test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prot reflects.

techprincetechprince Posts: 114 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Class Discussion
Logged in for few duels on my venom sin after this Nightfall update. Dueled with prots just to found out their reflect increased which is 100% of the time. One prot with 800 reflect from start without any additional wrath orb every single hit, 2k reflects with few orbs. I tried every single technique, every single hit resulted in 800+ dmg to myself + prots dmg + stuns. So if prot gets orbs, i am done. I was using the same techniques before and was able to beat most of the prots. Now i cant beat 75+ prots, every single prot reflects insane amount of damage and thats 100% of the time. I have 30k hp and its been like that since months.

800 reflect every hit from start and thats 100% of the time? are you kidding?

So my main question is what changed that made my sin quite useless in pvp?

Try to stay on topic and try not to troll (i know thats not going to happen).
Post edited by techprince on

Comments

• thethibaultthethibault Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The reason is because prots reflect aura scales based on their current hp. So while u were stagnating for the past few months the prots grew stronger, gained mastery, and most importantly (for this thread) gained hp. Also I, as a prot, never had any problem dealing with venom sins in pvp. Edge/dark sins are a huge problem because of the ridiculous stun lock, but venom sins were ezpz.

And you cant say that i had 30k hp months ago so thats not the problem without thinking about ratios. 30k hp months ago was a lot, 30k hp now is freaking squishy. 40-50k+ is where many people are now in pvp. Especially because they made refining so much easier now. And now there are runes and many more gems.
  • techprincetechprince Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I can think of 40k+ HP for lvl77+ chars with the TOK armors availability but for chars in the lvl range 70-74?
  • Acier - EyrdaAcier - Eyrda Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Really depends on who, but its still possible to get 40k as a protector at lower levels I have to assume.
  • techprincetechprince Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Really depends on who, but its still possible to get 40k as a protector at lower levels I have to assume.

No i mean 40k hp on sin.
  • Unbrokenable - LionheartUnbrokenable - Lionheart Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Probably harder but likely still possible, and shouldn't be too difficult if you use a pet buff.

However, the reflect is based off the prot's health not the sin's, so this isn't really relevant.
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Reflect is OP in 1v1 with no pots... not so much when you got some healer (doesn't matter if on both sides or not)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Javert - Storm LegionJavert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Ret aura damage is dictated by Current Hp vs Max Hp. Meaning Prot with low Hp = Low reflect.
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Ret aura damage is dictated by Current Hp vs Max Hp. Meaning Prot with low Hp = Low reflect.
    In other words, current HP...
  • Nyos - NyosNyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Before nightfall I nvr noticed such number even thought ppl got fairly hight hp before too. now I see some prot whos reflect is 350/400 like in old time and some whos ref is aloot higher.

Dunno if it was rh or not, but I was hitting a priest in pt with prot and taking 500dmg each hit bk, changed to prot, i get bk 1k+ dmg. Still the dmg is not hight enough, far from wars ref, coz war ref goes up to 7k each hit =,='(Some thou)

I dont wanna fix my english more than this xD, ingore if u dont undertand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brim_McRoy - EyrdaBrim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Before nightfall I nvr noticed such number event hought ppl got fairly hight hp before too. but sure now too i see some prot whos reflect is 350/400 like in old time.

Dunno abour rh and such, but I was hitting a priest in pt with prot and taking 500dmg each hit bk QQ, changed to prot, i get bk 1k+ dmg. Still far from the best, coz war ref goes up to 7k each hit =,='(Some thou)

wgat the heck did you say :confused:
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WerePetar - IllyfueWerePetar - Illyfue Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    u might duel marble prot thir ref is bit stronger since they can increase its damge by 30% of max def to so they used to do 800-1000 whit ref before to
  • Unbrokenable - LionheartUnbrokenable - Lionheart Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Dunno if it was rh or not, but I was hitting a priest in pt with prot and taking 500dmg each hit bk, changed to prot, i get bk 1k+ dmg. Still the dmg is not hight enough, far from wars ref, coz war ref goes up to 7k each hit =,='(Some thou)

Can't really compare Retal Aura to BoR, retal is always on while BoR only lasts a bit over 10 seconds (IIRC).

hat's a better comparison is ABS (Absolute Counter Measure) to BoR. BoR still does way more damage, but ABS can stun attackers which is pretty useful at times.