test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class least gear required for pve dungs

Varimyth - EyrdaVarimyth - Eyrda Posts: 93 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Class Discussion
Well ive done a priest to 73 so far (got rid of em the last time i quit, silly profile never updates lol) but at 70+ idk just really got sick of playing priest and theyre very very gear oriented arena wise

so im rerolling a new character in FW and (since its a completely fresh char) I was wondering what class is the least gear dependent for end game dungeons? I remember a lot of groups use to require mages and MMs to have i believe 16k? or was it 18k+ hp before theyd bring them along
Post edited by Varimyth - Eyrda on

Comments

• DearthReap - IllyfueDearthReap - Illyfue Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well ive done a priest to 73 so far (got rid of em the last time i quit, silly profile never updates lol) but at 70+ idk just really got sick of playing priest and theyre very very gear oriented arena wise

so im rerolling a new character in FW and (since its a completely fresh char) I was wondering what class is the least gear dependent for end game dungeons? I remember a lot of groups use to require mages and MMs to have i believe 16k? or was it 18k+ hp before theyd bring them along

mages can have up to over 50k hp, i've seen vampires over 47k... so for arena, i am not sure, you'll one day see a lvl 50 with 25k hp, i've seen 1, in my party, and it was a vampire, a vampire with 25k hp...
  • Arizll - EyrdaArizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    A support bard should need the least amount of gears. Something like a wind/light bard as long as you have enough hp to not die too easily.
  • thethibaultthethibault Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    for PvE id say something like warrior is the least gear reliant. They have very high hp and attack even with lower tier gears so you will never be the squishiest person in the party.

Honestly the next least gear reliant that i can think of is Priest. You mentioned that you want to have the least gear reliant for end-game dungeons but then you said you quit your priest because of arena. I'm sorry but ALL classes are EXTREMELY gear reliant for arena.... thats how pvp works. For PvE the easiest classes to get cheap not-gonna-get-one-shotted gear is warrior and priest imo.
  • Nairas - Storm LegionNairas - Storm Legion Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    mm is the cheapest class to gear out
    but then u will need the gems to stay alive
    and to do enough dd
    also thanks to runes u can get a buff to give your party 8% crit damage and 2.5% crit chance. so is handy to have around
  • Blank_Spaces - LionheartBlank_Spaces - Lionheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Protector .
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    mages can have up to over 50k hp, i've seen vampires over 47k... so for arena, i am not sure, you'll one day see a lvl 50 with 25k hp, i've seen 1, in my party, and it was a vampire, a vampire with 25k hp...
    Wow sherlock did you read the title of the thread?

Mages over 50k HP are low gear dependent? You serious? Fully buff with priest+pet I have 63k but I'm in 12/12 purple lv75 arena set reforged to at least 50% on HP parts, eight lv4 bloodstones and maxed Nyos/Dyos health talents (from both, the unaffected by soul power from dyos). And that's a lv80 HP pet with lv10 HP talent (tinkerer).

50k for a mage is very very hard to get, only if you are in the top end of gear. That has nothing to do with the thread though.
  • homosimpsonshomosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    wind mage/sin/warrior in tok set.
  • Brim_McRoy - EyrdaBrim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Protector .

second that naturally high Defense w/ a manageable mana consumption... add some blood and solars and you gotta heck of a tank... or just refine your shoes
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]