test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can someone give me pointers about Dark Vamp and Edge/Shadow Sin?

rezph3tadorezph3tado Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Class Discussion
i want to make a new toon, pref my main.

i`m torn between Dark Vamp and Edge Sin...

Can someone please explain to me the advantage and disadvantage of both.

i think they are good in pve/pvp...

but which is will not cost much but still you can enjoy pvp :D

which one is not easy to counter.

how do you make one of them shine or good in pvp/pve

tyvm
Post edited by rezph3tado on

Comments

• Unbrokenable - LionheartUnbrokenable - Lionheart Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't play either of them, but since no one answered I'll try my best.

Dark Vamp:
    - Not melee
    - Really good mobility
    - Better general damage output
    - Decent amount of crowd control
    - Feast = really good mass crowd control

Edge Sin:
    - Can burst down targets really quickly
    - Lots of single target crowd control (Stuns, silence, slow, etc)
    - Invisibility
    - High accuracy
    - Multi-hit skills

I think edge sins are actually strong against dark vampires since they can burst them down really quickly before they can do anything. But I think dark vampire is a more versatile pick.

Both are mainly good against single targets but I think vampires have a better kit for dealing with multiple enemies.
  • WerePetar - IllyfueWerePetar - Illyfue Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    go for sin ,there is to much of vamps in game alredy ,btw edge sin need huge crtic chance and damge to be good for pvp or pwe if u wont cheap sin go for venom but he is bed for pvp i can tell u same for vamp only vamp is quite exspensive his skill costs few time more then sins and same is for gear
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm LegionCuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited February 2012
  • djfish234djfish234 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    u know now i think of it and really vampires are better. Although we lose to SOME pro **** csed sins cause they 2 hit my **** before i can do anything, classes like Bards and mage and also vamps lol, can literally slow melee classes. Bards can just make u unable to move for 10seconds and u lose, so can mages, sins have to run after their targets making them lose wrath and time. Like vampire vs bard, man they can run but my skill will hit them anyway they can slow and stop me from moving (if ur not lv 75 yet) but my skills will still kill em. Assassins only have advantage over vampires cause vampires arent a tanking class, we die easy without vampire form, but when the vamp gets warmed up and starts hitting getting orbs ect.. ull see that vamps can really turn a duel around, Sin-" Yes the vamp has like 2k hp left!" 2 seconds later "WTF?! vamp is at full HP!?" yup those moments when we just surprise sins :eek: :rolleyes:
  • noxshadow1noxshadow1 Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    djfish234 wrote: »
    u know now i think of it and really vampires are better. Although we lose to SOME pro **** csed sins cause they 2 hit my **** before i can do anything, classes like Bards and mage and also vamps lol, can literally slow melee classes. Bards can just make u unable to move for 10seconds and u lose, so can mages, sins have to run after their targets making them lose wrath and time. Like vampire vs bard, man they can run but my skill will hit them anyway they can slow and stop me from moving (if ur not lv 75 yet) but my skills will still kill em. Assassins only have advantage over vampires cause vampires arent a tanking class, we die easy without vampire form, but when the vamp gets warmed up and starts hitting getting orbs ect.. ull see that vamps can really turn a duel around, Sin-" Yes the vamp has like 2k hp left!" 2 seconds later "WTF?! vamp is at full HP!?" yup those moments when we just surprise sins :eek: :rolleyes:

This is rather...well frankly I don't know the word for it. A few points.

1. Human Assassins's Racial skill makes them immune to most controlling effects for a few seconds...more than enough time to close the gap if need be. It also dispels them.
    2. Bards can SLEEP you for up to 15 seconds (Wind) but mainly 10 seconds (Water/Light). That Sleep skill is mainly to give the Bard or their team time to set up for a maneuver. The minute they're hit once with ANY skill it dispels. Water Bards can only single-target freeze, and even then it's not a solid 10 seconds.
    3. Stating one class has an advantage over another because they're not a "tanking" class is extremely vague. In fact there are more non-tanking classes than tanking ones in this game.
    4. Anyone who "gets warmed up" can turn a duel around. Give a Wind Bard enough time to get all their buffs up and gather some wrath and see how hard they hit. The only problem...the whole point is to NOT let them get warmed up, thus making that whole point moot.

In the end the OPs question is a decision between 2 DPS classes. Just ask one simple question and leave it at that. Do you prefer melee...or ranged? Answer that and you'll find your class.
  • homosimpsonshomosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You can't solo world boss if you are a sin but you can if you are a dark vampire with the right build.