test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question of Ice

missrosa99missrosa99 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Class Discussion
First of sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

Hi I'm new to the game and I'd like to be an Ice Element Distance Damager can anyone tell me which of the two is more PVE suited for Questing and Teaming - a Frost Mage or Glacial Priest. ?
Post edited by missrosa99 on

Comments

• missrosa99missrosa99 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thank you so much for moving my post to the right spot ^^
  • Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Never really played either so this is as a "other team member" pov

Ice mage.

Glacial priest is more cc/pvp as I understand it. Ice mage is too, but you have more pve team capabilities as people would rather have full healing priests (divine) over glacial in most situations.

However, as an aoe, I don't party with mages very often anymore so I don't know what the general opinion of ice mages are outside of arena. In arena apparently they are OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • Unbrokenable - LionheartUnbrokenable - Lionheart Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    They can both work but I guess the distinguishing point:

Glacial priests have stronger slow and mana drain ablity, where ice mages can actually "freeze" a target. Glacials can still stun, ensnare, and interrupt but it isn't quite the same. In terms of actual DPS I'm not sure which is better.

For PvP, the transform, ice-block, and mana shield abilities of the ice mage make them a lot better in saving themselves from would-be attackers.
  • ixthuaixthua Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Elven glacial priest thanks to 28% aoe stun and heal can solo do event instances and is second best aoe class after fire mage. But if you get into a gear instance you will be expected to heal and likely be the only healer, so will have to do two jobs at same time.
    Ice mage is only expected to damage, but is more suited for single target damage and his aoe is much weaker, stun has 8s cd, and no heal ability.
    Comparing these two classes glacial has strong aoe and ability to solo heal at same time. Ice mage has strong single target dps and cc, high survivability thanks to shields, but weak aoe and no ability to heal.
    IMHO, unless you want to be best at pvp or aoe job - go elven glacial.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Can anyone help me map out my talent tree for a pve Frost mage and a Pve Glacial Priest pls I'd like to try them both.

They both sounds interesting from what you wrote maybe I can decide if I play them both as to which I would like to use
    edited April 2012
    Thank you so much for those I'm going to make one of each and see how it goes
    edited April 2012
    Hey thank a lot just wanted to tell you I tried both and decided to be a Glacial priest with a tank pet I got it allows to fit into a Jack of all trades role sorta like a pwi mystic =)

I can Support Heal ,revive, DD and have a mini team with my pet when I quest alone