test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Glacial Elf Priest OR Dark Vamp for OPEN PvP?

porcelainrocksporcelainrocks Posts: 26 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Class Discussion
so yeah question above, what would you take for open pvp?

i saw some glacial priest owning the **** out of people with MEDIOcore eq. so im kind of amazed right now, but i'd like to hear other opinions.

also if you'd suggest me to make a vamp, eva yes or no? :c
Post edited by porcelainrocks on

Comments

• Saeh - EyrdaSaeh - Eyrda Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    so yeah question above, what would you take for open pvp?

i saw some glacial priest owning the **** out of people with MEDIOcore eq. so im kind of amazed right now, but i'd like to hear other opinions.

also if you'd suggest me to make a vamp, eva yes or no? :c

It really depends on preference. Glacials are one of the best crit damage classes you can have, one of the longest ranges (I assume. Went up against a glacial that could hit our party right out of the gate from across the arena field, and that's, 28 meters maybe?). Coupled with their AoEs, healing, they are deadly.

Eva Dark Vamps are a pain. I'm a eva Water Bard, so fighting these take FOREVER since we can both heal ourselves and miss the other too much. A good eva vamp is hard to find since most depend on the eva to make up for skill. However, if you can afford them, they are greatly annoying for opponents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saeh: 74 Water Bard
    Vodu: 65 Dark Vampire *Retired*
    Vampire Guide: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=208231
  • porcelainrocksporcelainrocks Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It really depends on preference. Glacials are one of the best crit damage classes you can have, one of the longest ranges (I assume. Went up against a glacial that could hit our party right out of the gate from across the arena field, and that's, 28 meters maybe?). Coupled with their AoEs, healing, they are deadly.

Eva Dark Vamps are a pain. I'm a eva Water Bard, so fighting these take FOREVER since we can both heal ourselves and miss the other too much. A good eva vamp is hard to find since most depend on the eva to make up for skill. However, if you can afford them, they are greatly annoying for opponents.

and which one would be cheaper? like overall? :O

also im talking more about open pvp... i want to fck around with people :P
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If you mean open PvP going all alone by yourself killing ppl then glacial might not be best choice because they are very squishy and without some team to support them while they cast their 2s cast skills, they're very vulnerable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • porcelainrocksporcelainrocks Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If you mean open PvP going all alone by yourself killing ppl then glacial might not be best choice because they are very squishy and without some team to support them while they cast their 2s cast skills, they're very vulnerable.

which class would you favor me?

i've already got a shadow sin which has like 320 eva, but the dmg sucks.. i already tried going hybride but i dont like that..

i really dont know what kind of class i could make which has good survivability but also the ability to pwn people by itself.

just like you said i'd love to kill everyone by myself, so yeah which class would you favor me? :3

and excuse my english :3
  • Saeh - EyrdaSaeh - Eyrda Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    which class would you favor me?

i've already got a shadow sin which has like 320 eva, but the dmg sucks.. i already tried going hybride but i dont like that..

i really dont know what kind of class i could make which has good survivability but also the ability to pwn people by itself.

just like you said i'd love to kill everyone by myself, so yeah which class would you favor me? :3

and excuse my english :3

I don't mean to look like I'm favoring, but Water Bards have great survivability and decent damage. If you're good at timing, you can potentially root your opponents to the ground and farm rh til you 2 shot them. Open world, you are by yourself, but with bards you can heal yourself and shield incoming attacks.

Back to Glacials and Darks : From personal experience, Eva builds are pretty expensive if you aren't lucky in your re-IDs. I'm not sure about crit damage, but I'm assuming you would have to stack crit chance first to get the most out of the crit damage. Trying to get crit chance is one of the most expensive stats to get, anyting with 2% or higher can be a diamond per piece of gear. Along with trying to get crit damage, I don't even want to think of the size of the wallet some of these Glacials are running around with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saeh: 74 Water Bard
    Vodu: 65 Dark Vampire *Retired*
    Vampire Guide: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=208231
  • Varimyth - EyrdaVarimyth - Eyrda Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dark vamps are generally better at pvp in all aspects...also open world pvp doesnt exist in FW...its possible to do it just youll never find anyone to pk lol

closest thing to real pvp in FW is arena + rift wars...and every now and again theres a guild vs guild fight none of which is pure open pvp

ever since they added guards pking has become even more pointless

so my only advice...play the class u simply prefer to play