test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best solo class?

xxrubbertoedxxxxrubbertoedxx Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Class Discussion
hey i'm new to the game and i'm just looking for a good class/class combo for soloing and just getting to know the game. any suggestions? any help is appreciated:D
Post edited by xxrubbertoedxx on

Comments

• Falchoir - LionheartFalchoir - Lionheart Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    First off, Forsaken World focuses heavily on group play. You cannot enter instances except with a party, and no one class is powerful enough to solo instances/bosses at their level anyway. The game also emphasizes guilds, with high-level crafting materials and recipes only accessible through guild bases.

Anyway, class doesn't matter too much for general questing- I'm one of the squishiest, most group-focused classes in the game, and I can survive and kill most world mobs easily. However, I suppose vampire would be a fairly self-reliant class- they can heal, DPS, off-tank, or any combination of the three, depending on build. The only issues are that it's a very mana-hungry class, especially with Charmed Strike spam, and moderately difficult, as you must memorize a great number of skills and adjust them to fit the situation.
    **Gone home to Tales Forum- follow at your own risk. T'was a good run, FW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    this spot in memory of my sister, who left after what was supposed to be a haven became a hell.
    I do not ask that we be worshipped or adored; all I ask is that you do not hate us.

Larale: Divine Priest - Falune: Light Bard - Falraine: Water Bard
  • Yarilo - EyrdaYarilo - Eyrda Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    no one class is powerful enough to solo instances/bosses at their level anyway.

i beg to differ o.o
    edited June 2012
    i beg to differ o.o
    To clarify: world bosses like Bloodclaw Howler, Abyss Nightmare, and Eagle Berserker without being overleveled, supported by a priest alt, or geared out the wazoo. If you can, though, much respect is due. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    this spot in memory of my sister, who left after what was supposed to be a haven became a hell.
    I do not ask that we be worshipped or adored; all I ask is that you do not hate us.

edited June 2012
    To clarify: world bosses like Bloodclaw Howler, Abyss Nightmare, and Eagle Berserker without being overleveled, supported by a priest alt, or geared out the wazoo. If you can, though, much respect is due. o.o

abyss nightmare solo is pretty much out of the realm of possibility because of the chain sleeps. maybe possible for a water/wind bard... but it would have to be greatly outleveled.

i can easily solo (completely solo) relic guardian and eagle berserker and i'm far from being "geared out the wazoo." decently to good, perhaps, but not great. i can solo lord of moss, though it takes hours, and can even stay alive solo at koubo... but i don't know how long that would take and i'm not gonna try.
    edited June 2012
    abyss nightmare solo is pretty much out of the realm of possibility because of the chain sleeps. maybe possible for a water/wind bard... but it would have to be greatly outleveled.

i can easily solo (completely solo) relic guardian and eagle berserker and i'm far from being "geared out the wazoo." decently to good, perhaps, but not great. i can solo lord of moss, though it takes hours, and can even stay alive solo at koubo... but i don't know how long that would take and i'm not gonna try.

Respect is due, then. Though I'm curious as to how you were able to solo Lord of Moss- on Lionheart at least, people jump for the epic WBs as soon as they spawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Vampire are said to be the only class in fw that is able to solo certain world boss in FW Wiki, but Secound come water bard as long as they got enough dmg to kill. Solo I mean ofc without healer or party.

Vampire, and Water Bard.(Both are stroung pvp class)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Glacial and Rebel (and I suppose Divine too, but that would take forever) Priests can also
    solo world bosses quite well.

I've personally soloed Relic Guardian+Eagle Berserker without too much difficulty. I've never tried Lord of Moss or Koubo Bear though, but I want to now lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
    edited June 2012
    Glacial and Rebel (and I suppose Divine too, but that would take forever) Priests can also
    solo world bosses quite well.

I've personally soloed Relic Guardian+Eagle Berserker without too much difficulty. I've never tried Lord of Moss or Koubo Bear though, but I want to now lol

lord of moss gets tough near the end because the sleeps are up a lot... you really need a good HoT and/or shield going to get through it.
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    World bosses have huuuuuuuge accuracy but evasion builds also let you solo the rest of mobs.

I solo'd HoA boss just spamming HP pots, not even serum :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rothj - EyrdaRothj - Eyrda Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    MAGE. There's your answer. If you want to aoe solo grind there's no better option.
  • Fhaze - EyrdaFhaze - Eyrda Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The answer is Fhaze
    HEIL LONGNIPS, #1 GUILD IN EYRDA
  • Varimyth - EyrdaVarimyth - Eyrda Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I found priests really newbie friendly...you can focus on mp food/pots since your heals handle hp issues from dmg fine, also youll never need pet hp pots cus well u have heals

when it comes to pvp on the other hands priests have a decent learning curve its not "run around grabbin orbs facerolling ur buttons when u get red hand" lol

downside is priests are of course slower in killing mobs (even glacial) Though any class can solo quest content and non dungeon content just fine in FW
  • jyhedy33jyhedy33 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    water bard
  • Nayaru - Storm LegionNayaru - Storm Legion Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Blood vamp here from beginning to end game. Out of all the heal specs it definitely dishes out the most damage and it's got some really nice crit heal stats once you level up some which makes soloing a lot of things pretty straight forward.
    Blood vamp since 2011 and now Wind Barding!
    tinyurl.com/apvqzc9 - PvE Blood/Dark Build
    And just because: tinyurl.com/howtosolokluer