test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good DPS Class?

Comments

• Ghundam - EyrdaGhundam - Eyrda Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I love how a bard comes and tells me how balanced things are. Thanks for the laugh Cest.
  • LalageTargyen - LionheartLalageTargyen - Lionheart Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    personal opinion

reasons why vamp isn't top dps. dark vamp = burst dps. vamp mode active = insane, no vamp mode = useless. dark vamps can be good, but too luck dependent.

Not really ... with 10%-20% on 3-5 commonly used skills + the vamp skill itself, I'm in vamp form with only breaks of 5-6 hits (which for a dark vamp is like 10 secs max). I'll need to pay more attention in game to give more accurate stats, but that's a pretty good general estimate. I've also never gone into a duel without vamp form being activated by my first 2 skills so really, no, I don't need to be that lucky.

Dark vamps are basically designed to stay in vamp form for as long as possible - the only real issue is if the tank can't tank and the vamp takes aggro, then without enough evasion, he/she starts taking hits which will knock them out of vamp form more quickly.
  • homosimpsonshomosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Dark vamps are basically designed to stay in vamp form for as long as possible - the only real issue is if the tank can't tank and the vamp takes aggro, then without enough evasion, he/she starts taking hits which will knock them out of vamp form more quickly.

hmm except vampire form actually counts toward the number of attacks u hit not the amount of attacks u got hit. nonetheless the effect overwrites itself as you activate through skills.

always been that case since ob. if it's the latter evasion dark vampire would be the most op class in fw.
  • LalageTargyen - LionheartLalageTargyen - Lionheart Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hmm except vampire form actually counts toward the number of attacks u hit not the amount of attacks u got hit. nonetheless the effect overwrites itself as you activate through skills.

always been that case since ob. if it's the latter evasion dark vampire would be the most op class in fw.

LOL thanks for correcting me - I have the in game reading comprehension of a teaspoon =)

either way though, vamp form is pretty easy to come by <3
  • LalageTarg - LionheartLalageTarg - Lionheart Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    LOL thanks for correcting me - I have the in game reading comprehension of a teaspoon =)

either way though, vamp form is pretty easy to come by <3

Actually I'm not wrong - the description of the vampire form skill says "for 15 secs or until you are struck 8 times" tumblr_m8isblG57D1qahzxyo1_500.png

Just double checked in game today =)

Sorry about the size =/
  • sprayn00bsprayn00b Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Warriors and prots actually have similar dps.

I lol'd
  • IaiStrike - EyrdaIaiStrike - Eyrda Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Actually I'm not wrong - the description of the vampire form skill says "for 15 secs or until you are struck 8 times" tumblr_m8isblG57D1qahzxyo1_500.png

Just double checked in game today =)

Sorry about the size =/

That description is wrong. It has been tested and proved that it's 8 attacks not 8 hits.
  • LalageTarg - LionheartLalageTarg - Lionheart Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That description is wrong. It has been tested and proved that it's 8 attacks not 8 hits.

I'll need to double check that in game then =) It's just good to know I haven't completely lost my mind for like 60+ levels <3
  • HiddenKarma - LionheartHiddenKarma - Lionheart Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well if we're trying too find best dps were goin too do there best skill that can cast every sec. And when I do warriors I'm only counting one of there hits bc it's 2secs so we will just say its 1sec and 1hit. And if were trying too find the best we got too take it as end game max runes for cd.Sins r number 1 from ts 154 base att I think it was. 1s cast 1s cd dark vmps I think get 120% base Att for dark ripple and cs so use whatever one. Prot 120% hard smash 1s cast time 1s cd if diamond. Or 190% cs with 1s cast time and 1s cd so if you want too spam 1 skill only prot r highest dps end game but be boring just 1 skill. Diamond more skills too spam stil up there in dps but not the top. Warriors 100%base att 1s cast 1s cd I don't no the other classes. But ya putting prot at the bottom is way wrong maybe you could before rune system but not now. And you can't say well everyone gets cd from it bc if it makes it lower than 1s you still can only cast it once since cast time is always 1s rune system helps the higher cd people. Generally I say te top 3 sins vamps prot.
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You know cooldown starts after cast time is over right?

1 second cast, 1 second CD doesn't mean you can spam it non stop. It means you cast it 1s, then wait 1s, then can cast it again. That's what 0 cooldown is used for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HiddenKarma - LionheartHiddenKarma - Lionheart Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anyways I still wouldn't put prot so low I put them still up there for dps at end game wether it be diamond or counter strike build
    edited September 2012
    Well if we're trying too find best dps were goin too do there best skill that can cast every sec. And when I do warriors I'm only counting one of there hits bc it's 2secs so we will just say its 1sec and 1hit. And if were trying too find the best we got too take it as end game max runes for cd.Sins r number 1 from ts 154 base att I think it was. 1s cast 1s cd dark vmps I think get 120% base Att for dark ripple and cs so use whatever one. Prot 120% hard smash 1s cast time 1s cd if diamond. Or 190% cs with 1s cast time and 1s cd so if you want too spam 1 skill only prot r highest dps end game but be boring just 1 skill. Diamond more skills too spam stil up there in dps but not the top. Warriors 100%base att 1s cast 1s cd I don't no the other classes. But ya putting prot at the bottom is way wrong maybe you could before rune system but not now. And you can't say well everyone gets cd from it bc if it makes it lower than 1s you still can only cast it once since cast time is always 1s rune system helps the higher cd people. Generally I say te top 3 sins vamps prot.

omgwarrshavesuchbaddamage

285k_zpsbc331c97.png
  • Sabriele - Storm LegionSabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yo Spray. What server are you on?
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • Monotonous - Storm LegionMonotonous - Storm Legion Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the op doesn't even play anymore and what're you people arguing about
  • Zilyannia - EyrdaZilyannia - Eyrda Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Take Up Inferno Vamp
    edited September 2012
    Yo Spray. What server are you on?

storm :D
    edited October 2012
    sprayn00b wrote: »
    storm :D

Why Hello thar TeamVISA member. Now.. Which warrior are you.. <detective mode> =P

<TAKES RANDOM GUESS>

Eti!
    Broken Avatar -- . --

edited October 2012
    Why Hello thar TeamVISA member. Now.. Which warrior are you.. <detective mode> =P

<TAKES RANDOM GUESS>

Eti!

Incorrect, I hate team visa, good luck guessing nao xD
    edited October 2012
    Bu..bu...FUUUUUU this makes it more complicated.

<Thinks>

Why Hello Thar, Imperium member!

Amirite in that at least..?

<sidenote.. this is kinda fun>
    Broken Avatar -- . --

edited October 2012
    Bu..bu...FUUUUUU this makes it more complicated.

<Thinks>

Why Hello Thar, Imperium member!

Amirite in that at least..?

<sidenote.. this is kinda fun>

Not in imperium, human male warr, in RAWR.
    edited October 2012
    <has doubletake moment>

<gives props for being at EB>

now... who the hell are you... <thinks>
    Broken Avatar -- . --

edited October 2012
    <has doubletake moment>

<gives props for being at EB>

now... who the hell are you... <thinks>

mind you that was 60's eb not what visa goes after, nothing further, good luck xD
    edited October 2012
    The question becomes.. do i know you! Cuz if i dont.. oh the horrors!
    Broken Avatar -- . --

• Thrashz - Storm LegionThrashz - Storm Legion Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    #1 Blood Warrior
    #2 Sin
    #3 Dark/Inf Vamp
    #4 Ele Warrior
    #5 Mage
    #6/7 Glacial Priest
    #7/6 Wind/Water bard
    #8 Marksman
    #9/10 Aegis Warrior
    #9/10 Rebel Priest
    #11 Blood Vamp
    #12 Light Bard
    #13/14 Divine Priest
    #13/14 Prot

:D
    [SIGPIC]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w379/SJEK1990/SacrificeQuote_zps77979225.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    <Hero of Summit of Elements><Terminator of Dark Dragon>
  • FeaKreuz_ - NyosFeaKreuz_ - Nyos Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    in my opinion Rebel Priest does insane dps and fast killer and drainer, at higher lvl it does more higher dmg and would be OP once you've got Holy Prayer - Trance and ofc if you know how to play it right. "it's only for my opinion, everyone have their own opinions and i respect it ;)"
  • Lourd - EyrdaLourd - Eyrda Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    #1 Blood Warrior
    #2 Sin
    #3 Dark/Inf Vamp
    #4 Ele Warrior
    #5 Mage
    #6/7 Glacial Priest
    #7/6 Wind/Water bard
    #8 Marksman
    #9/10 Aegis Warrior
    #9/10 Rebel Priest
    #11 Blood Vamp
    #12 Light Bard
    #13/14 Divine Priest
    #13/14 Prot

have you ever played a mm in your life? i know people always complain about how underpowered they are in pvp but they are great damage dealers/party damage buffers.
  • ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    have you ever played a mm in your life? i know people always complain about how underpowered they are in pvp but they are great damage dealers/party damage buffers.

No? how?
    Skills divided pretty much 50/50 earth fire, so working mastery/ids is a ****, and even when u use ALL SKILLS U GOT u run out of skills aka using auto atk on bosses in ks at EB and such (at the soul aka best damage dealer tree)
    Many of them are 2seconds, 3 if ur at one tree, same atk base as mage? aka at the bottom, and at least they get mastery bonus by class, also damage added by max mana.

Party damage buffers - sure we give same atk as our acc, so 600 acc = 600 atk buff, however in that tree u kinda got all in 2sec skills instead, so in a KS beeing dps without this buff helps team more than beeing precision as supporter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • Summanus - IllyfueSummanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    #1 Blood Warrior
    #2 Sin
    #3 Dark/Inf Vamp
    #4 Ele Warrior
    #5 Mage
    #6/7 Glacial Priest
    #7/6 Wind/Water bard
    #8 Marksman
    #9/10 Aegis Warrior
    #9/10 Rebel Priest
    #11 Blood Vamp
    #12 Light Bard
    #13/14 Divine Priest
    #13/14 Prot

There so much wrong with this its not even worth the time and effort trying to fix it. Ranking classes is pretty useless in general, unless ur specific.

e.g. Dark sin will not be able to outDPS a Dark vamp/mage/glacial priest with equal gear. if you want to start ranking classes, you need to be more specific.
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
    edited October 2012
    No? how?
    Skills divided pretty much 50/50 earth fire, so working mastery/ids is a ****

not to be devils advocate or anything but

My Venom sin has
    4 Physical Skills [Assassinate, Throat Seal, Night Term, Flair]
    5 Dark Skills [Thrust of Pain, Lurking Sting, Pitch, Dark Nightmare, Mutilation]

Fairly Even.. no? Infact, Dark sins are yet more even, because they lose Muti and LS, [both dark] and gain Shadow Bites [dark], so they end up with [4/4] spread..
    Broken Avatar -- . --