test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advice on PvE Precision build?

EmperorHippo - LionheartEmperorHippo - Lionheart Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Marksman Discussion
Hey everybody, I currently have a lvl. 56 MM and I'm planning my build out. I am going Precision for PvE and had a few questions on which talents are good, since I don't have all of the skills yet.

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=marksman&r=dwf&b=t1a15t1a35t1b25t1c13t1c24t1c34t1d24t1e22t1e34t1f43t1g23t1g33t1h22t1i33t1j13t1j22t1k22t1k33t1l21

So first of all I was wondering if the damage increase from Earth Infusion is significant. Fissure looks pretty good but I'm not sure how often I'll be able to crit enough to get good use out of it. Is it important in the higher levels? I don't yet have Exorcizing Bullet, so I'm not sure how good it is, but the +30% damage bonus looked nice. I also know nothing about Double Shot, so not sure if Lethal Shot is useful either. Is Absorption in the Soul tree worth it for the damage increase and extra Soul Catching time (since Fire At Will has +10% crit chance while in Soul Catching)?

Feel free to critique my whole build, not just the questions I asked. Thanks in advance, and sorry if a similar thread has already been posted.
Post edited by EmperorHippo - Lionheart on

Comments

• yosiasyosias Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    well, im not full prec, im using this atm http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=marksman&r=dwf&b=t1a15t1a32t1b25t1c24t1c32t1d24t1e22t1e34t1f12t1f43t1g12t1g22t1h11t1h22t1h43t2a25t2a35t2c34

but double shot is usefull for prec mm only, its a skill that gives 20% more damage at expense of an extra soul bullet, some talents allow it to give one bullet more rather than take it, so its kind of usefull, last talent some mm said is bad, but i dont know, amm exo bullet is usefull in pvp as soul, but since you are pve and prec is like another mfb, earth infusion seems nice since earth skills does a less damage than fire one, so more earth mastery would help

i wouldnt put talents in fissure, and putting points in soul is good, since u get more time to make bullets and a little bonus attack
    Isock-Soul marksman since 2011
    Tlatsotsonki-light bard
  • asd29asd29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hey everybody, I currently have a lvl. 56 MM and I'm planning my build out. I am going Precision for PvE and had a few questions on which talents are good, since I don't have all of the skills yet.

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=marksman&r=dwf&b=t1a15t1a35t1b25t1c13t1c24t1c34t1d24t1e22t1e34t1f43t1g23t1g33t1h22t1i33t1j13t1j22t1k22t1k33t1l21

So first of all I was wondering if the damage increase from Earth Infusion is significant. Fissure looks pretty good but I'm not sure how often I'll be able to crit enough to get good use out of it. Is it important in the higher levels? I don't yet have Exorcizing Bullet, so I'm not sure how good it is, but the +30% damage bonus looked nice. I also know nothing about Double Shot, so not sure if Lethal Shot is useful either. Is Absorption in the Soul tree worth it for the damage increase and extra Soul Catching time (since Fire At Will has +10% crit chance while in Soul Catching)?

Feel free to critique my whole build, not just the questions I asked. Thanks in advance, and sorry if a similar thread has already been posted.

forget soulforce return it's useless 2% of your mana is a **** investment and in pve you can always drink regen foods that are far more effective. Why no lethal control?! This is a must! You get a good chance to generate soul bullets (20% more dmg) and 4%critchance on top of the 2% from Contact. Even with 2 level 1 goldsparks the critchance of Aimed Shot, Exo bullet will be huge when you use double shot. It is way way more important important than dazing shot. Exo bullet has a hefty 5% increased crit chance so yes it is worth it. I wasn't impressed with Burst Fire either when i was precision.
    As a level 80MM my advice for anyone wanting to be a MM - fun class to play. But it's not a button mash class. Be prepared for some frustration
  • EmperorHippo - LionheartEmperorHippo - Lionheart Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    asd29 wrote: »
    forget soulforce return it's useless 2% of your mana is a **** investment and in pve you can always drink regen foods that are far more effective. Why no lethal control?! This is a must! You get a good chance to generate soul bullets (20% more dmg) and 4%critchance on top of the 2% from Contact. Even with 2 level 1 goldsparks the critchance of Aimed Shot, Exo bullet will be huge when you use double shot. It is way way more important important than dazing shot. Exo bullet has a hefty 5% increased crit chance so yes it is worth it. I wasn't impressed with Burst Fire either when i was precision.

It appears the build I linked glitched or something. But yea, I planned to max the last three talents of the tree. I am also planning of taking the 3 points out of Soulforce Return and putting them into Earth Infusion.

I noticed in other Precision builds that they don't max everything in the Fire At Will branch. Just wondering if it's worth taking 2 points out of there somewhere to max Earth Infusion or possibly get 2 in Fissure (although it doesn't seem favorable so far).

Thanks so far.
  • asd29asd29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    FAW is a pretty poor DD skill it's more the debuffs it provides and the use in soul catching to generate soul bullets that make it worthwhile. Fissure in a PVE sense I'm not sure on - in terms of whether it'd be worth it, I'm not even sure if mobs have a crit dodge value

http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=marksman&r=dwf&b=t1a15t1a35t1b25t1b45t1c13t1c24t1c34t1d24t1e22t1e34t1g23t1h22t1i33t1j13t1j22t1k22t1k33t1l21

remember every 10 points of mastery is 1% more damage (roughly) so maxing Earth infusion is a good idea IMO pecause fully maxed it's 50 mastery (5%) on top of the additional 5% more damage. To top it all of you'll always use Hunter's Mark which has a huge resist debuff+Pain mark, so you're maximising your damage dealing potential

EDIT: it looks like the links are bugged. Max lehtal control and strengthen up
    As a level 80MM my advice for anyone wanting to be a MM - fun class to play. But it's not a button mash class. Be prepared for some frustration
  • ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc?cls=marksman&r=dwf&b=t1a15t1a35t1b25t1b45t1c13t1c24t1c34t1d24t1e22t1e31t1h22t1i13t1i33t1j13t1j22t1k22t1k33t2a35

lethal control & strengthen up is maxed. I dont know why i cant max them as i got it ingame.

Contact & Motivate maxed through runes

is what i personally use "lv 80"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo