. Really not as bad its made out to be, its just they need more effort in gear then other classes to be good.

Bard - This is a harder class to pick up on the spot, reasons be is that you have to remember combos and rotations of skills because the best skills are the combos. So to be good you have to focus on combos and rotations. Easy once you get the hang and the combos actually make it a very interesting class, recommend to try after a Mage or Priest.

Mage - Fire is a DPS build, Lightning for Mobs, and Ice for PvP. For the best DPS output, i would recommend Fire. You can do great damage quick and fast with this, its kind of a like an assassin but at a distance. This is recommended for any players not used to MMORPGs, one of the easiest classes to pick up and feel like a boss.

Prevent Death, be a healer

There are 3 healing classes, bard, priest, and vampire. I will talk about the bard and priest. The Vampire will be at the end of the discussion.

Priest - The main healing class. Bard and vampires can also be healers, argueably better. The priest how ever was designed for healing while bard was for support. Vampire is a story for later. If you never been a healer but want to try or atleast be useful in a group. Then choose this for your class.

Bard - Great for healing parties on the fly. I love bard personally for a sub healer because they are a great support class. good buffs, heals, and nice damage output. Although they are excellent healers, dont let me discourage you. If you like a challenging yet fun gameplay, this is a class for you. The can heal just as good as a priest can if you get a good build.

Taste of Blood

I will now be covering the "Vampire", this mythological creature is in a MMO, a great MMO called Forsaken World. It has multiple uses with a variety of builds.

Tanking - Vampires are arguably a decent tanking. With a decent healer and the right build, the vampire class can tank without dying. Although it is NOT recommended.

Healing - Vampires are capable of healing. They are amazing healers and you can be a DPS and a sub healer.

DPS/DD - Vampires are able to do vasts amount of damage in a short period of time like other classes.

Why be a Vampire?

The best reason to be a Vampire is if you like to switch classes alot. With the vampire, if you want to pay a small fee, you would basically be able to switch your class with out having to relevel all the way back up. This class is also great to paly because of its uniqueness compared to other classes.

Just want to play the game without having to deal with instances, PvP, or guilds?

1)Warrior - great survivability do to the High HP, also has a decent attack damage and speed.
    2)Priest - great survivability since you can heal yourself. Also can kill mobs easy.
    3)Mage - not the best survivability but has a tree, purely about killing multiple mobs at once.
    4)Vampire - Most versatile of all the classes. You can get a build were you can heal yourself and kill mobs easy.
    5)Drum roll please......... Marksman - what, why would this crazy guy say this class? The marksman isn't an entirely bad class. It is very fun to play if your just going to play by yourself, plus the burst tree isnt half bad.

In case I missed anything or messed up, please feel free to comment. If you believe i am wrong, please explain why so i can fix it properly with the right answer. Also, if you want something added feel free to post it also.

thanks for this it really helped but i would like to ask something i was wondering about the warrior i would like to play by myself at the start but eventually join a guild will many guilds want a warrior in there guild or not
    edited November 2012
    If you decide on a Warrior, you will be able to find a guild. Guilds tend to recruit by activity more then class. Finding a guild is always easy (unless your rude and bad at the game).
  • goodmorningm8goodmorningm8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, but i don't see a problem with sin tanking if war/prot cannot hold aggro and sin has more HP than they do :D
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, but i don't see a problem with sin tanking if war/prot cannot hold aggro and sin has more HP than they do :D

Never heard of a Sin having more HP then a Warrior.

Warriors have more HP then a Protector and a Protector has more defense then a Warrior. Bloodlust Warriors increase their HP.

Sins do NOT have more HP then a warrior. Maybe early game but have level 30 I highly debt a Sin will ever have more HP then a Warrior. I also believe that Warriors have more Defence then a Sin.
    edited December 2012
    So I am going to make videos on the information to just because i'm bored. any feed back would be great.
  • goodmorningm8goodmorningm8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Warriors have more HP then a Protector and a Protector has more defense then a Warrior. Bloodlust Warriors increase their HP.

Sins do NOT have more HP then a warrior. Maybe early game but have level 30 I highly debt a Sin will ever have more HP then a Warrior. I also believe that Warriors have more Defence then a Sin.

In equal gear, sure, but if sin has all purples 12/12 ETC, then sin will have more HP than say 6/12 refined tok set warrior so ye. i guess usually that's not the case.:D
    edited December 2012
    In equal gear, sure, but if sin has all purples 12/12 ETC, then sin will have more HP than say 6/12 refined tok set warrior so ye. i guess usually that's not the case.:D

Well I actually won't comment on that cause I would have to actually see this on people with that kind of equips, cause I wouldn't know. I doubt a Sin will beet a Blood Warrior, and the warrior will more likely have better defence then the Sin. Inless the warrior sucks. You can have all the HP in the world, but if you don't have a strong defence you take more damage.

so here is a great example.

sin has 15k HP and the warrior has 13k HP. The Healers spells do 4k Heal
    Warrior has a better defence and takes 2k damage per hit.
    Sin has less defence and takes 4k damage per hit.
    The warrior would be able to take 2 hits per heal while the sin takes 1 hit needs a heal.

I made up the example, it is obviously fake. It has a point to it though.
  • Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sorry, but a good sin will beat a good blood war. what sin lacks in hp and defense that a war has, they make up in dps and stuns and silence. doesnt matter how much hp you have if you are stunlocked while your opponent gathers a ton of wrath.
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
    edited December 2012
    Sorry, but a good sin will beat a good blood war. what sin lacks in hp and defense that a war has, they make up in dps and stuns and silence. doesnt matter how much hp you have if you are stunlocked while your opponent gathers a ton of wrath.

umm sorry but this is a conversation about tanking. Inless I missed something. A tank is the class that takes the damage, but sin is the class that deals the damage. Sin is DPS for a reason and not a tank.
  • Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ah well, i must have misread something on the page LOL

well anyway, yea war is probably the better choice for tanking and definitely better for pulling instances, unless its eva sin, but most sins can tank instances pretty well and can easily outdps a war (assuming roughly equal gear/mastery/lvl).
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
    edited December 2012
    ah well, i must have misread something on the page LOL

well anyway, yea war is probably the better choice for tanking and definitely better for pulling instances, unless its eva sin, but most sins can tank instances pretty well and can easily outdps a war (assuming roughly equal gear/mastery/lvl).

It is all good. I would never trust a sin tanking. I would rather have a Warrior or Protector tank and have the sin to DPS.

Second Video is up (tanking). Next one is DPS, and down. I kind of follow the text on the page but I also add a little. So check them out.
  • ageis213213ageis213213 Posts: 27
    edited December 2012
    well wars can tank Aegis is best for tanking in warr tree cuz it generate threat and all tree of prot r threat generator in a team with war and sin together with equal geared sin can easily take aggro cuz of their high dmg unless the war is aegis so u can't say a war is bad tank just becuz another class can out dps them like sin and vamp.

Also a blood war can beat sin easily cuz of their stance and massive dmg that comes from DU and don't forget aor unstealth sin so Sword Cylone will do the job
    edited December 2012
    well wars can tank Aegis is best for tanking in warr tree cuz it generate threat and all tree of prot r threat generator in a team with war and sin together with equal geared sin can easily take aggro cuz of their high dmg unless the war is aegis so u can't say a war is bad tank just becuz another class can out dps them like sin and vamp.

Also a blood war can beat sin easily cuz of their stance and massive dmg that comes from DU and don't forget aor unstealth sin so Sword Cylone will do the job

+1 for you

Also, added the DPS video.

Edit - Added more videos, doing the last one vampire for this series. Subsribe to my channel, I am going to do more Forsaken World series.
  • junnz89junnz89 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    kinda stupid complaining.. lol.. just know your class well and u will good.. QQ
  • blazingvoltblazingvolt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Healers
    Click here to watch a video of the healers (instead of reading)

Tanks

Click here to watch a video of the tank (instead of reading)

DPS/DD/Support/etc..

Click here to watch a video of the DPS/DD/Support/etc... (instead of reading)
    Bard - Support, DPS
    Sin - DPS, DoT
    Warrior - DPS, DD
    Vamp - DPS, DoT
    Priest - DPS, DD

1 Hit Wonders

Click here to watch a video on One Hit Wonders (instead of reading)

Click her to watch a video of Quick like a rabbit, sting like a bee

Prevent Death, be a Healer

Click here to listen about Preventing Death, Be a Healer (instead of reading)

Taste of Blood

Click here to watch a video of Taste of Blood (instead of Reading)

Why be a Vampire?

Click here to watch a video of Solo Play (instead of reading)

I agree that vampires are cool and its so uniqu becoz no other mmo has a class like vampire but trust me,I played vampires they are strong,and can do cool things like turn into bat and many more,BUT i played till 36 and i observed that my vampire all my mana in 5 skills only.
    And its so hard to regain my mana quickly during the battle.
    edited August 2013
    I agree that vampires are cool and its so uniqu becoz no other mmo has a class like vampire but trust me,I played vampires they are strong,and can do cool things like turn into bat and many more,BUT i played till 36 and i observed that my vampire all my mana in 5 skills only.
    And its so hard to regain my mana quickly during the battle.

I haven't played FW since the Lycans came out? I think? It has been awhile and I have played plenty of games since. So my information of what I am about to say will probably have a error or 2 in it so correct me if I'm wrong.

Mana shouldn't be that big of a problem at that level. Just look into your abilities you are using. It would be better to save an high damage and high mana costing abilities later. Also, if you're in a party I believe bards(?) can give you mana. Also potions are a wise investment and spamming them is a must in instances. Find a combo that has a lower mana cost. Rework your masteries and check your armor.

If the problem continues, it should disappear after a few levels. at level 36 all you have to do is GT, Henries, and afk training when you aren't playing. Should be level 45+ in no time and the problem should go away. Well inless they took away the EXP increases recently.
  • Sabriele - Storm LegionSabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It is all good. I would never trust a sin tanking. I would rather have a Warrior or Protector tank and have the sin to DPS.

Second Video is up (tanking). Next one is DPS, and down. I kind of follow the text on the page but I also add a little. So check them out.

Are you on Storm? I'd happily tank any instance currently in FW for ya =)
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
    edited August 2013
    Are you on Storm? I'd happily tank any instance currently in FW for ya =)

It isn't that I think Sins cant tank. I like to avoid as many chances for failure as possible. It is all about preference. This is also a guide to show new players the classes. It isn't that sins cant do it, it is that I would like to take the greatest chance of success. Even if it is 1% increase in chance of success. Try the game Bloodbowl (chaos edition) and you will understand where this all comes from :P

I also don't play FW at the moment. I play it on and off a lot because I don't like all the dailies.
  • Sabriele - Storm LegionSabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It isn't that I think Sins cant tank. I like to avoid as many chances for failure as possible. It is all about preference. This is also a guide to show new players the classes. It isn't that sins cant do it, it is that I would like to take the greatest chance of success. Even if it is 1% increase in chance of success. Try the game Bloodbowl (chaos edition) and you will understand where this all comes from :P

I also don't play FW at the moment. I play it on and off a lot because I don't like all the dailies.

True, dailies suck. Instances are still funs :3

and i get what u mean about chance
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • deduke#7851 deduke Posts: 1 New User
    Thank you so much for the good guide. This guide is very useful for me. It helps me, a newbie, a lot to decide which my play style should be. Keep doing great. :)
  • amb35135amb35135 Posts: 11 Arc User

Yes they can't have more hp but what about an eva sin
  • If you decide on a Warrior, you will be able to find a guild. Guilds tend to recruit by activity more then class. Finding a guild is always easy (unless your rude and bad at the game).