Kindred Assassin PvP PvE

Saffhyre - EyrdaSaffhyre - Eyrda Posts: 36 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Assassin Discussion
After reading the Basic Assassin Guide
http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=170111

I came to the conclusion that
Venom, Edge, Dark is to
Assassination, Combat, Subtlety
(not to bring up WoW into this but this is the best way I understand it).

So is Edge the best for PvE and Dark for PvP?...But then what is Venom?...
I wish this game had the option to dual spec because I want to play PvE and PvP.

I'm a Kindred Assassin so that's more PvP but I heard it doesn't make much of a difference...
Or is it Venom the best for PvE, Edge the best for PvE and PvP, and Dark for PvP?

And are hybrid builds no good in this game because lack of points?
Post edited by Saffhyre - Eyrda on

Comments

• TheNargles - Storm LegionTheNargles - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    From what I understood VENOM is used for PvE solely,
    DARK for PvP

and EDGE can be used effectively in both, but not to the degree of either of the others.

on a scale from 1-3 (3 being the highest) here's the breakdown.
    Venom
    PvE: 3
    PvP: 1

Dark
    PvE: 1
    PvP: 3

Edge
    PvE: 2
    PvP: 2

I say this because you have to be careful with edge in PvE where the Venom tree allows you to NOT draw as much agro as frequently. Basically, I woudl suggest playing under the Venom Tree until you get to aroun 60-ish and then switch to Edge (if you are wanting to PvP at all) and then if you decide to solely PvP go to Dark at the very end IF you don't feel that you are maximizing your sin to it's fullest. You get resets pretty easy, and they are cheap in the cash shop, if you are willing to spend the money on it.
  • Idolon - Storm LegionIdolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Venom--highest dps out of all trees, best PvE build, its a pretty bad talent compared to Edge and Dark in PvP until you start getting talents such as Seed Of Agony, then it starts to become pretty good at PvP.

Edge--good for small PvP fights, long stuns and silences, good for PvE also so its a well blanced build when its comes to PvE/PvP.

Dark--best at PvP, bad at PvE because most who go this build will stack eva and acc and will lower their health and def significantly.

I say this because you have to be careful with edge in PvE where the Venom tree allows you to NOT draw as much agro as frequently.

Venom will out dps anything in this game, even stealing aggro from tanks in instances.
    Edge doesnt nearly do enough damage compared to Venom. So, gotta be careful with Venom tree dps, not Edge.
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • Saffhyre - EyrdaSaffhyre - Eyrda Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the info. Also reading this was very helpful:
    Priority/Purpose
    Venom -> Boss killers,
    Edge -> Versatile DPS (good for pve and pvp), and
    Dark -> PKers

Racial Differences
    Edge and dark trees change dramatically depending on if you're a human or a kindred.
    Kin veno > Human veno,
    Human edge > Kindred edge, and
    Kin dark > Human shadow (yes they changed the name of the tree...no idk why)

Server Efficiency
    Kin veno > Human edge > Kin dark

See other guides if this makes you QQ, but it's true.
    By Naglfar
    http://endfw.forumotion.com/t59-edge-sins-101

After reading this I've decided Venom would be my best choice for lvling and then I guess if I want to get into PvP I'll choose Dark...I was going for Edge in the beginning as there's no dual spec and I don't want to pay for the reset in the shop but since Human is better than Kindred in that department and Edge is more like a jack of all trades, not excelling the best in both, I'll just pick one or the other anyways. I still wish this game was dual spec but I don't think that will ever happen because I still don't know how I'm going to get the talent compass without spending real money.

...And so, now I'm off to find a Kin Venom guide.
    Any suggestions for a Kin Venom are welcome. :D
    edited March 2012
    you can dual spec, in fact one of the most popular PvP hybrid trees is Edge/Dark, but since i don't use it i cant give advice on it.

There isn't much difference in human and kindred except racial skill and third talent in Lurking Sting string (Lurking Impact/Blood Burn Strike)

you can get a free Talent compass through Shylia Market, its like 45 favor i think, and a couple more through in-game achievments.
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
    edited March 2012
    Dual talent specialization is the ability to switch between two talent specs.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Dual_Talent_Specialization

Edge/Dark is a hybrid build, not dual spec.
    edited March 2012
    Would've posted a link but idk how because the buttons are in chinese or something who knows...but anyways here's the build I've came up with. What do you think?

30avwpc.png
  • ssupertuxssupertux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Pain amplification and art of darkness are a waste, better if those 6 points are spent in another tree or venomous blade.
    [SIGPIC]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3271/raptorjesus22.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Raptor Jesus roamed the Earth circa 90,000,000-65,000,000 BHC (Before Human Christ). He was born when God Himself was still only a teenager. His execution is thought to be the cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs.
  • pabpab999pabpab999 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Art of Darkness is waste, it only reduces mana consumption, which can be remedied by pots

when you get to a higher lvl and get your mastery to 60+, you might want to reset and remove Killer of Darkness.

I don't know how venomous blade works... it says 70%(lvl3) with 4 agony orbs, but I read somwhere here that it is lwer than expected. but if does work it's a 45% slow for 10 seconds + the bleed effect bonus
  • ssupertuxssupertux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The debuff from venomous blade is called 'Poison Blade' and the description says that it reduces accuracy and it would be hard to test if it does increase bleed effect.
    [SIGPIC]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3271/raptorjesus22.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Raptor Jesus roamed the Earth circa 90,000,000-65,000,000 BHC (Before Human Christ). He was born when God Himself was still only a teenager. His execution is thought to be the cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs.
    edited March 2012
    not too hard to test it, but it does increase bleed effect
    NT 9 with 4 agony is 1.8k DoT
    NT 9 with 4 agony and Venemous Blade debuff on i get a 2.0-2.1k DoT
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • Sabriele - Storm LegionSabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Can pull agg from 80 marble prots without batting an eyelash. same goes for 80 wars [any tree]

This baby hits base dmgs up to 20k with crits up to 77k [highest ever recorded that i hit was 101k]
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • devinekill55devinekill55 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    My lv80 Venom tree: Clicky

Can pull agg from 80 marble prots without batting an eyelash. same goes for 80 wars [any tree]

This baby hits base dmgs up to 20k with crits up to 77k [highest ever recorded that i hit was 101k]

yes but how do you do in pvp?
  • thatgrapistthatgrapist Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm gona have to call ******** on dark being the best PvP tree. With the new nightfall expansion accuracy is now even easier to stack on assassins. Dark has alot of anti CC and skills which help you survive. The dark tree definitely helps you stack your evasion and all but unless you spend about 500-1000 re id scrolls to get double evasion and you need mist 4's. It is now incredibly easy to stack accuracy and thus making the dark tree almost completely useless you have the resources to make it effective.
    I play the edge tree and maintain a stable 2700 3v3 score in the 70's bracket without ever cash shopping. The crits are devastating and if you learn the proper combo's stun locks are also devastating. The problem with the edge tree is there are alot of useless talents. For this reason, you hybrid into the dark tree, taking the mana drains, accuracy, and a level of swift evasion for 3v1 purposes in 3v3. I only know 1 or 2 successful full dark assassins. If you can make it work, feel free. But Edge is much more successful in pvp if you dont have 10D to drop on re id scrolls.
  • Dakotahkid - EyrdaDakotahkid - Eyrda Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My lv80 Venom tree: Clicky

What gems/gear do you wear?
    Abels: The most OP class is the one that you're not playing.
    78 Venom Sin
    Why Venom? Because stun locking for 7 seconds and nearly doubling your evasion for 15 seconds doesn't take skill.
  • Lourd - EyrdaLourd - Eyrda Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm gona have to call ******** on dark being the best PvP tree. With the new nightfall expansion accuracy is now even easier to stack on assassins. Dark has alot of anti CC and skills which help you survive. The dark tree definitely helps you stack your evasion and all but unless you spend about 500-1000 re id scrolls to get double evasion and you need mist 4's. It is now incredibly easy to stack accuracy and thus making the dark tree almost completely useless you have the resources to make it effective.
    I play the edge tree and maintain a stable 2700 3v3 score in the 70's bracket without ever cash shopping. The crits are devastating and if you learn the proper combo's stun locks are also devastating. The problem with the edge tree is there are alot of useless talents. For this reason, you hybrid into the dark tree, taking the mana drains, accuracy, and a level of swift evasion for 3v1 purposes in 3v3. I only know 1 or 2 successful full dark assassins. If you can make it work, feel free. But Edge is much more successful in pvp if you dont have 10D to drop on re id scrolls.

which server do you play in? and what's your base crit chance?
    I have a sin with 24% base crit chance (unbuffed obviously) and I still have trouble getting reliable crits against high tier opponents so I find it hard to believe that you're stunlocking people at 2700+ arena score. unlike dark, edge relies almost solely on cc to catch up to people who kite

dark > edge in terms of pvp, especially in arena. bullseye sounds amazing but totally unreliable, relying on stuns only works against noobs who disregard crit dodge. you really need dark sin talents like contract of blood (kindred) or ghost image (human) to be viable against classes like frost mage or water bard.
  • dhiamnaciondhiamnacion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am at 60-ish in lvl now, human assassin, want to reset my talent skill, want to make it pure EDGE but dont know if what skills will i concentrate... any1 can help me? please reply show what u think best... thanks...
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am at 60-ish in lvl now, human assassin, want to reset my talent skill, want to make it pure EDGE but dont know if what skills will i concentrate... any1 can help me? please reply show what u think best... thanks...

wow, nice necro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
This discussion has been closed.