mm trees

darkmith3darkmith3 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Marksman Discussion
whats the best pve mm tree and can you include a talent tree please ty
Post edited by darkmith3 on

Comments

• yosiasyosias Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    depends, if you want single target then full prec, if you want aoe then full burst
    Isock-Soul marksman since 2011
    Tlatsotsonki-light bard
  • plusonecharismaplusonecharisma Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The best pure PVE tree is: http://www.aesica.net/fw/?race=0&profession=0&level=80&talent=50053||054050433022034053030002

This will give you maximum DPS. Take it from someone who at lv80 has played every build he can think of.

If someone suggests another build, Ill respond with why for PVE this is the better build. Otherwise you are free to build it how you want.

Also Eva is almost useless at the high character levels for PVP unless you have 350+ but it is very useful for PVE, were all the mobs you aggroed have a hard time hitting you at 250+ EVA
  • asd29asd29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The best pure PVE tree is: http://www.aesica.net/fw/?race=0&profession=0&level=80&talent=50053||054050433022034053030002

This will give you maximum DPS. Take it from someone who at lv80 has played every build he can think of.

If someone suggests another build, Ill respond with why for PVE this is the better build. Otherwise you are free to build it how you want.

Also Eva is almost useless at the high character levels for PVP unless you have 350+ but it is very useful for PVE, were all the mobs you aggroed have a hard time hitting you at 250+ EVA

My old build before soul was similar however the only difference is 5 points in swift soul trap instead of Earth infusion. My reasoning is this the earth skills aren't all that useful under this kind of build

-Pulse shot is not all that effective or useful in pve - it has applications but as it's a single target ensnare atk vs the aggro you'll generate against trash mobs. It felt a waste
    -Exo bullet is a great DD skill but it's quite a hefty cd
    -extreme sniping is just too long to cast. and has a hefty cd too

5 points is swift soul trap makes MFB spammable and makes your best target attack stack with your flame mastery
    As a level 80MM my advice for anyone wanting to be a MM - fun class to play. But it's not a button mash class. Be prepared for some frustration
    edited July 2012
    asd29 wrote: »
    My old build before soul was similar however the only difference is 5 points in swift soul trap instead of Earth infusion. My reasoning is this the earth skills aren't all that useful under this kind of build

-Pulse shot is not all that effective or useful in pve - it has applications but as it's a single target ensnare atk vs the aggro you'll generate against trash mobs. It felt a waste
    -Exo bullet is a great DD skill but it's quite a hefty cd
    -extreme sniping is just too long to cast. and has a hefty cd too

5 points is swift soul trap makes MFB spammable and makes your best target attack stack with your flame mastery

Most your points are correct but the earth mastery is mainly for the bonus to Pen Shot and Exo. i dont use extreme sniping and rarely use Pulse. MFB is your highest spike damage skill but its far from your best or most useful. RoF is your mainstay and when comparing the 2s cast time of MFB to other skills that can be cast in the same 2 seconds ( Soul snipe and Pen shot) the combined damage is greater both with and w/o critting than MFB.

The best MM skill in any tree is the maxed soul snipe of the Soul tree, followed by the Aimed Shot of Prec and/or RoF of Burst. MFB doesnt have an increased crit chance, and it doesnt have an advantage over other skills, so I see no reason to boost its base or cool down.
  • asd29asd29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Most your points are correct but the earth mastery is mainly for the bonus to Pen Shot and Exo. i dont use extreme sniping and rarely use Pulse. MFB is your highest spike damage skill but its far from your best or most useful. RoF is your mainstay and when comparing the 2s cast time of MFB to other skills that can be cast in the same 2 seconds ( Soul snipe and Pen shot) the combined damage is greater both with and w/o critting than MFB.

The best MM skill in any tree is the maxed soul snipe of the Soul tree, followed by the Aimed Shot of Prec and/or RoF of Burst. MFB doesnt have an increased crit chance, and it doesnt have an advantage over other skills, so I see no reason to boost its base or cool down.

The only reason I call it best is that is it's more spammable than the other single target attacks under this build. At least for me I did want a single target atk other than Exo which has a 5% crit but offset with a 20cd or FAW when it came to boss fights or wb's. But yes I fully the logic. BTW it's also 10% to bonus dmg not base.

I used to love extended burning but I'm not so sure of it now seeing how badly the burn damage decreases per stack.
    As a level 80MM my advice for anyone wanting to be a MM - fun class to play. But it's not a button mash class. Be prepared for some frustration
    edited July 2012
    asd29 wrote: »
    <snip>
    I used to love extended burning but I'm not so sure of it now seeing how badly the burn damage decreases per stack.

Extended burning is usually a filler skill to get to Velocity Shot for PvP/PvE builds and it's fire DOT scales with mastery, but agreed the nerf makes it less appealing. You could reallocate the 2pts I assigned to it, but I think the DOT is more beneficial than 2pts somewhere else for purely PvE. BTW, DOTs ignore defense, so if you hit them, they burn for full DOT value.