test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A class that fits my character?

Red_siren - EyrdaRed_siren - Eyrda Posts: 16 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Class Discussion
I'd like some help...Which class fits (most of) these best, in your opinion?

-Pretty good survivability: not the topmost DPS, but my HP aren't low often, although I'm persistent.
-Quite flexible and can fill several roles.
-I like getting things done fast (so that I can slack around the rest of the time :p). But I'm not the fastest one around, I think.
-I can buff others too.
-As a person, I'm concerned with protecting/aiding the people I love. Also, I can freeze people with a stare (in a battle too), or make them love me equally easily.
-I can be low-profile and avoidant like a sin, persistent like a warrior or priest, multi-task like a vamp, and be creative like a bard. Other classes don't seem to fit me much.

Thanks for any opinion! :D
Post edited by Red_siren - Eyrda on

Comments

• supernoobstersupernoobster Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I guess a glacial priest would be the closest to your description. Human for PvE and Elf for PvP.

They do good amount of damage (great even), can heal themselves decently, and able to buff others along with themselves, and are long range attacks which can keep with love profiling.
  • MeowHeals - EyrdaMeowHeals - Eyrda Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You should beg the devs to make a godclass only for you...
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I guess a glacial priest would be the closest to your description. Human for PvE and Elf for PvP.

They do good amount of damage (great even), can heal themselves decently, and able to buff others along with themselves, and are long range attacks which can keep with love profiling.

actually at low levels, having a glacial priest can really be a pain to get into instances, but it's indeed ok at end game however I would say that a bard, specially a wind one (maybe light at earlier lvl but meh, it's fast anyway).

- strong DPS
    - awesome party buff
    - can manage more support skills or more damages skills according to the situation
    - high survability and can be eva built too

However I've never played a bard, and heard that it's completely different from others classes.

Just my 2 cents :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Summanus - IllyfueSummanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    if u want to be a multi purpose jack of all trades - vampire (blood). They are the utility class of the game. Can heal, tank, buff, and do dmg. They are flexible enough to fit many roles.

A light bard or a light/wind bard hybrid can do the similar job at endgame. Bards are notoriously different to other classes. Most of the time when playing one, you're not really paying attention much to what's going on, rather keeping ur chords active and trying to stay one step head to react and activate chords. Its one of the reasons bards cant really bot in this game.
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
    edited September 2012
    if u want to be a multi purpose jack of all trades - vampire (blood). They are the utility class of the game. Can heal, tank, buff, and do dmg. They are flexible enough to fit many roles.

A light bard or a light/wind bard hybrid can do the similar job at endgame. Bards are notoriously different to other classes. Most of the time when playing one, you're not really paying attention much to what's going on, rather keeping ur chords active and trying to stay one step head to react and activate chords. Its one of the reasons bards cant really bot in this game.

Vamps got buffs? o.o

So far i know the buffs they do have is selfbuffs or invig that barely lasts much, but is good for feast boost.
  • Summanus - IllyfueSummanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Blood vamps invigoration is helpful, specially if u have low hp tank in party. Not to mention the attack buff if ur a dark vamp. Its not much, and cant buff like a bard obviously.

The topic creator tho is asking too much. Such a class does not exist. But a blood vamp or bard comes close.
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
    edited September 2012
    Blood vamps invigoration is helpful, specially if u have low hp tank in party. Not to mention the attack buff if ur a dark vamp. Its not much, and cant buff like a bard obviously.

The topic creator tho is asking too much. Such a class does not exist. But a blood vamp or bard comes close.

Like i said, he/she/it should beg the devs for a godmode class.
  • ixthuaixthua Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Bard perfectly meets your description, his buffs are the strongest, can solo heal many instances, very good in dd and aoe, water tree has probably the highest survivability among all classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Red_siren - EyrdaRed_siren - Eyrda Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for all the replies! :D :D :D

So it's narrowing down to priests, bards and vamps...that's already very helpful! :)
    I have few questions...My first char was a blood vamp, and I loved the multi-tasking, but got killed often...Are they actually that killable or I just didn't build my char well? Also, I don't understand the main diffrence between end-game priests and bards...could you help me on this one? Both can buff/heal/dps, but I heard water bards can be good PvPers and priests can focus on support...so I get confused.
    I'm trying to figure out from the guide comparison threads, if you know any link that sums things up please tell!!!

I know there's not an exact class like what I'm asking, that would be too much to ask for, indeed. (godmode class...if that describes my RL character, I'm pretty flattered XD I wish it were true :p)
    edited September 2012
    double post
  • homosimpsonshomosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We had the same dilemma as you then we rolled 5 classes(except prot) and geared them well. I never had a problem since then.
    edited September 2012
    I do have several low-lvl ones, but...unfortunately, I'll soon have playtime only for one or two characters the most...:( I need to make a careful choice, since I'll practically play only one char. Low-lvl characters don't help too much in understanding the possibilities, because of lack of experience, so I needed to ask for your wisdom :)

I understood the basic diffrences between bards and priests, after reading the comparison threads...Now I'm only confused about comparing them with the vamps, both in healing and PvP. Maybe I should start a new thread about it? I'll pick 2 out of 3 and focus on them :)
  • supernoobstersupernoobster Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2012

lol damn iphone I meant low profiling not love profiling

Okay, since I am here and have all three classes 60+ I will share some of my experience with them.

Water Bard - Great for pvping, can take strong hits, and hit back strong (single target wise). Lacks some PvE support

Light Bard - Great for pveing, great healers (even better with baptism lvl 55ish), and aoe heals far and somewhat fast. Lacks hp, def, and pvp support. Their survivability depends on their gear, but I would rate them around the meh range.

Wind Bard - Not experimented with or tried yet.

Dark Vampire - Great for pvping, ccing (single target wise), hit hard, and have high eva (even if not gear/gemed for it). Lacks multi target control and burn mana pretty fast. Survivability depends on gear/gems, but ususally they are meh since they drain their own hp to feed their attacks more power until they put a talent point into the level 70 skill that heals them instead of makes them lose hp when they attack..

Blood Vampire - Great healer (preferably after level 55, awesome when you get level 75 talent), decent cursing, and not very bad survivability. Lacks fast healing, damage is meh, and lacks buffs. Can be used for both PvE and PvP, but it really depends on what gear/specs/gems.

Inferno Vampire - Great for pveing, damage is nice, good damage (single target wise), and curses are painful. In the PvP aspect, they are only good for pvping after they obtain the level 65 skill inferno bat, which causes them to stun their enemy while causing massive (depending on gear/gems/spec/MASTERY) and their curses hurt if they hit you while your cursed.

Divine Priest - Great healer off the bat for PvE and PvE, good survivablilty(, but it really depends on race), and have great buffs and a nice single target debuff. Lacks damage, ccing, and depends on certain gears.

Glacial Priest - Great damage dealer, great single target control and decent group controling for PvP and PvE (again depends on race), can heal from meh to good (depends on mastery and talents in tree), and curses/buffs are great. Really mainly only depends on one thing... Mastery, everything else really depends on gear and gems (basically by now you should notice its pretty much goes on every class about the gems and gears). Survivabiliy really depends on gear and tree, but its normally around the good range.

Rebel Priest - Good pvp and pve after a certain level depending on build (normally 55+), decent dps, decent heals, and great curses. I didn't really get too into this since I couldn't stand being rebel around 51 so I can't really say much about what it really lacks since I only stayed rebel for two days before going back to glacial on my second priest. All I can say is that the curses are good, but the damage isn't great til the level later levels.
    edited September 2012
    Wooow, that's a lot of info!!! :eek: Many thanks, supernoobster!!!! You're perfect! :D :D :D

It's finally all clear to me! I'll make a glacial priest and a water bard to choose from, they suit me pretty well.
    Thanks a million, everyone!!! :D :D :D
  • DevilishTe - Storm LegionDevilishTe - Storm Legion Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    'Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean first.'
    edited September 2012
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I really like the build descriptions, I'm sure it'll come in handy! :)