test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crit Chance/Crit Heal Chance

noxshadow1noxshadow1 Posts: 184 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Class Discussion
So...the question is rather straight forward...but at the same time there's almost no evidence that the players can see directly to know for sure...I'll ask and see what the majority think.

Crit Chance has a Base which is increased with gear, gems and skills. Removing the skill aspect for this discussion, that leaves Gear and Gems

Crit Chance's base...I've always assumed, was the base for Crit Heal Chance as well. I came to that conclusion based off the fact you can Crit Heal without wearing any Crit Heal Chance gear, meaning Crit Heal has to have a base chance. If it weren't the case, someone with 0% Crit Heal Chance would never Crit Heal.

Gear has 2 different kinds of Crit Chance. Regular Crit Chance, and Crit Heal Chance. It's obvious by looking that Crit Heal Chance is specific to heals alone. One would assume Crit Chance would affect Base Crit as a whole...but if it also affected Crit Heal Chance, it would defeat the purpose of having a separate crit stat for heals.

If Crit Heal Chance's base operates off the same base as Crit Chance, would putting Goldsparks in your gear increase your Crit Heal Chance as well? Why is it Crit Heal Chance is an "invisible" stat but Crit Chance isn't? For that matter, why is Heal Effect an invisible stat? Yes, you can count it up on your gear, but why not include it with the rest of the character stats?

I guess the question isn't as straight forward as I would of liked it to be.
Post edited by noxshadow1 on

Comments

• ICanHazLoliz - IllyfueICanHazLoliz - Illyfue Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Crit chance affects the crits of your attacks only, heal crit chance the crits of your heals only. It's quite obvious if you think about it, there would be no reason to have 2 different crit rates if one of them affected everything...

Crit heal chance is not really an invisible stat either - it just doesn't appear in the character spreadsheet, and that is probably because it is largely skill specific rather than character specific, ie each heal skill has it's own individual base crit rate rather than all of them having the same. Being shown that you have 5% total heal critrate does not say much, since that's just a number that will added to the base critrate of each one of your individual heals, and THAT will be your actual heal critrate.
    Those base rates appear on the skill descriptions btw.
  • powergalepowergale Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Crit chance affects the crits of your attacks only, heal crit chance the crits of your heals only. It's quite obvious if you think about it, there would be no reason to have 2 different crit rates if one of them affected everything...

Crit heal chance is not really an invisible stat either - it just doesn't appear in the character spreadsheet, and that is probably because it is largely skill specific rather than character specific, ie each heal skill has it's own individual base crit rate rather than all of them having the same. Being shown that you have 5% total heal critrate does not say much, since that's just a number that will added to the base critrate of each one of your individual heals, and THAT will be your actual heal critrate.
    Those base rates appear on the skill descriptions btw.
    what he said the base crit heal chance appears in dscription