test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good DPS Class?

24

Comments

  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    That's actually even better then. And I asked 2 bards who played Wind (Cala/Cest) I guess didn't know exact numbers then.
  • esmevyzariesmevyzari Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I think this seems right overall, without counting specific trees
    But it depends on the situation, a mage will do more damage in AoE than an assasin/warrior

    Highest DPS

    1. Assasin
    2. Warrior
    3. Mage
    4. Marksmen
    5. Vampire
    6. Protector
    7. Bard
    8. Priest
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    esmevyzari wrote: »
    I think this seems right overall, without counting specific trees
    But it depends on the situation, a mage will do more damage in AoE than an assasin/warrior

    Highest DPS

    1. Assasin
    2. Warrior
    3. Mage
    4. Marksmen
    5. Vampire
    6. Protector
    7. Bard
    8. Priest
    That's so wrong I don't know where to begin. Maybe for low levels, but certainly not at end game. Single target DPS looks more like:

    1. Assassin
    2. Wind Bard/Vamp debatable and not sure
    3. Wind Bard/Vamp
    4. Mage (only if fire, otherwise below warrior)
    5. Warrior
    6. Priest (if Rebel)
    7. Marksman
    8. Prot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    esmevyzari wrote: »
    I think this seems right overall
    No it doesn't. At least not end-game.
  • Arizll - EyrdaArizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I think wind bard should be lower than dark vamp. I guess we are at least on par with Elemental Warrior? Better than wind mage at single target dps, I think lower than fire mage but I guess difference isn't too big. Oh in the same party(so assuming they have my buffs), I can't really talk about different classes dpsing in different parties...
  • osiron23osiron23 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Fire mage over warrior? o.o
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    osiron23 wrote: »
    Fire mage over warrior? o.o
    I easily steal aggro from lv90+ mastery elemental warriors, and aggro doesn't even count burns. A fire mage with Flame Inspiration rune has 0.7s CD on fireball. The uncrit raw damage is way higher than a warrior.

    Consider a top elemental warrior with 8k attack (high but w/e, still lower dmg), and me with 4.5k attack. My skills have 130% base attack, so fireball would do 5850 + 3024 = 8874, and Rage of Demons would do 5850 + 1992 = 7842. But wait there's more, 3% of max mana, assuming 50k mana (lower than mine but w/e), is 1500 more. That's 10k.

    A warrior's bonus damage is below 2k, so that's already lower. 5% crit bonus + 20% crit damage on fireball (40% on RoD) on top of it + 54 mastery if fire mage is tanking.

    Now, without numbers, it's a fact I hit higher than warriors with higher mastery per hit, while all my skills under this rotation are 1 second casts. You do have to use Ice Arrow / TC in-between but that's for only 1 second.

    Let's not forget fireball applies burn damage (+7k damage total, more with more nyos fervor). Lingering fire is 5% of max mana as extra damage as well, 2.5k more right there.
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    osiron23 wrote: »
    Fire mage over warrior? o.o
    Yeah... EASILY, unless DU is used, but 5 min cooldown not too fair to count, it all depends how fast the boss drops. If it takes 4 or 5 min fire mage wins hands down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Show some numbers. Base attack + bonus for each. A wind bard can precast the buff that stacks, you realize this right? The self-attack buff requires only 1 chord after stacking (use Solo of Wind for 2 C chords) so you get it in 1 second technically after fight starts. :rolleyes:

    A wind bard's wind skill rotation is only 1 sec casts with 155% and 150% base attack... with insane attack buffs, and very low cooldown (2sec/4sec). On top of that they have Note of Rest for +18% base and 1s and 3s sec cooldowns. Don't forget base adds attack, which they get even more from the huge attack buffs.

    The problem is that 75% of Bards that are amazing, are healing. Most people don't see the full potential of a bard. Which causes the problem of people thinking Vamps are better. Bards are just a harder class to play. If played right, which the average person is capable of. Most people just don't take the time to fully understand the class.

    osiron23 wrote: »
    Fire mage over warrior? o.o

    Simple terms is this.

    Fire mage and Warrior do High amounts of damage.

    Fire mage attacks faster then a Warrior.
    Fire Mage = High Damage + Fast attack speed
    Warrior = High Damage + Medium attack speed.

    See why now?
    That's so wrong I don't know where to begin. Maybe for low levels, but certainly not at end game. Single target DPS looks more like:

    1. Assassin
    2. Wind Bard/Vamp debatable and not sure
    3. Wind Bard/Vamp
    4. Mage (only if fire, otherwise below warrior)
    5. Warrior
    6. Priest (if Rebel)
    7. Marksman
    8. Prot

    You guys forget. New players dont understand all the diffrent Trees. So you have to break it down to the Average of the classes. We understand this. Sometimes you have to make the new players understand it by using simple explanations... Which i am bad at.
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

    Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

    They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

    [SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I easily steal aggro from lv90+ mastery elemental warriors, and aggro doesn't even count burns. A fire mage with Flame Inspiration rune has 0.7s CD on fireball. The uncrit raw damage is way higher than a warrior.

    Consider a top elemental warrior with 8k attack (high but w/e, still lower dmg), and me with 4.5k attack. My skills have 130% base attack, so fireball would do 5850 + 3024 = 8874, and Rage of Demons would do 5850 + 1992 = 7842. But wait there's more, 3% of max mana, assuming 50k mana (lower than mine but w/e), is 1500 more. That's 10k.

    A warrior's bonus damage is below 2k, so that's already lower. 5% crit bonus + 20% crit damage on fireball (40% on RoD) on top of it + 54 mastery if fire mage is tanking.

    Now, without numbers, it's a fact I hit higher than warriors with higher mastery per hit, while all my skills under this rotation are 1 second casts. You do have to use Ice Arrow / TC in-between but that's for only 1 second.

    Let's not forget fireball applies burn damage (+7k damage total, more with more nyos fervor). Lingering fire is 5% of max mana as extra damage as well, 2.5k more right there.

    I'm not arguing that end game fire mage is not outdpsing warrior even if I haven't seen many really well geared fire mage to get an idea but I just want to correct some numbers:

    - elemental bonus damages on LS is above 2k : 1880 * 1,16 = 2181 so in your example you're above 10k for warriors too.
    - in elemental rotation : half of the time you include EW which gives a wind resistance debuff, increasing the damages too.
    - almost every hit got a crit chance bonus 6 - 8%
    - warrior buff gives around 32mastery (and 3-400 attack bonus give or take but that s not the point)
    - if tanking you can add damages for BoR for some boss.

    So basically I disagree with fire mage dealing way more damage per hits than warriors, I find them pretty close, one or the other can take the lead according to crits.

    However, if you add:
    - the dots (which don't count for aggro but are dealing significant damages)
    - the 0,7s CD on fireball

    then yes, fire mages should deal a lot more damages than warriors :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

    - Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Inzho - EyrdaInzho - Eyrda Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    DPS is a raw calculation. As mentioned before it is Damage per Second and as correctly pointed out by Borsook differs from DPH (Damage per Hit).

    In most mmos I play one mistake many players make is to associate agro with dps/dph. I say it is a mistake because tank classes usually have a non-damaging agro generating skill and priest usually generate large amounts of agro from heals.

    A good example would be when I used to play my warrior as Aegis spec; I could establish and maintain agro on single targets even though I always had the lowest dps in my groups.

    Based on what others are saying DOTs do not generate agro however when you understand what I have said above then you realise that in a DPS calculation DOT damage has to be included. Now here a few wrinkles/complications can be added in:

    1) Since the two major DOT class/specs are fire mages and burst mms are also AOE classes should this be included in the dps calculation. For comparison sake, since some class/specs do not have comparable AOE abilities the answer "should be" (clearly my opinion) that the raw dps score of any class/spec should be calculated based on damage done to a single target.

    2) Even though dps is damage per second a reasonable time interval needs to be used in order to establish a fair assesment of each class/spec. For example lets say I set the interval for calculations at a time that does not allow for a characters full skill rotation, or it is too short to account for the full effect of a dot, or perhaps it does not give a good statistical indication of a charcters crit chance e.g. calculating a wind mages dps can be misleading depending on when the damage measurement is taken.

    It is therefore pretty difficult at this stage for me to outright determine based on the above mentioned factors which class/spec combo has the best dps in FW. For example depending on which spec mm I choose I can farm mobs faster or slower which is in a sense a "reasonable" non-statistical indicator that my dps changes based on spec. I could go so far as to say I "believe" that my mm has its highest dps when it is burst spec but there are some other considertions e.g.

    1. I die faster as burst because the AOE attracts far more mobs than my hp can handle therefore I take more rest inbetween mobs than if I was precision or soul. (Note again though that dps is a raw calculation so this really has nothing to do with calculating dps. For calculations sake just do your testing with a priest BUT without using the priest buffs.)

    2. soul kills mobs uber fast however dps is limited by my ability to keep soul bullets in my clip.

    3. Precision is (though featuring slower casting skills) not dependant on soul bullets and therefore has more consistent damage output however certain skills have higher crit rates and fissure has a decent proc rate (my opinon) which means at certain intervals precisions spike damage makes it pretty dangerous given a long enough period of time for a valid comparison to soul.

    ..Having spent so much time playing mm based on killing a single target I would venture to say Soul has the highest dps once I can keep soul bullets in my clip however I have to data to back that claim up!

    Back on track:

    In other mmos solid calculations based on data collected over long periods were used to make such determinations. I have seen no such attempt made here. One other note:

    Any such comparison must be done under conditions where all other variables are kept at a constant e.g. Using your uberly cash shopped geared character will not count as a valid test subject unless all other test subjects are using similar (since it can never be the exact same) levels of cash shopped gear. It would therefore be better to base any such comparisons on base gear e.g. using unrefined, ungemmed, unidentified shard gear with max level charcters fighting the same mob. Self buffs would be allowed but no buffs from prayers, potions, other players etc. Also max level skills (remember skill scrolls are also a variable since some are so expensive/rare not all players have their skills maxed).
  • Traydor_Golem - Storm LegionTraydor_Golem - Storm Legion Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    lol DPS =/= DOT

    Damage per Second - aps (attacks per second) is the proud example. DPH (Damage per hit) would come second only if it is done in the span of a second. This includes channeling (charging period) and cast time (time it take to connect / otherwords it can't be too flashy). Crits basically makes the total damage do more in the long run.

    Damage over Time - Damage done over the course of time. Usually different interval of seconds. Hence why this can't be considered DPS. Basically the burning effect from mage, poison from venom sins.

    DPS
    (Vampire) or Sin
    (Sin) or Vampire
    Marksmen
    Mage - Mage and Warrior varies mainly on target when considering damage.
    Warrior
    Bard
    Protector

    () Personal Choice
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.
  • Dragomir - IllyfueDragomir - Illyfue Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    lol DPS =/= DOT

    Damage per Second - aps (attacks per second) is the proud example. DPH (Damage per hit) would come second only if it is done in the span of a second. This includes channeling (charging period) and cast time (time it take to connect / otherwords it can't be too flashy). Crits basically makes the total damage do more in the long run.

    Damage over Time - Damage done over the course of time. Usually different interval of seconds. Hence why this can't be considered DPS. Basically the burning effect from mage, poison from venom sins.



    DoT is a special debuff that, once applied, deals a certain amount of damage every X seconds, without the attacker actively doing anything.
    If it deals, say, 500 damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds, that's 300 DPS for those 10 seconds. Simple as that.
    ANYTHING that deals damage by default will contribute to your damage/second ratio, therefore DoT contributes to DPS by default... DoT is but a form of damage...

    DPH is simply how much you can hit for. It doesn't include cooldowns, casting times etc, it's just how hard you can hit with a single attack... therefore, it's pretty much irrelevant to your effectiveness as a damage dealer - Divine Priests generaly have higher DPH values than assasins in many of their skills, which just proves the point.
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'm not arguing that end game fire mage is not outdpsing warrior even if I haven't seen many really well geared fire mage to get an idea but I just want to correct some numbers:

    - elemental bonus damages on LS is above 2k : 1880 * 1,16 = 2181 so in your example you're above 10k for warriors too.
    - in elemental rotation : half of the time you include EW which gives a wind resistance debuff, increasing the damages too.
    - almost every hit got a crit chance bonus 6 - 8%
    - warrior buff gives around 32mastery (and 3-400 attack bonus give or take but that s not the point)
    - if tanking you can add damages for BoR for some boss.

    So basically I disagree with fire mage dealing way more damage per hits than warriors, I find them pretty close, one or the other can take the lead according to crits.

    However, if you add:
    - the dots (which don't count for aggro but are dealing significant damages)
    - the 0,7s CD on fireball

    then yes, fire mages should deal a lot more damages than warriors :(
    That's too minor of a difference.

    Find me any lv3 winged warrior on your server and tell him to hit a mob and just compare raw damage if you can't do math.

    Fire mages have resistance/defense debuffs too if spec'd (I'm not because I'm more PvP specced). 54 permanent mastery increase if tanking is way better than BoR. Crit chance for ele is of course quite similar but no crit damage boost.

    But any mage in general has more damage per hit than any warrior except bloodlust's Sacrifice (or Bloodsuck Slash but that is two second cast).
    lol DPS =/= DOT

    Damage per Second - aps (attacks per second) is the proud example.
    Proud example? Of what?

    If you do 1 damage, having 5 attacks per second means you have 5 DPS which is pathetic. DoT adds to damage per second so yes, it's DPS. Unless you think of that broken **** PWI mechanics.
  • Sabriele - Storm LegionSabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    1) Since the two major DOT class/specs are fire mages and burst mms ...

    You appear to have forgotten Venom Assassins. Yes, i understand that you are trying to make a point about AoEs shortly after you mention this, but Venom assassins are one of, if not the major DoT Class [for single target DoTs, i understand that AoE DoT Can be more desirable in some situations], but with this statement you make it sound like Fire mages and burst MMs are the only DoT Classes.
    Broken Avatar -- . --

    IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Rawrgle Rawrgle
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

    Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

    They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

    [SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Inzho - EyrdaInzho - Eyrda Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You appear to have forgotten Venom Assassins. Yes, i understand that you are trying to make a point about AoEs shortly after you mention this, but Venom assassins are one of, if not the major DoT Class [for single target DoTs, i understand that AoE DoT Can be more desirable in some situations], but with this statement you make it sound like Fire mages and burst MMs are the only DoT Classes.

    Simple ignorance. Never played a venom sin so had no idea. Sorry.
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That's too minor of a difference.

    Find me any lv3 winged warrior on your server and tell him to hit a mob and just compare raw damage if you can't do math.

    Fire mages have resistance/defense debuffs too if spec'd (I'm not because I'm more PvP specced). 54 permanent mastery increase if tanking is way better than BoR. Crit chance for ele is of course quite similar but no crit damage boost.

    The thing is that this 54 mastery should not be taken into account for because of one thing:
    - crit chance * 2 for 18 second with DU at start of boss

    So basically the warrior always start by getting aggro for around 15seconds for sure, then if you need to outdps him, it will be without this 54 mastery.

    You re saying I can't do the maths, I just used the same formula you did and ended with results for warrior similar at those for mage, so at least please don't be condescending:
    - you ended with a bit over 10k damages, 5% crit, 20% crit damages
    - I ended with a bit over 10k damages, 6%+ crit, 32 mastery.(not counting BoR).

    Again I'm not arguing that fire mage don't outdps wr with burn and 0,7s cd on fireball :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

    - Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The thing is that this 54 mastery should not be taken into account for because of one thing:
    - crit chance * 2 for 18 second with DU at start of boss

    So basically the warrior always start by getting aggro for around 15seconds for sure, then if you need to outdps him, it will be without this 54 mastery.

    You re saying I can't do the maths, I just used the same formula you did and ended with results for warrior similar at those for mage, so at least please don't be condescending:
    - you ended with a bit over 10k damages, 5% crit, 20% crit damages
    - I ended with a bit over 10k damages, 6%+ crit, 32 mastery.(not counting BoR).

    Again I'm not arguing that fire mage don't outdps wr with burn and 0,7s cd on fireball :)

    DD-attacks that do HUGE amounts of damage but have a higher cooldown then most attacks.
    DPS-Attacks with low cooldowns
    DoT-Usually associated with attacks that drain life or poison

    are the 3 diffrent kinds of attack

    Also you have to factor in some things when calculating the damage

    60 seconds divided by cooldown = How many attacks in 1 minute. If you have like 5.82 lower down (forgot the correct term).
    now do the MAX damage you can do (easier and quicker to calculate then average). Times that by how many times you can attack in 1 minute (60 seconds)

    Do that for both attacks and that determines who can do more DPS. with DoT, you have to add more to it. but im to lazy. headed to work in 3 minutes.
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

    Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

    They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

    [SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • IaiStrike - EyrdaIaiStrike - Eyrda Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The thing is that this 54 mastery should not be taken into account for because of one thing:
    - crit chance * 2 for 18 second with DU at start of boss

    So basically the warrior always start by getting aggro for around 15seconds for sure, then if you need to outdps him, it will be without this 54 mastery.

    You re saying I can't do the maths, I just used the same formula you did and ended with results for warrior similar at those for mage, so at least please don't be condescending:
    - you ended with a bit over 10k damages, 5% crit, 20% crit damages
    - I ended with a bit over 10k damages, 6%+ crit, 32 mastery.(not counting BoR).

    Again I'm not arguing that fire mage don't outdps wr with burn and 0,7s cd on fireball :)

    DU? So what? Mage has magic meditation, that's +180 mastery. So forget +54, it's +180.
  • Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lol People love theory soo much :/
    Like how good firemage is while there is almost no firemage due to squishiness or something else, Or how good rebel priest is while there is almost no rebel priest, a few in whole serve, or a little more still..... there must be a reason why they r not common. And whoever make new class they will mostlikely use common tree to their class.


    If we stay in common, Yes classes in common talent tree, melee does Best single target dps(vampire can be count as melee if you use charmed strike). Mid ranged come 2nd, and loong ranged 3rd dps on single target. *SINGL TARGET*

    There is exeption about some stuff blabla, but no newbie can understand them, and most are just theory or really uncommon to see, because they are overall not best talent in loong time. Like fire mage, rebel priest, Wind bard, sure a WB is lil more common then last 2, And many more stuff said in early post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IaiStrike - EyrdaIaiStrike - Eyrda Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Maybe because your server is dead, but we do have fire mages here. Top mages in this server are mostly fire.
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    DU? So what? Mage has magic meditation, that's +180 mastery. So forget +54, it's +180.

    What are you talking about?
    With DU you multiply your current crit rate by 2, what does it have to do with magic meditation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

    - Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lol People love theory soo much :/
    Like how good firemage is while there is almost no firemage due to squishiness or something else, Or how good rebel priest is while there is almost no rebel priest, a few in whole serve, or a little more still..... there must be a reason why they r not common. And whoever make new class they will mostlikely use common tree to their class.


    If we stay in common, Yes classes in common talent tree, melee does Best single target dps(vampire can be count as melee if you use charmed strike). Mid ranged come 2nd, and loong ranged 3rd dps on single target. *SINGL TARGET*

    There is exeption about some stuff blabla, but no newbie can understand them, and most are just theory or really uncommon to see, because they are overall not best talent in loong time. Like fire mage, rebel priest, Wind bard, sure a WB is lil more common then last 2, And many more stuff said in early post.
    lol all our theories are from experience / facts because we do have / had some good fire mages and rebels :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What are you talking about?
    With DU you multiply your current crit rate by 2, what does it have to do with magic meditation?
    Fire shield is permanent +54 fire mastery as long as you get hit.

    You put a 5minute CD in the equation... then why can't mages use Magic Meditation for +180 mastery every 2 min? I did not include long CDs like Magic Meditation and you include a high-**** long cooldown like DU?

    Mages have MM as well, I didn't mention it, because I didn't assume you're gonna throw in long CDs.
    lol People love theory soo much :/
    Like how good firemage is while there is almost no firemage due to squishiness or something else, Or how good rebel priest is while there is almost no rebel priest, a few in whole serve, or a little more still.....
    Yeah, but not all servers are dead like yours, so try to imagine a server where these things aren't "theory". Such as Eyrda.
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Fire shield is permanent +54 fire mastery as long as you get hit.

    You put a 5minute CD in the equation... then why can't mages use Magic Meditation for +180 mastery every 2 min? I did not include long CDs like Magic Meditation and you include a high-**** long cooldown like DU?

    Mages have MM as well, I didn't mention it, because I didn't assume you're gonna throw in long CDs.

    Oh ok I didn't know that, so if we add that in the math, the difference would be wether +180 mastery or double crit rate is more effective, then it would depend on the initial crit rate of the warrior and.. of luck ^^

    I know about the fire shield, I was just stating that if you don't have aggro, you don't get hit, therefore you don't have the +54 mastery bonus except if aoe count as a hit, but since it's not working for soul devour (gain some attack each time you're getting hit, stack up to 10 times iirc), I assumed it's the same for this skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

    - Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • im2gr84uim2gr84u Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh ok I didn't know that, so if we add that in the math, the difference would be wether +180 mastery or double crit rate is more effective, then it would depend on the initial crit rate of the warrior and.. of luck ^^

    I know about the fire shield, I was just stating that if you don't have aggro, you don't get hit, therefore you don't have the +54 mastery bonus except if aoe count as a hit, but since it's not working for soul devour (gain some attack each time you're getting hit, stack up to 10 times iirc), I assumed it's the same for this skill.

    If Soul Devour wasn't nerfed fire mage and etc... wouldn't stand a chance lol. (Wish I was rich to Bribe CN devs put SD back to normal) xDDD

  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    im2gr84u wrote: »
    If Soul Devour wasn't nerfed fire mage and etc... wouldn't stand a chance lol. (Wish I was rich to Bribe CN devs put SD back to normal) xDDD
    Too bad Soul Devour is supposed to work exactly like Fire Mage's Force of Protection.

    Imagine if FoP wasn't "nerfed" and was bugged like soul devour... that's +5k attack for me... 10k attack permanent. :rolleyes:

    (it's +2% max mana as attack per stack, stacks 5 times, super PvP skill now since it goes off after you hit)
  • Cest_qui - EyrdaCest_qui - Eyrda Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    personal opinion

    MM, Sin, Mages -- somewhat similar end game dps

    (mm? lol what? yeah you heard me mm just cus non cn server doesn't have good mms doesn't mean they have **** dps)

    Warrior, Vamp, Prots and Bards --- similar dps

    hear my reasoning.
    mages mainly fire is insane dps, what you might not notice is that mages dont pull aggro because burn doesn't have aggro. Burns stack, so when a good fire mage does x amount of damage, 30-40% more of the damage is done through burns.

    now for mms, how many 3 wing'ed mm you've ever seen? most likely 0. why? cuz its a hard class to play well. it coasts a **** load, but after you get over the immense amount of cs needed, the MM will outdps, yes it will out dps any sin (max mastery maxed gears)

    reasons why vamp isn't top dps. dark vamp = burst dps. vamp mode active = insane, no vamp mode = useless. dark vamps can be good, but too luck dependent.

    Warriors and prots actually have similar dps well tested on cn servers. while warrior are a bit more spiked and prots more consistent.

    Bards, well bard dps is decent on wind and less with water and even less with light; this is mainly because wind gets a huge dps boost from aoe buff, water has a 20 sec spike dps with triple partia and song of water, light is weak due to slow casts

    to be honest fw is pretty balanced, they made it so pure dps classes will outdps those who aren't.
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have a hard time imagining how MM can be good DPS with those long casts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sign In or Register to comment.