test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hardest hitting class

memoriesoflovememoriesoflove Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Class Discussion
what is the class that hits the hardest? i know dark vamps sin and warrior are up there and maybe wind bard. but what class hits the highest? and all of them will be equal gear n mastery.
Post edited by memoriesoflove on

Comments

• Varimyth - EyrdaVarimyth - Eyrda Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd say sin >.< kinda obvious too
  • Guenavuerre - IllyfueGuenavuerre - Illyfue Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dark vamp 310k+ crit charmed strike in gos : DD
    [SIGPIC]http://s7.postimage.org/qzfzngasr/201220806_GOSdmg.jpg[/SIGPIC]

|sirwillyydarkvamp80grimreapers|
    [Dyos-80 Nyos-80]
  • Tushi - LionheartTushi - Lionheart Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If you compare all the classes, and have everything pimped out,dark vamps will come out on top when it comes to dps.
  • Firebat - EyrdaFirebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Didn't venom sin used to be able to hit for 1million+ ?
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • XDeadly - EyrdaXDeadly - Eyrda Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Didn't venom sin used to be able to hit for 1million+ ?

first few ticks of agony on koubo
    You may not upload animated images.

da fuq?
  • stupidfansstupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    well.. if u'r talking about.. CRITS... yeah.. probbly sin.. with the bunch of crit dmg increase talents...

or dark vamps with the stacked dmg of Charm Strike..

if u mean most dmg with normal hits no crits... i'd say.. Glacial priest.. their skills hav long cast.. but the higher bonus/base dmg and ****..
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Glacial Priests don't hit hard at all. It's 150% base. A fire mage can get 130% base on a 1 sec cast (I know cast time doesn't matter), but +5k attack from Force of Protection, effectively 10k attack total with my gear.

That's equivalent of 260% base + 3k bonus + 1.5k from max mana = 260% + 4.5k

I don't think any glacial priest can have skill to hit as hard as that.
    But sins can hit way more with stupid Intensified Aggression broken mechanic ****.
  • CherrySparkle - Storm LegionCherrySparkle - Storm Legion Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    From what I see its like this:-

1. Sin
    2. Vamp
    3. Mage
    4. Warrior
    5. MM
    6. Prot
    7. Bard
    8. Priest

With special exception to wind bards and glacial/rebel priests who can hit as hard as warriors.
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Glacial Priests don't hit hard at all. It's 150% base. A fire mage can get 130% base on a 1 sec cast (I know cast time doesn't matter), but +5k attack from Force of Protection, effectively 10k attack total with my gear.

That's equivalent of 260% base + 3k bonus + 1.5k from max mana = 260% + 4.5k

I don't think any glacial priest can have skill to hit as hard as that.
    But sins can hit way more with stupid Intensified Aggression broken mechanic ****.

My glacials Frost Concentration is 170% +5674, with prayer of frost up that becomes 220% + 5674 and glacials get 1.5 bonus water damage for each point in water mastery, adding another 1k or so. So with my 4.5k attack * 2.2 +6674 = 16.5k damage.
    Glacials can hit pretty hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • thethibaultthethibault Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    did the OP mean in single hit damage or sustained damage/dps?

As far as dps its sin>war>vamp>mage>bard>priest>mm>prot imo (this is assuming a damage class like rebel priest and all built for damage)

But if its for hardest single hit id say that that order changes up pretty dramatically.
    For this id say vamp>mage>prot>priest>war>sin>bard>mm just based on the single strongest attack including if its a crit under perfect circumstances. This is only for highest single-hit damage potential accounting for base attack ratios and best attack. Under normal circumstances this would never really happen because its not exactly the best way to build many of these classes.
  • Ghundam - EyrdaGhundam - Eyrda Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sad that mms are not at the top of the list given we are such a slow casting class with squishy defense. At the very least we should have been given the games hardest hitting skill. Oh well the developers know best, right?
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    did the OP mean in single hit damage or sustained damage/dps?

As far as dps its sin>war>vamp>mage>bard>priest>mm>prot imo (this is assuming a damage class like rebel priest and all built for damage)

But if its for hardest single hit id say that that order changes up pretty dramatically.
    For this id say vamp>mage>prot>priest>war>sin>bard>mm just based on the single strongest attack including if its a crit under perfect circumstances. This is only for highest single-hit damage potential accounting for base attack ratios and best attack. Under normal circumstances this would never really happen because its not exactly the best way to build many of these classes.
    I don't think you know how to build a sin then, and I'm not sure any class can compete with an Intensified Aggression debuffed target, Dark Nightmare crit with full agony and blast orbs while under Vicious Intention too. Granted that's not something that happens regularly but it's the "best case" scenario.

Hmm let me make some maths...

220% base attack + 2298 ; having 24% attack bonus ; and doing 30% more damage on the target.

Funniest thing is it's 2 hits in 2 seconds as well but we're not talking DPS so just gonna go about 1 hit in the 1 second it takes :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    My glacials Frost Concentration is 170% +5674, with prayer of frost up that becomes 220% + 5674 and glacials get 1.5 bonus water damage for each point in water mastery, adding another 1k or so. So with my 4.5k attack * 2.2 +6674 = 16.5k damage.
    Glacials can hit pretty hard.
    That sounds interesting, though I've never actually seen a glacial hitting that hard. Where does the 170% come from that is kinda beast xD
  • damicusdamicus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Glacial gets a talent later on in tree that adds 10/20% base damage on all water skills.
  • thethibaultthethibault Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't think you know how to build a sin then, and I'm not sure any class can compete with an Intensified Aggression debuffed target, Dark Nightmare crit with full agony and blast orbs while under Vicious Intention too. Granted that's not something that happens regularly but it's the "best case" scenario.

Hmm let me make some maths...

220% base attack + 2298 ; having 24% attack bonus ; and doing 30% more damage on the target.

Funniest thing is it's 2 hits in 2 seconds as well but we're not talking DPS so just gonna go about 1 hit in the 1 second it takes :P

It has been a while since i played, i was just going off of what i remember encountering in pvp. I guess i should mention my own bias, i was a protector so maybe that affects things as well. I just never had a sin hit that hard ever. Vamps, prots, mages, and wars all did by far the most damage against me with a single hit. Thats not to say they killed me the most, by far sins killed me the most just because they do very high damage most of the time just not SUPER high damage at once. Maybe things have changed but even still i would not put sins near the top. By far its vamp then mage, the rest might be slightly different but I would keep mm and bard at the bottom of this particular list. Prot/war/sin ive always found to be near the same in peak damage from a single skill just the rate at which they can output that damage is drastically different.
    edited August 2012
    It has been a while since i played, i was just going off of what i remember encountering in pvp. I guess i should mention my own bias, i was a protector so maybe that affects things as well. I just never had a sin hit that hard ever. Vamps, prots, mages, and wars all did by far the most damage against me with a single hit. Thats not to say they killed me the most, by far sins killed me the most just because they do very high damage most of the time just not SUPER high damage at once. Maybe things have changed but even still i would not put sins near the top. By far its vamp then mage, the rest might be slightly different but I would keep mm and bard at the bottom of this particular list. Prot/war/sin ive always found to be near the same in peak damage from a single skill just the rate at which they can output that damage is drastically different.
    Cuz the scenario I mentioned almost never happens in a true chaotic PvP mess, but the potential for that is there :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Goomz - EyrdaGoomz - Eyrda Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dark knight under 4 agony orbs is the strongest hit by far. I dont have high dark mastery so i'm not sure exactly of its potential but its pretty huge.

Even int aggression throat seal hits on par with a dark vamps full stacked charm strike for me (one with higher mast).
  • Cest_qui - EyrdaCest_qui - Eyrda Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    edited August 2012
    lmao Cest wtf XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • plusonecharismaplusonecharisma Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That sounds interesting, though I've never actually seen a glacial hitting that hard. Where does the 170% come from that is kinda beast xD

Delta was hittin me in the new frost for 12-16K on a regular basis(with my 300 water resistance) but the atk I fear most is still the 2nd hit of charmed strike. That is the atk that always kills me. I hate vamps!

side note: the new 12v12 is the suk. If your arena score is about 2400 then its easy to get 30+ kills in a match and probably not die at all. IF your arena score is below 2k you pretty much have no change of a kill until you have more than 8 deaths and then you should get one with the buffs. If your in the meat section of arena players 2000-2350 if depends on how well you group and whether you are caught by arena giants. But the rewards and quantity of pts earned are lame.
    edited August 2012
    If you get paired with or against an OP person then low geared people should just aim for sneaking up on flags.

Of course assuming both sides have a chance, not a one-sided war. (i.e even if someone is OP on enemy team and 1 shots you, maybe you have an OP person that 1 shots half the enemy too, 12v12 isn't 12v1)

The obvious problem why, for me, it's the sux, is because there's derps and noobs all over the place, and party composition. Mages are terribly gimped without a good priest. Sometimes you end up with no priest, other times with a noob/derp who doesn't know how to heal and purify.

Case in point: mages have it even worse in 12v12 than in arena. At least, endgame level, not derp lowgear noobie level. (with that said, there's a few of low geared good skilled players)
  • RaizensFur - NyosRaizensFur - Nyos Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Problem with this random teams is that i get paired with someone from an enemy guild who then says: Derp you enemie i no help joe. And then proceeds to feed the other team orbs because there are more of his allies there. Pity there isnt a teamkill option.
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    at least everyone get the same chances to get a good/bad team, and even when loosing you can still have a good amount of fun as long as it s pretty close (within a 500 points points difference at the end).

Hell the one I had the most fun in was one we lost 3505 vs 3600 :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Summanus - IllyfueSummanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    what is the class that hits the hardest? i know dark vamps sin and warrior are up there and maybe wind bard. but what class hits the highest? and all of them will be equal gear n mastery.

Answer is plain and simple really, dark vamp's 4th charmed strike. That would break you in half. Literally. The attack multiplier on that after all the boosts from previous Charmed Strike is insane.

I have a 78 dark vamp with average gear, chroma and masteries, it constantly out dps and aggro every other class in instances. PvP is different matter, if you can stay alive and have vamp form activated for long enough, then yes also. But I find most die after 2/3 strike in 1v1.
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
    edited August 2012
    I wish they fixed Spark Burst to 200% base. Combined with FoP I'd show people what damage means. :p

(both crit and uncrit -- I would do uncrit for testing, even though it can get up to +50% crit damage just from talents)
  • Summanus - IllyfueSummanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    For someone with 46 chroma and 300 mastery and only 3.4k attack - doing 60-70k crits with 4th Charmed Strike is OP in my opinion - but please don't nerfff it!! It' so much fun! :D
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
  • lamesquirellamesquirel Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think people are mixing DD with DPS

Prots and Warriors are the best DDers

Althought With the right build some other classes can be great DDers also.

Really, just pick a class and study the trees, or cash shop like hell
    edited August 2012
    I think people are mixing DD with DPS

Prots and Warriors are the best DDers
    I stopped reading when you said warrior "DDer"... it's obvious you're another lowbie with no experience of how it is at end game -.-

And yes I'm talking about "spike" hit damage, which warrior doesn't have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fthawefthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I stopped reading when you said warrior "DDer"... it's obvious you're another lowbie with no experience of how it is at end game -.-

And yes I'm talking about "spike" hit damage, which warrior doesn't have.

Last thing he said was Warriors as DDers anyways so no more to read
    Bloodlust?