test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mage fire and lightning risk(doing aoe grind)

tranceloverguytranceloverguy Posts: 33 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Mage Discussion
Just Trying the Mage and it was a good damage dealer class and also has Aoe but due to having low of health and defense you cannot survive the crowd of mobs you just cast aoe. Unless you keep running in circles and keep cast aoe. was the Mage supposed to do this during grinding even in end game? Because it's kinda seems slower than doing kill one by one. or maybe can solved if there was pet healing skillls that is spamable and do high heals? if there is such skill what pet skills is it? I also still don't quite understand the main features of each tree but for what I understand on each thread I read the fire has: huge aoe,lower damage,has dot and lower cooldown, lightning has: small aoe, big damage and crit rate, and has higher cooldown, the ice has: lowest damage of the three but has freezes, not good in aoe, and most effective in pvp. If I'm wrong on the following please correct me. and post some thread that may help me understand clearly each tree thank you.
Post edited by tranceloverguy on

Comments

• Oelion - EyrdaOelion - Eyrda Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm. 75 lightning Mage and I can tell u I have no trouble aoe grinding in pve. By the time ur higher level like me, you should have good gear And gems to give you e higher up you need. As a wind Mage my aoe hit rather hard and knock back my targets. Also with thunder tempest activated mobs die pretty quickly since i crit like a mad man. All you need to work on for whatever tree you are for pve is your up and mana. 20k hp is good enough to have for pve and pvp. Easily obtainable with good precise stout gear and hp gems.
  • tranceloverguytranceloverguy Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm. 75 lightning Mage and I can tell u I have no trouble aoe grinding in pve. By the time ur higher level like me, you should have good gear And gems to give you e higher up you need. As a wind Mage my aoe hit rather hard and knock back my targets. Also with thunder tempest activated mobs die pretty quickly since i crit like a mad man. All you need to work on for whatever tree you are for pve is your up and mana. 20k hp is good enough to have for pve and pvp. Easily obtainable with good precise stout gear and hp gems.

Wow lightning sound like a great tree I should do a lighting build then. And lightning is kinda cool power than the other tree.
  • Oelion - EyrdaOelion - Eyrda Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Just Trying the Mage and it was a good damage dealer class and also has Aoe but due to having low of health and defense you cannot survive the crowd of mobs you just cast aoe. Unless you keep running in circles and keep cast aoe. was the Mage supposed to do this during grinding even in end game? Because it's kinda seems slower than doing kill one by one. or maybe can solved if there was pet healing skillls that is spamable and do high heals? if there is such skill what pet skills is it? I also still don't quite understand the main features of each tree but for what I understand on each thread I read the fire has: huge aoe,lower damage,has dot and lower cooldown, lightning has: small aoe, big damage and crit rate, and has higher cooldown, the ice has: lowest damage of the three but has freezes, not good in aoe, and most effective in pvp. If I'm wrong on the following please correct me. and post some thread that may help me understand clearly each tree thank you.
    Wow lightning sound like a great tree I should do a lighting build then. And lightning is kinda cool power than the other tree.

It is a good tree for both pve and pvp. I used to be a frost Mage but honestly I got bored. The pvp as a wind mage is pretty fun lol. Once you figure out what you're doing, and how to activate thunder tempest without manually popping it it's awesome. Plus red hand + magic meditation + PoL = damn wtf holy **** gtfo lol.
  • Hitoriki - EyrdaHitoriki - Eyrda Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It is a good tree for both pve and pvp. I used to be a frost Mage but honestly I got bored. The pvp as a wind mage is pretty fun lol. Once you figure out what you're doing, and how to activate thunder tempest without manually popping it it's awesome. Plus red hand + magic meditation + PoL = damn wtf holy **** gtfo lol.

It's all about Spark burst man! >(
    But anyway, lightning is pretty decent for pve and pvp both. The mana drain is kinda hilarious in arena. But make sure you have plenty of hp or evasion gears if you plan on spamming your aoes while questing. In instances it's not so much of a proplem since you'll have a healer or two of some sort.
    Xiryn: Human Fire Mage
    Hitoriki: Elf Light Bard
    Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it to the one who endures that the final victory comes.